AFTER PIC(Hairsystem)

jerry78

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalfont is close to me, I'm only a few minutes from the Philly Turnpike exit, off of Rt. 1. I would definately like to check your resluts in person once you hit the 6-8 months mark. I'm sure you can provide me with some good advice on my next HT as well. We'll exchange contact info. and set somthing up in a few months. Look forward to meeting, you provide a lot of good advice on this site.

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

I have been reading on what have been said in here. I like that people are being honest.

I just wannet to say that my brother did a hair replacement and it looks very very good. Even his own friends dont know that he have a hair replacement. But they asks him all the time about how great his hair look and how great his new hair-cut looks.

He is very happy with it. He has been wearing it now for 7 month and all he keeps saying to me is that its perfect.

He goes 1 time to them each month just so they can remove the system or what ever it is called (wig) and just so they can do a hair-cut on him.

Once it done they put it back and off he goes.

Next month he goes back. (each month 1 time)

And of course I am going to try it myself.I have been losing my hair since I was 18 years old. Now I am 23 and I gotta tell you it really SUCKS.

I feel very bad about my look and I have no confidence left.

I sometimes dont want to go out. Sitting home all the time hiding is very depressing.

So now I have decided to do something about it. And I hope that I will also like the system as much as my brother likes it.

And for thoose who dont know how the system works I can try telling you.

The system or the WIG sits 1 month at your head.

After 1 month you need to get your ass back to them so they can remove it,wash it, and do a haircut on you. When that is completed then they put it back with very strong glue and its done.

I have even tried pulling someones hair once when I was at the compay with my brother, The guy asked me and I did it. And belive me I pulled hard and nothing happend, So that is always a positive thing. My brother goes swimming and he even goes to the gym and all he says is thoose guys saved my life.

Anyway I am really happy that this website exists and I am sorry if my english is bad but I hope you did understand what i wrote.

Diamon,

I'm glad your brother is happy with his hairpiece. As discussed above...some people love it, some people hate it. Personally, I don't like the concept of it because I feel artificual and feel that it might look artificial at any given time. BUT, if your brother is happy with it, that's wonderful. Nothing like a head of hair (real or fake) to give a man back his confidence icon_wink.gif

Bill

Jerry-

Glad to hear you like the choice you've made. If you're happy with it.....that's all that matters. Everyone who's balding has an opinion on hairpieces and HT's. Thanks for being open to the discussion that was generated...........it's all good icon_smile.gif.

Best of luck to you....

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Today I finaly went to the clinic. The night before I could not sleep I slept for 2 hours only, I was thinking alot and was very nervous.

Anyway, I went and when i steped in, I had a very bad feeling but some guy came to me and started to talk to me. It was the guy who owns the place.

We sat and talkt for a while, Maybe 3 hours or so. He explained everything to me and he felt very honest.He even did offer me to try the system for 6 weeks. He said If I did not like it he will give me my money back. I said what tha hell I have nothing to lose, So i signed the pappers and in thoose pappers there were also written that if I dont like it I will get money back so that is a possitive thing.

And he even said he will make it very natural looking, I said to him its not about talking, Show me and if I like it then I do and if not then I dont. (Just like you people said before, Hair system aint for all)

Maybe it can look good and natural on some people and maybe it can look unnatural on other people. I think it is definitely worth a try.

Thx again for your supporticon_smile.gif

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,I want to add to this thread.I have been wearing a system,wig,rug...for the past 9 yrs.Though it worked well enough for me during those years,it got to be a drag with the maintenance and upkeep,and the $.I found myself really looking forward to the day I can get my next "new"system,because they dont always look so good after a week or 2.I found that it was best to keep it short and my natural hair shaved in the back and sides to keep it looking pretty good.,oh yes and plenty of gel.I always wanted a permanent solution.So I decided to opt for a HT.I went for my 1st HT on June 28th,and I am stoked to think that soon I wont need to think about my "system".My scabs are falling off and everything is healing up pretty nice.I am now in the nervous transition phase because I will put a larger system on just to conceal my HT while at work until my new HT grows in enough.Just clip it on hopefully only about 6 months.Once it grows in I plan to cut my hair very short and then just start fresh,and be done with the system.

One thing to consider for those who want to try a system,sooner or later you will need to decide if you want to do this forever or not,for it is a huge commitment.The HT's technology these fine Dr.s'are using these days are so amazing.I knew once I came up with the right transition plan[system to HT],I would have to just go with it.

I know wearing a system isnt for every one but I will say that the system was good for me to have for those years.I will also say that for the $ I spent and time I put into it,I think i could have had about 4 procedures done.I know I am stepping in the right direction.

By the way,I think Jerry's system looks great.

Good luck to everyone who wants to wear a system,I hope it works well for you.And for those of us who got HT's,HAPPY GROWING!!!

Scooter

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Hi

Very good thread with a lot of passionate people. Personally, I could never wear a rug and had enough trouble wearing concealer.. The challenge with a "system" is it is a band aid which never really adresses the problem ( unless you wear it forever). Of course if someone wears it and is happy with it , then I'm happy or them. With that being said you can always spot them and maybe that's just me but some look quite "2 toned" regarding the sides of the head.

Again, though. If someone is happy that is all that matters but even the celebs who wear them ( who can afford the best of the best) it is quite obvious to the trained eye..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...

I don't think I could do the system for life, but could really see using a system to hide the grow-out stage of a traditional HT.

The systems don't always look perfect, but I'll bet there's also a certain amount of "you only see the bad ones" at work with that issue too.

Hell, even if some people suspect that you're wearing one for a while, your eventual HT results would probably leave them thinking "I must have been imagining things" 6-12 months later.

--------------------------------------------------

Calvin:

I agree somewhat..having worn a system for 18 years. However, one must consider the damage to the underlying hairs caused by the attachment method. See attached picture below.

I had every conceivable type of attachment, the last being polyfuse (glamorous name for glue). When I removed the system, I had severe acne, irritation and ingrown hairs at the attachment sites which haven't fully healed almost 1 year later.

Good news is, most of this hair is bouncing back from my Propecia and Rogaine regimen.

DSC00505.JPG.e8009a8fa770f5fab5fb23d1518e2b44.JPG

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

• 5 months later...

If the guy is happy with a hairpiece thats great but for petes sake dont pay 4k a year or 1k a year for that matter. Call New Image in Florida and get your own piece for about 140.00 and put it on your head. Then find a person that cuts hair and pay them 20 bucks to cut it in. Thats what I did for 9 years until I got so tired of dealing with it that I got a HT from Dr. Robert Haber who is a great Surgeon! If you want to wear a HP get a hold of me and I will help you anyway I can.

If someone is happy , that is all that matters. For me, a hairpiece would be a "band aid" and I wanted to think long term in addition to the whole fear factor of being discovered, it wasnt for me

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 months later...

I've been wearing a system for 13 years, and have about had it with the hassle - not to mention that it's really getting expensive. I'm considering a HT. I see that someone has mentioned wearing his system over his HT till the new hair grows in. How would you go about doing this? Wouldn't it mess up the new hair? Where do you get clips?