scalp tattoo shading/tinting

candoo

I am actually interested in this procedure, but call me an old cynic, I mean what 'real client’ would be posting on an internet forum within minutes of having the procedure done at the studio in question. The whole story smells rather fishy to me. Hence for that reason I will not be going anywhere near Artistry Concepts.

This now leaves 2 other companies who I have come across, His Hair Clinic (Birmingham) and Headstyle (Spain) who carry out this kind of work. Both of them have pictures on their sites, some of which actually look quite good, none the less I would want to meet their REAL clients before I make a decision of any kind.

Does anyone have any REAL personal experience in regards to either of these companies?

I agree totally... you can't sign in as a guest. You actually have to create an account with a real e-mail, etc. etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a surgeon who has practiced cosmetic surgery for over twenty years, my practice never included HT. For the last 13 years I have performed permanent make-up tattooing, in the last 5 years I have done this exclusively. I have thoroughly researched the use of tattooing in the setting of thinning or balding hair patients. I came across this discussion and thought I could probably learn something as well as contribute my own experience and knowledge. To understand the rationale for Pigment Substitution Hair Replacement Treatment "PSHRT" you must understand two basics, pixelation and illusion. I am sure most of you have seen the street art of the person who develops a chalk drawing on concrete that appears to be 3-dimensional. This is the illusion portion, proper shading, dimension and positioning will tell your brain that the image is real - no matter that you see it on a two dimensional surface, this works and is not disputed. The second component is pixels. If you have a good television, you are completely unaware of the millions of "dots" which comprise your picture - yet that is all it is, a group of dots making your brain see an image as a whole - thus the illusion again.

In cosmetic tattooing there are several considerations. First, the colors must match the subject and appear realistic and true to the canvas upon which they are placed. Second, the dots ( or pixels ) must be of the appropriate size and spacing to create the desired image, in this case a head of hair. Of course the tattoo dots cannot be made three dimensional, but they can be given the appearance of a 3 dimensional hair - the more talented the artist, the more "length they can create from pigment." There is definitely a limit to how much appearance of length can be created. Certainly a #1 shave can easily be matched, a #2 or #3 is much more difficult. The pigments used today can withstand sun and other insults while maintaining their true color much longer than in the past, also touch-ups can be performed to restore the color intensity.

As to what the tattooing is good for, I have seen and done completely bald individuals who were given a completely masculine hair line, they had to maintain any remaining hair very short, but they were happy with the outer perimeter change. Anyone with thinning or a harvest scar can have extremely good results without having to always maintain a shaved head. Color matching is critical and should not be rushed. Women are exceptionally good candidates because the tattooer is simply darkening the canvas to match the remaining hair,

there is usually enough hair to make the color the important correction - no need to shorten the hair when there are only patches of thinning or hair loss.

The advantages of "PSHRT" are

1. Minimal risk, no incision, local anaesthetic,

2. Healing time of 2-4 days, most patients able to return to normal activities by 2 days.

3. Cost is less, generally about 1/3 that of surgical HT.

4. It can be simply updated, color restored , not dependent upon donor tissue, color can be altered as chosen by the client.

5. No waiting for the grafts to "mature" or grow-in.

6. Far less risk of infection.

7. No need for ongoing medication with their concomitant side-effects.

8. Excellent option for thinning or patchy baldness.

The disadvantages of ""PSHRT" are

1. Not real hair.

2. Not real hair.

3. Cannot create significant length appearance.

4. Must maintain close shaved appearance for total baldness.

5. Requires great skill on the part of the tattoo artist.

6. Color and pattern creation are a highly developed art and most tattooers have no understanding of the skill which must be maintained in order to create truly remarkable hair appearance.

7. As one of you pointed out, if you later decide to undergo surgical transplant, the donor area would transfer any pigment placed in that area to the recipient area, causing an noticeable color difference.

I am certain that I am forgetting to mention several things, but perhaps this will help to begin the discussion on a much more objective level. Best of luck to all of us seeking to address this problem of not enough hair on our heads and too much hair elsewhere on our bodies.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm too lazy to take pictures but I will say that micropigmentation definitely works to cover up the hair transplant scar especially if you have black hair and light scalp. Even under scrutiny you can't tell that it is there. It does get costly as I paid over $1000 for 3 sessions. It also seemed to make the hairs under the tattoo fall out due to shock loss (for me) but most of it has grown back.

• 4 months later...

I just got the MHT treatment in New York City by HIS and it worked awesome. I was a norwood 5 going to 6 and previously a slave to courvre toppik and hair gel.

Now this is not a hair transplant so I am happily wearing a very short clean crisp hairstyle.

I only mention this for those that want that type of look.

If you are interested as I was a year or so back...I kept hitting google till the cow's came home. I found that google hit up with HIS hair tattoo clinic offered me the opportunity view the HIS forum and learn more.

Oct.3 rd they opened the NY city clinic and I made sure I was one of their first customers. I posted a blog of my experience along with photos so if you are interested.. I recommend you check that site out.

This obviously is NOT a hair transplant..so remember you need to realize the hair must be in the very short look. I never had that look before and I'm 52 years old...Still I felt this was a direction I wanted to go towards.

I have a severly handicapped child and really could not even after meeting three well respected and very nice Hair transplant surgeons... They were so nice. They were so straight forward with what the entire procedure would entail and for those that move forward in that direct. I totally understand and respect that..

Meanwhile for me. I could not give that time to myself with regards to recovery time so I headed my search in a new direction.

I am glad to say as many others who have been a reciepant of this procedure in europe for almost a decade.. This process is very efficient and extremely realistic...

No one in the past 2 weeks can tell its not real. Even my wife who was skeptic is digging this. My wife who said I looked fine as I was...says she is very proud that would have the guts to go with such a cutting edge treatment and she says I look very handsome.

If any of you are interested in hearing my further insights..feel free to ask me here or head over to HIS MHT forum.

I hope its ok I mention this new treatment I just underwent but its really amazing and now its available either on the west coast in california or the east coast office in NY City on fifth ave.

I am very pleased with this gentlemen service. The organization has a business ethic and a MHT protocol that is above reproach.

I hope this has helped anyone wondering about tattoo process for a new look to deal with Male pattern baldness in a relatively out of the box meathod.

I even believe those who have concerns with density might consider this as an alternative.

supposedly I had less available donor hair than needed so I would have had to go through 2 or 3 transplant surgeries over 2 or three years.. which is something I did not want to do. if I wanted the density I had on other parts of my head previous to going HIS MHT.

Edited by Jon B.

Rev,

Very thorough post. Thank you for sharing this information!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

good luck - i am considering this too or a hair piece and cant decide which way to go and then when i do choose what company to choose and what the costs are. Be good to know how you get on and in the meantime if any one can recommend other companies for hair pieces or tattoo at sensible prices i would be v grateful.

Craig,

I can't tell you which is better for you. I can say for me it worked out better to go with the guys over at HIS and their new NY city clinic.

The new found freedom is greatly appreciated and for me...the look is kind of cool. At 52 years old the short crisp clean look fits me and my life style.

I suggest for pricing and photos of my before and after you google HIS Hair Tattoo clinic ...and check out the 6 page blog I created over the past two weeks..

Then decide for yourself whats best for you.

JB

• 2 weeks later...
thanks will do - what other companies are there so i can compare prices? thanks

Just as you would chose the best hair transplant practioner...ie doctor for a hair transplant.. I would be very careful shopping by price.

I don't like to say bad things about a guy in florida or a firm in australia where I got phoney emails asking for help way before I even did this HIS service and at first they were asking questions an then when I mentioned either the one in florida or the one in austrailia who was coming to america one week at a time for a temporary clinic...

All of a sudden I would be shifted to the other. It was really a bizare experience ....

One of these two companies was trying to get me to give them thousands of dollars worth of a deposit to "lock" in their treatment.....

this was all nonsense and I do recommend being careful just as you would for a hair transplant and chose the practiioners who have a reputation of results. Chose a practioner who can show you previous work both in photos (with the permission of the client) as well as put you in touch with people who have had the service done and get to hear and see for yourself their impression of this service.

I hope this helps and if your in the area of a HIS clinic...ie. NYC or LA? then make an appointment for a free consultation.

Hell if your in Northern NJ and want to buy me a cup of coffee...Just shoot me an email with your phone number and we can meet up at any one of a million star bucks....

I got a smokin hot sports car which I enjoy driving so if your not to far maybe we can meet halfway....

thats my "pay it forward " to the gentleman back last april who took the time to meet me so I could see how cool his HIS service looked.

Take me up on my offer if your relatively local... (I prefer coffee shops where I can park easily) but definitely head over to the HIS forum and check out the conversations.. and photos too..

About a year ago...in m search I stumbled across the website...so let me tell you again what I google on the computer to get to that website...

HIS Hair tattoo Clinic forum You type those words and that will get you there...

This cost me about 15 percent of what the hair transplant doctors quoted me to get complete FUE coverage for my MPB.

I didn't do the HIS because of the price though as I had the money set aside after 12 years of balding.. I did the HIS because I thought it was a cool look. I didn't want to deal with the recovery time associated with a hair transplant...

I'm not a movie star and I don't play one on tv so I just thought..I'd go MHT and then if I tire of it down the road if the doctors ever finally perfect cloning I could go that route..

Guess what? I am so happy....with my final results...I'll never need to have a hair transplant.. so for me it was a big win.

I post this stuff up so guys can narrow down their choices easily ..

for each person.....there are seperate best decisions and choices

for me...HIS Microhair pigmentation has been a great decision for me.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

JB

man..... this is soooo an advert !

i'm always suspicious to glowing testomonies without pics .

have you got any pictures to back up your praise ?

thanks

richie

Richie..

I'm not an advertisment... I' telling the real deal story. I visited Dr. Feller out in Great Neck and he was a very nice guy. I also visited Dr. Doren in manhattan.

I met some Doctor in Englewood NJ who I'm glad I didn't go with.

I have the highest respect for both Dr. Feller and Dr. Dorin... They were straightforward and honest with their appraisel of what they could and could not do for me with the first and then possibly the second and third hair transplant sessions.

For that I will always be grateful. I chose a different path that quite frankly has been great for me.

I don't suggest that hair transplants with the proper surgeons mentioned above would not be a great way for many to go.

I personally chose a different path and I am digging the look.

I believe that I answered the gentlemans question fairly when I suggested not to shop by price alone. There are some real hacks out there and I would not want to give my opinion on the subject.

Feel free for anyone to pM me there phone number and I'd be happy to speak with them about it.

About a year or so ago when I started my journey to find out about MHT...there wasn't anybody who really knew too much and I worked hard to get to the place where I am today.

I'm just offering up information to make the journey that much easier than I had it... I thought that this is what this particular part of the forum was for.

If its not and its only about hair transplants specifically...please accept my apology.

I still wonder and believe that for those undergoing fue hair transplants..there is a place where MHT can come into play to help create the higher density that many desire..

But then remember I was a norwood 5 or just about 6 artfully using couvre, then hair gel...the toppik and then hair spray as a concealer so I have no bones about thinking outside the box a bit.

Good luck guys and if you have any questions...post up or shoot me a pm. I'm just a guy like you ...hanging back wondering what the hell to do...

I took a cool path and I'm just sharing it with you...if your interested...

JB

btw...I don't think this forum would like me to create a link to my photos or my blog over at HIS forum so my suggestion would stand to google HIS hair tattoo clinic forum as that always worked for me..

then you can see my before and after photos as well as my personal journey and concerns as I went through this process...

Its like seven pages at this point so I can't just copy and paste it here as that would be kind of rude to this wonderful site.

I think with proper decorum I can give the google words that should bring you to that site where my story...but copy and pasting would be in poor taste.

This Micro hair pigmentation service is clearly not for everyone....yet it is an option that I feel has worked for me and so for those interested...check out that case study thats there....and if your in the Northern NJ area and you want to check it out in person...buy me a cup of coffee at a star bucks and you'll see first hand what it looks like and how it came out..

Like I said earlier ...its my way to pay it forward to the gentleman who did that for me back in april of last year.

Seeing in real life is believing..and all I'm getting is complements..

JB

If you'd feel better if I bitched a little bit...I hated getting up at 5 am to get on the road and across the George washington bridge by 6.45 so I could beat the traffic into manhattan...and then parking in the city was 25 bucks each one of the three sessions except for the fact..the last of the three sessions some truck last friday got stuck under the apartments with its roof pulling off ceiling tiles so there was a minimum of a 90 minute delay...so headed over to the linclon tunnel like very other commuter..

I then had the idea to take the ferry over from weehauken and it all worked out pretty well.

I just took the free ferry bus from the ferry terminal over to 23rd street and fifth avenue..walked about 5 blocks to the HIs office between 17th and 18th street on fifth avenue..

Just so you hear some more complaints...as I was done..I waited for about a half an hour for the free ferry bus on the corner of 23rd and fifth and the free bus never came.

I just hopped in a cab for 12 bucks back to the ferry and finished off my day in NJ.

Sound more realistic now that you hear my bitching..LOL

I understand my enthusiasm in my earlier post may be a little over the top...but remember...I easily resolved my Male pattern baldness issue pretty easily so I'm a little pumped up with excitment..

12 years of losing my hair and using courvre, toppik and gel to get decent coverage are over!!!

Its a pretty freeing experience and thats what your picking up on...

See ya over at the other forum hopefully to examine my photos and my journey along the way if your interested..

Its just another option beyond hair transplants...

Not a replacement for many who chose the hair transplant path.

JB

Hey Jon B,

Thanks for posting about your experience at HIS. I gotta ask u, if u don't mind, what do u think of the group up in Minneapolis, called GoodLook Ink.?

The reason I ask, is that they have different techniques and a different approach to hair than HIS and I wonder how u weighed that up. It might help me decide.

1) HIS tends to go for the 2D shaved look, where as GLI lets u grow hair to add texture to the ink. Just check out their boss Darrin and compare it to HIS's boss Ian.

2) Another thing different is the needle depth, deeper at GLI?? I think?? what do u make of that? Dangerous? Better lasting? More likely to spread at deeper levels?

3) And finally, HIS is an franchise, a chain which has rapidly expanded (I almost said exploded) across the globe, just in the last few months alone. So u don't know who will b ur tech. Much like a Bosley or Armani chain.

PS. Also did they graduate with different ink tones around your scalp or use one color?

Thanks. :)especially if you r willing yo answer questions and help us out.

Hey Jon B,

Thanks for posting about your experience at HIS. I gotta ask u, if u don't mind, what do u think of the group up in Minneapolis, called GoodLook Ink.?

I didn't think they were a player in the same league but they may be very good.

The reason I ask, is that they have different techniques and a different approach to hair than HIS and I wonder how u weighed that up. It might help me decide.

1) HIS tends to go for the 2D shaved look, where as GLI lets u grow hair to add texture to the ink. Just check out their boss Darrin and compare it to HIS's boss Ian.

I don't see how but good luck to those who try it.

Ian Watson is in my opinion quite the handsome gentleman as I saw him in the office while the technicians were working on clients. I was among the first to the NY City office as I had seen the work first hand twice prior and was quite impressed with real world results. Thats why I'm posting here. Just to pay it forward so to speak.

2) Another thing different is the needle depth, deeper at GLI?? I think?? what do u make of that? Dangerous? Better lasting? More likely to spread at deeper levels?

Needle depth? I don't know.

I do know I was ready with some type of numbing creame my wife gave me in case it was painful .. It wasn't for me and I joked it was because I"m married almost 20 years so I must be impervious to pain...

I have no idea about needle depth. I do know I look pretty dam good and its a totally natural look.

3) And finally, HIS is an franchise, a chain which has rapidly expanded (I almost said exploded) across the globe, just in the last few months alone. So u don't know who will b ur tech. Much like a Bosley or Armani chain.

No its not a franchise. These are all owned and operated as one global organization. or something like that....I met the two owners from England they are both very nice and very intense people who are driven to deliver excellence and in my opinion.....it is the happyness they see when the HIS MHT process is complete that truly drives them further and further to expand across the globe. (I'm sure the profit they earn is a motivating factor as well but of course thats true for everyone who works hard)

I do know the clinic specialists all undergo many many months of extensive training and they are excellent. This is in my opinion a true gentlemans service that properly and carely meet and exceeded my expectations.

PS. Also did they graduate with different ink tones around your scalp or use one color?

I'm a client. I let the technicians do what they do best. I didn't micromanage my HIS service. Nor did I need to know what ink tones were used. (It wouldn't mean anything to me as I'm just concerned about the final outcome which is great)

. What I did do is after the first treatment...was follow their simple after care directions...and then returned 4 days later. In the second visit they made suggestions on expanding the look and we spoke about what I liked and what I wanted.

The very nice part of the HIS service is although they are true professionals. I found they were very good listeners to what I wanted. That was the key to achieving the goal of what I had in mind for my look. ( I didn't expand the front further outward as some like and kept the left and right corners in the front as they were designed on the first day which I thought suited me personally )

Thanks. :)especially if you r willing yo answer questions and help us out.

The HIS service is a two or three step process that continues to evolve the MHT process on each visits to deliver excellence. The two or three visit process to the HIS clinic is a progression for each individual. specific look.

I can only speak of how well I was treated. How talented and how pleasant everyone at HIS is. I can say the outcome is flawless and as long as you understand....this is a service that allows you the look of a gentleman who has a full head of hair and has chosen to shave it down for that clean crisp look...that still shows your full hair line quite well.

Its a very comfortable and quite professional look that I am enjoying. Its easy and there is very little after care. Other than catching the flu which had nothing to do with the HIS service..my life is mine from the day after the first service.

The evolution continued in the second and then the third service and I couldn't be happier.

I hope this helps those who are looking for various opportunities we each have available to chose from.

Edited by Jon B.

Jon,

You're more than welcome to share your photographs with the community. Please do so by creating a hair loss weblog, adding photographs to your social profile, or attaching photographs to this thread. However, please make sure these photographs are legitimate and not of a promotional nature. Furthermore, third-party links will be removed.

Thanks! Please contact me if you need help sharing these photographs.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I hope this helps those who are looking for various opportunities we each have available to chose from.

So you are signing off? Too bad, I wanted to ask you more. You were beaming with good news!:)

You said: I didn't think GLI were in the same ballpark so I didn't bother checking.

I say: Fair enough. That explains why you didn't see guys with hair and tatts.

Do you know GLI say they do patients pre-HT transplant!!

You said: I don't know about needle depth

I say: Me too, but I suspect HIS is shallow. GLI is mid. AConcpts deep

Shallow = less spread, subtle, fast fade.

You say: HIS is not a franchise.

I say: Wrong.

You say: HIS technicians do extensive training for months

I say: To get the franchise, the 'allotted' technician must spend two weeks in

Birmingham at HIS training clinic

Anyway, seeming as you look like you are moving on, I wanna wish you the best and thanks again for posting. Take no notice of those who say you are promoting. The amount of gushing that flows in the direction of certain sponsored clinics and their industrious PR men on all sites could turn the turbines of generators in heaven.

At the moment, HIS is/was my best, but GLI is now hot on its heals. GLI has the advantgae of not being a franchise, so you know the techs will be the same, you know who you will get, plus you can grow hair, BUT, the rapid one-shot system, deeper needles thing and whether they graduate colors has got me digging deeper.

I love this concept and I applaud HIS and GLI etc. I hope they get it right. But I just want to put the merchandise on display so us scarred up people, with heads butchered by so called respectable strip surgeons have another chance in life..

So bravo to HIS and GLI

But just in case you think I'm making it up,

Licensing requires that you or your allocated practitioner attend a full two week residential training course, at our Birmingham Training Academy in the United Kingdom.

The course includes a substantial amount of time dedicated to acquiring practical hands-on experience, enabling your staff to practice the technique on real-life volunteer clients. On-site accommodation is provided for the duration of the course.

Upon successful completion of the official MHT in-house training course, whilst we are always on hand to provide advice and support when required, Licensees and Franchisees will be provided with a fully comprehensive operations manual and supporting DVD for your reference, enabling you to refresh your knowledge on a particular area should you deem it necessary.

Following your training we will attend your clinic, wherever you are based, to provide on-site advice, support and assessments.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Hi guys..I wasn't moving on...I just answered the questions you gave and thought I was helping.

If you chose to use that other firm and your satisfied with their results then I am happy for you.

Just as I would expect you would be happy for me and the results I acheived with what I believe to be a somewhat cutting edge solution to Male Pattern baldness.

To the gentleman who would like to see my before and after photos that I took.. I would suggest googling the forum that I mentioned above.

HIS hair MHT clinic forum should do the trick.

My severly handicapped teenage son has special needs basketball now so I got to take him which will let me think about whether I want to post up photos here or rather just direct you to the site I mentioned ..

Remember I'm just a guy who found a solution and was passing it along to you guys as I did search this form a year or so ago for solutions and thought I was doing a good thing here letting you guys know what I found for myself.

Its undetectible and it looks pretty dam good.

I'm back...from taking the kid to basketball. ...I thought about it and there is literally 7 pages or 194 posts on the thread ..you can see it by going to Jon's case study...

I'd prefer not to post my photos up and I am sure you can understand..

If your interested all my impressions and my photos are up .again..just if your interested...

Maybe as time goes on...I'll be less shy about posting photos...but for right now..I didn't want to post photos of myself all over the net if you get my drift.

I'm just trying to help those who might consider this as an alternative option when weighing in on whether to do nothing...to do a hair transplant...or possibly this kind of cool option that I chose.

JB

I was watching tv with my wife and decided what the hell..I'll post a few photos..

I created an album with only a few photos but I believe it will begin to show the value of this Micropigmentation process that I had done at the HIS clinic in New York City. (they just opened this office this month but have offices all around the globe and despite what Scar5 typed in..I did not get the impression this was a franchise. I got more of a feeling that this was a single entity owned by the two nice people and then they had a lot of well trained staff around the globe..)

As a client ...I can only state that I am super pleased with the end result and the service I recieved at HIS getting this done.

For those shopping various choices all I am suggesting is check these guys out as I'm digging this new look.

Hope this helps any of you guys looking for a solution to male pattern baldness.

This is not to say hair transplants aren't a great option for many...and the same for other companies etc. that might be out there. I just did my research...decided what was best for me...and have had a successful and pleasant experience that met and exceeded my expectations..!

I am so glad I can dump that couvre and toppik rountine..I'm dancing on the moon! The freedom is awesome so please accept my apologies if I sound too happy!

Its a cool look...no maintaince.. and all I do in the morning is brush my teeth, wash my face and I'm out the door! I don't have to worry that the pillow case has smudges on it from the couvre and toppik because I NEVER HAVE TO USE THAT STUFF AGAIN!!!

Please be considerate of your opinions of my few photos. I'm just a guy like you guys...sharing and not really looking for a hassle. I just want guys who might be in the future in a similiar position as me...to not have to work as hard to decide whats the right thing for them.

I hope this makes sense. Have a nice evening...and like I said....there are tons of great ways to go. Never just one right answer for everyone..

Good luck

JB

Looking good Jon, glad you are so happy.

Well, I am in a different boat to you, I could never have such a close shave with my scars, so I am looking for a bit more of a texture to mix with the ink. Besides, my hairline is good. It's what is behind is the problem.

Looks like they went pretty light with the ink on you there too. Glad you don't to worry about the courve etc. anymore.

Oh BTW,

..and despite what Scar5 typed in..I did not get the impression this was a franchise. JB

I didn't type it in, I just got it off their website and pasted, that's all. I didn't change a word of it.

BTW, I don't carry any weight around here, and frankly I shouldn't because, I don't pastes pictures and tell my story - I am not revealing my tracks, which makes me somewhat ..I dunno...(less than informative and some will say a menace), but for what it's worth, when I said 'Bravo to HIS and GLI', I think I am guilty of pumping it too much. Truth is, perhaps we are a way from finding out the long term prognosis for this treatment. I once wrote that pigment must migrate - it's a biological certainty, (as if I know) and somehow, I was convinced that with the new techniques, inks etc., they would be stable or fade. I honestly don't know.

I hope and if I were religious, I would prey it works, so I can walk around with my chin up someday.

Here's wishing all the guys in our boat good luck. I sure hope it works and doesn't leave us in another bind down the track.

Scar5

Thanks for the well wishes and the compliments. I'm real happy with the end results. I didn't even realize at the time how annoying my life had become over the 12 years or so of using couvre and toppik...

For the time that I used it..it was a god send...and it worked great...

I just have to say without needing it any more ...my life is sooo much easier.

As far as the franchise info based on the HIS website...Although it may be something down the road or it might in fact be used to more easily open global offices...for what its worth..I really did not get the impression this was a franchise operation.

I don't know if its a future plan...or an easier way to create new businesses around the globe but at the several visits I had during the three step process etc... I'm a pretty friendly and open person and I really got the impression from the technicians that worked on my head etc...that Ian Watson and his partner were in fact the owners of the global business they are building.

That doesn't mean down the road there could not be changes of course because if someone offers you enough money...I"m sure you would in fact sell your personal business should be in that position.. .... I have a feeling its a feeler on their website because the amount of information I got from the techs was that this is a family owned business type venture.

Enough of that nonsense because as a client...I'm more interested in the work that they did and even though I don't have any scars ...I think they do that work.....

One of the guys I met in April of 2010 was living in NY city....and he was nice enough to meet with me...and even though I was curious about how it looked in real life.....he looked great... and did talk about his large Hair transplant scar on the back of his head...

He was quite proud of the new hairline as his HT didn't work out well....and the coverage of his scar...which was pretty well hidden on him.. As a guy without a scar at the time myself...I didn't notice the scar and again politely listened to his total satisfaction ....about the entire job...

I mainly was listening to the hairline created on top though....and I'm being honest about that.

Everyone should definitely chose the path that is best for them. I just wanted to let some of the guys down the road who might google words in this thread to know....I personally had the HIS clinic service and it exceeded my expectations.

NO ONE CAN TELL and it really looks like I made the personal choice to shave my hair down to the length it is.. which I am glad I did..

Depending on where people live...I recommend meeting up with people who had this type of service.. hopefully seeing before and after photos from a free consult too if your looking for scar work correction.. (which I don't really know much about)

there is a popular gentleman on several balding forums who is over at the HIS forum looking to find a resolution for his scars ...Maybe you guys know him. He's very proud of being on various balding forums for over 10 years.. He's a little rough around the edges but he seems be sincere in his quest for scar work resolution. Maybe you guys know his forum ID as I don't even know his real name... its DHT assassin..if that helps