what do hotel staff react like to ht patients staying in there hotels

ive always been wandering if any of the patients that stop in hotels to recover after a ht have been asked questions. For example out of town overseas patients will have to stop in an hotel post op for a while before they fly home so what do the cleaners/chambermaids etc say when they come to change sheets etc and what do the rest of the hotel staff react like. Has anyone had any uncomfortable experiences? this scares the shit out of me as when i had my first ht i went straight home in my car and hid for a couple of weeks this must be near on impossible if you are stopping in someone elses hotel. thanks any input advice etc greatly recieved bullit!!!!ps surely the hotels arent going to like it if their crisps white bed sheets keep getting small amounts of blood,scabs etc on them.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

ive always been wandering if any of the patients that stop in hotels to recover after a ht have been asked questions. For example out of town overseas patients will have to stop in an hotel post op for a while before they fly home so what do the cleaners/chambermaids etc say when they come to change sheets etc and what do the rest of the hotel staff react like. Has anyone had any uncomfortable experiences? this scares the shit out of me as when i had my first ht i went straight home in my car and hid for a couple of weeks this must be near on impossible if you are stopping in someone elses hotel. thanks any input advice etc greatly recieved bullit!!!!ps surely the hotels arent going to like it if their crisps white bed sheets keep getting small amounts of blood,scabs etc on them.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

original thread

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

Bullitnut

I stayed at the David in Great Neck after my op with Dr Feller in June, and no one batted an eyelid when i appeared with a swollen head!! they are probably used to foreign patients, as this was a hotel recomended by the doc!!

All the best

Clive.

I wore a cap after my HT when in public. Even when receiving room service. H&W supplied a pillow protector while I stayed in the hotel.

I only stayed in Vancouver for 2 days after my HT so I was home to hide when my face swelled up day 5 to 7.

Usually your HT doc will have a deal with a local hotel so they know why you are there.

No-one gave me a 2nd look. Even if they did I don't think I'd care. Just think of the return of your hairline icon_smile.gif

I came back and stayed a second night in the hotel, and actually had to go up to the front desk for something the evening post op. I had the large blue hat and saran wrap on my head. If any of them knew why I was there, they gave no indication.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

bullitnut,

What a terrific question.

In my experience (for my third surgery with Dr. Hasson since it was the only time I stayed in a hotel overnight for a hair transplant), I told the people at the front desk why I was there, and they were very fascinated. I even showed them my head after surgery and they couldn't believe that it was going to turn into a decent head of hair. Interestingly enough, one of the guys at the desk was balding and commented on considering it for himself.

Everyone I've told to date has been not only very supportive but very fascinated by this process. Perhaps people aren't as judgmental as we often fear they will be icon_smile.gif

Bill

I wore the lightweight blue surgical caps my doctor gave me. 1 guy in an elevator asked me if I was a doctor. I was in another country where nobody knew me so I actually got a kick out of not caring what people thought in regards to how I looked icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

thanks guys for all your positive and encouraging replies thinking about it on a larger scale ive decided to just think fuxx it nobody will even know me and i wont see them again anyway i like the nosebleed and being a doctor ideas though cheers guys regards bullit icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

original thread

Dr Ron's procedure

• 2 weeks later...

i drove 10 hours for my transplant. I ended up staying in the hotel near the clinic for 5 days total (4 after the surgery) and i didn't leave the room except to follow-up with the doctor.

I just went shopping the night before the surgery, and put stuff like milk, drinks, and lunch meat in my little cooler with ice. Worked out fantastic. I took my GF with me though, so if i wanted something else, she ran out and grabbed it for me.

Didn't wear a hat at all for the first 2 weeks, and i recommend not wearing anything except a loose fitting surgical cap (no ball cap or any of that). Just shrugged off what people thought if they saw me.

Anything worth doing is never easy

• 4 months later...

Just wear a oversize bandana around, and go with a casual jogging/tennis suit and it looks like youre a sports guy.

No one will bat an eye.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

bullitnut,

What a terrific question.

In my experience (for my third surgery with Dr. Hasson since it was the only time I stayed in a hotel overnight for a hair transplant), I told the people at the front desk why I was there, and they were very fascinated. I even showed them my head after surgery and they couldn't believe that it was going to turn into a decent head of hair. Interestingly enough, one of the guys at the desk was balding and commented on considering it for himself.

Everyone I've told to date has been not only very supportive but very fascinated by this process. Perhaps people aren't as judgmental as we often fear they will be icon_smile.gif

Bill

Interesting topic. Makes me think- I was just in to see my dermatologist the other day (had to zap a couple of skin breaks courtesy of too much sun) and she noticed the pimples on my head. I literally spent the next 20 minutes explaining that was normal and answering questions for her about hair transplantation. How long does it take to grow, did it hurt, etc. We even got into the subject of dandruff and skin issues (her specialty0 and what if any affect a ht might have to cause or exascerbate such issues. I did notice I needed to get on top of my dry scalp issue after my latest ht. She took a close look and said that it must be working since she saw no dandruff.

Anyway, not to prattle on, but goes to she that even professional doctors in other fields don't seem to know much about ht procedures and are at least curious how it works.

Im am worried about how to manage " my look" after the trasnplant. I work with clients every day as a real estate agent and need to be out working to make money. I plan on taking a few weeks off but cant go into hiding much longer than that!

I guess that will be the next challenge after the surgery!

Buba

Jan 12 09 3500 Dr. Rahal

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog