4.5 Month Update - Hair Transplant 4 with Dr. Hasson

It's been awhile since I've given a personal update, so I thought it was about time. Things are progressing along nicely. I have hints of new growth and still feel several prickly hairs just breaking through the surface of the scalp. Pimples come and go, but nothing out of control. I expect the results of this hair transplant to come in slowly and progressively, but optimally nonetheless.

View my hair loss website for photos taken at 3 months and approximately 4.5 months.

Below is a photo taken from the top down that I think accurately represents what my hair looks like so far. This picture was taken with a flash, but I took it at such an angle that the flash didn't directly hit the top of my head. Though taking photos with flash isn't optimal, I think it's a pretty accurate representation of my hair to date. See my website for additional photos.

DSCN3289.jpg

Best wishes,

Bill

It looks as though you have a little shock loss below you scar after taking another look. I had the same thing going on around 4 months. It looks like you will have the improvement on your scar you are seeking though. Now stay away from the weights!!!!! I know Its tough because I get my stress release from the gym.

justgrow,

I did experience some shock loss below the scar on one side in particular, but most of it has grown back. I think the scar will be improved from the last one, but far from perfect. This is just the nature and risk of having multiple procedures. Those who undergo multiple procedures need to be aware of this. But frankly, I'd rather have a slightly wider scar and a nice head of hair than no scar and a big bald head. There's a little give and take, but my gain is much greater than the loss in my opinion.

Thanks for your interest,

Bill

Mike,

I use 1.25mg of Proscar daily although I usually skip the 5th day. I still use it to attempt to prevent hair loss in the future. The area below my crown is still thin but hasn't gotten any thinner since I started on finasteride. I also have high healthy sides with no temple recession to date and I'd like it to stay that way :-).

There is a risk of course, but I still have some donor left in reserve. I can already feel the laxity returning and then there's always FUE :-).

I'm considering trying Rogaine again after this hair transplant matures for the crown only. I'm not sure I will though, because the thinner appearance in my crown doesn't really bother me like the bald spot did.

Thanks for asking,

Bill

ok thanks

you know its funny how we dwell on these aireal views of our heads cause they depict our MPB so well.

Yet most people will never get to see our heads from this vantage point unless your genes dealt you a double blow and made you a midget and bald.

There should be a guideline that uses height to figure out how much area on the apex of the scalp can safely be ignored so grafts are maximized in zones that are typically visible to others.

Bill,

Looks very good. I agree... I'd take a wide scar for a good head of hair any day. Hell, especially when the hair is covering up the scar in the first place.

Do you use any concealer for the shockloss? I just had my 2nd procedure and I anticipating some shockloss this time around.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Mike,

I use 1.25mg of Proscar daily although I usually skip the 5th day. I still use it to attempt to prevent hair loss in the future. The area below my crown is still thin but hasn't gotten any thinner since I started on finasteride. I also have high healthy sides with no temple recession to date and I'd like it to stay that way :-).

There is a risk of course, but I still have some donor left in reserve. I can already feel the laxity returning and then there's always FUE :-).

I'm considering trying Rogaine again after this hair transplant matures for the crown only. I'm not sure I will though, because the thinner appearance in my crown doesn't really bother me like the bald spot did.

Thanks for asking,

Bill

Bill

How much Donor do you reckon you have left for further procedures?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Aaron, I didn't/don't use any concealer. I just wore a hat out socially the first couple of months after my hair transplant.

Predator, Via strip, I'd reckon I may have another 1500 to 2000 grafts. But that's just a guess. Via FUE, I'd reckon I have another 2500 or so. After 4 procedures, I'm hoping to be finished, but I guess I'll never say never. I may consider another procedure in the future, but I don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon.

Hairhope, thanks bro, considering I'd be completely bald without all of these hair transplants, I've come a long way.

Hdude, see my response to Predator. There's some more donor available. But after as many procedures as I've had, you really have to consider whether or not it's worth the additional risks to undergo another procedure.

mgem, thanks my friend.

LastChance, Hasson and Wong doesn't do FUE. However, see my guesses on available donor in my response to Predator :-).

Bill

Lookin' perfectly on target, man! This should really finish off the look you're after -- can't wait to see things when it blooms....hardest period is over, as you well know...the months rolling in should be exciting times.

And it's nice to know you have the donor of a lion king to consider FUE down the road if you ever feel inclined!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 2 weeks later...

Sparky,

Since my scar seems to be healing quite nicely, I'm not concerned about that at this point. If I ever do consider FUE, I will probably add it to remaining thinning areas on top to add density. Who knows if I'll do more in the future. For now, I'm just waiting for this hair transplant to grow out :-).

Thanks for your interest!

Bill