doc Jerry Shapiro

hi im looking for info about doc jerry shapiro hair restoration clinic in vancouver british columbia canada.

is there anyone got transplant by him?

i was suggested by my dermatolost to consider 2 surgenons as the best: doc Nusbaum in miami e jerry shapiro.

she told me that canada is the right place to have a state of art trasplant session .

please give me information tanks a lot

Guest josh - b

Hi philo,

I'm not sure about the recommendations you were given.

Dr Nusbaum i know very little about but he is a coalition member so he should be a quality physcian.

Dr jerry shapiro i'd never previously heard of.

I found his clinics website (there appears to be a few unknown docs operating under the clinics banner) and i really would urge u to avoid this clinic.

The couple of pics posted are very unimpressive and they use multibladed scalpels which is a quicker way of cutting the donor strip but which also results in a far greater transcision rate than a single blade which all the leading docs use.

if you're looking for a shapiro doc then i would suggest dr ron shapiro, if you're looking for a vancouver doc then i would suggest dr's hasson and wong.

All 3 are amongst the worlds finest.

thanks a lot. i want to tell u this im from italy and i have decided to have my second session abroad i cant miss the results!.

r. shapiro h &w also are best known in italy hair restoration forum.but i'd like not to disattend the adivice my dermatologist very expertice gave me. i want to rimind u Jerry Shapiro is one of the best prof dermatologist in the world focusing on hair disorders. who gave me this suggestion, believe me, is not envolved in commercial partnership with nusbaum and shapiro.

by

i think she was very honest.

Pilo,

Possibly she got the name wrong--it should be Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis. Why come on here if you don't want to listen to us? Trust me, Ron Shapiro, Hasson and Wong in Vancouver, Dr. Rahal in Ottawa, Dr. Feller in New York, Dr. Alexander in Phoenix. There are others but go with a sure thing.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by Pilo:

thanks a lot. i want to tell u this im from italy and i have decided to have my second session abroad i cant miss the results!.

r. shapiro h &w also are best known in italy hair restoration forum.but i'd like not to disattend the adivice my dermatologist very expertice gave me. i want to rimind u Jerry Shapiro is one of the best prof dermatologist in the world focusing on hair disorders. who gave me this suggestion, believe me, is not envolved in commercial partnership with nusbaum and shapiro.

by

i think she was very honest.

Pilo,

Sometimes honest people don't necessarily know the best. My friend and electrician gave me a referral of this hvac man to work on my pool heater. Turns out, he blew my transformer and replaced it with one that apparantly was the wrong size.

Luckily, I was under warranty and after they made three trips out and replaced dang near everything, they noticed he'd put the wrong size transformer on the thing.

I'm sure my electrician had my best interests in mind, but I should have listened to the people who work with these heaters every day - instead of someone local.

Maybe that makes sense.....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Never heard of a Shapiro in Canada. Yuo want the best in Canada go to Hasson and Wong. otherwise you're taking a very long expensive trip to gamble with your hair. Not a good idea. And being a dermatologist doesn't make anyone an expert on hair tranpsplant surgery.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Pilo,

Welcome to our community forum.

Whereas I don't know much about Dr. Jerry Shapiro, I agree with the others that if you are seeking elite physicians in Vancouver, Canada, Hasson and Wong would be an excellent choice. Click here to see Pat's (our online hair transplant community publisher) detailed review and visitation of Hasson and Wong. You can also read my personal experience with Dr. Hasson for my third hair transplant by clicking here.

If you are looking for a "Shapiro" to do your hair transplant, you can't go wrong with Dr. Ron Shapiro who is also also a big name in the industry for performing state of the art hair transplantation and is located in Minnesota. Click here to see Pat's review and personal experience with Dr. Ron Shapiro. Dr. Paul Shapiro (Ron's brother) is a bit lesser known since he is newer but has also been producing high quality results in his patients.

Bill

I`ve had a look at this docs website and it appears that it is a dr Zloty who does the hair transplants.

In his description of their work he states they do mini and micro grafts and no mention of the latest techniques so imo i would not go there.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Originally posted by Pilo:

ok Bill thanks for info. so i should avoide jerry shapiro but u recomand me nusbaum too?

I'm not a spokesperson for this site, but I'd go to Dr. Jerry Shapiro if I needed some skin work, or a mole removed.

However, no way I'd drive past Hassan & Wong in Vancouver - two of the world's best, to go anywhere else.

That's a long way from me (Georgia), but I considered them strongly.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Pilo,

Dr. Nusbaum is also an elite member of the Coalition and is certainly a great consideration. Our Publisher, Pat Hennessey has also visited and reviewed his clinic as well. Click here to see the details.

Keep in mind that Dr. Nusbaum is in Florida. If location isn't important to you (which I agree it shouldn't be), this opens the door to many great physicians. Do plenty of research and look for patient posted results with photos. What you can't find online, be sure to do offline but asking physicians for a list of patients to contact, view photos, and potentially meet with.

Best wishes,

Bill

pilo, here's a list of some of the top ht docs in the world:

Hasson and Wong (Canada)

Rahal (Canada)

Feller (New York)

Shapiro (Minnessota)

Alexander (Arizona)

There are other docs out there, but I think most people on this forum would agree you will get a fantastic HT from any one of these docs. They are the only docs I would consider going to. Best of luck....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...

I would like to point out that I believe the posters referring to "Shapiro" are referring to Dr. RON Shapiro.

SMG is in no way associated with Dr. Jerry Shapiro.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I have heard of Jerry Shapiro he is a world known dermotologist in Vancouver that works for the UBC hair transplant clinic I believe. As a dermotologist I have heard nothing but good things about him as for hair transplants I will keep that to myself.

All I will say that in my opinion if you are unable to offer that patient his best options and best results knowing fully well that there is one of the world best clinics 10 minutes that can. What are you doing even offering hair transplants..............

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 3 years later...

Another autoimmune Dr suggested I see Dr Shapiro - I did a search on line to see what other patients thought of him. After reading those comments I almost did not go to see him. Today (1/26/2012) I had my first visit with Dr Shapiro and found him to be caring, thoughtful, precise in his explanations and suggestions, understanding of my situation. I am so glad that I decided to play on my instincts thinking that more often then not disgruntled individuals will leave negative feedback than those who are satisfied leaving positive comments. I was so happy with my visit with Dr shapiro that I felt compelled to leave this short explanation. If you are thinking about seeing Dr Shaprio for alopecia do yourself a favor and make the appointment. It is not inexpensive but in my opinion it is worth it. I'm not sure if following his suggestion will work and he was honest about telling me that but I feel seeing him was worth every penny. MBL

I think maybe this is in the wrong section. Dr. Jerry Shapiro is a world class demotolgist that has his office in Vancouver BC. Many doctors around the world recommend Dr. Jerry Shapiro to their patients. I have had people as far as Italy get a hold of me to ask me about him. People from Vancouver are lucky because they have a world class dermotologist in him as well as a world class hair transplantation with Hasson and Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

• 11 months later...

Hi there,

I recently had a consultation with Jerry Shapiro at the Hair Transplant Centre in Vancouver, BC and was hoping to hear from some actual patients of his regarding their hair transplant experience. Clearly, Hassan & Wong are the top choice in Vancouver, BC (where I live), but is there anyone out there that has had a transplant with Dr. Jerry Shapiro?? His Centre has been in Vancouver since 1986, so he must have a tons of experience. If you could share your experience that would be great!!!

Thanks!

PS

The one and only drawback I see with Hassan & Wong is the fact that you need to shave the entire top of your head for the surgery. I simply can't afford to look that way for several weeks post-op. On the other hand, Jerry Shapiro is fine with you keeping your hair for the procedure. I completely understand H&W reasoning behind shaving the top, but again, it's a big drawback for me, and I'm sure for others.

I'd honestly just save your time and go to H&W.

It'd be like refusing a date with Anne Hathaway in her catsuit because there was a girl you'd heard of who wears catsuits and just happens to have the last name Hathaway, but is probably fat and ugly.

Why risk? You know Anne is amazing, so go with her.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Grenole welcome to the forum. Great to find another person living in Vancouver. Dr. Jerry Shapiro is world know dermatologist. I am not going to talk say to much about his hair transplants but you have done the right thing researching before making this important decision.

Having a hair transplant is an important decision and since its your appearance is affected making the right decision is crucial.

From my experience the reason why a doctor dont shave your head is.

1) The area has very few hair

2) The density will not be high

3) Doctor is not concened with transecting existing hair.

4) The clinic will do what it takes to book you a surgery.

Of course there are always special cases but mostly this is my experience. If you are willling to take a chance because of a few weeks of shaving head that your choice and I wish you the best. In fact you have to shave your entire top of your head then your hair loss is big therefore you will probaly need a bigger session. Very few clinics in the world are able to do bigger session in one time therefore eliminating the reasons for having multiple session in order to have a desired density and appearance.

Losing your hair is natural having a subpar transplant is not. Good luck on your search.