Month 5 - Umar 3000 FUE

Abedogg

Month 5 is here! I think things have slowed down as far as growth (or maybe its just difficult to tell).

These photos are outside in bright sunlight right after a shower. I tried to expose all areas that I feel haven't come in as strong as the hairline (primarily the area behind my right temple). I know, patience is still key.

At this point I would guess maybe 60% of the grafts have grown in? What do you think?

When I style my hair I can say that I feel very confident. From a cosmetic standpoint things are a success (it definitely looks like I have a nice hairline with maybe a little thinning). From a success standpoint I still want to see more growth.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Looks good buddy. Your on your way.

You were ready for basic training in your pre-op pics!

Your post-op pics looked painful...

I'm glad your sides grew back in for you.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009

Looks like its starting to kick in.

Your ht area's were so pinkish/red for so damn long that it looked pretty obvious to people you had something done right? That would really piss me off.

I dread that when i get my ht...

Leeson,

Good question. And I have to say, I really can't feel any difference b/w the nape hairs and regular hairs. There are definitely some thinner hairs, but I think I'll have to wait until 12 months to see if I can tell the difference.

Vincehair - Yes it would have been obvious that I had work done. However, most people use some sort of cover-up if they can't get away with a hat. The first couple of months are hard - you look like crap and you question whether you did the rigth thing. But when it starts to grow and everyday is better than the last, its worth it.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Looks really good, Abe, no joke! With the way your growth seems to be kicking in, the next couple months should be very exciting.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Looking good my friend, I'm had mine on the 19th and it is beginning to kick in really well..

Grow well and enjoy your new hair!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Thanks for the comments guys.

GQ - I hope I am only at 40%. If that's the case then I think I'll have a remarkable result.

Lately, I've been feeling like growth has slowed down. Hopefully new growths come in soon.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Abedogg,

looks awesome already... as they say, you need an year to begin seeing the complete result..

how much time did it take for 3000 FUE ? i believe its going to be much longer than FUG/FUT or whatever they call it these days ! and yes dont forget to let us know how much Dr. Umar charged.

Enjoy man... you crossed the river..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

TC and PD -

He charges 7 per graft and then gives you 1 per graft back if you take pictures every month for 12 months and send them to him.

The procedure took 2 days. He did about 1800 the first day and 1200 the second. I was out for most of the procedure so it went by quick but they were 12 hour days.

Abe

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

$6 per graft for FUE is very reasonable. I know there was some controversy regarding Dr. Umar on this site a while back, but I like the work that I have seen of his. It seems that $6 is about the average now for FUE. The Shapiros, Wolf, Feriduni, Bisanga, and DeVroye are all around that number, or even slightly lower. With newer tools and more top notch doctors offering less expensive FUE, I expect the procedure to continue to drop in price and be more accessible to a larger number of people.

I agree with TC17, it is a good deal.. and work looks amazing, the post-op pics show how close the grafts were placed, enjoy..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

• 2 weeks later...