Shampoo for thin hair

It's strange, ever since I started using really quite cheap volumizing shampoo my hair's quality seems to have really increased. I always thought you had to spend loads of money on that sort of thing but my friend recommended it to me and it seems to be working! Funnily enough I can't quite remember what it is (!) but I will get back to you on it. Might only work on me but I think it's worth a try...

• 2 weeks later...

Revita does seem to be getting a good reputation as it not only makes your hair feel thicker but improves the feel too, I found some of the cheaper ones left my hair feeling dry.

That Loreal Vive stuff sounds like it's worth a try!

i used to use nioxin and found it great.... but after being given some tricomin from a friend to try i must say im hooked, its made by the same people who make the graftcyte spray some clinics use post op for healing of the recipient site.It contains copper peptides and is really good imo icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Super Absorbable Tocotrienols combats the underlying causes of hair loss, supporting otherwise healthy hair follicles that genetic disposition, advancing age, high concentrations of DHT (the male hormone dihydrotestosterone), and sebum build-up may cause to weaken, degrade or shrink. Super Absorbable Tocotrienols, a natural, orally administered, bio-enhanced tocotrienol complex, can be taken to support youthful hair thickness and growth.

A revolutionary, patented delivery system ensures optimal absorption2-7 and efficiently delivers the benefits of a unique proprietary complex of naturally extracted phytonutrients (squalene, phytosterols and trace amounts of mixed carotene) together with tocotrienols to support youthful hair growth, hair health and hair density. In a study involving 30 volunteers who took tocotrienol supplements for eight months, nearly all subjects showed significant improvement in hair thickness and density.1

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by ThisGuy:

Hello,

For appx 6-8 months I've been using Nu Skin shampoos per my exgirlfriend.

I'm reaching the end of my bottles and want to see about switching to another brand. I have full yet thin hair (no bald spots) and a receding hair line in the front. I would like to use a shampoo thats good for thin hair like mine. Any recommendations?

In my opinion, Nioxin is hands down the best. The reason that I like it so much is because it truly makes my hair look thicker and healthier. In addition, the thickening treatment that it comes with actually works like a styling product. When my hair was longer it held it in place throughout the day.

Only down side is the cost, it's pretty expensive.

Thin hair sucks, I know I have it myself. No shampoo has been proven to stop hair loss or regrow hair. Every shampoo is going to work different because of your hair and where you live. The water chemical content will make all the difference in the world. Do the following:

Go to your local drug store and look for the travel or sample section. Buy 4 or 5 types of shampoo (normally $1-2 ea.

Try one at a time till the bottle is gone

Keep a log of how your hair feels with that shampoo.

Pick the one that works the best and use it.

Then do the same with conditioners. You should find a combination that works for you. Also your hair will get used to whatever shampoo you use. Pick a cheap one and use it for a week every 6 months.

Good luck

I started going thin in my early 20's and used a few different shampoos and each seemed to work for a while in slowing the process. I currently use ProFusion Shampoo and Conditioner which I've bought online which has been very good at stopping my hair loss for about a year now http://www.prohairbiosystems.com

It has also cleared my dandruff at the same time which I didn't expect.

I think the important thing is to shop around and find the best product that works for you, because everyone is different and also to accept that one product may only work for a period of time, then you might have to shop around again for another one.

The other fact is that your body fights back against change and you might also have to use a combination of products such as Minoxidil lotion and ProFusion shampoo, so you are attacking the problem from two (or more) sides at once.

• 3 weeks later...

I also use 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 ounce organic honey, pinch of salt, and a tablespoon of Pelligrino sparkling water.

Mix it all together and then add a table spoon of AmericanCrew pomade.

Let it sit overnight in the refridgerator

in the morning shower and wash your hair, then apply the mixture and blowdry. After blowdrying just make sure to comb through your hair to get out the oatmeal pieces.

Like that, bam! Your hair will noticeably look fuller and thicker. I'm told the secret is the honey.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive tried many...L'oreal thickening that everyone raves about, was ok, but didnt notice much thickening. Toppik thickening shampoo is pretty useless i think (sing it now)....Revita, didnt notice much either (but a good clean head of hair after).

My personal recommendation is LS&B RECONSTRUCT

PROTEIN THICKENING AND STRENGTHENING SHAMPOO

You can find it on loads of websites, not cheap, but not as bad as Revita et al - im pretty pleased with it - i definitely noticed a bit thicker hair, and just a really nice shampoo anyway. I dont beleive shampoos can ever work miracles - but this this is best of a bad bunch in my opinion!! icon_smile.gif Im going back to it, when my Toppik runs out!

• 3 weeks later...