How to speed up growth??

Hi,

I just had my HT procedure on July 15th and it looks like I already have some shock loss.

How do I know if that area of hair has minituarized and if so, will Rogaine regrow the hair?

Also, are there any natural remedies that can help jumpstart the regrowth. Has anyone had success with grape seed extract?

Thanks.

pjt..thats the millon dollar question.

If you look through this forum you'll find many ppl who've tried a variety of things to help speed up growth. The truth is that each person is different and what works for one person may not work for the other..and since everyone has different growth rates, the products we use may have nothing to do with speeding up growth.

As for the shockloss, try not to think about it. Its completely natural and will come back. Try some toppik or dermmatch to help add some body to what you've lost.

Look at MikeN's blog http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=1384&WebID=585

He had a lot of shockloss and was really concerned. It took a while but its all coming back now.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I'm in a post transplant depression,,it's not too bad but I really don't like this interiem look added to the fact that I've lost 3 grafts (well the areas had a stream of blood anyway). I received 1790 grafts total (my donor didn't yield any more than that). So hopefully the three lost grafts will not make much different.

I do want to say that I'm very comfortable with the expertise of my doctor..

Totally Marko! That's hilarious.

PJT: I found the aloe vera gel helped moisturise my scalp after all the shampooing and all the scabs, and it brought down the redness and itching.

I also used a tube of mederma, but didn't really notice whether the pink really subsided that much from the donor scar.

I am also using rogaine foam, and this has been awesome (in combination with the finasteride split pills). Now that I am wearing my hair longer, I plan to switch out of the foam and use a liquid rogaine.

I started using the aloe and mederma the first week after surgery, and I got on the rogaine by week 5, I think.

The point is, as soon as you go through that initial scab shedding, bring on your arsenal of growth support. Whether you experiment with other stuff, or just try the stuff I mentioned above, I think it will make YOU FEEL BETTER trying out stuff rather than just riding the doldrums alone and aware of the time passing.

Happy Growin!

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

I just came acroos this thread. I was told in college to use a gelatin called Knox gel (it's Jello). It's about 1.50 for a small package. you mix just a bit of a packet in warm

water in the morning and you drink it. It makes your hair and nails grow faster (it doesn't REGROW hair).

I've use it on and off for a few years. there's no harm and it's very cheap and it does seem to work. You do notice a difference in a couple of months.

Hi guys,

I joined this forum because my husband has been suffering from hair loss/baldness for 8 years of his life. My friend recommends laser regrowth treatment. So I searched over the internet and found a site that offers this. Here's the link:

http://www.newgenerationhair.com.au

What do you think about the this site? Btw, I am from Sydney. Please feel free to email me some good advice. My email is vic2riagregg@googlemail.com

Regards,

Vic G.

Marco and Spex are right on. Don't waste your money applying lotions and potions, be patient. Spend that money on something fun that will distract you til the hair starts coming in.

Vic G, you are opening a can of worms here. There is a ton of information on laser therapy on this site. Read it. And don't do laser therapy on your husband. Save your money.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians