scalp tattoo shading/tinting

candoo

Jon

Thanks for your efforts. I've looked to, and frankly, I've seen enough, but thank you.

HIS do skinheads, and quite frankly, I don't like a lot of the hairlines on skin head work, regardless of whether they are HIS, AC, GLI or whatever. I want my hair to be THE hairline and not the tattoo define my hairline. It is just that HIS don't deliver. And the others do - at least as far as proudly displaying picture on their websites. But wait, not so easy, the others may not be as good?? OR?? HIS might be able to do hair, but so far, are keeping to a strict and simple protocol while their empire expands. A kind of one-size fits all mentality. Easier quality control, training etc. Remember, many of the HIS technicians are ex-patients, not tattooists.

Now I know you are not interested in growing hair, so it might not be interesting, but if you really wanna help me do this.

1) Check out Rassman's site and then GoodLookink. They have clear pictures of hair. Rassman clearly demarcates the concept of shave, buzz and longer hair, and show it in clear accessible, separate folders in their library. Their files are tiny compared to HIS, puny!! 5 minutes tops in total

2) Now did anything you hear, see, touch, smell in all your research and experience with SMP, suggest that the tatt + hair thing is BS? What do you think of this situation?

That is the golden egg I wanna crack buddy!!! That right there!! Why??

Not interested?

Well, let me say

I am loving it that you contribute to this thread, and I'm glad you are happy with everything.

I think a lot of the criticism you will cop here would be alleviated if you were less focused exclusively on HIS and the warm/fuzzy stuff. I want the warm/fuzzy stuff, too, don't get me wrong. But I just wanna LEARN something. What the hell is going on with this?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad you understand where I'm coming from.. I was just trying to help you out..

I hear what your saying about the idea of me talking less about the specific company and stay more focused on the process in general.

let me be clear...when HIS was in europe only....and because of my severly handicapped child..I really didn't want to spend the time flying to europe and leaving my wife alone with this child..for 9 days....

So I was searching a few of the companies that would have been easy to take him with me in the states....and it was pretty clear.....there were some questions with regards to the end result...with these NON HIS firms.. and that was holding me back..

It had got to one point where I was thinking of flying out to europe for 3 or 4 days..coming home to be with my family and then flying back out for the last service even though my air fare costs would have doubled..

My lovely wife was like....do what you think is right...

I just didn't feel comfortable with some of the other companies already here in the states or ones that were flying in from austrailia for the week...to do the service and then leave....

I sort of recommend one company because I am so satisfied ..with proven results.....its very low key...its a gentlemans service...absolutely no sales pressure at all and a ton of people who are happy with the work they've done.......To me....I would hate for someone to hear about it....and then go with a MHT process and just use another company than I did..and then was not be happy with the end result..

Some other companies out there will take your money and if it doesn't turn out good...your in trouble...its your head!!! Everybody sees your head....so....forgive me for being so emphatic..

Still I'll take your suggestion for the future and will let those who ask me about what company I prefer...

Good luck with your journey

JB

Jon, still no comment from you about Rassman and Goodloodlook ink - and their willingness to promote hair and ink in the one package. Buddy, I am asking too much!

All I wanna do is find out whether I can keep some hair and get bald patches inked up.

Of course I have asked,

...and the answer is HIS=no, GLI, Rassman=yes

So I then ask? Why, the difference, they are basically doing the same thing?

...and the answer from you is, HIS are real gentlemen

So I conclude

......duh....

And so I urge you, against my natural urge to say, just leave it, I urge you to take a peak at the situation and comment

And the answer is

......HIS are real gentlemen

So I say, fair enough, this guy doesn't wanna even entertain a discussion.

....I'll....let those who ask me about what company I prefer...

Prefer - prefer to discuss. I assume you have not had pigmentation done by the other companies first, but if you had I thoroughly understand.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. I'll leave it now and move on!

Cheers

Scar5..

There are several companies in the field that I do know about but would prefer to say positive things about the company I have personal experience with.

I am sorry I can't help you with GoodlookInc.

I look forward to hearing about your results as you move forward.

Have a nice evening.

JB

• 2 months later...

Hi Scar5, any update on your research? I am interested in MHT, but I am having some of the same questions as you. I forgot where I read it, but I heard that Rassman used to debunk this method as a waste and now as you can see, he opened up a shop for it...nothing entirely wrong with that, just imho, it seems his office would be skilled in hair transplant surgery so I'm not sure if they would be as skilled/experienced compared to these other companies that have specialized in MHT for the last few years. Although the pics on the HIS site and goodlookinc are helpful, they are lacking in showing clear examples of what to expect. Although these sites do seems like a credible and effective resource, there seems to be no reason why there can't be 10 different angles for a before picture and 10 different of the same angles as after pictures so we can get an objective realistic idea of what our hair will look like. Maybe that's done on purpose because some angles/MHT procedures don't come out well?

Also, let's say, although unlikely, for some reason you greatly dislike the look with MHT or, somehow amazingly, they find a cure for baldness soon, do you know if the treatment is reversible (similar to how people have tattoos removed?).

I wonder if there are any diary/case studies that I didn't find in my search of people 5 years out still happy with their results and having no fading/no touch ups necessary?

Hi Scar5, any update on your research?

Still keeping an eye out.

...and basically I feel like I am still a dumb ass and if I went ahead with it, it would be faith based, not fact based!!

But for what it's worth.

1) Tangibles - the facts as I see 'em from my peep hole

(I have grossly simplified here - buyer beware!!)

FIRSTLY = ALL TATTS will seem a tad blue, some more than others

All tatts will fade

That said..

a) HIS think hair plus tatts is crap, (HIS stands for Head Is Skin lol)

b) GLI and Rassman say hair plus tatts is cool.

c) Artistry Concepts??? AC

e) HIS say they (can) graduate colors or shades..note can.

f) GLI do not

g) AC??

h) AC and GLI had a legal battle. GLI lost. See National Arbitration Forum.

i) Rassman gives you lovely pain killers cause they're docs. Who knows maybe throw in some valium?

j) They cost about the same

h) HIS insist on breaking the procedure into 3 (or more) steps with at least 4-5 days between each one. GLI will treat you primarily on one day, touch you up next and send you home, but despite the drive-thu style, they say the first procedure only gets u 60% of the way. Rassman, mmn I dunno.

i) They all SUCK at doing natural temples!!!! and hairlines!! but if your skin is more colored, then better for you.

Intangibles - Assumptions and Impressions

a) Shallow depth fast fade = HIS. It's a good model, cause it keeps them outta trouble with blurring blue messes showing up, but it also means, the shade is so light it can't help much with hair with any length

b) Love some of the vids on GLI but some questionable ones too. Latest is a scarred up dude who got tatts, but the after pics forget to show scars?? Why?

c) HIS seem to the Model T Ford of the business. One model, one color, mass production. All skin head. But they are pretty damn good at it, by the looks of it. Their admin is hopelessly unsettled and inconsistent which is understandable given the rapid expansion, but despite the chaos seem at least on the one page

d) but damn it, I want hair for the hairline. I want none of the tatt to show in the hairline so, I'm on the fence with more work to do

I heard that Rassman used to debunk this method as a waste and now...

I love the Utube thing with the smiling caring doc with a sparkle in his eyes!!

But seriously, I think a lot of people were dubious and are now considering it, but it maybe a desperate act, I don't know. If I had no scars, I would be off to HIS for the full treatment, and then grow my hair anyway. But with scars I need more hair, much more!!

Although the pics on the HIS site and goodlookinc are helpful, they are lacking in showing clear examples of what to expect.

do you know if the treatment is reversible

Yes, you can laser off most of it. But u might wanna ask about particular inks.

Laser hurts though and takes several visits staggered over a few months

I didn't find in my search of people 5 years out still happy with their results and having no fading/no touch ups necessary?

Touch ups are necessary and I figure that each successive touch-up will blur the thing more, cause no way in the world are they gone find the same cell to pop ink into.

Basically I can't ad much, but just wanna say I'm still in this looking for answers and please, others chime in.

Edited by scar5

scar5,

Thanks for the detailed update on your research. Interesting stuff but not the most reassuring either. There just seems to be too many unknowns at this point.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think anyone opting for this procedure should just do a small section first to see how it looks before committing to an entire head.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Totally agree. Or better yet, do a small test area where the sun don't shine - if ya know what I mean. ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I've been doing some more research on it since my earlier post, mainly on the HIS procedure, seems they do good work. I think it may be a good match for me because I've been shaving my head for the past five years anyway, have medium dark skin, and no ht's. They do say it is "permanent", but I'm unsure if I believe that, and wonder if it will look obvious if it does fade. I've read the same thing, that the less the depth of penetration of tatts, the more likely it is to fade so that worries me. That and the cost (if it's not really permanent and/or I'd have to laser it off if it fades and looks weird/obvious) are what are holding me back for now.

There is a woman who does this procedure too. Just google "melanie whitney men's hair micropigmentation" and it should be the first to come up. Look under hairloss...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, Im new on here. I've been researching scalp micropigmentation and discovered 3 leaders, HIS, Artistry Concepts (FLA), and Good Look Ink in Minnesota. Im down to either AC or Good Look. Good Look Ink or GLI does something called cosmetic transdermal hair replication (CTHR), and they say it is different than scalp micropigmentation b/c the needle penetrates deeper into the scalp to give it more permanence. Not sure if the procedure is really any different or just the name but I've been shaving my head for a couple of years also, and I am sold on this idea. I am still unsure of AC b/c their lack of professionalism but their method is called ACHM2 and seems impressive. If any of you know anything about these two companies, or just about the procedure in general, please let me know. Much Appreciated

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I had the HIS service done back in oct 2011 in the NY city office and its been wonderful. A real life changing service and one I highly recommend.

My suggestion is to meet up with someone local to you that has this service done. Meet them for a cup of coffee and decide for yourself.

JB

Jon B, I watched your YouTube video-JB from New York. Three qestions--

1) Are you a big Donald Trump fan?

2) How long have you been employed by HIS?

3) Does shilling for HIS pay well?

Thanks for the laughs and I'm sorry that my positive insights insult you and make you feel distrustful.

Good luck in your journey

JB

Thanks for the laughs and I'm sorry that my positive insights insult you and make you feel distrustful.

Good luck in your journey

JB

And good luck in your career with HIS. I notice you did not deny being a shill.And yes, I am absolutely distrustful of a guy who posts on every hairloss forum the exact same message (paraphrase)-" I used HIS and It changed my life." I am pro smp, mht, cthr, and whatever other terms there are, but I am EXTREMELY ANTI- dishonest shilling. This type of business practice is immoral and gives the smp industry, which is in its infant years, a bad name. It also makes people who are unsure about this decision very skeptical, and rightfully so. If you would just be honest and say that you work for a company, and express the pros and cons, people would be much more inclined to listen to you. You are obviously an intelligent, well spoken man who could offer alot to potential clients, so why not be a consultant rather than lowering yourself to shameless shilling? Or is that the way HIS operates? I dont know, Im just asking...they actually seem like they have their act together but when I see things like this I must speak up. I think your results look good and Im glad you are happy. Take care!

If your looking for a denial of being a shill than I'll make that denial..

Often times in life you might meet up with someone who is just enthusiastic about an out of the box solution that changed his life.

You might also find that person is the father of a severly autistic child, its a saturday and has time to post on the internet while his kid rocks and runs from one wall of the house to the other.

Sure I took the kid to the health club today and had a personal trainer try and teach him to better himself and after that I took him to a special need horseback riding session and then took him to chinese food as he is on a special casien, gluten and corn free diet so the only food he can eat prepared in most resturants is steamed chicken and brocolli..

and now that he's gone to sleep or during the day I post up about some out of the box solution for others to consider...with their "problem" male pattern baldness and you think I"m a shill?

Why would I waste my time for any other reason of being a person who believes in karma...

Doing good unto others and somewhere...somehow....good will be done unto me ...(or my loved ones)

I'm sure its a foreign aspect to many people today....since for so many its all about what they can GET FOR THEMSELVES...

JB

Edited by Jon B.

Jon B., I am sorry that I was offensive with the Donald Trump remark. Also, I have a first cousin who is Autistic- he is 28 just two years younger than me and although I know about having a family member with Autism, I wont pretend to be able to empathize with the difficulty of raising children. I do however understand what you mean when you say that you are passionate about out-of-the-box procedures for hairloss. I feel the same way. I am 30 and have struggled with hairloss since age 21-22. Boohoo right? Some people have it much worse, I have a buddy who had a wreck back in September that left him paralyzed from waist down. I feel guilty complaining about hairloss when so many people out there have so much worse to deal with. But plain and simple, I know what it is to feel like my life has been shortened do to hairloss and when I discovered this I was so happy and excited. I went on all these forums asking many questions and trying to learn what I could, but for the most part I was criticized and called an idiot for wanting to do this b/c many of these forum members believe that smp or mht is not a solution- I disagree. If you want beautiful flowing locks like fabio, then no this isnt your solution. But if you like the shaved head look, and simply want a coverage of the appearance of stubble, this is your answer. And that is where Im at. I suppose I did not consider the fact that some people are just happy with what a particular company did for them, and they want to send business that company's way, and help others who have had the same struggle find peace and happiness. I think that is great. I actually have a procedure scheduled for Tuesday morning with a different provider, believe it or not. I am pretty excited about it. Maybe after I have mine done I can help other people in my situation too. Again, I am sorry about the Trump joke, you just have a very similar accent as he does, but Y'all are both from New York area so duh, right? Anyway, I jump to conclusions often, and I appologize for doing that in this case, and thank you for reminding me that not all people are self-motivated. I need to be reminded of that from time to time. Take care my friend, and God Bless!

• 3 months later...
Would scalp tattoo/tinting fade over time? Will sun exposure effect the tattoo?

Kathie, i dont see how this is any different then any other tattoo, they all fade. Even worse though is that this is on your head in direct contact with sunlight which will cause it to fade even faster!! In addition to it fading what if as aging your hair goes gray? then the "Scalp Pigmentation" Aka tattoo would be the wrong color