Shampoo for thin hair

Hello,

For appx 6-8 months I've been using Nu Skin shampoos per my exgirlfriend.

I'm reaching the end of my bottles and want to see about switching to another brand. I have full yet thin hair (no bald spots) and a receding hair line in the front. I would like to use a shampoo thats good for thin hair like mine. Any recommendations?

I've been using one of the cheaper shampoos out there with great results. It's V05 Vita Burst volumizing shampoo.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

I've been using one of the cheaper shampoos out there with great results. It's V05 Vita Burst volumizing shampoo.

I'll try it! I love saving money almost as much as I love to growing new hairs.

Try Revita. Yes, it is expensive but keep in mind it does volumize and has the potential to have some minimal positive effects on hairloss.. Other shampoos are just volumizers so its really a matter of whether you believe the research behind it.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have been using a shampoo called Hair Cycle which I found after researching on google for a shampoo to use post HT surgery. I've been using it for about three weeks and it is really a great shampoo without the harsh chemicals that some shampoos have. It really adds thickness for thinning hair. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by mikeh:

I have been using a shampoo called Hair Cycle which I found after researching on google for a shampoo to use post HT surgery. I've been using it for about three weeks and it is really a great shampoo without the harsh chemicals that some shampoos have. It really adds thickness for thinning hair. Hope this helps.

It does help, thanks. I've been leaning more towards that Revita that the above poster talked about. From what I read and what people have been saying, it seems really good.

Originally posted by Peaceful_Lion:

"Nioxin for thin hair" is the best product out there,it's a bit expensive though but its difference is clear

Do you have thin hair Peaceful? How long have you been using that shampoo?

Revita! I only have been using it now for about a week of course. But I used products like nioxin before and many other types and none has ever made my hair feel as thick and healthy as this one and so fast. Not only does it make it look great and thick but it really helps my scalp to not itch like crazy. Also I read someone elses post on this product before and they were talking about how a little went a long way and its very true. So yeah its a bit more pricey but it will last you a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late here, but I've been using Loreal's Vive for Men which works fairly well. I can tell a difference when I use it and when I don't, but I'm always curious about what others use too, so I'll probably look into Revita and Nioxin.

I am not sure if there is any magic shampoo that can prevent hair from becoming thinner. Of course there is a huge and lucrative business out there with prices ranging from 5 to 50$ for a shampoo.

The Hair follicle is located pretty at a deep level of your scalp and I don't think that any of these shampoos can reach so deep within your scalp and help rejuvenate your follicles.

Again I am not a doctor and that would be nice if some physicians can give their opinions about these "special shampoos".

I rather go with a proved solution such as Finesteride (Propecia) which reduces and blocks the DHT.

I once wanted to think that shampoo (specifically, Nioxin) could actually help my hair beyond simply cleaning it...but I do not. I'm pretty sure that the most that a "thickening" shampoo could do is coat the hair shafts, thereby making them seem more robust than they are naturally, but as with much in the hair world...it's an illusion.

As a shampoo, I like Nioxin, and it smells like mint, which is different. But I don't really see it being worth the price...

I use Infusium; it doesn't pretend to thicken anything, but it seems to clean well, and my hair generally feels smoother and softer (for my fiancee's benefit) after using it.

Benjamin

Originally posted by johnd2442:

A little late here, but I've been using Loreal's Vive for Men which works fairly well. I can tell a difference when I use it and when I don't, but I'm always curious about what others use too, so I'll probably look into Revita and Nioxin.

I also use Loreal Vive for men daily thickening shampoo. I definitely see a difference when I use this shampoo..works very well for me

• 1 month later...

Great article on Revita. Check out the science on this stuff. Yes, science. icon_smile.gif

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/content/news/hair...ticle.asp?CopyID=118

Summary of the article for the lazy people:

===========================================

Revita promotes a healthy follicle with its sebum removal qualities. Sebum is a fatty substance that accumulates around hair follicles in the scalp. It is believed that sebum removal from the scalp may help unclog the hair follicle (similarly to unclogging a drain), improving blood supply and exposing the hair to more nutrition.

It also assists in topically inhibiting DHT (which causes hair loss).

Hope this helps. I'm sold on it now. icon_smile.gif

Hmmm...a question occured to me for anyone using Revita.

How does your hair feel after the shower when it's dry? Thin and unmanageable or thick and awesome?

Considering this before I buy it, it is pricey and although I like its properties, I spend alot monthly on fin and minox. I need to justify it. icon_smile.gif

Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys. I ran out of shampoo over the weekend and ending up buying some Lorel shampoo for thinning hair.

I usually take a shower at work (3-4 days a week) so I think I may buy a bottle of Revita to use there.

Would there be a problem with mixing different shampoos on different days?

Cycling different shampoos is very much advised, this avoids the continual residue from using the same everyday.

Personally I think Revita is a waste of money, it is grossly overpriced and will likely do nothing other than a cosmetic difference the same obtained from much cheaper shampoos.

May I suggest you consider Nano by Dr. Proctor, it is an excellent thickening shampoo and may promote hair growth as a bonus. Another would be any shampoo containing piroctone olamine, this is even more effective as a hair growth synergist than Nizoral. Lastly a combination lavendar/tea trea oil has been found to be highly estrogenic and may contribute to enhancing growth also. Check around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have used Revita for over a year, it is the best shampoo I have found so far, I tried quite a few in the past few years. My hair is naturally thin and dry and Revita makes it full and healthy and shiny plus it helps slow the hair loss. I am always suspicious of new products but I am quite impressed with Revita, I don't know of anything better at the moment. I find the best prices on EBay and sometimes on Amazon when I buy it in quantities of 3 or 4.

Originally posted by tranplant_dude:
Originally posted by johnd2442:

I also use Loreal Vive for men daily thickening shampoo. I definitely see a difference when I use this shampoo..works very well for me

i'm late to the game here in replying, but i agree - i definitely see a difference. granted, all i can compare it to is pert plus.

when i use the loreal, it definitely looks more full than when i use the pert - a very noticeable difference, at least to me. i use this shampoo all the time now, basically.

• 1 year later...