scalp tattoo shading/tinting

candoo

thanks! I appreciate your complements. I realize its not for everyone and I never thought it would be for me...but Ithought it was something I would go for and lo and behold..I really like it.

At 52 I'm very pleased. My wife likes it too.

Its certainly not the flowing locks of a hair transplant yet for me...it worked out quite well this month.

Thanks again for the complements.

JB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what everyone's problem is here. I have made an appointment to have this tattooing procedure done, and I can't wait until the time comes! All my questions were answered (all the same ones that appear in this forum)to my full satisfaction. I came across this place on the internet and emailed and telephoned for weeks. I am glad I made the decision to come here, and I certainly will be back on this forum after my procedure. It is artistry concepts in southwest Florida. I have also personally spoken to others that had their procedure (the studio gave me their telephone numbers, with their clients' permission of course!) done there as well and they are all very happy and they say their lives have changed. So everyone needs to stop whining and just find a place like this one who can do it right....

Hello THOMAS61,

I was actually reading about the place where you booked your appointment in South West FL. How did it go? Are you happy with the results? I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

thanks! I appreciate your complements. I realize its not for everyone and I never thought it would be for me...but Ithought it was something I would go for and lo and behold..I really like it.

At 52 I'm very pleased. My wife likes it too.

Its certainly not the flowing locks of a hair transplant yet for me...it worked out quite well this month.

Thanks again for the complements.

JB

Jon B, Thanks for all your input! And thanks for the pictures, you look awesome!! HIS Clinic was the first site that came up on the google search. I made a skype appointment where we will conference by camera online next week on thursday. I called the 855 number that they have listed in the NYC office and it seems I got someone that spoke as if they were from England.. then I noticed that it was the same number for the one in Los Angeles, so I am assuming I talked to one of the owners in England.

He mentioned that there will be an office opening up in Miami, FL in 6 months. The SCARY about that is, who will be the new person in this Miami office that will be tattooing one's head? Will they have the same experience as the one that did yours in NYC?

Also, from what I understand, the ink that HIS uses does not last too many years and touch-up will always be needed as opposed to the one in SW FL (Artistry Concepts) which promises it will last forever. Not only that, but they also only have one office with two men working there.... NO OFFICES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD as Bosley and HIS which makes it more of a "franchise" (I know you said they are not, but still its many offices with different personnel which will produce different results, right?)

I am now reading a posting on the blog of HIS where they talk about Artistry Concepts with a picture of a person who's head they damaged (looks very bad!). Now, If they actually did that bad work, shouldn't they improve with trial en error as doctors did with breast implants back in the day? I know its impossible to know if they actually do good work now or not vs. what you got done in HIS until you actually get it done. But thats the thing, I need to select right before the procedure is done. Point is, since I live in FL, its easier for me to go to them... provided they do good work of course. What are your thoughts?

I would suggest strongly that I chose HIS MHT organization for a reason. The nearly 10 year reputation to meet and exceed expectations and the results are long lasting so my suggestion would be to always consider that factor in making your decision.

The world wide staff across the globe with HIS is intensively trained to do this work and that training makes it such that no one is allowed to work without completing the apprenticeship where with their mentor working alongside they gain the knowledge and ability to properly achieve client satisfaction. There is a reason for this. Meeting and exceeding client expecations is a key element to HIS business ethic.

The HIS lnks last a many many years so again I tend to think the information you are repeating is inaccurate. In addition to that.. clients always have the option of going for changes in shape or shade or just maintaince if need be. I tend to believe you are getting incorrect information so I hope I'm assisting you find the actual information.

Still I recommend going to the company representatives to gather facts from them. I did my research and I feel completely comfortable with my choice.

I hate to go on and on about this fine company so I suggest anyone considering micro pigmentation that they at the very least spend some time on the HIS forum to get a good indication of what to expect in this area of resolving MPB..

I'm sure there are companies out there that might do a fine job. I would just suggest speaking to and meeting with other clients to gather real information. Once you do that you will know what the right choice to make.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Since I've had such wonderful experiences with HIS in NYC...and while I was there..there was another gentleman from the mid west who would fly in and stay in a hotel. If you are asking my recommendation...? I recommend who this gentleman chose as did I for a reason.

Do your research and consider spending time on various vendors website and forums. Meet people in person who have had each companies service. That will be among your best way to decide what to do..

I know it might be difficult but this is something you are going to live wth for quite some time.

JMO

Edited by Jon B.

I hate to go on and on about this fine company

JMO

eh...em...

I just checked the blog. Poor DHT Assassin is getting jumped on by the guard dogs, when he did a good and useful thing of exposing what we all know is going to happen. The pigment boom is already letting blood, and the first casualties should be clinics posting dodgy pictures of 'other clinics' work or perhaps claiming them as their own. Oh..well. I hope DHT survives.

It's obvious too, already, that this whole industry is exploding and at this pace, within a few years, people in public will KNOW about pigments and unfortunately their will be bar fights and finger pointing. I hope it doesn't get too big, but I guess it will.

I am closer to solving my mystery about hair vs no hair, and I will address that on another thread on this forum, where Hightop fade answered my question.

"The pigment boom is already letting blood, and the first casualties should be clinics posting dodgy pictures of 'other clinics' work or perhaps claiming them as their own. Oh..well. I hope DHT survives."

==============================================================================

What does pigment boom is already letting blood mean?

The process is fine and DHT purposely set up an argument to get the attention of the owner of the company to respond to the nonsense that AC did with regards to making false claims etc..

DHT is now a very respected member of the forum and that is why I suggested you look at his research with regards to scar work...

I don't have any scars so I referred you to DHT as he is on the quest to find a scar repair for himself.

I dont really care if every person gets Micro hair process as long as they are happy. With having used couvre and toppik for over a dozen years... I feel pretty free and its cool to talk about it as well so let me just suggest the cool part of MHT is not the secret but rather the frame that it gives the individual's face who goes for it. Obviously it needs to look real...and thats where picking the right practice comes in..

I'm not going to go through the negative occurences that I had dealing with headstyle (austrailia) or one other company in the southern part of the United States......as ...I'd rather just discuss how rewarding my personal experience has been in the past month..

I don't know what you are saying with Eh EM...so please feel free to clarify.

You and several other members asked for the photos and my story of what I've done and I've given them to you and others on this forum openly.

Remember originally I just came back here to let you guys know I was happy with the HIS service Ijust had..................and just suggested you check out my blog over their of the entire experience which I"m kind of proud of.

I opened up and gave 150 percent to delving into what my impressions were and what my insights were..

Edited by Jon B.

Jon,

Don't take it that way. My sense of humor, is off the dial sometimes. I gotta watch it. I really appreciate your posts and pictures, and this thread has helped me. Anyway, re, Assasin's posts, I thought he was cool but he was getting besieged, by overly zealous defenders.

When I say letting blood, I mean, competition is heating up. And pics -judging by that thread - are being misused, so accusations flow back and forth and such..reminds me a bit of the HT world in other forums. This is civil and polite here. I'll leave it at that.:)

THanks for your insights and believe me I'm not taking any of these questions in a bad way. Sometimes typing rather than speaking tends to send off the wrong inflection...

I would suggest if your searching out firms to use ...to do a rather exhaustive search where you speak to and met with various individuals of each of the client base..

I almost got involved with companies.. that I'd rather not mention....that didn't really offer the level of expertise or the level of service I was looking for. I'd rather just say... I'm glad I chose the company I did.

Chose wisely as its really a personal life decision whats most important for you... .. is all I can say. Do your research and I am sure there are great companies out there. I do know there are also companies that are not quite so good so do your research wisely my friends.

Look at the various results in real life that meet your expectations would be a good start.

Don't do anything until you feel comfortable...

I hope this helps.

I almost got involved with companies.. that I'd rather not mention....that didn't really offer the level of expertise or the level of service I was looking for. .

See that's just what I wanna know!:confused: Save me the trouble! But I understand why you don't wanna post a negative appraisal of a company.

It's really a bind, isn't it? Post at your peril, as it were! Everyone wants to fleece some info off you. :D Especially cases like me!

Anyway, I am coming around to a better viewpoint thanks to these type of threads. But I'm thinking of it too much!

Its never proper to speak poorly of any particular firm. I'd rather chose to praise the company that I went with.

I realize it not as juicy but I can say its the best way to avoid some nonsensical internet forum flame war.

Its not as much fun etc...but its really the manner in which I would prefer to travel.

Jon, This is what Minneapolis are doing. See what I mean!! HIS, this stuff? No where in sight. This is a massive difference. For guys with scars, this is the stuff we need! Why won't HIS do it? that is the question>

Damn it, my screen capture wouldn't paste in this box. Well it would, and when I pressed post, it vanished. Well, if you have a chance, check the GoodLook Ink sight and see specifically two guys in their gallery - it's on the opening page - check it out man, it is amazing that these guys have hair AND tatts. And it is amazing that HIS don't. And it is amazing that some guys don't seem to care or blow it off. Hightopfade seem to think it was no big deal. It is a BIG deal.

Jon., Are you kidding me?? I haven't found anything!! I'm not happy with any service!!:confused:

I just saw a website where guys have hair at a substantial length (I mean less than an inch, but hair!) and I wanted your comment, because it's a massive difference for guys with HT scars and an HT hairline they don't wanna shave off.

So you don't want to check the picture and discuss it. Fair enough, no problem from me. But it is a discussion board, and, well, I like to raise issues and discuss them.

But I am far from arriving at 'a home' with this, and that is why I raised the issue. What's going on? Anyone out there care to comment.

So far, HIS = Skinhead, GLI = skinhead or short hair.

I wrote up in another thread, I think I know why. I think it's just HIS having light tones and not giving creative license away to cheaply to their agents around the globe. (Fair enough too) But If I'm on my own, and can get no feedback from you guys, I guess I'm not getting anywhere with this discussion I hoped to open.

Thanks anyway

Scar man..

I don't know what your talking about. Your sort of making up your own assumptions and I don't personally have the answers for you.

My suggestion is if your looking for answers....to speak with, have consultations with and meet clients who have had similiar desires...Ie. Long hair and want to get scar coverage..

I'm not that guy because I didn't have scars so I can't answer your question.

I can tell you the HIS service exceeded expectations along with just about every other client that posts up on that HIS forum. Your better off asking your questions to those guys or better yet...have a consultation via skype and then in person with the HIS people..

Again..please accept my apologies...I don't know anything really about scar work because I don't have any scars and didn't do the research..

Tons of guys have scar resolution with HIS but you really need to communicate directly with the HIS staff via consultation ..

Good luck in deciding if you want to spend the coin to cover a scar thats already been covered with hair....

JB

I would suggest strongly that I chose HIS MHT organization for a reason. The nearly 10 year reputation to meet and exceed expectations and the results are long lasting so my suggestion would be to always consider that factor in making your decision.

The world wide staff across the globe with HIS is intensively trained to do this work and that training makes it such that no one is allowed to work without completing the apprenticeship where with their mentor working alongside they gain the knowledge and ability to properly achieve client satisfaction. There is a reason for this. Meeting and exceeding client expecations is a key element to HIS business ethic.

The HIS lnks last a many many years so again I tend to think the information you are repeating is inaccurate. In addition to that.. clients always have the option of going for changes in shape or shade or just maintaince if need be. I tend to believe you are getting incorrect information so I hope I'm assisting you find the actual information.

Still I recommend going to the company representatives to gather facts from them. I did my research and I feel completely comfortable with my choice.

I hate to go on and on about this fine company so I suggest anyone considering micro pigmentation that they at the very least spend some time on the HIS forum to get a good indication of what to expect in this area of resolving MPB..

I'm sure there are companies out there that might do a fine job. I would just suggest speaking to and meeting with other clients to gather real information. Once you do that you will know what the right choice to make.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Since I've had such wonderful experiences with HIS in NYC...and while I was there..there was another gentleman from the mid west who would fly in and stay in a hotel. If you are asking my recommendation...? I recommend who this gentleman chose as did I for a reason.

Do your research and consider spending time on various vendors website and forums. Meet people in person who have had each companies service. That will be among your best way to decide what to do..

I know it might be difficult but this is something you are going to live wth for quite some time.

JMO

Thanks JMO, you have been very helpful!!!

My pleasure to help out another person who is questioning what they should do with regards to their options of male pattern baldness.

I would suggest I'm pleased with the HIS service and the end result that I have come back to the various forums where I found some information on the process so that others could have a more direct link to gather information and make a decision..

Like I mentioned earlier...hair transplants are right for certain individuals..as might HIS MHT for others.

I happen to fall in the camp where I just didn't want to go for the 2 or 3 hair transplants to achieve what I wanted....I am forever grateful for the honest hair transplant doctors who I met with who gave me open answers to realistic results for me..

I took that information and although I went a different route....I repect the doctors I met with and understand that for some people the treatment process might be more immediate.

I have a handicapped child that I just didn't feel I wanted to focus on myself for several years worth of hair transplants..

I believe I made the right decision for myself.

That crazy bastard of a kid is up since 4:30 am this morning which is why I've taken a few minutes to post up a response to this thread so early in the Am..

With HIS... I have a completely undetectible hair line that just looks like I personally chose to keep my hair short.

Good luck deciding what is best for you.

JB

Thanks Jon,

Scar man..

My suggestion... consultations with and meet clients who have had similiar desires..

JB

No dice there Jon. All of the pics from HIS are skinheads. They SAY they can combine with HT in their sales material, but there isn't anyone in the whole HIS world with hair and tatts that I can see.

Isn't it amazing that the other guys have hairy heads and HIS doesn't, so that is the riddle I wanna solve.

Sorry to be an ass, but you say research is important, but then say you don't care about the technical aspects of it at all, color and needles etc., because you are a client and you leave it to them. I think you made a lot of assumptions actually.

You say meeting clients is important, but how many clients did you meet before deciding on HIS?

It looks more and more like you had faith in HIS based on their good demeanor and business practice and that gave you the faith to go ahead with them at a clinic that must have been operating barely for days. But I should remember you said that you participated in their forum so, I guess I have to retract that because you would have found out a lot of stuff from other pateints.

I wanted to ask you for the dirt - I know scars aren't your concern (lucky for you) - but, general stuff you won't discuss anything negative or dubious you discovered so no dice there either.

I am really happy for you though buddy. I mean that. Just my own frustration coming through. It's just hard getting a discussion going in here when everybody is just praising a clinic, doctor, sales representative etc., but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Just now, we have Dr. Feller, I read, taking a patient to court for saying something wrong on a forum. Scarey stuff. Don't blame you man.

And all the best.

Scar man..

Good luck in deciding if you want to spend the coin to cover a scar thats already been covered with hair....

JB

Here is my rationale. Ink the bald areas on top and the scars. If it looks good, grow it a little. If not, buzz to skin head and hope like hell the scars are OK.

HIS say it's skin head or nothing. Goodlook have pics of hair is cool. Go figure.

Edited by scar5
wrong clinic name, Goodlook

Scar5,

On the HIS site if you look there were gentlemen who had much longer hair than I do and they used the HIS service to do exactly what you are describing.

I read it but don't remember where on the HIS site.. so its best to contact the HIS guys directly...

If I come across it again...I'll post up for you...but again...if you just asked them...they can probably direct you right to that particular case etc..

One thing to consider........is the MHT type service truly is often times best served with the hair style shown throughout the site..

My advice is to be very careful of businesses that promise you the service you are looking for without first seeing a pattern of success first hand.. and having a personal consultation.

In totally different areas of life....my suggestion is to remember its always easy to have a business sell you something....but another thing to actually have them deliver what you are paying for.

For the hair style that I have.. the HIS service has delivered for me without question.

For what you are asking for....I' believe you need to speak directly with the HIS personel....so they could better direct you.

I did see a case study where they had the guy with hair probably 3 inches long on his head...and he used the HIS service in certain areas to get better density....and coverage....

Its not the norm as most guys are higher up on the norwood scale with greater balding issues.. who then use HIS service MHT for that short hair shaved head look..

If I find it over at their website I'll let you know..I recently found the search feature on their website so maybe I'll give it a shot for you.

I've been looking and I can't find the photos and the story of the guy who had long hair and just used the MHT process to fill in areas..

I remember it was on the site and I posted up a thread in case any of the other guys remember the thread..

If you can..its best to just call the guys who work for HIS and they probably can find an answer for you faster than I can..

I got a headache trying to use that search feature..LOL I tried for you buddy!

Have a nice day.

JB

here's the link..I couldn't find it but one of the other members who I asked was nice enough to find it for you.

I hope this gives insight to your question...

Its a gentleman with longer hair that used MHT from HIS to give him the look he wanted which I think is similiar to what you are asking for?

**link removed by Moderator**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Jon,

While you're more than welcome to share your genuine experience on the forums, please keep in mind that we do not host outside links or promotional material of any nature.

Furthermore, all members with an affiliation to a hair restoration organization (e.g. consultant for a hair restoration clinic) need to include this information in their discussion forum signature.

Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Please accept my apologies..you were so nice when you suggested I post up photos of the work I had done at HIS...and then I got some compliments here...and then scar5 was asking repeatedly about possibly using this type of technique and I seen a thread about it on the other forum I belong to...I put a post on that other forum looking for the gentleman who used MHT to "fill in" with the only aim being to help Scar5..

I don't work these guys....I'm not a consultant for them. I'm just a guy whose "paying it forward " so to speak...the cool new look I got and really it came from searching on nice forums like this one early on...

So I'm just passing information along.

For the gentleman who go with hair transplants I totally respect that and I even met some of the very well respected hair transplant doctors in the tri state area and although I chose to go another route....these well respected doctors...Dr. Feller, Dr. True ..(not so much the dr in englewood NJ) and even Dr. Epsiten who was willing to meet with me except we had a terrible snow store the week of our planned appointment. They were all three gentleman who told me straight that I would probably need more than one Hair transplant.. possibly three..

At 52 years old...I'm not a movie star..I don't play one on tv.. When I had my full head of hair it wasn't flowing beautiful hair like so many people have.. It was a course hair type and I had to style it pretty much so it was a pain in the butt..

Looking at 12 to 15 grand...and possibly three hair transplants meant 36 to 45 grand? and three years of my life... Even though I"m quite well off....and have the money laying around...it just wasn't for me when I considered the down time..

I have a handicapped kid and I really didn't feel the entire possible Hair transplant process was for me..

So I chose to go with this HIS MHT process.. and I'm happy..

Again..I apologize for the link to another site.....I really did it as a favor to scar5 as we had been discussing this back and forth over time.. and I just wanted to try and help him..

I happen to be one of those guys who often times can be referred to as a gentleman who goes the extra step and attempts to help another human being for no personal benefit...(I know in this crazy world we live in thats somewhat rare)

Good luck with whatever path you guys take.. I hope my sincerity (SP) came through appropriately on this forum post and I totally understand what I have done is relatively out of the box type of solution that many will not chose for themselves.

for those that do..always please feel free to contact me...because thinking back if it weren't for the few guys that did it for me when I was looking for a solution to my MPB...I wouldn't have found the solution that I did and I wouldn't be so happy with the end result..

Have a nice day and thank you for understanding where I'm coming from.

JB

Jon,

While you're more than welcome to share your genuine experience on the forums, please keep in mind that we do not host outside links or promotional material of any nature.

Furthermore, all members with an affiliation to a hair restoration organization (e.g. consultant for a hair restoration clinic) need to include this information in their discussion forum signature.

Thanks.