stem cell research is promising

Dear

I believe if Bill and Blake invite tissue engineers, biotechnologist and other doctors who are working on stem cell hair multiplication or cellular regeneration.

There could be an international break through into cellular hair regeneration. I am providing through my clinic in Mumbai is stem cell hair multiplication from my regenerative lab. Since Aderans did its phase one safety trial in UK under its parent company Intercytix. This safety approval in UK was carried forward to phase two trials which is presently being conducted in the USA. Similarly Aderans and histogen phase one clinical trial for safety efficacy from US FDA. And these safety efficacy documents are accepted by Indian regulatory authorities. So we are absolutely ethical and legal with a special consent form with our in-house regenerative lab to offer hair multiplication to our patients. Only thing is we have to be careful about percentage success claim. Propecia and minoxidil were able to increase to increase hair density by 13 hairs per sq cm. This was the criteria by US FDA to clear their claim of their role in hair re-growth. Aderans, histogen and Dr. Nigam are waiting may be 2 years from now to get the claim approval. All 3 of us may differ little bit in their laboratory processing approach. Aderans and Dr. Nigam use autologous stem cell and serum free growth factors. Both of us do not plan to come up with a product. Hence our stem cell is not labelled as a drug. While histogen is coming up with stem cell hair based product called HSC. Histogen is most probably into allogenic stem cell. Since we are going to offer process under monitoring of doctors and GMP certified lab, the regulation for us will be much lighter and cure friendly especially after the clearance of safety. That is how we could become the first stem cell hair multiplication clinic in the world in 2012 in Mumbai. Of course it’s still a long way to increase the success rate further. The moment histogen gets WNT protein safety approval; my process is complete only legally i am waiting to offer the same through my clinic. Next year July- August I'll be publishing my papers.

Regards,

Dr. Nigam.

Dr. Nigam, I look forward to your postings. I'm very interested in this and may contact you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with moopookoo. Spencer Kobren is the most influenced person when it comes to future hair loss treatments. He had an interview with Dr. Gho about hair mulitplation and with Dr. Ziering about Histogen last month. You can call on his Tuesday show at 8 PM EST to 10 PM ESTwhich is Wednesday 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM in India time. Try to give a call to introduce your technology and clarify things. The number is +18886593727 :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I agree with blake, big claims need big evidence, unfortunately dr. Nigam failed with that so far.

This has nothing to do with race. Dr. Nigam first claims that his doubling technique is 20% better than gho and then he said that he only been doing that for 2 months ??? Really?? so how did he know that his technique is 20% better than gho's hst ?

No peer review papers, fake pictures that were photoshoped and when forum members found out about them he admitted and claimed that it was the mistake of his web developer!!!!

He claims to do HM (which is the cure of baldness) yet in his website he offers FUE, FUT, FUE DOUBLING (hst), Artificial hair, Stem cell activation, aside with Hair multiplication....

We all want to beleive him but things don't look good at all so far

Many ppl still doubt dr. Gho with all the evidence he provided such as peer review papers, winning lawsuits that been filed against him by some doctors in Europe, well documented online cases (such as gc83uk), cases on well known celebrities where everybody can see their results (such as dean saunders, Wesley snijder, and gerard joling), and his long history in the field of HTs.

Even though dr. Nigam claims are way bigger than Gho. Gho only claims regeneration while dr. Nigam claims hair multiplication that can provide thousands and thousands of grafts.

So how do you expect ppl to just believe him ?

Moopookoo,winstor had not received my last mail with my skype id.Sent him again the day before,as spencer wanted to speak directly,will update u on that,will post more pics,we have started calling HM patients for follow up and updating our records. approx. 500 patients underwent HM this year. . u should have an interview with Spencer, just like dr Gho did, it will spread awareness abt HM

How many patiens have been treated with HM by now?I imagine you keep records of people who had procedure

Thanx ,Hariri, i recieved an email from the ofice of SPENCER,he wanted to speak to me directly and asked for my skype id,which has been provided to him the day before.I saw ur pics on ur thread,keep updated about the progress. regards dr .nigam.

I agree with moopookoo. Spencer Kobren is the most influenced person when it comes to future hair loss treatments. He had an interview with Dr. Gho about hair mulitplation and with Dr. Ziering about Histogen last month. You can call on his Tuesday show at 8 PM EST to 10 PM ESTwhich is Wednesday 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM in India time. Try to give a call to introduce your technology and clarify things. The number is +18886593727 :-)

We are utilizing A cell and PRP platelet rich plasma in our office as well. in theory both these products have extracellular matrix proteins and other factors that we would like and hope stimulate regrowth of hari follicles. Doctors have presented case studies to suggest this mechanism of actiion. I am a firm believer tht this combination does present hope to stimulate regrowth of hair follicles which is why we are of offering this treatment. However, we are not exactly sure on the exact mechanism of action. I am very straight forward with my patients and suggest the possibility of stem cell stimulation.As of this date, I do not have any direct evidence that it in fact does stimulate stem cells to duplicate or regrow in human hair. If this were the case it would be widely publicized on the ACell company website. They can only state the obvious facts which is extracellular support for wound healing and tissue regeneration. We will hopefully have more data as our studies progress. Stem cell is an excellent marketing buzzword , we are seeing stem cell facelifts, stem cell peels, skin care products with stem cells to look younger. I do think we are closer and these products may hold the key. More research is needed. But I would like to see the study or evidence that directly proves any of these products cause duplication or cloning of hair follicles in Vivo before I tell my patients that it definitely does do so. But in the meantime, I suggest it might and our treatments will help validate what is being said. Hopefully by next year we will have more data from myself and Dr Niebalski, an excellent surgeon, and others that definitely proves these points.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Aim,

Like I said earlier, I personally see more realistic promise in "donor doubling" procedures. Altogether, I think the research is there (there are papers dating as early as 1990 describing the role of bulge stem cells, and studies are early as 1998 demonstrating the splitting technique), the safety and regulation issues will be much less (I know others may think it's silly, but the potential for basal cell carcinoma and melanoma with injecting modified, replicated hair follicles makes me uneasy), and the promise is great. Altogether, I do think there is work to be done, but I'm excited about the prospect of universal donor supply procedures.

Having said all that, I still don't recommend that individuals delay effective current treatments in light of potential new breakthroughs :D

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

aim4hair,

I understand, this is what I am required to do...

1) More and more before/after pics and video with markings on areas of HM with 1 year follow up.

2) Scientific presentation of published or unpublished data in a peer review journal or congress.

3) Safety approval of HM process.

4) Claim approval from the regulatory body.

Regarding Pt. 1, the process of pics which can be considered evidence on internet communication or scientific presentation has already been started, but I hope you are aware, it will take 6 months to 1 year for 'after results.' I will be posting monthly pics with follow up.

Scientific presentation will be done definitely mid-2013. Since Aderans has already got approval from FDA for the safety of HM process, I hope you understand that is what first phase of clinical trial is all about. Documents of US FDA safety trials of phase 1 are accepted by my country's regulating authorities, subject to this HM process or stem cell is not marketed as drug wherein even if Aderans or me will have to again go through Phase 1 clinical trial for safety in India.

Regarding the claim of efficacy of HM process, Aderans will be the first to get it from US FDA by 2015 or 2017 after the end of their Phase 3 clinical trial, if they are able to grow 13 hair follicles per sq.cm after HM injections on the scalp.

Till this above happens I or anybody else will be highly scrutinised, doubted and bashed by sceptics and uninformed individuals. I DON'T MIND ! Its a normal process if you look at any new development on HT. It took 10 yrs for people to shift from FUT to FUE, that too FUE has replaced approximately 40% of FUT across the globe. It took FUT to replace traditional hair-plug transplant procedures again 10 yrs. When I said my TECHNIQUE ( not the documented results which will be out in 6 months) are better than Dr.Gho's donor doubling, kindly go through the points below and experts are free to debate and form their opinions...

1) Dr.Gho uses triple wave 0.5 - 0.6 mm diameter punch to longitudinally bisect a follicular unit BLINDLY directly from the patient's donor and implants the partiial follicular unit into the recipient area. In my technique which is based on many research papers with documented findings, we first remove the follicle or follicular unit from the donor area of the scalp and under magnification (not blindly) bisect the follicular unit just below the mid-follicular false stem-cells. We precisely identify the hair morphometry by staining the follicular units with Eosin, Haemotoxylim etc. One more advantage is that, I can either use 2 partial follicular units in donor or recipient or both in recipient as per the requirement of patients scalp. And, of course donor doubling of beard hair or body hair, both the partial follicles are implanted in the recipient.

2) As you can understand, both the partial follicular units will be defecient in those stem cells which are presented in either follicular unit of each bisected part. We combine our donor doubling technique with the help of our lab by stem cell activation that is, we send few complete follicular units from the donor to our stem cell lab wherein we do isolation and activation of stem cells from mid-follicular bulge, outer root sheath, dermal papilla and matrix. At the end of the doubling procedure on the same day evening, we inject onto the area where both these bisected partial follicular units were implanted, hence we are supplying these bisected partial follicular units which were missing with the activated stem cells after bisection. Hence the quality of hair and the yield should be better as I am seeing the encouraging early results. You have wrongly quoted me, I have been working on this technique since last six months on my regular FUE patients with their consent for 50 grafts but since last 2 month, I am offering full transplant with my donor-doubling without any fees and I hope after 4 months, if results are as expected, I would be charging my fees and promoting it.

How can I stop offering traditional FUE if' 1) The patient insists... 2) In areas of scalp where there is no result of HM... 3) What do I offer for alopecia totallis, scarring alopecia, on FUE and FUT visible old scar marks or bad hair transplant marks due to HT done somewhere else or multiple scars due to multiple FUTS. Also, what do I offer for Lichen Planus, Broque and other Auto-immune diseases, burnt scalp etc.

Of course after 3 months testing of test dose to rule out any reaction to biofibre, I find no harm if the patient desires to offer biofibre in these specific cases after fully explaining the pros and cons for the same.

The Kite of Success Rises against the Wind. More the scepticism, more the scrutiny and more the bashing inspires me further to take up the challenge. Why cant we just forget 'Dr.Nigam's hair multiplication' and focus on the 'hair multiplication' technique whether it is Dr.Nigam's or Aderans or HIstogen and see their early results. I am the only one among the three talking about confidential processes and interventions happening inside my cellular hair regeneration G.M.P certified Lab. For your kind information, Dr.Gho visited Mumbai for a joint partnership with my Dermat. friend, stayed in Taj Lands, Mumbai and this friend of mine, Dr.Anjali has also one on one seen Dr.Gho's doubling at his Amsterdam Clinic. Dr.Gho does not have any regenerative lab and neither stem cell isolation or activation of Stem Cell is legal in Europe. Also European Stem Cell Regulating body does not accept U.S F.D.A clinical trial approvals, all of us will have to do it again in Europe.

The preservation medium used by Dr.Gho which lot of surgeons are thinking as 'magical juice' is nothing related to Stem Cell isolation or activation, hence Dr.Gho's technique cannot be called Stem Cell multiplication but 'Donor Doubling'. Do not confuse my 'hair multiplication' with my donor doubling with Stem Cell Activation.

I partially agree with Blake that Donor Doubling with Stem Cell Activation, the documented findings for the same I'll provide in next six months could be an interesting break-through with HM.

Regards,

Dr.Nigam

I agree with blake, big claims need big evidence, unfortunately dr. Nigam failed with that so far.

This has nothing to do with race. Dr. Nigam first claims that his doubling technique is 20% better than gho and then he said that he only been doing that for 2 months ??? Really?? so how did he know that his technique is 20% better than gho's hst ?

No peer review papers, fake pictures that were photoshoped and when forum members found out about them he admitted and claimed that it was the mistake of his web developer!!!!

He claims to do HM (which is the cure of baldness) yet in his website he offers FUE, FUT, FUE DOUBLING (hst), Artificial hair, Stem cell activation, aside with Hair multiplication....

We all want to beleive him but things don't look good at all so far

Many ppl still doubt dr. Gho with all the evidence he provided such as peer review papers, winning lawsuits that been filed against him by some doctors in Europe, well documented online cases (such as gc83uk), cases on well known celebrities where everybody can see their results (such as dean saunders, Wesley snijder, and gerard joling), and his long history in the field of HTs.

Even though dr. Nigam claims are way bigger than Gho. Gho only claims regeneration while dr. Nigam claims hair multiplication that can provide thousands and thousands of grafts.

So how do you expect ppl to just believe him ?

Edited by drnigam

This is a knockout reply from Dr. Nigam. I wish you all the best and success in this Doc. Donor is the biggest dilemma for HT poor and wealthy patients. Money cant buy donor hair. I hope soon it will. I'm really happy to hear that you and Dr.Gho are going into a joint partnership. The same case happened with FUE, All top strip surgeons brutally attacked Dr. W from Australia who invented this technique and Spencer Kobren suffered so much in introducing it to the west until they slowly accepted it and now they are making loads of money from it. Screw FDA, what if I told you that Histogen will be available in Asia before western countries as many other companies like Merck will lose sales.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks for your wishes Hariri. I only expect moderators of the forum to invite more experts of tissue engineering, Aderans, Histogen, Roland Lauster, Girdner, Tsuji team of Japan, Dr.Bernstien, Dr.Gho etc. This is because, members of different forums and very well informed about FUT and FUE and little about donor doubling. But to speak about Stem Cell Hair Multiplication, different types of Stem Cells in hair follicle, their isolation, activation techniques, molecular communication and signalling between dermal papilla, germ cells, stem cells and surrounding tissue can only be discussed with people having knowledge in tissue engineering and biotech with no offence to members. Except few, most of the hair transplant surgeons are not fully versed with cellular hair regeneration. The business of hair restoration will be shifted to regenerative labs and corporates and wealthy doctors can only afford these labs. I travel across the globe every month. I may have a collaboration with the leading regenerative labs in the next 6 months to take my HM to the next level.

Regards,

Dr.Nigam

This is a knockout reply from Dr. Nigam. I wish you all the best and success in this Doc. Donor is the biggest dilemma for HT poor and wealthy patients. Money cant buy donor hair. I hope soon it will. I'm really happy to hear that you and Dr.Gho are going into a joint partnership. Screw FDA, what if I told you that Histogen will be available in Asia before western countries as many other companies like Merck will lose sales.

. I'm really happy to hear that you and Dr.Gho are going into a joint partnership.

Did I misread Dr. Nigam's statement, or did he say Dr. Gho met with and is considering a partnership with his Dermatologist friend, not Dr. Nigam himself?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Let me clear blake,dr gho met with dr anjali in india ,who is now working for me,she told me abut dr gho ,as she had visited his clinic at amsterdum,and dr gho also visited her in mumbai,But, nothing worked out between them.I have never met or interacted with dr gho .

Did I misread Dr. Nigam's statement, or did he say Dr. Gho met with and is considering a partnership with his Dermatologist friend, not Dr. Nigam himself?

Let me clear blake,dr gho met with dr anjali in india ,who is now working for me,she told me abut dr gho ,as she had visited his clinic at amsterdum,and dr gho also visited her in mumbai,But, nothing worked out between them.I have never met or interacted with dr gho .

Thank you for clarifying.

• 1 month later...

Hello Dr nigam.

Thank for giving such knockout replies to every question you went through.

After reading your comments I have a doubt about any regulation imposed by india on this type of stem cell therapy. Are there any?

Makk,

Autologous stemcell research and therapy which is not marketed as a drug,require independent institutional committe on stemcell and apex body on stemcell research registration and approval which we already have.

If anyone wants to do allogenic or use autologous stemcell as drug to market, same clinical trials as required by FDA usa are required by indian regulatory authorities.

Hello Dr nigam.

After reading your comments I have a doubt about any regulation imposed by india on this type of stem cell therapy. Are there any?

Makk,

Autologous stemcell research and therapy which is not marketed as a drug,require independent institutional committee on stemcell and apex body on stemcell research registration and approval which we already have.

If anyone wants to do allogenic or use autologous stemcell as drug to market, same clinical trials as required by FDA usa are required by indian regulatory authorities.

Hello Dr nigam.

Dear Pradeep,there are many patients of exclusive HAIR MULTIPLICATION, you can have alook at mr verma,mr pradeep asgaonkar on before after pics on my site.I cannot post the same on the forum as it may considered promotion.You can send your email id ,i will also mail you the telephone numbers of few patients with their pics.My mail id is dr.rahul1970@gmail.com

QUOTE=pradeepkr;2333823]Dr. Nigam ...Is there any patient of yours who is 100% HM (no FUE, no FUT etc.) and 6 months post op?

I would love to see his pics.

well, i'm a hard line republican social conservative, so i think that stem cell research is immoral and wrong, and a sick thing to do to fetuses. that's how i used to think until i read your post. now i think they should do it, and give me back my hair.

i'm just kidding though, i've never been against scr

I know you are kidding around but actually, stem cells can be derived from our own bodies now. Fetuses are not necessary, for the record.

Dear

I believe if Bill and Blake invite tissue engineers, biotechnologist and other doctors who are working on stem cell hair multiplication or cellular regeneration.

There could be an international break through into cellular hair regeneration. I am providing through my clinic in Mumbai is stem cell hair multiplication from my regenerative lab. Since Aderans did its phase one safety trial in UK under its parent company Intercytix. This safety approval in UK was carried forward to phase two trials which is presently being conducted in the USA. Similarly Aderans and histogen phase one clinical trial for safety efficacy from US FDA. And these safety efficacy documents are accepted by Indian regulatory authorities. So we are absolutely ethical and legal with a special consent form with our in-house regenerative lab to offer hair multiplication to our patients. Only thing is we have to be careful about percentage success claim. Propecia and minoxidil were able to increase to increase hair density by 13 hairs per sq cm. This was the criteria by US FDA to clear their claim of their role in hair re-growth. Aderans, histogen and Dr. Nigam are waiting may be 2 years from now to get the claim approval. All 3 of us may differ little bit in their laboratory processing approach. Aderans and Dr. Nigam use autologous stem cell and serum free growth factors. Both of us do not plan to come up with a product. Hence our stem cell is not labelled as a drug. While histogen is coming up with stem cell hair based product called HSC. Histogen is most probably into allogenic stem cell. Since we are going to offer process under monitoring of doctors and GMP certified lab, the regulation for us will be much lighter and cure friendly especially after the clearance of safety. That is how we could become the first stem cell hair multiplication clinic in the world in 2012 in Mumbai. Of course it’s still a long way to increase the success rate further. The moment histogen gets WNT protein safety approval; my process is complete only legally i am waiting to offer the same through my clinic. Next year July- August I'll be publishing my papers.

Regards,

Dr. Nigam.

Fascinating - thanks for positng.

Dear Pradeep,there are many patients of exclusive HAIR MULTIPLICATION, you can have alook at mr verma,mr pradeep asgaonkar on before after pics on my site.I cannot post the same on the forum as it may considered promotion.You can send your email id ,i will also mail you the telephone numbers of few patients with their pics.My mail id is dr.rahul1970@gmail.com

QUOTE=pradeepkr;2333823]Dr. Nigam ...Is there any patient of yours who is 100% HM (no FUE, no FUT etc.) and 6 months post op?

I would love to see his pics.

Hello Dr Nigam,

i have sent my e-mail ID. I would love to see the pics.