stem cell research is promising

Dear member,in one cycle of stemcell hair multiplication treatment, we reinject twice,once on day one and on day18th, depends on case to case.In 50% cases results are excellent, in 30% cases results are average and in 20% cases there is no result,in which case we need to repeat the procedure 2 to 6 times again.You can expect to grow 30000 to 50000 hair, if u fall in 50% success category.Stemcell hair multiplication is the future as far as MPB cure is concerned.As on today, when a client comes to us ,bottom line is ,he needs hair on his/her head...we start with SHM AND IN CASES WERE COMPLETE GROWTH IS NOT ACHIEVED, IN ONLY THOSE CASES WE TAKE SUPPORT OF ULTA REFINE FUE.We also use DOUBLING TECHNIQUE TO EXTRACT HAIR FOLLICLES TO SAVE THE GRAFTS.There is no downtime physical limitation, you can go to work after the treatment. Regarding safety issue,since we are using your own that is autologous stemcells not embryonic stemcells,and since we use non animal based growth factors(hence reduced risk of antigen reaction),practically no known side effect is reported but theoretically , basal cell carcinoma may be a possibility, only with time we can observe the incidence rate if any.We follow the US and Indian regulatory guidelines on stemcell research and therapy.Side effects, if any after approvals will be known only with time.

Hello Doctor,

I have gone through your websites and I have a couple of questions regarding the Stem Cell procedure.

1. Once you have taken the initial follicles and grown them, how many times do you re-inject them in to the scalp? How many days between injections?

2. How much hair can one expect to regrow? (your various websites provide different information)

3. How would you rate this treatment against FUE/FUT?

4. Is there any down time/physical limitations after the treatment?

5. In terms of side effects, if any, what research is available?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nape hair statement was used for lay man for general understanding, you are correct it is mostly the back of the head, wherever more thickness of the hair is greatest but our first choice is beard hair.

I will show you the pictures after six months since I have recently hired a professional photographer. I can post the fresh pictures of early result of stem cell of 1000-2000 hairs within 3 months of stem cell treatment. My before picture of Jan 2012 and with more than 20000 multiplied hair seen in Oct 2012 is available on my website.

Best regards

Dr. Nigam

Why nape hair, many people have thining nape, wouldnt it be wiser to use hair on the back of head or sides.

Can you show us cases where person regrew 30-50000 hairs, thats basically full head of hair

Dear member,in one cycle of stemcell hair multiplication treatment, we reinject twice,once on day one and on day18th, depends on case to case.In 50% cases results are excellent, in 30% cases results are average and in 20% cases there is no result,in which case we need to repeat the procedure 2 to 6 times again.You can expect to grow 30000 to 50000 hair, if u fall in 50% success category.Stemcell hair multiplication is the future as far as MPB cure is concerned.As on today, when a client comes to us ,bottom line is ,he needs hair on his/her head...we start with SHM AND IN CASES WERE COMPLETE GROWTH IS NOT ACHIEVED, IN ONLY THOSE CASES WE TAKE SUPPORT OF ULTA REFINE FUE.We also use DOUBLING TECHNIQUE TO EXTRACT HAIR FOLLICLES TO SAVE THE GRAFTS.There is no downtime physical limitation, you can go to work after the treatment. Regarding safety issue,since we are using your own that is autologous stemcells not embryonic stemcells,and since we use non animal based growth factors(hence reduced risk of antigen reaction),practically no known side effect is reported but theoretically , basal cell carcinoma may be a possibility, only with time we can observe the incidence rate if any.We follow the US and Indian regulatory guidelines on stemcell research and therapy.Side effects, if any after approvals will be known only with time.

Dear Dr. Nigam,

Two followup questions:

1. What is the reasoning behind injecting on Day 1?

2. The 30% who see average results, could you quantify this?

Regards

Dear member, good question...as u might be aware,as on today,we all are trying to understand the role of dermal papilla,germ cell,mid follicle bulge stem cells, the role of neuropeptides on stemcell, the role of wnt pathway to convert stem cell to progenitor active stemcells,the role of messenger molecular communication from stemcells to the sorrounding cells.....we all are trying to study how mother nature CREATES HAIR FOLLICLE FROM EMBRYONIC STEMCELLS IN A WOMB.With my first stage of SHM treatment, from approx. 100 hair follicles, i get approx. 15000 stemcell [which includes dp cells ,bulge stem cells and germ cells], than i activate them through multiple growth factors of non animal origin plus arterial prp with 250ml blood not just 10ml blood ,to get higher concentration of natural growth factors[i WOULD LOVE TO USE WNT PROTIENS FOR STMULATING STEMCELS TO PROGENITOR ACTIVE CELLS[which histogen is using in their hsc in clinical trials..waiting for their safety approval].....at this stage ,i do not multiply stem cells and this procedure is completed in 4 hours in lab.the advantage is that ,i do not expose these cells for more than 5hrs outside human scalp,and try to achieve the right combination of pieces required to stimulate resting hair follicles and or create new hair follicles[to our surprise we are seeing encouraging results within a month]...in the second stage[from 18th to 30thday] only difference is that we increase the number of cells by multiplication in lab and follow the same process....in the third stage which is in the clinical trial stage[not available to patients] we actually create differentiated hair follicle ,visible under microscope at approx. 2months]and inject into the scalp. for 30% who see avg. results may vary case to case with age and NW classification..will quantify in my next post...we repeat 2to 6 sessions with nominal cost to increase our success rate in these 30% patients .Its just the matter of safety issue and long time required fir clinical trial,otherwise the major breakthrough is not fare,It will come from asia, because the regulations are more cure friendly..and allows to first find a near real solution and than go for approval with clinical trials.

Dear Dr. Nigam,

Two followup questions:

1. What is the reasoning behind injecting on Day 1?

2. The 30% who see average results, could you quantify this?

Regards

Dear maverick,this side effect has not been reported till today,niether by our team, niether adrens trialsnor histogen american and panasian trials till now,nevertheless it cant be ruled out,only with time we will come to know.Even paracetamol has side effects.All of us have mutation detecting equipment in our labs, and any such potential sample is discarded hence we can scan and prevent the sideeffect to minimise any incidence.i am using your own adult stemcells hence the possibility of the side effect is negligible as opposed to those using embryonic stemcells or allogenic stemcells.E=maverickroolz1;2326711]Hello Dr.Nigam,

I am really concerned about the side effect ( basal cell carcinoma) which you have mentioned with this stem cell treatment. If that happens I would end up bald anyway due to treatments etc and more over it is life threatening.

Thank you for the reply. I am kinda convinced with your explanations on Stem cell treatment, gone though all the threads and your site as well. It is good to see you replying all the queries posted here on the forum. As a layman, I feel everything is explained clearly. I am from India and would like to under go stem cell treatment at your clinic.

An unwanted neoplastic process was my initial fear when I began researching a variety of stem cell treatments.

Where did the basal cell carcinoma findings come from?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

An unwanted neoplastic process was my initial fear when I began researching a variety of stem cell treatments.

Where did the basal cell carcinoma findings come from?

Since epithelial stem cells are thought to have a life span at least as long as the organism, they are thought to be susceptible to multiple genetic hits. (Perez-Losada and Balmain, 2003)

Till now no clinical trials has reported the same, neither have we. Even if the person does not have stem cell hair multiplication, it is the mutation of genes in resident epidermal stem cells and hair follicle stem cells are the ones which have the potential for tumorigenicity. Luckily, there is no increased incidence of the same after injecting multiplied stem cells as on today. That is the reason we do not multiply cells more than 2 cycles although great stem cell hair mutiplicationl result are possible when we multiply adult stem cells into millions. i have kept my stem cells for multiplication for next 3 months to become the study subject. Adult stem cells can differentiate only into hair follicles and can be utilized for healing of skin after a cut. Embryonic stem cells are pluripotent and can differentiate into any tissue , mezoderm ectoderm and endoderm. Embryonic stem cells are very active, thats why when an egg and a sperm meet, a whole human being is formed. Adult stem cells which we use are inactive already, myself, adreans and others are trying to activate them which in turn will activate dormant telogen follicles and will also differentiate into new hair follicles. Care has to be taken not to be over ambitious to use any technique which tries to over stimulate inactive adult stem cells in hair follicle which may lead to genetic mutation. Hence most of the GMP certified labs have anti mutation equipment through which the final multiplied hair sample is passed to discard any sample in which stem cell might have got a genetic or a mutation hit. We have a GMP certified lab with out clinic. Once few years pass without any incident reported then we can become slightly more aggressive. In developement of medical science we always have to balance between finding curative solutions with safety efficacy.

Regards,

Dr. Nigam.

Dr. Nigam,

Although pluripotent stem cells do represent a greater neoplastic risk, I still don't see why cancer couldn't arise from an adult stem cell source, especially if they are subjected to some type of multiplication process? I understand that the risk is less, but it's still a bit unnerving to realize that it is there.

Additionally, how do the multiplied cells pass a genetic screening? It seems like you would need to be able to completely sequence the DNA of a follicle, and then do some sort of FISH or microarray to compare the normal and allegedly mutated sequence?

It seems like you guys have a solid grasp on the complicated microbiology and genetic components involved, and it's nice to learn more about this process.

Really wish I could make a trip out there to see the lab/process!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

big_34.jpg

Pics are faked and fotoshopped, pay attention to the area in orange circle,

taken 2 months apart according to Dr but hairs are in exact same order,

its the same pic thats been editted OR taken minutes apart after they shaved him to make nw6 ..

Dear moopookoo, good skepticism,the guys pic ur mentioning,had shaved off his hair around vertex,where he had thinned hair,before getting injected with multiplied stemcells.That's why u see thick growth of hair in that area.Why don't u see myself on skype,and compare with my before pics of jan 2012 available on my website, I hope u will not hve photoshop skeptism possible on skype. wait for fresh photos of this and other patients ,let me see , how many r considered photoshopped, Regarding angles of side hair, please click ur own photos for next 4 days ,u will find atleast 1 pic with the same natural angle of hair ,especially on the back and side of scalp.

big_34.jpg

Pics are faked and fotoshopped, pay attention to the area in orange circle,

taken 2 months apart according to Dr but hairs are in exact same order,

its the same pic thats been editted OR taken minutes apart after they shaved him to make nw6 ..

Dr Nigam

This is one of the most respected hairloss websites so expect to be scrutinized,Can you please explain the photo above as its slightly confussing,it says photos were taken 2 months apart then you said something '4 days'..lets clarify

When was 'before' pic taken and when was 'after' pic taken, How many days/weeks/months are between them?

A3.jpg.6ef90ad77862ff833eecc6db1f5f6304.jpg

dr nigam

dear moopookoo,

kindly find attached dr. Nigam's, dr. Gerd lindner & dr. Roland lauster on my last visit berlin september 2012. It will be great for further progress on hair multiplication as we are in the discussion to work together in future in berlin and mumbai on stem cell hair multiplication and bio medical engineered neo papilla hair follicle formation and approval. Since this picture is not getting uploaded in hs forum, kindly post the same, since you are good in posting pics.

Regards,

dr. Nigam.

this is one of the most respected hairloss websites so expect to be scrutinized,can you please explain the photo above as its slightly confussing,it says photos were taken 2 months apart then you said something '4 days'..lets clarify

when was 'before' pic taken and when was 'after' pic taken, how many days/weeks/months are between them?

Unfortunately, it is obvious, somebody, maybe Dr. Nigam, has doctored every photo on his website.

His credibility is VERY VERY VERY low currently. It's going to take a lot of evidence to turn the situation around.

I hope the doctor understands that, at this point, there is nothing else we can say. He said he would post photos, and did. They ended up being all photoshopped photos.

very unfortunate.

I hope this can be turned around.

the picture of him with Dr. lauster is interesting, but hardly proof of anything.

the picture of the lab is interesting, but for all we know could be a pizza oven.

we need SERIOUS evidence. Preferably VIDEO evidence detailing before and after AND vaguely walking through the process.

PREFERABLY, a peer-reviewed paper in which the peer is a well respected person in the necessary discipline.

Until then, I am sorry to say, this is not proven-- AT ALL.

PLEASE doctor, I am begging you to prove yourself-- truly.

Unfortunately, it is obvious, somebody, maybe Dr. Nigam, has doctored every photo on his website.

His credibility is VERY VERY VERY low currently. It's going to take a lot of evidence to turn the situation around.

I hope the doctor understands that, at this point, there is nothing else we can say. He said he would post photos, and did. They ended up being all photoshopped photos.

very unfortunate.

I hope this can be turned around.

the picture of him with Dr. lauster is interesting, but hardly proof of anything.

the picture of the lab is interesting, but for all we know could be a pizza oven.

we need SERIOUS evidence. Preferably VIDEO evidence detailing before and after AND vaguely walking through the process.

PREFERABLY, a peer-reviewed paper in which the peer is a well respected person in the necessary discipline.

Until then, I am sorry to say, this is not proven-- AT ALL.

PLEASE doctor, I am begging you to prove yourself-- truly.

Dear,

Kindly find attached before after 1 month, after 2 months and after 5 months after pics of stemcell hair multiplication on NW6 Mr. Anil Lad, Mumbai, India. Patient is available for Skype interview and HS forum member is visiting me on 19th Dec. He will be visiting my Lab and will see multiplying of hair stemcells on microscope and will also meet before and after patient, Yes i acknowledge and apologies for my outsourced web developer, regarding the last pic, who has put these pics. Don't be a doubting Thomas, yes i accept mistake of my staff, I do not have so much time to look daily on my website, but since i have taken challenge on this forum, i will be spending more time on before after pics. I know what i do, but remember i may also do mistakes but trust me stemcell hair multiplication upto 50% results are already there for the world to see and i will prove this with photographs, scientific presentation and forum members visit on my clinic who will post as per their experience. Any positive development in hair multiplication is good for both consumers and doctors. And the pictures which are posted today is just showing early growth of Hair Follicles and in one and one half years, he should show good growth.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Dr. Nigam,

While I definitely want you to have adequate opportunity to respond to the criticism and skepticism on the boards, please keep in mind that sharing "before and after" images is something reserved for our recommended hair restoration physicians.

Dr. Nigam,

While I definitely want you to have adequate opportunity to respond to the criticism and skepticism on the boards, please keep in mind that sharing "before and after" images is something reserved for our recommended hair restoration physicians.

How is he suppossed to prove his stem cell HM if we dont allow him to post before/after images?

What about Histogen, Aderans and others, were they allowed to share pics?

It makes no sense as we can talk about stem cells for months but if dont see pics its waste of time in my opinion, even fake pics are better than no pics, they all say something about doc

Sure, blake..but can i mention about new photos posted on my site, as members are asking for photos.I need ur mail id,i am posting pics to bill on his mail. dr nigam

Dr. Nigam,

How is he suppossed to prove his stem cell HM if we dont allow him to post before/after images?

It makes no sense as we can talk about stem cells for months but if dont see pics its waste of time in my opinion, even fake pics are better than no pics, they all say something about doc

Moo,

I'm sorry you feel this way. Keep in mind that you are 100% welcome to Google Dr. Nigrams' name, visit his website, and review the images. However, we have strict policies when it comes to non-recommended surgeons sharing their hair restoration results. We don't let non-recommended hair transplant surgeons share their surgical results (as it's viewed as promotional), and this a very similar case with a few small details changed.

Also, no, we would not let a representative from Aderans or Histogen share promotional material on the boards. Please keep in mind that while this is interesting and we don't want to stifle progress, at the end of the day, it's an opportunity to promote a potential service or product on our boards that we have no reviewed and approved as appropriate and ethical.

Again, I apologize. If you'd like to discuss this further or if you would like me to discuss it with Bill and David (the other moderator), please send me a private message.

Thank you for understanding.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Sure, blake..but can i mention about new photos posted on my site, as members are asking for photos.I need ur mail id,i am posting pics to bill on his mail. dr nigam

Please send Bill (help@hairtransplantnetwork.com) and myself (support@hairtransplantnetwork.com) an email to discuss this further. I want to make sure we're allowing all questions and concerns to be addressed, but we need to make sure the boards aren't serving as a place for unregulated promotion.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dear Moopookoo,

Kindly post or inform on my behalf if possible that I'll be answering questions back on HS Forum from 11th Dec becoz of some technical problem of 'login' on HS. I also got an email from Winston, the moderator of 'baldtruth' asking for my skype id and no. as Spencer wants to talk to me directly. Thanks and Regards,

Dr.Nigam