21 Months Post-OP (Dr. Feller, shedding, continued thinning, etc.)

OutFREAKing standing!

I love your hair style.

The highlights really help also.

You look great.

Congratulations Than!

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

thinkingaboutit made a great point about the gaps in the hairline. I think sometimes even good HT hairlines look a bit too straight. So an edge here and gap there doesn't make it look like a transplanted hairline, but rather a natural hairline.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thana

I think your hair looks great and the styling option you have chosen does indeed maximise the illusion of density. Your level headed and realistic approach to the future is also spot on.

The gaps in the hairline are not immediately apparent - I had to look twice. Such irregularity, in my view, looks more naturalistic.

May I also take the opportunity to thank you for your insightful posts on this forum: they have no doubt helped along many a prospective HT candidate as they have helped me.

Regards

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Two things:

1) I go through some horrible sheds myself, but my dermatologist told me that "the denser your hair, the more you shed." Then I thought about it and it's common sense: the more hair you have, the more hair you have growing at different rates and with different cycles.

2) When you color your hair, you often add protein (even lightening the hair does this now, because bleaching can often take away excess protein and leave the hair brittle--manufacturers have added protein to make hair thicker.) That's why coloring thinning hair can actually make it appear thicker.

OH! And:

3) As you mentioned, it's the ILLUSION of density... Therefore, there is actually only about 1/2 as much hair in some areas as it may seem, but that hair still sheds to continue growing. You see, less hair there when a shed happens (a natural shed) means that the shed appears worse than usual.

Your hair looks great, mate!

Thx to everyone for the appreciative and informative comments, truly! I'll indeed be paying Dr. Feller a visit soon for a check-up and to get his expert take upon seeing me in the flesh, and I'll report back.

I think what Dr. Feller surmised to be correct -- my hair has thinned/receeded further, and the proverbial Round 2 is coming closer. I'd *love* to delay this if possible, which is why I really feel I'll do PRP assuming Dr. Feller beleives I'm a solid candidate.

My gameplan, I think, will be PRP and to give things a bit more time.

I've been saying this a lot recently, but working candidly with your doctor on gameplanning your HT is crucial to its longterm success; Bill referred to the HT as a journey, and it's true. Dr. Feller really maxmimized my HT so as to allow me optimal success in the then-present and future, where I could style my hair in the way I liked best, also coinciding with how to best work *with* the HT and max out "the illusion".

Thanks again for all the supportive, appreciative, and informative comments. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Since there's been a lot of talk lately about all things "styling", I took some shots earlier after simply using my clay conditioner and shampoo, blowdrying, and using Dirt:

hairmops2001.jpg

hairmops2007.jpg

hairmops2006.jpg

Just hammer home the point once more that taking care of your HT to optimize it *isn't* some insane process, and the use of multiple products is totally optional, insofar as you have an idea of what you're doing and the products you do use are the right ones.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Thx to everyone for the appreciative and informative comments, truly! I'll indeed be paying Dr. Feller a visit soon for a check-up and to get his expert take upon seeing me in the flesh, and I'll report back.

I think what Dr. Feller surmised to be correct -- my hair has thinned/receeded further, and the proverbial Round 2 is coming closer. I'd *love* to delay this if possible, which is why I really feel I'll do PRP assuming Dr. Feller beleives I'm a solid candidate.

My gameplan, I think, will be PRP and to give things a bit more time.

I've been saying this a lot recently, but working candidly with your doctor on gameplanning your HT is crucial to its longterm success; Bill referred to the HT as a journey, and it's true. Dr. Feller really maxmimized my HT so as to allow me optimal success in the then-present and future, where I could style my hair in the way I liked best, also coinciding with how to best work *with* the HT and max out "the illusion".

Thanks again for all the supportive, appreciative, and informative comments. icon_smile.gif

I agree with you Than.

Your hair still looks great! If Dr Feller believes you qualify for PRP I would go that route and save your grafts for down the road.

I am going to print out your hair regimen and use it when I have more growth.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this info with us.

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

Well mate, the density is not perfect, but then again it looks better than 99% in here - including mine :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

The thought processes of some people really confuse me. Take MiketheDane for example:

Well mate, the density is not perfect, but then again it looks better than 99% in here - including mine :-)

The density is not perfect.....the desnity is not perfect......what value does this comment add knowing "perfect" density is never possible given the limits of supply and demand?

This is one of the best results ever (as you did mention) but seriously, Im really confused as to what thought process went on through your head when assessing the value-added of that perfect density comment.

Thana, your hair looks AMAZING. When girls (or men if you are homosexual) look at your hair, I have no doubt in my mind they think WOW, THATS COOL HAIR.

Bill, I learned the showboat tecniques from the masters! icon_biggrin.gif

Thx again for all the comments, guys; I'm really keen on doing PRP treatment with Dr. Feller, so my next update will likely be a PRP thread, which I think will be an asset to my hair and also the community.

-----------

Very much looking forward to a PRP thread from you Thana. The forum could certainly use a personal detailed account on that procedure.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by Ronald:

The thought processes of some people really confuse me. Take MiketheDane for example:

The density is not perfect.....the desnity is not perfect......what value does this comment add knowing "perfect" density is never possible given the limits of supply and demand?

This is one of the best results ever (as you did mention) but seriously, Im really confused as to what thought process went on through your head when assessing the value-added of that perfect density comment.

Thana, your hair looks AMAZING. When girls (or men if you are homosexual) look at your hair, I have no doubt in my mind they think WOW, THATS COOL HAIR.

I think you are misunderstanding. This is a great result, and if he leaves it like this i'm pretty sure noone can tell, because it looks natural.

But looking at the pictures, i think it does look like he has lost some native hair in the region in the past year or so. Thus it was more dense before. Therefore it is not 'perfect' anymore. That doesn't mean i'm suggesting him to densepack it with another 2000 grafts.

Perhaps you should do more research on what you are replying to, before insulting me and my thought process?

'Perfect' by all means is the illusion of perfection, and i have seen quiet a few post op's of a 'perfect' hairline. Thanas is still pretty close, but IMHO not quiet there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Personally, I was partial to the shave look you have in the two week time period after the surgery. It fit you quite well.

I myself am losing my hair like yours, where pretty much the front is disappearing. I do like very close, short hair cuts... probably because everyone in my family likes short haircuts (could it be because 90% of the men lost their hair???). I just want to reconstruct my hairline before I shave it down though, I hate having the awkward M shape to my head.