Dermmatch on buzzed head - do you believe in miracles? YES!!!

Okay, so it's not a miracle, but it's pretty damn good for only having to get up 10 minutes earlier to commit to putting it on...

Let me know what you all think.

It looks a bit better this way, is not noticeable that there is a "scalp dye" even upon close inspection. I use a very, very small amount of DM and put it over an area, then use my finger to rid of the excess. It takes about 10 minutes and leaves me with more of a "high and tight" look than a diffuse thinning-look. The hairline is still a little off, obviously, but it's less glaring this way (from what i can see).

PS - I have a girlfriend as of today. Things are looking up! She hasn't really noticed or mentioned my hair. I've worn a hat a lot around her, and take it off occasionally to let her become more aware of my hair, but she hasn't said a word and I won't until she does. She has not seen the scar to my knowledge or if she has she hasn't said anything. I'm not complaining. If she asks - "I've had it since birth." Until I feel comfortable telling her that I've had an HT, that's what I'll do.

Photo%2028.jpg

Photo%2029.jpg

Here it is without DM Photo%2012.jpg

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Nothin'?

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Things look pretty good as far as I can tell from the photos. Amazing what a little bit of that concealer stuff is capable of.

Glad to hear about the girlfriend.

I was once asked about the scar from an old girlfriend that had noticed it after I showered and I was terriefied to tell her the truth. When I finally told her she said, "Oh" and continued on doing what she was doing. True story.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

how does this dermatch stuff work anyway? I thought it was a "make-up" type concealer thing, but if you can use it on your shaved head without it being visible on your scalp, then maybe Im wrong. What is it exactly?

NN,

the only way any of your girlfriends knew was by seeing the scar? They can't tell (in the recipient area) if their running their fingers through your hair?

Dhuge,

I think Dermatch makes a nice difference for you even with a shaved head. That's great!

ng2gb,

It's a powdery substance that when mixed with water gets applied to the scalp with a swab. It fattens the existing hair follicles temporarily and dyes the scalp to match. It must be applied very carefully in order for it to look natural. I have found that a little goes a long way.

Personally though, I didn't like it and even though I think it looked ok, I just felt fake with it. But that was just me. Many people love it though.

Bill

Ng2GB,

At that time the only way she knew about HT was the scar. NO, running hands thru recipient area wouldn't do it.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Dermatch is truly the best!

thank god I have never had any inquiry about my HT or scar. I managed to get 3 without anyone knowing .. The concealer was tough because I would leave a "print" on the pillow whenever I slept at a girls house!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I apply dry dermmatch rather than wet it, otherwise it would look like dyed skin and not more natural.

The way it is now, it just looks like i have a receding hairline, and a kind of odd one at that - but the rest of my hair looks pretty normal/full.

Even upon close inspection it is hard to tell anything is on the scalp.

I've been showering my head before bed, then I apply the dermmatch before I go to sleep and wake up and take a shower without getting water on my head. Usually I can make tiny fixes with the dermmatch then, if anything is even necessary.

Seems to look just a bit better.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

PS - I definitely don't need any help with my eyebrows. hahah

Hell, I could probably harvest those fuckers for like 3,000 fus. lol!

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm glad its working for you on a shaved head, I tired the brown once on my head and it didnt add anything noticable, and then I realized that I need to make it LIGHTER for it to have the correct illusory effect. Dark hair on pale skin needs a lighter color

So, now I have to shell out more $ for another color, but its worth a shot. Platinum blond. If it works thats all that matters, hopefully I can make it look natural and it will thicken thin hair.

dhuge,

I look to be in a similiar boat as you. I've kept my hair buzzed at various lenghts of late, and also found Dermmatch to be a miracle worker! I never buzzed quite as short as you, however...good to know I could go that close and still be able to use dermmatch to such effect.

If I can acquaint myself w/ the 21st century and find a way to get some before/after concealer pics I would love to....it is absurd how different I look -- virtually a NW1ish with dermmatch and toppik combo and the right hair length.

Biggest pain is the "hair-print" that Mrjb mentioned, and after an intense workout I can look strikingly different. +, it just ain't hair!!!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Keep me posted on your HT with Dr. Feller, please. It might be good to see your before and post op pics so I can see what you look like in comparison to me.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Absolutely, man. Going to make sure everything gets well documented....just countin' the days down and thinking up some good excuses to tell my gym mates! icon_smile.gif

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Absolutely, man. Going to make sure everything gets well documented....just countin' the days down and thinking up some good excuses to tell my gym mates! icon_smile.gif

That's awesome.

Tell your gym buddies that you're going to get a full-body wax. hahaha

Actually, that'd be worse than telling them you're getting an HT. lol

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hahah. Wow. TBH, I would never be able to live either down; thankfully, I only plan on partaking in 1 of the aforementioned. lol.

-----------

I'm getting better at applying it more aggressively and maintaining a natural look.

Not bad!

Photo%2025.jpg

Photo%2030.jpg

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Very impressive; I assume that you don't wet the applicator at all when working w/ hair so short..? How long does the whole process take for you? For me I would say well under 5minutes, and maybe 5minutes when I take into account applying toppik and styling as well.

To me the key w/ dermmatch is how wet to get the applicator, and the dish, w/ each coating -- when I strike the perfect balance for my hair length the results make me go from a veritable NW4diffuser to a NW1.5 w/ no discernable balding.

-----------

Yeah, I don't wet the applicator at all. I rub a small amount of Dermmatch into the applicator, then apply and then use my finger to spread it around and remove the excess.

It does take about 20 minutes to get it perfectly applied and as natural as possible looking.

Like I said to Bill, 20 minutes to look better for the next 1,420 minutes of the day is worth it to me. It's also nice that it can stay in and look fine for 2 straight days, if I want it to.

For less than $30 a month it's something I'll use, at least as long as I have to until I can get my next HT.

Not a bad "hold-over" in the meantime.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

i just got this other stuff off e bay called JME or something like that. i keep my hair buzzed now and this stuff really covers well. now its only like 10 bucks for a months supply. i bought it for 25 but was like for three months. plus it takes like 10 minutes to put on.

• 3 weeks later...

dermmatch is the bomb, nothing else works as good in my opinion.. never tried in on short hair, going tom give it a go.. dhuge, it looks like u use the light brown? do u find sometimes u can see a red tint?

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Hi

I have posted many times Dermatch is by far the best concealer & I have tried most everything..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I got mine in the mail today. Do you rub it on your scalp? I just applied some, and while I don't have the look I did at 18, it appears to have covered some of the thinning areas. I'm sure I didn't do it quite right anyway, though.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I must say after it's dried, and I've brushed it again it has given me the appearance of thicker hair.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I just tried the light brown a few weeks ago on my crown area and it works great. I do think I need to devote more time to it in the morning though since I only give myself an extra 3-5 minutes to apply it after I've blown-dried my hair. Is it initially supposed to be kinda pasty or am I applying to much water to the applicator? It never seems like powder to me, just a scalp tanner that reduces the contrast when i brush my hair straight back. Maybe I should be applying it differently for better results, any suggestions?