Bosley Boston - quick help and opinions!

I'd like to hear from someone who's actually had a procedure in Boston with Dr. Phillips at Bosley. I'm scheduled for this coming Monday (in 3 days) and want to hear a few real life examples and have some questions.

Please email me at byro78@yahoo.com

Thanks!

it's safe to say that I speak for everyone:

CANCEL asap--even if it means losing the deposit (you'll save enough to make for it with almost any other doctor). I am sure others will chime in, but if you do a search for bosley, here or on other HT boards, you will know why! Do not feel bad for cancelling at all; your quality of life is on the line and "I should've" 5 years later will not help you.

Once again, cancel it and find a good doctor here or on other boards.

I wouldn't give up on the deposit either. Demand it back. If Bosley refuses, sue it in your local small claims court. Bring all of the literature on Bosley from the net, showing how it scams its victims, show it to the judge and you may win. At the least, maybe you will have a settlement.

Originally posted by By:

i want to hear actual experiences please!!!

search is your friend: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=search&re...rum_scope=3466060861

What you must realize is there's no such thing as "Bosley," you're getting your HT done by one of the 100's of doctors, essentially you're playing russian roulette. I noticed that you made the guarantee comment on the other thread: Hair is finite, so one needs to get it right the first time. Plus, any correction would be done by the same idiots who did the first time. Lastly, why do you want to have your head split open again (probably a second scar,) and look dopey for another 3 months when you can go to a good doc and get it done the first time.

I have a feeling that you will ignore our advice and display bravado and try to prove us wrong. It is your decision.

By, eat your pride or you're about to become another Bosley fool who'll be back on these boards in a few months time crying about how your procedure turned out as we all know it will. Get your money back, do your homework, and choose a competent doctor. You won't get feedback on actual experiences w/ only 3 days left to go because your doctor is a nobody and the company he works for doesn't have your best interests in mind. PERIOD.

Go to the web site bosleymedical.com.

You'll find everything you need to know.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

There is a regular poster on here, you can search for his posts. his name is m&m. I have been participating on this forum for about a year or so. I have seen people come onto the scene with the attitude that they know whats going on and they go through with there HT only to come back on her and regret thier decision. I wont knock Bosley, as I havent personally been to them, But i would encourage you to post pone your HT and do more research and after you have concluded your research if you still feel you should use Bosley, then go for it, but I highly doubt it. I have seen many people who lives were affected in a bad way after a poor HT. Its your life do what you want, but the others posters have warned you, and I would hate to see you back on here in 4 months wishing you could redo that decision. When it comes to cosmetic surgery you want it perfect. Hopefully you will take everyones words to heart, if not good luck and keep us posted wich ever way you choose to go.

By - I hope this note reaches you in time to cancel your appointment. As Troy mentioned, I have experience with Bosley and it is certainly not favourable.

I had my first transplant with them about 12 years ago and my most recent session with them in the early 2000's. During that time, nothing about their procedures changed and to this day, they market 'mini and micro' grafts - outdated technology!

While at first I was very pleased with the appearance of the grafts and the thickness, I quickly became discouraged as my natural hairline thinned and only the Bosley grafts remained. They were completely unnatural in appearance and for the past countless years I've been very limited in how I could style my hair - not so much for concern of it appearing thin, but because it would look obviously unnatural.

Even as early as January this year - moments before stumbling upon this site - I truly thought that Bosley was as good as it got. I could not have been more wrong.

Please visit my weblog and look at the Bosley hairline they created for me - it's awful. It's unnatural, pluggy, crooked and it wouldn't fool anyone. Plus, I had a brutal scars from the donor site (which Dr. Ron Shapiro has since corrected) Honestly, I think I got away lucky after seeing many others hairlines completely destroyed.

To see what can be done - take a look at this site and some of the photos from Shapiro, H&W, Feller, etc. and see the amazing hairline restoration that has been accomplished. Fully undetectable!

Good luck and again, for your short-term and long-term happiness, cancel your appointment and schedule some consultations with the leading doctors on this site.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

By, look at it this in 2 ways:

Many people, who have much more time, personal finance, and actual HT experience are telling you to stop. I suggest you heed their warnings.

Additionally, what happens to almost every business that grows beyond one or two locations? They lose the personal touch and home town guarantee. These people are trying to help you out, that is all.

Good Luck!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

By,

As you can see from the above posts, Bosley and the other big national chains rarely get favorable reviews on this or any hair loss forum. A quick search of posts going back over five years using this forum's "Find" feature will reveal why.

For an indepth view into the Boz's past marketing visit www.BosleyMedicalViolations.com It's not pretty. But I do think they have cleaned up their operations to some degree in the past few years. And no doubt some of their clinics/physicians do better work than others. But which ones they are? Who knows?

I got a question about the Boz on our Q and A Blog and I posted a response, including highlights from a New Yorker Magazine article in which Dr. Bosley all but admits to many sins in the past. Check out the highlights.

Now in all fairness I expect that many Bosley patients are happy and get on with their lives - without ever going online and reading the forums. But those who are on the rebound seem to dig a bit deeper on the second go around and find this forum. Generally their stories are not fit for an infomercial.

"Trust but verify" - Old Russian Saying

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 year later...

I'm the guy who originally started this thread. It's been a year and a half since I joined this site and posted this thread. I haven't been on here much but have read a fair bit here since then. I did NOT go to Bosley and forfeited the $500 and at this point, am glad I did. At least I don't have to worry about that. I am going to see Dr. Dorin this week, and have heard great things about him!

Thanks for all your help soooo long ago everyone.

By, glad to see you did heed the advice and it's nice to see you came back to clarify your decision. if you're looking in the nyc area you should also consult with dr. feller.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

By

Either way you will be 10000000% happy with your decision with going with one of the docs that is proven on this site and not going to that chain. Like you have take your time and research the PROVEN docs on this site with consistent results and do as many consults as you can. You saved yourself a lot of grief good job...

You only live once...

Good decision man! I made the mistake of going to get hacked by this boob, and I've regretted it every day since. In fact in my follow up appt, when I expressed my dissapointment to him he got defensive and pretty much told me it's my fault it didnt grow. Now I have a large scar in the back of my head and ALOT less hair do to the major shock loss I had.

Get your money back, do your homework, and choose a competent doctor...

I disagree with this. You should NOT choose a competent doctor.

You should ONLY choose one of the BEST. There is a very short list of docs performing the best work. Search the web. You will learn the names soon enough.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

By,

As you can see from the above posts, Bosley and the other big national chains rarely get favorable reviews on this or any hair loss forum. A quick search of posts going back over five years using this forum's "Find" feature will reveal why.

For an indepth view into the Boz's past marketing visit www.BosleyMedicalViolations.com It's not pretty. But I do think they have cleaned up their operations to some degree in the past few years. And no doubt some of their clinics/physicians do better work than others. But which ones they are? Who knows?

I got a question about the Boz on our Q and A Blog and I posted a response, including highlights from a New Yorker Magazine article in which Dr. Bosley all but admits to many sins in the past. Check out the highlights.

Now in all fairness I expect that many Bosley patients are happy and get on with their lives - without ever going online and reading the forums. But those who are on the rebound seem to dig a bit deeper on the second go around and find this forum. Generally their stories are not fit for an infomercial.

"Trust but verify" - Old Russian Saying

Has anyone seen a positive HT result posted by a patient from Bosley? On this site or another?

Given the number of patients Bosley is churning out, I would expect to see more results posted.