Potential Recommendation of Dr. William Lindsey of Reston, VA

Dear Forum Members,

I would appreciate this community's input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Lindsey on the Hair Transplant Network.

As a long time associate, colleague, and prot?©g?© of Dr. Feller's, Dr. Lindsey has over 10 years of hair transplant experience and performs hair transplants as the primary part of his practice at his clinic in Reston, VA. He has the experience and staff to perform over 3500 follicular unit grafts using ultra refined follicular unit grafting in a single session when appropriate for the hair transplant patient. He also only performs surgery on one patient per day in order to grant full attention to his patient. See Dr. Feller's glowing introduction and review of Dr. Lindsey by clicking here.

Dr. Lindsey believes in a flexible approach to hair transplantation recognizing the uniqueness of each patient. Using a combination of parallel (sagital) and perpendicular (lateral/coronal) slits with ultra refined custom cut blades as small as .6mm, Dr. Lindsey carefully creates each incision to mimic natural hair direction while minimizing scalp trauma His specialties include dense packing when appropriate for the patient, hair transplant repair, and scar repair.

Dr. Lindsey's highly trained staff (by Dr. Feller) averaging 4 years of experience dissect all follicular unit grafts under microscopes and then place them delicately into recipient sites under the direct supervision of Dr. Lindsey.

Dr. Lindsey uses a single blade to excise the donor area to minimize the risk of transection and uses the trichophytic closure technique to close the donor area in order to minimize the appearance of the scar.

Given Dr. Lindsey's extensive experience and his ultra refined techniques, I believe that once he garners sufficient positive feedback on this forum from actual patients he should be considered for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To view the membership standards for the Coalition, click here.

Patient and surgical examples can be found below:

RussianHead's 3000 Graft Results with Dr. Lindsey

18 Month Results After 3300 Grafts in One Hair Transplant Procedure

1800 Grafts in One Hair Transplant Procedure

18 Months After 1500 Grafts in One Hair Transplant Procedure

Immediately Postoperative Photos of 2100 Graft Hair Transplant Repair

Patient Surgical Photos Receiving 2500 Grafts Densely Packed Into the Hairline

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our recommendation criteria, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

From all I have seen and heard I think Dr. Lindsey is definitely deserving. Especially being rather new to the forums, and the format for what is considered an "ideal" showing (i.e. the pre/intra/post-op pics), he has impressed me for sure, and I suspect he will continue to improve by showing consistency.

Also, I think his recommendation and exposure does a great service to the hairloss community who live in that area, as many of the most notable (notorious...) practices clearly do not practice ultra-refined tecniques.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Its kind of funny how a doctor can do such good work and post very informative subjects but cant figure out how to answer any pms or answer email he gave from two different people about possible work being done. These were sent awhile back and one lately.

If you go on work alone I would say yes .

If you go on taking a second to look at a couple of pictures and respond back with an estimate at this time I would say no. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Its kind of funny how a doctor can do such good work and post very informative subjects but cant figure out how to answer any pms or answer email he gave from two different people about possible work being done. These were sent awhile back and one lately.

If you go on work alone I would say yes .

If you go on taking a second to look at a couple of pictures and respond back with an estimate at this time I would say no. icon_confused.gif

It's funny but Dr. Lindsey doesn't hold a patent on that. During this whole process I've had one tech that still hasn't returned my pm, had a doc miss our phone appt. and neither was Dr. Lindsey. Maybe these guys are truly busy with their craft and all the other stuff is, like Sammy Hagar once said, like mental masturbation....(not sure what that means but it sounds about right).

I remember when he was first posting pics, and he admitted to being tech-unfriendly so I'd be willing to cut him some slack on that. I doubt he knows he's got a pm.

My vote is yea, as he has trained under the HTN god and has a lot of experience in plastic surgery. He's sure contributed a lot to the various discussions on here, and he's at a place in the country where you need a coalition doc, imo.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

PGP,

I can actually address the private message (pm) issue because at first, I had the same problem.

Apparently he registered with an email address he no longer uses so he has not been notified of his private messages.

Dr. Lindsey and I only spoke recently about this so I don't believe he has yet to change his email address on the forum to his current. I trust he will resolve this matter quickly because he's always been quite prompt at returning my emails that is, once I had his correct email address icon_smile.gif

Bill

After seeing your all's comments on the PM's, I think that I have figured out how to find and respond to them.

I'll check them periodically now, but I had really no idea that anyone would send me a PM. I just figured people would blog, or call for an appointment. So I am guilty of never checking until this am.

Don't misconstrue this as me being to busy or proud to reply, I just didn't realize anyone would send anything.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

No problem doctor. Thanks for the pm. My friend already called your clinic and was very impressed with whoever he talked to.I think hes coming in for a consultation.

He cant travel so I was trying to help him avoid going to anyone and I was a little discouraged that I couldnt find a website or no responses from the pm or email address you posted on here. Now I know why.

• Administrators

Thanks for everyone's input on this thread and on the photo albums showing some of Dr. Lindsey's patient results.

In my opinion, his work is highly refined and his background, training and results are impressive.

Bill and I will be presenting this topic in our next forum newsletter to invite all our members to add their input before we make a final decision.

Since we currently do not have a physician/clinic recommended in Virginia I'm excited about the possibility of being able to provide hair loss sufferers in the VA area with a strong reputation.

Bill and I really appreciate everyone's thoughtful input.

Onward and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yes, I still perform some facial plastic surgery, but have phased a significant portion of that out in order to perform hair transplantation on a fulltime basis. Thankfully, the demand for hair transplantation has been high, so I have a new and expanded hair facility being constructed at this time in Tysons Corner, Virginia and this will be for hair transplant patients exclusively. We do not employ consultants or salesmen. Much of my current plastic surgery is on my former patients and their friends to whom I have a responsibility, but am phasing that side of my surgical career out in favor of hair.

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey,

Thank you for the clarification.

Dr. Lindsey and I did speak about this on the phone today and clarified any misunderstanding. Though Dr. Lindsey does not perform hair transplantation exclusively at this time, it has become the main specialty at his clinic, and soon he will be exclusively performing hair transplantation at his clinic in VA.

Therefore I have modified my original post to state that hair transplantation is the primary speciality of his clinical practices.

Surgeons who perform either hair transplantation exclusively or as the primary speciality of their practice are eligible for recommendation as per our high level of membership standards.

This hopefully will clear up any misunderstandings and show that Dr. Lindsey does meet our standards for recommendation.

In my opinion and based on the work I've seen, he is worthy of recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

More feedback is welcome.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the clarification. I went back and read some of the threads. I think that it's great that he takes the time to get involved - answer questions and put fears aside for individuals seeking hair transplant surgery. Based on the pictures I think his results look fantastic. My vote is ABSOLUTELY!

Best,

M

Dr.Lindsay: You've expressed that you don't employ consultants. As someone that has had great results and because of those results I'M seriously looking at becoming a Consultant in the hair transplant industry...if it weren't for the insight and goodwill of the consultant(s), I would have not understood what it was I was doing and quite possibly would have taken the wrong road. No disrespect, but Consultants do more than just drum up more business...they educate and inform for a better overall patient experiences and expected results. Yes, as a Consultant I would keep the doctor busy...but more importantly, it would be fostering long term loyal relationships. I'm glad they were there for me when I needed them most.

🙃

I have tried to avoid these threads lately, but I feel compelled to give my 2 cents since e-mails were sent to members requesting input.

Here are the requirements for entry to the Coalition:

*Demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny incisions and grafts that are microscopically prepared.

*The ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.

*Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance.

*Dedication to doing state of the art hair transplantation exclusively or at least as the main specialty of the clinic.

*Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout, as well as excellent growth rates.

*An excellent reputation of the physician amongst colleagues and former patients.

*Several years experience in performing hair restoration surgery.

*Extensive medical training, depth of background, board certifications, honors, credentials, lectures, and published articles and books

Personally I have only seen one unsolicited posts of patients and nothing prior to him suddently being presented.

As far as I know, I have never heard of Dr. Lindsey until mentioned by Dr. Feller. Is there a financial joint venture between the 2 by chance or am I mistaken? Apology if I am wrong, but certainly have not heard other colleagues mention him.

It doesn't sound like his priority is performing HT's. He is heading in that direction, but maybe there should be a waiting period until he achieves this?

Has he produced any literature, books or texts pertaining to hair transplantation?

Keep in mind that I never make any posts to just stir the pot, but am truly looking out for the best interest of the patient.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN,

Knowing you, I know that you are posting out of genuine concern for our patient community. So thank you for expressing your opinions and concerns.

So you are aware, Dr. Lindsey is being considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network at this time (see recommendation standards here), not the Coalition. As stated above, in time and from sufficient positive patient posted feedback, he should be considered for the Coalition.

Dr. Lindsey and Dr. Feller are affiliated with one another. In Dr. Feller's post (linked above), he states

"I would like to introduce my long time associate, mentor, and friend Dr. William Lindsey of Reston, Virginia.

Dr. Lindsey has teamed up with me in a joint practice located in Reston, Virginia which he will operate as the managing partner and sole surgeon. "

This "joint practice" states publicly their affiliation with one another.

In speaking with Dr. Lindsey, it is clear to me that his speciality and priority is hair transplantation and consists of the majority of his practice and time to date. It is currently the speciality of his clinic and soon he will be exclusively performing hair transplantation.

Based on all the positive patient posted feedback and posted pictures, I think we need to trust our eye balls and instincts on this and give Dr. Lindsey the opportunity to become recognized as one of the select group who performs state of the art hair transplantation.

Best wishes,

Bill

It came with the invite for esteemed members to attend the annual baldies big bash. Maybe yours is in the mail.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I recommend also subscribing to the Hair Transplant Network newsletter (will be sent out in the next few days), by going to www.hairtransplantnetwork.com. On the right hand side margin, there is a place to subscribe to the newsletter.

Now let's make sure we keep this thread on topic to discuss Dr. Lindsey's recommendation.

Thanks,

Bill

I appreciate everyone who contributed their opinions on Dr. Lindsey's potential recommendation.

Given his experience, credentials, patient results, and glowing reviews and positive remarks made by the patient members of this community, Pat and I believe that Dr. Lindsey has now earned the honor of being recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

To view his profile/recommendation, click here.

Additional patient photo examples are in the process of being added as well.

I hope and expect that Dr. Lindsey will continue to share his work with our online community.

Please welcome and congratulate him on being recommended on our online Hair Transplant community

Best wishes,

Bill