Celebrity HTs?

Hello Everyone,

I know this subject has been touched upon before in the forum but does anyone know for certain about Matt Lauer of the "Today" show? The search function of the site is not working for me tonight and I can't recall any references to him in particular recently.

He is literally in the limelight daily and his hair has changed a lot from 10 or even 5 years ago. If he did I think it looks very good. Obviously he doesn't have "rock star hair" but I think most of us have realistic notions about what HTs can and can't accomplish and couldn't care less about that anyway. The coverage, density, and height/shape of the hairline look very appropriate for a man his age.

I understand that we should not base our decisions on who "the stars" go to. They have unlimited financial resources and could certainly take several weeks off or longer to recuperate from proceedures and remain out of the public eye, as opposed to those of us with more conventional lives. It is more important to chose a provider with impeccable credentials who will work with us as individuals and is skilled at addressing our concerns and goals.

PCC

yep, i see what u mean he does have a pretty good hair for his age and i wouldn't mind finding out who was his surgeon no matter the cost. at least for me hair is worth it and is that important. better off, rather than going to a cheap surgeon and have him slice and dice and mess you up...

Politik/Guy and Wallywonka,

Thanks for the insightful responses to my post. I can't believe that in almost 100 views no one else has any ideas or observations about Matt Lauer! Oh well, it has only been two days. This can't be a forbidden topic as others here have speculated about well known celebrities who may have had hair restoration.

Quite ironically on 6/1 just two days after I posted this there was a story on "Today" about HTs. (Did any of you see it? It featured Dr. Bernstein and two of his clients.) Guess who introduced and narrated the segment? Could this be merely coincidental?

I only saw an online video recap so I don't know if Matt disclosed anything personal. I don't recall him ever admitting or discussing it, unlike his colleague Al Roker who has been very open about his experiences with gastric bypass surgery.

My intent here is not to spread gossip but if he has had proceedures, I think this exemplifies an excellent outcome and the work of a gifted surgeon and team.

PCC

Chances are Matt has had some work done.

2 yrs ago when he was thinning a lot, he took about 2-3 weeks off for vacation, or something and came back with his head shaved (common with surgeries). He had a very thin crown and receeding hairline and mid scap/frontal core that was very thin-- alot of scalp showing through. However over the past year as he has kept his hair short-- not shaved like before but probably around 2inches or so, his hair has filled in nicely in the hairline and midscalp. The crown is still a little thin but not as much as before. So if he has had anything done, then propecia/Rogaine- or whatever he is using is working very well.

I think it looks good now.

No, there is nothing wrong with this topic. I have speculated on Matt myself. As to how to find out, well, there really isn't short of him coming out and telling. The physician will certainly not let on because of patient/doctor confidentiality. It looks we will just have to wonder.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey guys,

I was reading USA Weekend that came with my local newspaper today and I found something very interesting. A lady wrote in a question, "Why has Matt Lauer kept his hair so short? Is he working on anything besides the Today Show?"

Here's the answer:

"Lauer, 47, who no longer owns a comb, tells us he just isn't the kind of guy who'd go for hair plugs. So, short it is until there's none at all. Beginning Sunday, he hosts the Discovery Channel series Greatest American, an American Idol like show, complete with phone voting, for history buffs."

So I guess it answers the question everyone has wondered about, including myself (unless he's lying).

I can't say if Matt Lauer had HT or not, but here's list of some celebritites who seem to have had multiple HTs:

Nicolas Cage

Billy Bob Thorton

Some guy from ABC news (he had HTs with Dr. Tessler)

I have seen his pictures from before when he was dating Angelina Jolie. He was completely bald (Norwood 6). He always wore hats at parties and functions. and I just saw him recently on Jay Leno with full head of hair, although his hairline was pretty high which is pretty normal for norwood 6 type.

Now he looks much younger with full head of hair. He must have atleast 2-3 HTs.

Billy Bob wears a hairpiece for some of his latest movies and continues to wear it privately after the movies until he has another movie that he can go all nature-- like the one he is filming now which he has a lot less hair than you've seen on the big screen lately-- more like when he was married to Angelina Jolie.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the insightful responses! I think it is safe to assume that Matt Lauer has had work done, although he may not be willing to admit it. I thought that it was interesting that when questioned he would only say that he "would never go with plugs". As we all know that no one is doing plugs anymore, this response was not altogether dishonest!

I agree that Billy Bob wears a hairsystem and I think Nicholas Cage does also. I have seen pictures of both where they were completely bald on top. The densities look too thick to be HTs. However I think their hairsystems look fairly natural and are appropriate for their ages and appearance.

Here's a couple others I have thought of as possible suspects for HTs.

Kelsey Grammer: He has always been a balding man but over 20 years of Frazier and Cheers his hairloss doesn't seem to have gotten any worse ( hasn't receeded further down the sides or back etc) and he seems to have a little more up front than he used to.However, he has kept his hair shorter and experimented with a beard a couple times both of which can affect overall apperance. This certainly could also be explained by the medicinal regimens of Rogaine and Propecia.

James Caan: Someone else here mentioned him recently and I recall not complimentary. Seeing him now on "Las Vegas" his hair obviously is not curly and wavy like earlier in his career. It is fine/thin with a high hairline (which seems exactly where it should be on men beyond a certain age) and little bit of crown showing through in back. However he doesn't "look bald" and I think this is perfectly appropriate for a man his age.

PCC

I am not very familiar with the HT background of the people you mention above, but what they have in common is that they "were" all at an advanced stage of baldness.

However, there are many celebrities who've already had an HT whilst still the proud owners of a decent head of hair, and obviously with those guys it's even harder to detect. I mentioned that before here, but I was amazed to see that the patient who had a 5000 FU surgery the day before mine was a famous TV series actor in his late 30s whom I would not even call "balding". Yes celebrities are having HTs, and just how many is anyone's guess!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Yes, if you take a look at TV and movie personalities, about 90% of them have a great head of hair. That just doesn't reflect the real world. I find myself looking at actors hair these days. Look at Don Johnson for example. I wonder...

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Care to share who the individual is?
Well you'll understand that I can't do that really, it wouldn't be fair to the guy or my Doc, who both trusted me. Wasn't supposed to see him in the first place but, on my request (and the guy's agreement), my Doc introduced me. Actually I was more interested in seeing the dense packing of 5000 FUs (ie 1500 more than me) than the guy himself.

Dunno about his. I'm happy with mine (which wasn't dense packing, just a normal HT). Yes I would recommend my doc but the new rules of this forum prevent me from doing so. Anyway, all I can say is that most of the veterans here on this site know who it is and have all made positive comments on my pictures (which have been removed as well, for the same reasons). Not sure whether I'm allowed to give a "hint" or not (eg his location), I'll let Robert clarify that. It's been 1 year and 2 days since that HT and I'm extremely pleased with the results, to say the least. Haven't had that much hair for 10 years (I'm 35 by the way). Thanks to my Doc and Proscar for the "joint effort"!

Im new to the forum but if Robert clarifies it would be nice to see your progress.

On a slightly different not Ive just watched an old episode of the Simpsons (Simpson and Delilah), an episode id seen before but never took much notice of until my recent magnified problems. I can honestly say its the first time I've heartily laughed about baldness since, the inuendoes and depiction of the life of a bald men is true genius!

Especially the use of wonder hair growth formula Dimoximil and his desperation for a full head of hair - superb.

Billy Bob Thornton is bald. If you see him with hair, it's a hairpiece.

Nic Cage has bad transplant results, and he wears a hairpiece in the movies. Occasionaly you might see him (The Tonight Show) without the hairpiece, wearing a bunch of Couvre and Toppik... and STILL looking bad.

Sly Stallone has bad transplants and wears a hairpiece all the time.

As a totally wild guess I'd say half the actors in Hollywood wear hairpieces. They're a whole lot more common than transplants, and the guys who get transplants need to cover them up with hairpieces, Couvre and Toppik.

The consultant now patient education director Steve Hodgkins at MHR told me that they did Sylvester Stalones transplant. I wish he had finished it with: He now wears a hairpiece to cover it up. I guess they did'nt do him physical harm though as he is still functioning.He got lucky.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Originally posted by arfy:

Billy Bob Thornton is bald. If you see him with hair, it's a hairpiece.

Nic Cage has bad transplant results, and he wears a hairpiece in the movies. Occasionaly you might see him (The Tonight Show) without the hairpiece, wearing a bunch of Couvre and Toppik... and STILL looking bad.

Sly Stallone has bad transplants and wears a hairpiece all the time.

As a totally wild guess I'd say half the actors in Hollywood wear hairpieces. They're a whole lot more common than transplants, and the guys who get transplants need to cover them up with hairpieces, Couvre and Toppik.

Arfy,

I'm not saying that any of this is true or untrue, but you certainly seem confident that it all is. May I ask how you seem to be so positive on your position of each of these celebrities' hair situations? Do we have a Hollywood insider in our midst?

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by fresh:

Im new to the forum but if Robert clarifies it would be nice to see your progress.

Fresh,

Your questions on this matter will be answered here.

I am positive that you will agree that it is an unfortunate situation but our stance on the issue is firm. The situation will hopefully be resolved peacefully and soon so all parties involved can go back to the greater good: helping hair loss sufferers of the world with their afflictions.

-Robert

Not sure if I really have anything to add here except more gossip,but with that said. Being from Nashville I have friends in the Country music business and have been told by one of those friends when we were discussing my HT, that they saw Matt Lauer on TV talking about his HT surgery very openly. They also said that Tim Mcgraw has had some HT work done but I don't know who did either of them.