Welcome! Click here to learn how to use this discussion group.

• Administrators

Welcome to our new mobile friendly and fully responsive hair loss forum and social community for sharing your frank opinions with others about hair loss treatments and surgeons.

Hair loss treatments, including surgeries, are largely unregulated (i.e. buyer beware). But if we put our collective bald, or formerly bald heads together, we can help each other find solutions.

But to get past the Hype we need to share or experiences and opinions and that means POSTING.

This discussion forum offers you a powerful and easy tool for expressing yourself and learning from hundreds of others.

It is organized by major subjects "Forums" that then contain the actual posts or "Topics" that then contain replies.

To post a new topic or reply to an existing one you will need to register as a member. This is a quick and simple process that respects your privacy.

Click “Sign Up” at the top of the page  either on your computer or your mobile device and follow the instructions. Once you are registed and logged in you can post and reply on all the forums.

To reply to a topic as a registered user,  login using your login name and password. Your login name can either be your forum display name or your email address.

You can then use the "Reply" feature at the bottom of the discussion thread  or click the shortcut button at the top that will take you directly where to reply.   You can then create your reply and then click “submit reply”. 

You're now online and being read around the world! :)

You can also create your own new topic. To post a new topic as a registered user.  To do so, click on the "Click to start a topic" button.  Choose a relevant subject, write your message and click "Submit New Thread".

You can also search the entire discussion or a particular forum by typing in keywords by clicking on "Search” toward the top right hand side of the forum.

And each time you return to the discussion the site will recognize you and show you what has been posted since your last visit by using different colored images. Can it get much easier?

Well, those are all the basics.

I hope to see you online - Pat editor and "Recovered Bald Guy"

• Like 2

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 16 years later...

Hello, I'm from Melbourne. I do have a nightmare about my hair due to apart of my scalp had been with dandruff (I do not know why it keeps on coming out). I've been removing my dandruff for a long time then one day, I was trying to remove dandruff and I felt it was smooth (which is the scalp now). So My problem is there is no hair growing at my scalp (where the mysterious dandruff keeps on appearing). What can I do to make my grow hair back?

• 1 month later...

I emailed Dr. Timothy Carman, La Jolla, California about a week or so ago about hair transplant questions and haven't heard anything back. This seems somewhat strange from someone so highly qualified. Is he still doing hair transplants? Just teaching now?  Anyone heard anything about him lately?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
After seeing my hairline fade away I wanted to find a way to get it back. I searched for solutions for about a year. I found Dr. Diep and saw all the remarkable before and after videos. I knew this was for me. I had 2678 graphs moved to my hairline. After my one year follow-up the results are phenomenal...Dr. Diep has brought my youth back. Looking back at old photos I never realized how much hair I had lost compared to what I have now.

I have scheduled another procedure with Dr. Diep to enhance my wonderful new hairline. If you are looking to get some of your self-esteem back I recommend you see Dr. Diep..

Review by GB based in UK

I have a great head of hair but was suffering from hair loss in my crown area for 5 years. I knew I had to get it sorted and for me, a HT was the only way. I met someone here in the UK who had a HT from Vera Clinic and it looked great so I booked my appointment to get it done. I got to Istanbul and was promptly met by the driver. A very comfortable drive got me to the Hilton hotel and after a good night sleep, the driver took me to the clinic around 8.30am. The Vera clinic is spotlessly clean and the doctors and staff were polite and courteous. The clinic provides a light lunch half way through the procedure. I left the clinic around 3pm and was told to rest back at the hotel. The head is very very sore afterwards as with any surgery. I returned the following day for a first wash of the head and the clinic then recommends the medication and lotions you need to take. I flew back to the UK after this. The Clinic keeps in constant touch with you via Whats app to answer questions and check progress. Its been 11 months now since the procedure and i m very happy I did the HT with Vera Clinic. The results so far are great. Even now, I get a message asking how things are and I provide photos for the medical team to check the progress. 
I would highly recommend Vera Clinic for your HT. Dont be put off because they are in Turkey. You wont regret doing it at Vera Clinic.

Edited by gbul gbuk

• 4 weeks later...

Simply put, Dr. Bernstein is THE BEST in the field of hair restoration. He is an innovator, and at the forefront of the newest techniques. He is a tried and true expert in the field. He is honest and does not make any false promises or claims-unlike other companies who offer discount coupons and make ridiculous false claims.  His results are better than i could have ever imagined. I truly feel like a new person. My confidence and self esteem has been greatly enhanced.  The entire staff at Bernstein Medical is fantastic. Everyone is professional, courteous, friendly, very competent and do everything in their power to make the experience as easy as possible.  They answer any and all calls immediately and Dr. Bernstein is always available for any follow-up visits or concerns you may have.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone please let me know how to put a signature on the bottom of the posts? I've tried, but haven't had any luck. Thanks!

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In 1977 I had 2 x sessions of a hair transplant using the "punch graft" method. Since then I have had constant pain on the right side of head as they damaged the nerves. So much so that I would strongly recommend anyone considering a transplant to think again. Even Elton John didn't have a satisfactory procedure. I would certainly not have gone through with this had I known the dangers.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/3/2002 at 8:17 AM, Pat - Community Publisher said:

Welcome to our new mobile friendly and fully responsive hair loss forum and social community for sharing your frank opinions with others about hair loss treatments and surgeons.

Hair loss treatments, including surgeries, are largely unregulated (i.e. buyer beware). But if we put our collective bald, or formerly bald heads together, we can help each other find solutions.

But to get past the Hype we need to share or experiences and opinions and that means POSTING.

This discussion forum offers you a powerful and easy tool for expressing yourself and learning from hundreds of others.

It is organized by major subjects "Forums" that then contain the actual posts or "Topics" that then contain replies.

To post a new topic or reply to an existing one you will need to register as a member. This is a quick and simple process that respects your privacy.

Click “Sign Up” at the top of the page  either on your computer or your mobile device and follow the instructions. Once you are registed and logged in you can post and reply on all the forums.

To reply to a topic as a registered user,  login using your login name and password. Your login name can either be your forum display name or your email address.

You can then use the "Reply" feature at the bottom of the discussion thread  or click the shortcut button at the top that will take you directly where to reply.   You can then create your reply and then click “submit reply”. 

You're now online and being read around the world! :)

You can also create your own new topic. To post a new topic as a registered user.  To do so, click on the "Click to start a topic" button.  Choose a relevant subject, write your message and click "Submit New Thread".

You can also search the entire discussion or a particular forum by typing in keywords by clicking on "Search” toward the top right hand side of the forum.

And each time you return to the discussion the site will recognize you and show you what has been posted since your last visit by using different colored images. Can it get much easier?

Well, those are all the basics.

I hope to see you online - Pat editor and "Recovered Bald Guy"

How painful is the procedureHow painful is the procedure

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am Michael from California. I'm looking for a good American, Californian FUE Hair Transplant doctor. I've had 3 F.U.T. hair transplants since like 2011 for a total of 4200 f.u.t. grafts. I wish I'd done my research on FUE as a better alternative, but I was young and impatient. I am shopping around for a good FUE doctor here in So. Cal and have recently taken many photos of my donor area, the back and the sides as when I contact FUE doctors, I'm asked to provide them. I'm here to learn as well as to contribute and to help others.  I'm not comfortable with traveling abroad or even out of state for inexpensive procedures that don't compromise quality. I have too many responsibilities here in California to do so. Thanks for havng a forum like this around. Any questions or constructive help / advice, feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Edited by MichaelfromCalifornia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you delete comments or posts? It looks like all you can do with a previous post is edit it. How do you delete it? Also, how do you delete your account? 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella