Is Dr. Epstein still among the best

Hoping

Your right GQ but it wasnt intentionally.

I dont want to yell at a grown man when he cant defend himself physically.

I also dont need to emphasize anything like hes a little kid

Im no internet gangster so I changed it .

Wanthairs is still complaining and bothered about Epstein that tells me alot

Oh yeah GQ the 80s called and they want there ghetto slang back.

At least you didnt say my post was off the hook icon_wink.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm afraid i'll have to take the page of thana's book and start reading some poetry then icon_biggrin.gif

who would mess with me then huh?

who dat? who dat?

i flip my tongue and sucka MC's dead. ya heard!

Your right GQ but it wasnt intentionally.

I dont want to yell at a grown man when he cant defend himself physically.

I also dont need to emphasize anything like hes a little kid

Im no internet gangster so I changed it .

i, on the oher hand am as gangster as they come. my thuggery knows no bounds son.. thank you for noting our differences PGP.... ALWAYS fun reading your posts.. and i DO emphasize ALWAYS... AND, do.....AND, and.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Wasnt meant to disparage you LMS.

It came out the wrong way.

You have your style for whatever reason but I was yelling with mine.

I know your a Utah boy and probably as suburban as they come. I would trust you with my wallet before some of the guys I know personally

Didnt mean to upset you if I did.

I apologize.

Yes this thread is dead because most dont have the balls or care to speak the truth

Glajo Im sorry you were ANOTHER Epstein victim .

This was from another poster who is a over a year growing and claims results are horrible.

To be fair I have never seen his pics but he is real and an Epstein patient I do know this

I left the posters name out but if this is how Epstein really is Id stay away ,far away.

This guys has got to be stopped at least being part of a network that prides itself on having the best of the best doctors.

==========================================================

Posted January 24, 2009 10:40 AM Hide Post

Youre right. Epstein is a strange cat. And an ass to boot.

He's so full of himself.

Then it all blew up on him with several cases all at once.

I did email Epstein pics this evening and he completely ignored me after going back and forth all afternoon (hoping for more delay, i.e. "come out to NYC").

I said lets cut to chase I'm sending photos and lets make a decision as to end game.

He never got back to me that night or all day Friday or today. And I know he's online 24/7.

To test, I had a friend contact him as a new patient on Friday, and he followed up w him in minutes as did whole team.

Yet ignored me. Unreal!

Thanks for listening. Have a great weekend.

Every time a patient complaint has arisen I recollect Epstein's arrogance and self-righteousness above all else. It doesn't surprise me in the least to hear that he's an alright guy until he isn't getting patted on the back. Even if we were seeing consistently good if not excellent results shown from him (and we aren't) this type of behavior demands accountability. I could be wrong -- and I'll 2x check later -- but I believe recently Bill inquired to Epstein about further explanation on his patient care and protocol....and it was met with silence.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Hoping:

Exactly Hairworthy. People will complain when their expectations are not met or for anything at all. Many people are hard to please. If you expect a full head of hair after a transplant you are bound to be disappointed no matter who did the work.

Also, if Epstein has had more than his fair share of complaints lately, I haven't been able to find them in the archives and I've looked. I see one or two guys complaining at best. So I have no idea where grow Grow is coming up with this stuff. Maybe he can prove what he says by giving us the actual names of the posters, making it easier to find them.

Finally, unless Epstein did his own transplant, it makes no sense to judge his own work by how happy he is with his transplant itself. Maybe he is very happy because he is in the field and knows what to reasonably have expected given his own situation.

That's the problem with this type of medium. It is great because there is now so much transparency. But on the other hand, no telling who the people are who are giving opinions, whether they have some sort of agenda or whether they are just malcontents. Any bozo with a computer can post on a site like this.

Wait, did I miss something? Dr. Epstein performed surgery on himself?

Clearly there has been a significant amount of attention and speculation generated by my name and work in recent months. It seems the busier my practice and more prominent my reputation becomes, the larger a target I am. I would like to put the comments and speculation being posted about me into perspective- as a number of them have been generated by people who are not my patients but are rather fueling a fire for a variety of reasons I am not really sure of, and others simply need to be told in the context of the entire situation- half of the story and half truths do not make for a basis upon which to judge anyone.

I have been a major fan of this site for a number of years. One limit of a site where individuals post comments is that there is often a lack of follow up to the story- when some comments are made at a certain time, and then there is no follow up from the patient or from the doctor who took care of that patient when with time there was further growth or the patient realized his/her expectations were unrealistic.

What makes the situation for physicians like myself very difficult is that there are HIPAA laws which prevent me from making any comments beyond what I am going to say. However, I would like to provide some follow up on the patients rehashed in this post who are claimed to be disappointed and abandoned.

Actually, ,they have been in regular communication with me - one who had his first procedure almost 2 years ago is now waiting for the results of his touch up procedure to grow out and is being worked-up by a colleague to determine if anything more than his wearing a hairpiece is cause for his delayed growth, one who had his procedure 2 years ago and last posted a year ago is planning on having a touch up procedure with me, one who had his procedure 2 years ago is happy with his final outcome, and one who had his surgery almost 2 years ago was referred to an overseas colleague who noted that his genetic condition (no further details I can provide) puts him at risk for scar widening- something this surgeon has seen before- and unfortunately may not be able to be helped any further.

Besides being in regular communication with me, what all 4 of these posters have in common was that their procedures were performed 20 plus months ago, and they represent a very small fraction (less than 0.4%) of all procedures I performed over the past 2 years. The only recent post was from the poster Glajo, who unfortunately gave little details to his situation- but I feel the need to provide some of these details while staying within HIPAA regulations: 1. I performed a reparative procedure on him almost 3 years ago to repair the results of terrible work including donor site scarring and unaesthetic appearances he had done by another surgeon years earlier when he was in his early 20s/late teen; 2. he had outstanding results from my work, for which he thanked and blessed me for repeatedly (on his chart are multiple emails thanking me for giving him back his life); 3. around 16 months ago he strongly requested that I perform another small procedure on him that resulted in what he felt was thinning in the donor area in the left temporal region. I have attached on this post close up photos of this area to let each reader decide for himself if in fact the patient has had a significant improvement, rather than a worsening in appearance of this area. To appease the patient, 8 months ago I performed a touch up FUE procedure, transplanting both scalp and beard donor hairs into the area of concern. 4. I have had to deal very delicately with this patient - and have been nothing but sensitive and caring with him, as I certainly try to be with all my patients, including most recently meeting with him and his mother , who had to take care of him after the severe emotional/psychological reaction he had over his initial poor work, performed by another surgeon, that resulted in him quitting school. This patient represents just one of the more than 350 patients on whom I have performed reparative procedures over the past 2 years- and I truly wish to help him achieve the best outcome.

I love my work, and I love the satisfaction that comes from making a positive difference in the lives of my patients. Over the past 2 years I have received over 200 unsolicited letters and emails from patients thanking me for their results- which can be viewed on my website along with over 700 sets of before and after patient photos.

I have always placed my patients' interests first, and provide all of them with my cellphone number and personal email address so that each of them can contact me anytime they have a concern.

While I respect the free flow of information on the Internet and certainly think it can be a great tool for education, unfortunately, at times it can serve as a source of misinformation or distorted information when not provided in its entirety or in context. It is unfortunate that while there are few limits on what can be said about a surgeon, there are many limits as to what a surgeon can disclose in response to try to tell the complete story. While I recognize that no surgeon can have 100% satisfaction with 100% of his or her patients, most of us do aspire to achieve this with our patients and I certainly will continue to help those patients that are not completely satisfied in light of realistic expectations, in any way that I can.

august_2006.JPG.92bbfcb9fcb948159d0327834af8612b.JPG

With all due respect weve heard this song and dance from you too many times.

I hope this was just a bunch of flukes and yes the more patients you do the greater the chance of these issues

Theres no denying there were quite a few complaints from your patients .

Who should we believe 6,7 guys/girls or one doc.

Hmmmm Ill go with the patients.

Good luck with the future as I believe you mean the very best just hit a huge bump in the road

Dr. Epstein,

I appreciate your posting on this thread, but the genuine concerns reported on this community by your patients over the last year have nothing to do with "targeting" you or your reputation. The fact is, our members have concerns due to the number of reported instances of problems and how they believe some of these concerns were handled. You've also left a number of questions unanswered on this thread, which in my opinion, is only exacerbating the concerns of our members.

Again, can you confirm whether or not "wanthairs" accepted your offer and went through with a second procedure with your clinic? If not, how was this situation handled and reconciled?

Also, can you please tell me how you took care of Irishlad and satisfied his concerns? View his hair loss weblog.

Regarding Glajo, the photos I've seen in private of his donor area 11 months after surgery show much more extensive "shock" loss than what you are portraying in your photos. Can you please explain this? Perhaps Glajo will post a photo example or if he gives me permission, I will.

If you recall, I've been in touch with you about many, but not all of these reported concerns privately. Glajo wanted to remain private for awhile and only recently did he choose to come forward on the forum. But since they've been brought up for public discussion, you deserve the right to share your side of the story.

Regards,

Bill

What Bill said.

I would only add that for those of us considering a HT from your practice, answers to these questions are crucial ??” and indeed, are determinative.

We do appreciate the time that have put into your responses and are thankful for your contributions to this forum.

I don't think you get it Bill. Epstein can not provide information for fear of violation of the Hippa laws and Florida's own laws regarding physician-patient confidentiality. He has no right to talk about anybody in detail absent their written release, even given the aliases here because some people may know their real names. So asking Epstein to respond to questions he is not legally able to respond to is simply not really fair to him or any other doctor. And by the way, I am no fan of doctors. Some of them are higly lacking in ethics and integrity . . where the only thing that matters to them is money, but generally these evil doctors are insurance doctors whose sole job is to screw the individual to help an insurance company profit. Epstein is certainly not part of this nefarious group.

Thanks for taking the time to address posters concerns Dr. Epstein. There will always be both types of patients with any doctor (supporters and detractors) but there will NOT always be doctors who are willing to explain their position on an open forum like this one. Many hide or avoid the issue altogether. And the din from those posters who have never even met you or any of your patients in person can often be louder than is necessary, contributing nothing to the discussion (actually detracting from it).

Your reputation is being attacked by posters who have neither met you nor your patients in real life and I think their opinions should be framed in the proper perspective (and that is not to entirely discount their objections or opinions, either)

I think Bill has asked some honest and legitimate questions and look forward to your answers.

If someone achieves a 99.5% satisfaction amongst their clientele, it is an impressive ratio of satisfied patients. But equally important is how the 0.5% of those dissatisfied are treated and how their concerns are addressed.

Cheers.

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:
We do appreciate the time that have put into your responses and are thankful for your contributions to this forum.

We are? icon_smile.gif

The "we" may not extend to you personally, but the plural pronoun is required when more than one person is regarded in the same category.

So, yeah.

Originally posted by generic1:

Generic1,

Welcome to the board. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Utterly ridiculous logic Leeson. Medicine is an art not a science. When you get into hair transplants you get into areas that are even more subjective when analysing a patients results. Its easy for a know-nothing poster who knows nothing about the doctor individually, never met him or his patients, to give ignorant comments about the success or failure of that doctor's work, but if you think about it, that person's opinion is worthless.

When I started this thread, I was seeking the opinions of people who have had first hand experience with Dr. Epstein. If they had less than stellar results I would want to know why? Was there something about their physiology or body chemistry that made things worse? Or if they think Dr. Epstein did something wrong, what was it? I would expect from a poster who had no first hand experience to say something along the lines of there have been complaints from so and so . . not make ignorant comments about how good the doctor is or is not.

By the way, if you can find me one surgeon who bats 1000.00, you will have found a doctor who has a supernatural ability. And with regard to your ridiculous comparison of our criminal or civil justice system, you can be pretty sure that juries get it wrong far more than just a few percent of the time. The innocent go to jail all the time, and the guilty walk free. Oftentime it is because of the lack of integrity of the testifying experts, or the lawyering or lack of lawyering or just the biases of the jury that make the findings of fact or guilt or innocence.