AFTER PIC(Hairsystem)

jerry78

Originally posted by MichiganBaldy:

John, I dont make wigs. All I do is make videos, thats it.

My message, and the purpose of my videos, are to explain to people and show them first hand what they will be getting themselves into if they want to go to a hair replacement center, club, salon or whatever so that people can see for themselves what it really is (a rug)

I do wear one myself and have made this work for me, I`ve never meant to promote this as something that is the end all solution for hairloss.

In fact, it is my intent only to provide for people the following:

If you want to go the hairsystem/wig/rug/ route, you can buy a hairpiece online for a fraction of the cost what charge you at the centers, and do the maintenance yourself. It does not take a "professional" to superglue a wig to your head and trim the hairs off and get it to look good, and thats a fact.

I had made that free video to show people what its like and if you pay attention tto what I say in it you`ll see that all I`m trying to do is provide the truth, thats it.

I also took the time to watch this video, but I believe that you are not just trying to provide 'truth'. You are trying to dissuade people from getting hair transplants or getting on medication when it may do a lot of good.

You say that Propecia and Rogaine do not work and they are a 'scam'. Very untrue. There are great success stories - do a search. In combination they have halted my crown thinning and restored it to a thick head of hair. No work is now required on my crown at all.

Then you mention the side effects, such as 'erectile dysfunction', which is no greater than those on a placebo. Anyway.

You also talk about Hair Transplants with the same bad tone that you give for Hair Club for Men and their wigs. In other words, yes, Bosley is as bad as Hair Club for Men, but the Coalition doctors found on this site are superior and amazing results can be had. Again - do a search.

It is highly unfair to someone considering a hair transplant or medication to stop them immediately by using scare tactics.

As for your wig - it is quite good, but still noticeable to me (but I'll admit that those of us who have had HT work can likely spot any wig a mile away as our eyes are so trained).

What I would ask and what I think may be more valuable is to instead of showing it under different lights, show how long it takes it put it in place, to remove it and reattach it every day, the maintenance, etc. Comb your hair where the wig is, etc.

Here's my two cents: The beauty of a hair transplant, for those who are candidates - including me, is that I never have to tell anyone that I have had it done. I can get married, etc. and never have to share this detail to her nor her friends, nor my friends, nor even my hairdresser. That's impossible if you have remove your hairpiece every evening... It reminds me of someone who had an obvious wig. You could always count on two outfits: formal with a wig or casual with a baseball hat (and the wig left at home).

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont need to do a search, there is just as much negative to be found in a search as there is positive about many of the hairloss solutions out there, and especially the ones that I point out in my video.

We could go back and forth, back and forth for hours about that, but I`ll put an end to any arguement about it by asking you this:

How prevalent are you in the hairloss world?

I personally know literally hundreds of people from countries all across the world whom I have regular contact with regarding hairloss, all of whom have shared their stories with me.

There are alot of similarities in these peoples complaints about their experiences with hairloss drugs, doctors and hair replacment centers.

And you know how many, maybe a few dozen people from posting in forums? Come on man, you aint made it around the block even once yet.

I have hundreds of people talking to me about this stuff, so I know what I`m talking about.

I think people need to see the negatives that arent normally discussed during consultations.

Oh yes, I know theres good surgeons out there, hell theres even good honest hair replacement centers that charge a reasonable price

(like 3 of them) but theres plenty of bad too.

Dont take the video too seriously, it wasnt meant to offend anyone who likes their drugs or transplants, it wasnt meant to tell people that they need to get a rug instead of drugs or plugs.

It was meant to show my "personal opinion" of those solutions for my "own situation" and "my" attitude that it dont work for "me," while at the same time steer people away from clubs and salons.

Especially that part.

Go to this link- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNLWCF0Z

and in the upper right hand corner you will see "download" it might be covered up by a pop-up ad so you`ll need to close that first.

Anyhow, you will see 3 letters that say please enter (the letters) here.

Enter the letters you see into the box then click download. You should see a timer that counts to 45 seconds, then your default media player will start to play the video.

MichiganBaldy,

Interesting video. I actually got a good laugh out of some of the things you said in the begining. It's true that a lot of things out there don't work...even Propecia and Minoxodil don't work as well as we'd like them to. I always advocate them in my advice as worth a try...especially for those who just started losing their hair. The one thing I'd say, however, is that you tend to over-emphasize the side effects of these medicines. Perhaps you are just stating your opinion and your concerns, but statistically, side effects are very low with these medications. I've been on Propecia for over 2 years with absolutely no side effects. However, I have stopped Minoxodil many years ago because of scalp irritation.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of wonder drug or miracle potion that would grow all your hair back and quickly? But unfortunately there is not.

So the hairpiece or "wig" is definately a viable option for people with hairloss, just as the HT is. As I've said...I opted for the HT, knowing full well the risks, but mostly because I didn't want to have to deal with the maintenance of a hair "system". To me, it seems messy and I'd know full well that I'm wearing a wig. I'd constantly worry that it doesn't look right or that something will happen for it to fall off. I mean, occasionally I have women messing with me and touching my head or something...what if one of these girls knock it out of place? So for me personally, I'd rather have a thinner head of hair that is mine than a thicker looking one that I have to take off and maintain every night.

I wish there was a perfect method to restore hair...I mean REALLY restore hair. Maybe when hair cloning is perfected than this will be possible. In the meantime...I'm glad your hairpiece is working for you.

Bill

Originally posted by MichiganBaldy:

John, I dont make wigs. All I do is make videos, thats it.

My message, and the purpose of my videos, are to explain to people and show them first hand what they will be getting themselves into if they want to go to a hair replacement center, club, salon or whatever so that people can see for themselves what it really is (a rug)

I do wear one myself and have made this work for me, I`ve never meant to promote this as something that is the end all solution for hairloss.

In fact, it is my intent only to provide for people the following:

If you want to go the hairsystem/wig/rug/ route, you can buy a hairpiece online for a fraction of the cost what charge you at the centers, and do the maintenance yourself. It does not take a "professional" to superglue a wig to your head and trim the hairs off and get it to look good, and thats a fact.

I had made that free video to show people what its like and if you pay attention tto what I say in it you`ll see that all I`m trying to do is provide the truth, thats it.

MichiganBaldy,

let's be honest: you are against HTs and meds--you are pushing rugs /wigs /whatever. Maybe because you want people to buy your other video, maybe because you truly believe it, but you come off as much less than honest. That is clear. You post nonsense about the meds that many people here will know, and th most ridiculous part is when you didn't; get a HT because of the release form that the doctor wanted you to sign. It is a scare tactic and we're not stupid.

Try going to an oral surgeon to get a tooth pulled and read what you have to sign to get it done. Or read the disclaimer when you install a program on your computer. We know those are for extreme cases, and while they might happen--anything can happen in a surgery--the odds of it happening are extremely low, as these surgeries have become routine.

You have the right to say whatever you want, just don't insult our intelligence. And as far as the piece: sorry but it's NOT undetectable, regardless of how many time you tell yourself that it is. It maybe good by a rug's standard, but still not good enough.

John,

Hey buddy...take a deep breath and relax...everything will be ok icon_wink.gif. Kick your feet up and have a cold one or something icon_biggrin.gif.

I can't honestly speak for Michigan's intentions, but after viewing that entire video I don't get the impression that he is trying to sell wigs or say it's the only option for hairloss, nor insult those who want to get an HT. If anything, I think he is simply trying to help people save money if they are considering a hairpiece by getting a more affordable and realistic one. He uses the word "wig" and "rug" several times. If he were trying to decieve people making it sound like the end all of hairloss, he'd use those scientific terms he was criticizing.

Regarding HTs and medication...it's obvious that these solutions didn't sound good to him and may have overstated some of the negatives and understated the positive benefits. but I don't think he is trying to scare or persuade anyone not to research it or go with it. Of course, perhaps Michiganbaldy can explain his intentions if he is willing.

My advice to people is and will remain, research all your options before jumping into one or the other. An HT will not be for everyone...maybe medicine isn't either. I always think the medication is worth a try in the beginning stages of hairloss to see if you can regain existing hair or at least stop the hairloss, but for those who are already a NW6 and 7, medication may not be the way to go. Some people aren't even candidates for an HT...so a "hair replacement system" or "wig" may be the only option if someone indeed wants to cover their baldness. But nonetheless, many NW6 and 7s have had some pretty amazing transformations with HT because of a great surgeon and excellent donor hair. So to each their own on what satisfies them.

That being said, my advice to you Michiganbaldy, if you are sincerely trying to educate people, share all the facts, both the good and the bad about all forms of hairloss treatment, including medication and HTs.

Bill

Yes I use the word rug and wig all the time.

Thats what it is, and the hair replacement establishments out there dont try and sell it like that, they call it a system and try to steer people away from the fact that when you sign the purchase agrrement and come back for your "application" by a "technician" in 8 weeks, all they`re going to do is superglue a rug to your scalp.

Thats what they did to me and countless others whom are now my friends.

As far as drugs and topicals I tried them before I ever tried "systems" and it didnt work at all, not even one hair.

What are the percentages, really, of people who have success with it?

People get angry when a product doenst do what it`s intended to do.

It isnt right that someone can put a product on the market that "may or may not work for you, but we still get your money regardless."

I talk to people all the time who`ve had the same results as me.

So I got sort of miffed when alot of others have the same experience so I put my dissappointment in my video.

(and they cheered me on!)

Trust me when I tell you, my video doesnt have the impact on people shopping for hairloss that the deeply offended believe it does.

Trust me, I`ve shipped dozens of DVD copies of that video all over the world (for free) before the download was available, and most of the people I gave them to wrote to me and said great video, but I think I`m going to try this or that before deciding on a rug.

Others said thank you very much, I came very close to joining this or that hair studio for

5-6 grand a year but now I know if I want a toupee I can get one myself and strap it on at home.

your right, those establishments are a rip off. They sucker you in and charge an arm and a leg for dick all. The fact that you are putting out a video to save people from these places is great. If wigs were matinence free and 100% undetectable more of us would probably go down that route. But for the people who wear them you might as well save a ton of dough.

Yes people will wear them whether I make a video or not.

Some people wonder how on earth a guy could go about doing this and the answer is when you want hair, you have a tendancy to have an open mind about things.

When I went for my first rug, they didnt tell me it would be a rug. They told me it would be this and that, all blended and integrated with my own, etc.

When I went back and they brought it out and put it on, I just sat there thinking yup, this was bullshit.

I didnt like it and I told her to take it off. This lady put a real obvious rug on me, had my hairline like a half inch from my eyebrows.

Sheesh now that I think about it, I think what a dumb and unskilled idiot she was.

Theres more to the story but I`ll spare it for now.

LOL Michigan,

I can certainly understand and even share some of your frustration with all these things.

Regarding medication...it's difficult to say...it depends on how we measure "success" of it. I know for example, my father used to have a bald spot (not significant, but obvious) in the crown area and started using Rogaine and the bald spot is gone. That is all he uses...it actually WORKED for him. Unfortunately, it did NOT work for me. I think it was working at first, but then in my infinite wisdom (ha) I stopped for 8 months and lost more ground. I started using it again but this time it only made my scalp itch so I went down to the watered down version the 2% and that did nothing...after awhile, that gave me a lesser but still prominent itchy scalp. So I dropped it altogether. I wish to this day that I tried Propecia earlier than I did...maybe that would have helped me keep my existing hair back then and I wouldn't have progressed to where I was before my first HT. But Propecia certainly isn't regrowing hair...but I believe it's helping me keep hair below the crown. I say "believe" because how can I really prove it's working unless I stop it and see if the hair below the crown disappears. I don't want to take that risk so I stay on the medicine. So in my eyes, Propecia is a "success" to some degree, keeping some of the existing hair I have.

The thought of a "rug" on my head never seemed appealing to me. Ironically I would see these amazing commercials of before/after transitions...just as you said, with guys swimming and doing all kinds of sports without any problems, but I just didn't buy into it for whatever reason. Honestly, as I said, my major hangup was that even if nobody else knew I was wearing a "rug", I would know...and I knew that maintenance was going to be a pain in the neck and that these hair "systems" had to be replaced all the time. Ugh.

So I went the HT route...and 7550 grafts later here I am. I only just came out of my third surgery 4 weeks ago, so I am in the healing stage soon to enter the doldrums...blah, I hate that part...but I should get some decent results. Will it be a full thick head of hair? Nope! But will it give me some density and fullness making me feel better about myself? Yep! And the nice part is...for me who HATES the concept of wearing a hairpiece, maintenance, and knowledge that it's a "rug", is that it's my own hair and maintenance free. But yes...there are the cons that go with it...a scar, a healing process, the general "risks" of surgery, etc. There is no perfect method for hair "restoration", but this to me is the best method for me.

But anyway...I did appreciate your video and even got some laughs out of what you put together. I was able to identify with your frustrations with many of these things, and I think for the most part you stayed pretty objective. My only criticisms are that of the above...simply because there are no perfect hair restoration methods, we have to try to look at the PROS as well as the cons of all methods that currently exist....whether it be medicine, HTs, or hair pieces. They all have merit...but none are perfect.

Bill

HT costs of course vary from doctor to doctor and based on how many grafts one would need...but pretty competitive standard price is: $4.50 per graft for the first 2000 grafts and $2.50 per graft after that. So...it IS expensive....no doubt! But to me, it was worth the price to regain a good amount of hair that's mine.

Bill

Cool, man.

I`d like to someday maybe try it, like when I hit lotto or something.

I mean, I`d have nothing to lose at this point if it didnt work out. I can just put the wig back on and say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

LOL- could you see me walking out after the surgery, looking at my head as I pass by a window, shrug my shoulders, yank a good old wig out of my back pocket and strap it on literally as I go across the street to bar?

It`d be awesome icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone:

Wow. I've been off the board for awhile and could not believe the responses this thead accumulated...but thats a good thing....it generates interest for people.

I am 3 months into my system, and really do love it. Perhaps in the future I will be better served with a HT, but for now, I am content.

Thanks for all the comments, and I hope to post some more pics later. Jerry

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your hairpiece looks pretty obvious. I am sure your friends are being too kind in not saying anything, but I am sure they know what is going on. I think you should reconsider a transplant instead of looking foolish.

You're not sorry, you f*cking jerk. You're just here to cause problems. He said he was thinking about a HT in the future, you moose twit. Didn't you read his post? You're not very bright. I'm surprised you haven't accidently killed yourself yet.

Jerry,

Glad to see you back in action and I'm glad that you are happy with your system. The nice part about trying a system first is that you always have the option to go for an HT later. Glad to know it's working for you.

Studentjay,

I've addressed you in some other posts, so I would ask that you would read them. You're beginning to develop a bad rapport here whether or not it's warranted I can't tell yet. My suggestion is to keep posting your opinions but tone it down. Telling someone they look foolish is offensive. I've already seen you go off on people for calling you names. Treat people as you want to be treated...it's good advice.

Kamin,

Studentjay's response was a bit brisk, but your response doesn't help. Name calling and mudslinging only produces more mudslinging.

Jerry,

I agree Bill comments, so I won't waste time repeating them all.

The pic looks good in my opinion and the fact that you are happy at this point is all that matters. You have the option to go with a HT later if you want, so see how the system works for you in the meantime. Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Bill:

Jerry,

Glad to see you back in action and I'm glad that you are happy with your system. The nice part about trying a system first is that you always have the option to go for an HT later. Glad to know it's working for you.

Studentjay,

I've addressed you in some other posts, so I would ask that you would read them. You're beginning to develop a bad rapport here whether or not it's warranted I can't tell yet. My suggestion is to keep posting your opinions but tone it down. Telling someone they look foolish is offensive. I've already seen you go off on people for calling you names. Treat people as you want to be treated...it's good advice.

Kamin,

Studentjay's response was a bit brisk, but your response doesn't help. Name calling and mudslinging only produces more mudslinging.

Accidentially posted before typing...rookie mistake. Posted edited version.

Also, I recently sent pics online to Hasson & Wong, as well as Dr. Feller. Waiting for a respone. I plan on seeing katz for a consult in 3 weeks since he is only 30 minutes from me.