Need Shampoo Info!!!

You guys have to try Shen Min Vitalize. Great shampoo and NO I don't think that shen min will help grow hair but maybe limit loss and the shampoo is awesome and not harsh at all.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Biolage makes my hair feel nice.. Again the shampoos are not going to do much so pick the one which works best on your hair ( or lack thereof)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Moderators
with the obvious notion to NOT use Nizoral every day.

Why is that? I've been using Nizoral daily for a good number of years now. Recently though I've been using Head and Shoulders Intensive Solutions a little less than once a week because it makes my hair a little softer.

Guys, I don't know if you realize this. When you use nizoral (or other shampoo that is supposed to help eliminate DHT in your scalp) you have to leave it in your hair for at least 5 minutes to let it soak into your scalp. What I do is shampoo my hair when I first start my shower and then leave it in while I shower and rinse it out at the end.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy,

I think some who use Nizoral have experienced their scalp becoming overly dry. The Nizoral Shampoo site states that the effects of the shampoo carry on for several days thus daily use is not necessary................so maybe this is another reason for an every other day or twice a week regimen?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Moderators
Originally posted by hairbank:

I think some who use Nizoral have experienced their scalp becoming overly dry.

Ah. I see. My hair starts getting very oily after only 9 or 10 hours (was even worse some years ago) so using it every day works well for me and keeps the greasy/oilyness away just long enough to get through my day.

Thanks.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hi guys

Let's keep in mind different people have different scalps and hair qualities so the shampoo will affect them differently. in addition, the sensitivity level is a factor as well

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Try Sex Panther! 60% of the time it works everytime!

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Good one Joe!

That is one of my all time favorite lines

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi,

I have tried a couple of shampoos which are available in the market(I would not like to mention the brand) These shampoos were very strong and harsh on my hair. I started experiencing a lot of hair fall after regular use of those shampoos, I kept changing my shampoos too.I have had such a bad experience from these shampoos which make tall claim in their advertisement.

Since then I have been using shampoos made from natural products. They don't harm the hair they are not too strong or harsh on the hair. They give a great bounce and improve texture of the hair. Since they are natural I'm not scared of any ill effects which they will have on my hair.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the deal on Shampoos

Nizoral is the only shampoo which has shown to have any positive result of improving hair quantity.. Many on here use it 2-3 times a week.. Some claim it is a bit harsh but it depends.

Other than that , choose a shampoo which you feel makes your hair managable & nice. It doesnt have to cost a fortune

It's that simple

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

bay-

Good info...............wonder why it has 2% keto but yet you need a script to buy Nizoral with 2% keto............anyone have a clue on this?

Sounds like Revita has some other good qualities, let me know what you think of it as I may give it a try. What's it cost?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Well used revita today...felt great nice lather no sls...did wonders to detangle my hair. With that said will it improve your hair... that I don't think.... it is a very well made shampoo that I know...top notch so far amongst what I have tried since my ht, got 30bucks to blow then its worth the try.

1.revita

2a.nizoral (has sls)

2b.t-gel (has sls)

3.clean and clear (baby shampoo no sls)

4.redken aquafy (has sls)

I think if I could find a way to combine nizoral and emu oil in the right balance it would be the best product even though it has sls...thats going to be the next shampoo semi home made nizoral mixed w/emu oil....I noticed revita moisturized my hair more then any other shampoo and it has emu so what the heck...will update again.

cool

Good to know it has the Ketro as well. Do you find it to be harsh though as many have indicated with Nizoral?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ummm...seems to clean the sebum build up on the scalp well (nizoral and t-gel do better). It is a nice shampoo but is it worth the money I am not sure... I may try Nioxon to hit for the cycle and then make out a week trail (w/spread sheet ??“shot at Jotronic-jk). But again if you can afford it, smells good with out fragrance and features - caffeine, taurine, rooibos tea, apple polyphenol, copper peptides, msm, carnitine tartarte, cysteine, spin traps, biotin, ornitine, pure emu oil, ketoconazole....primary ingredients...holy smoke that is a ton of crap...good crap though....As a whole they say to use it five days.. I think that is too much I would say 3-4days max but that shows it is much much less harsh then tgel or nizoral. My pure emu oil comes in next week and I am going to try to hand mix and lather nizoral 1% with certified emu oil equal parts (something tells me that will be the winner but will see).

Thanks Bayscholar

You sound like a wizard mixing some wild potion icon_smile.gif

I think I might try that shampoo too. it sounds really good and I plan to use instead of Nizoral..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Head and shoulders used to work for me, but it hasn't been doing anything for me of late. I would recommend trying Nizarol, I heard that it may help slow down hairloss or hair growth.

Also alot of people recommend Selsen Blue.