Veni, Vidi...Uh, Hair! 4200 Bouncing Baby Grafts, Thanks to Dr. Feller!

Facelessman,

Good to hear you had an overall good experience! It sounds a lot like mine. I can relate to your 'angry' bee stings - I laughed so hard reading about your experience I almost literally burst my stitches!!!

Anyway 4200 grafts pack a powerfull punch, your going to be one happy (read: almost unrecognizeable) camper in a few months!!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

The worst part is the suture tightness, but it gets better in about 10 days. Good luck!

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi faceless, congrats on getting he deed done, and done well.

I have a question, since my hair is very similar to yours. Since they shaved the entire top off, how long would it take for your existing hair on top to grow, so you would be able to go back to work, or is it that you don't care about that part? i have always been scared that once they shave my top off, it would take a long darn time before my hair on top grows to the length i keep it at usually, to be able to hide the HT hair.

Any thoughts?

P.S i have a consult scheduled with Dr. Feller in a week. any words of advice besides the usual?

Thanks

Originally posted by paris_caine:

Hi faceless, congrats on getting he deed done, and done well.

I have a question, since my hair is very similar to yours. Since they shaved the entire top off, how long would it take for your existing hair on top to grow, so you would be able to go back to work, or is it that you don't care about that part? i have always been scared that once they shave my top off, it would take a long darn time before my hair on top grows to the length i keep it at usually, to be able to hide the HT hair.

Any thoughts?

P.S i have a consult scheduled with Dr. Feller in a week. any words of advice besides the usual?

Thanks

Toppik?

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks faceless, that does help. Besides, i will have your progress to look at, although, as you said, everyone's case is unique.

One other question. Do you take Propecia, and/or did you discuss that with Dr. Feller?

best of luck in coming months.

congrats faceless man! I am a little behind you, being at 5days post op now. I had trouble sleeping so I just said to heck with it and lied on two pillows brushing against my face, staying clear of my midscalp where I had my grafts. I got a little swelling on my left cheek but nothing that bad and is gone now. I just made sure I didn't rub my grafts against a pillow for the first 3 nights, didn't see any damage as I checked my bed and pillow the following mornings so looks all good! I know what ya mean by the staples or sutures in my condition, cannot wait for friday to get them out! My doc likes to get them out after a week to help minimize scarring from the stitches, but am waiting as when I lie on the back of my head I get some aching pain around the donor area and I know the stitches make it worse! Get ready for all those babies to fall out and start the waiting period for growth!

• 3 weeks later...

Faceless,

Congrats on a very fine HT courtesy of Doc Feller. I hadn't taken time to read your story until this morning. 4200 will cover that area nicely and I'll bet you'll be more than pleased.

I guess your starting the waiting game as happends with HT's. Growth varies..............I did start at the 6 week mark (very slowly) after my 2nd HT so maybe you're on your way?? If not, it'll come eventually.

Keep growin' and sharing your updates!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Looks like you've healed up nicely and things are progressing. Hopefully you'll start to see some action in the next month or two.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 3 months later...

Hey Faceless,

Enjoyed reading the update on your blog.............you have a way with words, my friend. icon_cool.gif

Oh yeah, as for the hair, it really is looking good. I'm envious of the temple points!!! I had so much real estate to cover in the crown my last HT I didn't consider it. Over all, your HT is really filling in. I hope you'll post 6-7 month pics as I'll be you'll really be filling in by then.

Keep growin'

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Lookin good faceless one, wait till the next few months its gonna look great

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Spex...hey, who is that dude on the left??

Thanks for posting that pre-photo; it brings back memories! I was definitely nervous...

It's cool...remarkable...to see that purple line, and see now how that area is hair-filled...!

It also shows how the temple points area is so significant...I hadn't realized it, really, until they started growing in more, and longer, recently, and blending in better with the sides.

What was odd about the temples is that as far as I could tell, those were the only transplants that didn't seem to shed, at all...at least, not noticeably, or as completely as the rest.

Very cool!

Benjamin

John_in_NC: Actually, the most recent shots on my blog (the "progress" shots as well as the ones from my NYC trips) are the best temple point closeups I have, now, but I'll make it a point (no pun intended) to aim my amateur camera-holding hands in that direction next time!

Hairbank, Garageland...and for that matter everyone...thanks for the good words!

Benjamin

• 4 weeks later...

Looks pretty good, Faceless!

The top view shows that it seems all your grafts are taking off. I would guess you'll see some drastic changes (for the positive) in the next two months as you get some length and start to "dense up" a bit.

Thanks for the update..........happy growin' to you!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog