Welcome! Click here to learn how to use this discussion group.

1 hour ago, mavigo said:

How do you delete comments or posts? It looks like all you can do with a previous post is edit it. How do you delete it? Also, how do you delete your account? 

Pretty impossible (I tried myself a few times) send a message to @Melvin- Moderatoror @Hans - WebmasterTo find out you’re options. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Britalien said:

Pretty impossible (I tried myself a few times) send a message to @Melvin- Moderatoror @Hans - WebmasterTo find out you’re options. 

This should probably be spelled out somewhere especially since most of the users on these forums are patients and patients should have the right to restrict their information at anytime. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Administrators

We do remove posts and images at the request of a user, when it does involve privacy issues. However the overall rule, is we don't allow users to remove/delete content as we have had previous situations where comments and images were posted, that were in contention and the user simply deleted the content, which meant we were unable to challenge, or verify the content. You are able to edit content that you posted within a 10 minute period of posting, so this will allow you to make changes that you would like, to the post.

Please do understand that we do respect our members privacy and will certainly do whatever we can to assist.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hans

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

We do remove posts and images at the request of a user, when it does involve privacy issues. However the overall rule, is we don't allow users to remove/delete content as we have had previous situations where comments and images were posted, that were in contention and the user simply deleted the content, which meant we were unable to challenge, or verify the content. You are able to edit content that you posted within a 10 minute period of posting, so this will allow you to make changes that you would like, to the post.

Please do understand that we do respect our members privacy and will certainly do whatever we can to assist.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response @Hans - WebmasterIs there really no way to unsubscribe/delete our accounts ? Apart from just logging out of course. I know it’s different if a account/member is either banned or reported for spam, both of those stop posting privileges either temporarily or permanently. But surely there must be another way for those of us just wanting to leave amicably? I don’t really want to get banned or have to post spam just to leave 😉

• Like 1

• Administrators

I do understand your dilemma and we do try to respect user input. There does become a bit of a grey area, imagine when a user has loads of good content and then leaves the site, wanting to delete all their content. All well and good, but then there could be multiple threads with removed content that may well not make sense anymore.

I guess the easiest solution is to change your username and then we could take down any specific identifiable images/content that would allow others to identify you.

• Thanks 1

Hans

Webmaster

Just now, Hans - Webmaster said:

I do understand your dilemma and we do try to respect user input. There does become a bit of a grey area, imagine when a user has loads of good content and then leaves the site, wanting to delete all their content. All well and good, but then there could be multiple threads with removed content that may well not make sense anymore.

I guess the easiest solution is to change your username and then we could take down any specific identifiable images/content that would allow others to identify you.

For me, not the guy who has posed this question, I’m more than happy to leave all my content up as it’s around 10 years worth, and i no longer have any pics up anyway. 

All I’m curious about is what could actually be done for me to no longer be able to log in and not use the account.? Would it take a ban, or is there another way ? 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Britalien said:

For me, not the guy who has posed this question, I’m more than happy to leave all my content up as it’s around 10 years worth, and i no longer have any pics up anyway. 

All I’m curious about is what could actually be done for me to no longer be able to log in and not use the account.? Would it take a ban, or is there another way ? 

Sure, we could lock your account, but that would be the same as you just logging out and never logging back in again. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hans

Webmaster

Sure, we could lock your account, but that would be the same as you just logging out and never logging back in again. 😁

Ok so locking it would prevent me from logging back in? This sounds like a good option If so. 

21 minutes ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Thanks for the response Hans. Wouldn't the threads just dissappear after the user is deleted? 

I'll stick around for but that sort of surprised me that there isn't a delete function for posts/comments. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, mavigo said:

Thanks for the response Hans. Wouldn't the threads just disappear after the user is deleted? 

I'll stick around for but that sort of surprised me that there isn't a delete function for posts/comments. 

Your own threads may go, but if you posted elsewhere, by providing some useful information and feedback, that would then leave a "hole" if that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hans

Webmaster

That would not stop you logging in, just stop you creating new content.

Right ok, So there really is no way to get out 😂 well apart from being banned.. shame, for those is us happy to leave up all our posts, but simply just want to bow out gracefully so to speak. To clarify you mean not being able to post or like posts etc ? 

• Administrators

Yes, not additional posts, images etc. There is no real way, other that you walking away and just not coming back. Like leaving a home and all the stuff inside, but keeping it locked and throwing away the key. Just not coming back. Or we could change the email address, username and password and then you would not be able to come back.

Not sure why you would want it locked, easy enough just to not come back.
🙃

• Like 1

Hans

Webmaster

49 minutes ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Hope this helps.

I don't know if this should be called out somewhere during registration or in a posting in a FAQs/guidelines section. 

Knowing that it's difficult to remove posts/comments would make users twice of what of what they're about to post, especially in regards to photos or other personal details. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, mavigo said:

I don't know if this should be called out somewhere during registration or in a posting in a FAQs/guidelines section. 

Knowing that it's difficult to remove posts/comments would make users twice of what of what they're about to post, especially in regards to photos or other personal details. 

I think that is a good idea and will discuss this with the team. 

• Like 1

Hans

Webmaster

11 minutes ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Yes, not additional posts, images etc. There is no real way, other that you walking away and just not coming back. Like leaving a home and all the stuff inside, but keeping it locked and throwing away the key. Just not coming back. Or we could change the email address, username and password and then you would not be able to come back.
🙃

Hmm ok… will give this option some thought, I really appreciate you’re response. Hopefully could help anybody else also wondering the same thing. I know on other social media platforms the options are different, but a forum like this its a entirely different beast so to speak. We don’t just have a option to leave in the same way. And of course i totally agree that we shouldn’t have any holes in threads, or just have them removed unless there is very good reason, even then they are just usually hidden from view. Thanks though, I will email you directly when i make a decision on how best to move forward 🙏

Edited by Britalien
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mavigo said:

I do agree with you here, it needs to be very clear. Especially considering that people would be thinking they could delete what they wanted and leave if they so desired, thinking of other platforms like disqus/FB/Reddit etc. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Your own threads may go, but if you posted elsewhere, by providing some useful information and feedback, that would then leave a "hole" if that makes sense.

Yes, it would leave nonsensical threads behind.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Not sure why you would want it locked, easy enough just to not come back.
🙃

Lol if only it was easy not to come back.. I have good willpower usually, but this forum *and I’m quoting @Gatsbyhere* is like a annoying/wobbly tooth you just can’t quite stop fiddling with ! 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Britalien said:

I do agree with you here, it needs to be very clear. Especially considering that people would be thinking they could delete what they wanted and leave if they so desired, thinking of other platforms like disqus/FB/Reddit etc. 

Agreed. Due to the nature of the content here, hair loss can be linked to very intimate/sexual issues, users should have that fair warning before they go into detail on topics they might feel uncomfortable about later when their content receives a lot of attention.

I think this could/should also encourage other users to not post mean/trolling responses.

And on the note of reddit - content like threads are preserved when a user deletes their account, it just says user deleted, so that would address the "holes". 

But thanks for the clarification, now I know to think a bit harder before posting content that I'm not fully comfortable with being semi-permanent. 

• Like 1

Yeh the thing with Reddit is you can actually delete/remove posts, and I have seen this does leave some holes so to speak. But here it’s different, like you say it just needs to be made clear, preferably when people are joining up, could be part of the T&Cs. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, IMM1979 said:

Hi, the link to attach photos seems to have disappeared. Only see options via link or inserting Existing Attachments...has something changed ?

Yep. I tried to do my seven month update and had the same problem with adding pics @IMM1979.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1