Veni, Vidi...Uh, Hair! 4200 Bouncing Baby Grafts, Thanks to Dr. Feller!

Guest Cousin_It

Faceless...

Only one word for this "fantastic". Further proof that going to a top rated surgeon pays off! The next few months are really going to be exciting for you. I bet you can't wait until summer, it's gonna be a great beach season for you. Best of Luck and keeps us up to date.

Thanks, everyone, for the good words...!

One growth/density question, one perhaps best left for Dr. Feller at my 6-month checkup...but I thought I'd put it out there. At this (just-over-5-month) point, there is definite coverage all over the recipient region, and noticeably more "body" overall, as all the hair grows longer/fuller. What I'm seeing, though, is that the temples (or whatever those regions on either side of the forelock are called), while definitely covered with hair, are still very thin. Should I expect notably more density in the next several months, along with thickening?

At the risk of jumping the gun, I'm thinking that, having seen such a happy step forward after my "before" photos already, down the road it could be worthwhile to bring the hairline down a little more -- mostly the temples -- and maybe even add more to the top, if that's medically prudent. That said, I have months to go, so patience is a definite virtue here...

Benjamin

Ben,

You are not even half way grown out yet. There is alot more on the way in ALL areas of the recipient site.

If you want to lower your hairline you certainly can, but wait until this session grows out first. You will probably be surprised how much lower your hairline actually will be once the hairs are given a chance to mature.

Grow well.

Dr. Feller

• 2 months later...

Hello all...just posted 5-plus and 6-month photos. More to come!

Hope all here are growing well, and/or taking solace in the wealth of good advice and experience narrations that this site offers! I have been "away" for a while; between a fair amount of familial travel back to NYC, and a new job, my internet time has dwindled!

Benjamin

Face-

Thanks for the update. Looks like you're coming along, but, in comparison, maybe a little more slowly than some. Judging by the number of grafts you received you should have mucho more thickening and some growth yet to come.

Hope you find time to keep posing now and again.......always enjoy having your input!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank -- thanks for the feedback! I tend to agree on the growth rate. Overall, it looks and feels and "behaves" differently, and from what I can see, comparing the just-after photos to the most recent ones, everything is growing; while it is definitely thin behind the temples (or whatever those parts of the head are called), it looks even.

Given that a) the temple points used about 500 grafts, combined, of the 4200 I had moved (if I had overheard Dr. Feller correctly during the procedure), that b) I had a large area to cover, and c) my hair is fairly fine-textured, AND d) that even at what is now past 7 months there is more growth to come, the thin-ness is par for the course. Now that it has grown to a more standard length, it's hard even for me to remember that it wasn't that way all along!

How are you growing these days?

Benjamin

I'm pretty pleased with my crown work, it's still a little thin, but pretty much covered. 'Course now the frontal work I had from HT #1 needs densed up to compliment the crown icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif.

I need to post some updates and will do so soon. Really, I'm pretty pleased overall.

Keep growin', my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 year later...