stem cell research is promising

Ive been doing alot of researching lately, and came to a conclusion that seems to me that stem cell research is probably the safest bet we have against hair loss.. anybody else agree?

im hoping for a day when all the doctor will say is "Here take this for a week and youll regrow X amount of hair, double the dose if you want to regrow twice as much as i showed you in my computer generated image"

Its kinda hard to beleive that we can put a man on the moon, put satelites in space, and heck make a human ear pop out of a mouse's back, but we cant seem to find the right formula to regrow hair, but they are coming very close.

I read that they began doing the testing on humans already, i cant wait.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, i'm a hard line republican social conservative, so i think that stem cell research is immoral and wrong, and a sick thing to do to fetuses. that's how i used to think until i read your post. now i think they should do it, and give me back my hair.

i'm just kidding though, i've never been against scr

• 4 years later...

In India these days, many clinic are advertising stem cell therapy with 100% result. I consider that to be a lie but to know for sure, is there any breakthrough in this field.

There is a clinic called 'touch' in hindi language advertising this same thing with 100% result and hair transplant free if is not successful, is it a indirect way of getting a client for hair transplant or it might actually be true ?

please comment

regards,

tuja

tuja

One HT:

2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha

• 2 weeks later...

"The breakthrough hair restoration technique dramatically multiplies the number of hair follicles in an area that has previously stopped growing hair".

Robert Niedbalski, D.O., hair transplant surgeon and medical director at Northwest Hair Restoration in Tacoma, WA, is now offering an advanced treatment for genetic hair loss. The breakthrough hair restoration technique dramatically multiplies the number of hair follicles in an area that has previously stopped growing hair.

Using FDA approved ACell wound healing powder MatriStem® MicroMatrix™ and an arterial blood serum combination, Dr. Niedbalski is able to activate stem cells present in scalp tissue and significantly increase the rate of hair re-growth.

This hair cloning technique was discovered by Dr. Gary Hitzig, a leading hair transplant researcher and surgeon. Dr. Hitzig discovered that MatriStem powder, when dissolved in an arterial blood serum rich in the patient’s own adult stem cells, could be injected into the donor area and top of scalp where hair is being transplanted.

The powder and blood serum combination acted like a hair growth accelerator and fertilizer by activating stem cells present in scalp tissues and motivated healing by duplicating normal tissue and hair follicles instead of forming a scar.

In collaboration with Dr. Hitzig, Dr. Niedbalski is the only hair restoration surgeon in the Pacific Northwest to offer this significant new treatment for hair loss.

“I’ve been following Dr. Hitzig’s research and work with ACell and have seen the impressive hair growth results that have resulted from using this blood serum combination,” said Dr. Niedbalski. “I am honored and excited to offer this new treatment to patients of Northwest Hair Restoration. Patients will not only experience significant hair re-growth in just six months, but the wound where donor hair is taken and transplanted will heal with little or no signs of a scar within a few weeks.

This is a notable difference from previous methods that required months for healing and produced more scarring.”

For more information about using ACell to treat hair loss, contact Dr. Niedbalski at (Promotional content removed by moderator. See Terms of Service)

About Northwest Hair Restoration

Founded by Robert Niedbalski, D.O., Northwest Hair Restoration provides individualized solutions to treat hair loss in men and women. In addition to hair transplant surgery, including eyebrow hair transplantation, the practice offers non-surgical medical treatments, such as Propecia and laser hair therapy.

Dr. Niedbalski is the only fellowship trained and a certified member of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgeons, Dr. Niedbalski has been a member of the ISHRS since 1993 where he has served in various leadership roles with the organization, including co-director of the Fellowship Training Program. For more information, visit (Link removed by moderator)

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Promotional content

"The new product, called Hair Stemulating Complex for Women, was developed using BRS' stem cell released molecules technology called S2RM Technology".

BioRegenerative Sciences, Inc., a privately owned stem cell therapeutics corporation headquartered in San Diego, CA, USA, announced today the release of BRS’s human hair regrowth product for women, called Hair Stemulating Complex for Women.

Clinical trials in men and women have shown significant hair growth within 4-6 weeks following the daily application of the stem cell-based formulation.

Dr. Greg Maguire, CEO of BioRegenerative Sciences, said “HSC is formulated using BRS’s core technology where the molecules from multiple stem cell types are used to mimic the natural healing and growth processes of the human body.

Our S2RM TechnologyTM nourishes the scalp’s stem cell niche where the hair and the hair’s pigmentation develop.”

Dr. Rita Friedman, a member of BRS’ Scientific Advisory Board, added “For the millions of men and women who struggle with their hair loss, the results of our HSC trial indicate the potential for a highly effective treatment option that stimulates growth of new hairs along with increasing the thickness of existing hairs, doing so with increased natural pigmentation of the hair.

BRS’ new product called HSC represents a non-invasive and effective shift from conventional treatment options to one that can promote the growth of new or dormant hairs using the body's own naturally occurring regenerative mechanisms.”

Of the over 87 million people in the United States who suffer from hair loss, estimates suggest that only 2-7% seek surgical or pharmacological treatment.

These data are true world-wide because of the lack of effective medical options for this widespread condition.

Hair Stemulating Complex from BioRegenerative Sciences is a new, non-invasive, and effective means for treating hair loss.

Launch of Hair Stemulating Complex for Men is expected 3rd quarter 2011.

(Link removed by moderator. Violated Terms of Service)

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Outside Link

This is what I asked a local clinic in Mumbai about their advertisement regarding their claim on stem cell therapy which they say is 100% successful otherwise they will do a free transplant !

Once you take Rs. 75000 (USD 1700), you can do whatever to that person...

here goes their replies against the queries, now please comment whether i should go for an appointment?

1.What will be the payment terms ? Can I pay as per the treatment progresses ?

50% advance balance in next 2 sessions

Can it be paid by credit card and also, can I pay session by session ?

Yes you can pay by Credit card. no session wise payment .

2. Will my money be refunded if the treatment doesnt show expected result as it is claimed as 100% guaranteed result?

If results do not come as discussed with our Doctors we do a free Hair Transplant

How many transplants have doctor performed before this ? How many patients have been treated with stem cell therapy and what is the success rate at sparsh clinic ?

Total 2000 odd Treatments Success rate is near 100% thats why we have Guaranteed results

3. Will the hair fall again or stay forever ?

Depends on your Maintainence

4. What are the post treatment expenses one has to bear ?

5-10 Rupees a day or none

What does this mean ?

The Cost of Medicines for Maintainence if any

5. Are there any references of a patient which you can provide me with ?

We do not expose patients as this is beyond Medical Ethics but assure you once you enroll you will meet many successfully treated patients

I THINK we Have answered most of the Crucial Questions & will be able to answer queries further on appointment.

This is puzzling no references out of 2000 patients...

regards,

tuja

tuja

One HT:

• 6 months later...

hi I am from mumbai,I have heard about teeth treatments in childern using stem cells in india as written by a leading indian newspaper.

If it would have bben possible in case of hair,there would have been lots of chaos.

but I also remember 'Aaj Tak' shwoing that 'sample hair' are taken and then they are 'duplicated'

I will start my research(?) on it,I doubt if it's true.

by the way,thanks Tuja and tell me where did you get this info from? through mails?

I am post-op 4 months and seeing new growth,quite optimistic about ti and not worried now,but if stem cell therapy is reality then I would love to have hair style like … Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh.

thank you.

The most telling thing about this thread titled "stem cells are promising" is that it was originally posted in 2006.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Tuja,

I have approached the same clinic which u r talking abt however dint get any satisfactory answers from Dr Rinki Jain..Do u have any latest update on ur exp with the same or any other clinic for the silimar procedure.

Hi bugskaran1..

I have again sent some mailers after that reply and also spoke to the doctor on phone, but was not satisfied with what they said.....I have not come across even a single person who know about this treatment at this clininc.....

I dont know if there is anything other than hair transplant as a possible solution to my problem....

Please do update if you try anything other than hair transplant and it works out...

tuja

One HT:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is what I asked a local clinic in Mumbai about their advertisement regarding their claim on stem cell therapy which they say is 100% successful otherwise they will do a free transplant !

Once you take Rs. 75000 (USD 1700), you can do whatever to that person...

here goes their replies against the queries, now please comment whether i should go for an appointment?

1.What will be the payment terms ? Can I pay as per the treatment progresses ?

50% advance balance in next 2 sessions

Can it be paid by credit card and also, can I pay session by session ?

Yes you can pay by Credit card. no session wise payment .

2. Will my money be refunded if the treatment doesnt show expected result as it is claimed as 100% guaranteed result?

If results do not come as discussed with our Doctors we do a free Hair Transplant

How many transplants have doctor performed before this ? How many patients have been treated with stem cell therapy and what is the success rate at sparsh clinic ?

Total 2000 odd Treatments Success rate is near 100% thats why we have Guaranteed results

3. Will the hair fall again or stay forever ?

Depends on your Maintainence

4. What are the post treatment expenses one has to bear ?

5-10 Rupees a day or none

What does this mean ?

The Cost of Medicines for Maintainence if any

5. Are there any references of a patient which you can provide me with ?

We do not expose patients as this is beyond Medical Ethics but assure you once you enroll you will meet many successfully treated patients

I THINK we Have answered most of the Crucial Questions & will be able to answer queries further on appointment.

This is puzzling no references out of 2000 patients...

regards,

tuja

Hi,

Have you decided on something yet, i spoke to Dr Nigam in Andheri they seem to be very helpful at least when they talk over the phone. They asked me to come over for detailed discussion. However they charge you 2,00,000 for Stem Cell hair transplant.

Its a big money and i have not heard of anyone who actually have gone through stem Cell.

Hi,

Have you decided on something yet, i spoke to Dr Nigam in Andheri they seem to be very helpful at least when they talk over the phone. They asked me to come over for detailed discussion. However they charge you 2,00,000 for Stem Cell hair transplant.

Its a big money and i have not heard of anyone who actually have gone through stem Cell.

200,000 what?

• 4 months later...
Hi,

Hi Sampats. Did you go for the stem cell hair transplant ?

The most telling thing about this thread titled "stem cells are promising" is that it was originally posted in 2006.

What do you think, science is like playing with toys?

• 6 months later...

Dear member, feel free to ask any query on stemcell hair multiplication...this dr vivek nigam...from worlds first commercial hair multiplication clinic at mumbai.

hi sampats. Did you go for the stem cell hair transplant ?

Dear member, feel free to ask any query on stemcell hair multiplication...this dr vivek nigam...from worlds first commercial hair multiplication clinic at mumbai.

Hello Doctor,

I have gone through your websites and I have a couple of questions regarding the Stem Cell procedure.

1. Once you have taken the initial follicles and grown them, how many times do you re-inject them in to the scalp? How many days between injections?

2. How much hair can one expect to regrow? (your various websites provide different information)

3. How would you rate this treatment against FUE/FUT?

4. Is there any down time/physical limitations after the treatment?

5. In terms of side effects, if any, what research is available?

Hi drnigam,

I wonder,

1-Do multiplied hairs evers fall out? Are they dht resistant?

2-Do multiplied hairs grow as thick as the native hair on the sides of head?

3-Why dont %70 of patients have no result ? Why doesnt your method work for some of the patients and work for the others?What's the reason for this?

4-Can you reverse a NW7 patient to NW1-2 with this method?

5-How many grafts can be implanted in one session or in multiple sessions?

6-Does this method damage existing follicles?

Thanks

Dear Thuja / Sampat,

I am not sure about the policy of this forum, if Bill-The Managing Publisher agrees I can put before after pictures and references of stem cell hair multiplication. I am not sure whether I can mention my website waiting for the response from the publishers. In the mean time please ask me informed questions regarding the technique, it safety, it approval status, doesn't it have money back guarantee on stamp paper, etc.

Apart from ultra refine high density FUE (with or without pen implant) and FUT (with strip removal in 3 stages in a day), Dr. Nigam's stem cell hair multiplication (as per my knowledge on internet we are the first to offer actual stem cell hair multiplication in a regenerative lab, Aderans the nearest competitor are too in a phase clinical trial in USA and Dr. Gho's is offer folicular duplication of donor area and not stem cell hair multiplication, refer ISHRS presentation of Dr. Gho wherein we multiply 300 to approx 60000 hair in world's first stem cell hair multiplication regenerative lab in Mumbai, India)

We also offer donor hair duplication technique, little different from Dr. Gho at 1/10th the price. Plus we offer upto 1500 graft free for density after 15 days of first hair transplant.

Best regards

Dr. Nigam

Hi,

Hi drnigam,

I wonder,

1-Do multiplied hairs evers fall out? Are they dht resistant?

2-Do multiplied hairs grow as thick as the native hair on the sides of head?

3-Why dont %70 of patients have no result ? Why doesnt your method work for some of the patients and work for the others?What's the reason for this?

4-Can you reverse a NW7 patient to NW1-2 with this method?

5-How many grafts can be implanted in one session or in multiple sessions?

6-Does this method damage existing follicles?

Thanks

Dear Capa,

1) Since the adult stem cells used for multiplication and differentiation into hair folllicles are extracted from hair follicles from the back of the head which are in most of the cases known to be resistant to DHT, hence chances of falling like in MPB are reduced as in traditional FUE/ FUT hair transplant.

2) Our experience till now show that multiplied hair grow as thick as normal native hair on the back and side of the scalp. In our Stem Cell Hair Multiplication experience, we have observed that clients not only get new hair follicles from the activated adult stem cells but also these activated adult stem cells play a major role in activating dormant telogen hair, vellus hair and this activation of existing follicle is much more promising at present. It is to be noted that latest observation among scientific peers even as per one of your hair restoration forum blogs is that "is MPB due to inactivation of adult stem cells in mid hair follicle bulge.

3) Approximately 50% patients have excellent results, 30% have average results and unfortunately at present 20% may not have any additional hair growth. I am in the process of getting world's first movable photon microscope from the only manufacturer in the world at Berlin from Germany (with the help of this microscope, we will be able to monitor directly on the scalp as in what happens to implanted, activated stem cells after they are injected into the human scalp), till then, as we are aware adult stem cell in the hair follicle can either be used to heal or regenerate skin, epidermis or activate dormant hair follicles or differentiate and become a hair organ i.e hair follicle. When we make pricks to inject stem cells into the scalp, some stem cells or in some unfortunate cases most of the stem cells may be utilised for healing the micro wounds created by injection pricks. Another observation in unsuccessful results is that it is not the activated adult stem cell hair follicle alone but the surrounding tissue with special messenger molecular communication with the stem cell activating WNT pathway also plays an important role in forming a new hair follicle. This nature's code is gradually getting deciphered/ decoded by the research scientists. We are trying to study how mother nature creates hair follicles in a fetus when first embryonic stem cell starts getting differentiated into a hair follicle from 4 weeks onwards and by 7th to 8th month of fetal age, total no. of hair follicles are finalised for full grown adult when he/she is the the mother's womb. On a new born scalp, there are vellus hair, gradually stem cells are activated and hair becomes thicker and as the stem cells become deactivated, hair again starts thinning and become vellus hair on a bald scalp like a new born. My theory is that we were chimpanzees in the jungles before, hence we needed hair for protection. Now we are in a concrete jungle where hair is not important for survival as physical protector( rather we need highly functioning brain to survive), Hence, the blood with nutrition is getting shunted from the scalp to the brain (as when the blood is shunted to the stomach and intestines from the brain after having food and you feel sleepy)

Gradually, the hair on the scalp like the body would become vestigeal and we are noticing younger and younger adults and now even kids having thinning of hair and becoming victims of MPB.

We have already created neo-papilla hair follicle in our regenerative lab but this would be available commercially only after completion of human clinical trials as per the regulatory compliance requirement. My prediction is baldness, cure upto 90% should be available commercially by 2017 by my team or any other fellow colleague or lab.

4) Yes, it is possible in approximately 50% cases that is 1 out of 2. He might haveto take 5-6 sessions of stem cell multiplication and we will use our donor doubling technique to minimise the no. of follicles required for the same.

5) A single hair follicle has approximately 150 stem cells located at multiple locations in a hair follicle. In lay man's language, when we get a cut on the skin, it is the resident stem cells of the skin which heals the cut and makes new skin. Similarly the cycle of hair follicle from thinning to falling and again coming back is majorly because of adult stem cells in the hair follicle. If we use 200 hair follicles, we can isolate 150 into 200 that is approximately 30000 stem cells. If we multiply them in 2 cycles, they will become 120000 stem cells. At present, we have observed in successful client results upto 40000-50000 new hair visibility secondary to stimulation of dormant telogen and vellus hair and others by new hair follicle formation. There are approximately 1000000 hair on an average on human scalp. I patients with average or poor results, we repeat this process 2-6 times and then the success rate improves further.

6) We have to extract at least 200-300 hair follicles(although beared hair is the best because it has got 2 DNA and it is much thicker and it has no damage to existing beard hair because we pluck only the 1 DNA that is a part of beard hair follicle) for getiing a good colony growth of stem cells.

Regards,

Dr. Nigam

Edited by drnigam