Updated Photos of NervousNelly

NervousNelly

Cheers Nelly!!

You are taking control of your situation which I know was a big decision for you.. Dr. Shapiro is top notch and should give you great results!!

Change your name to "tentative" Nelly and after the procedure you can be "confindent Nelly"

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Nelly-

You're an asset to HTN.........Doc Shapiro will do you proud, I'm sure!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Good choice "New Nelly", You said you weren't nervous anymore!

Tell the truth, did the wife pick Shapiro or you? LOL!

Good luck & stop your worrying, You will be fine.

Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement. If it weren't for this site and all of the help from many of you, I still might be just trolling the net and dreaming about oneday getting some of my youth back.

Folica,

As stated earlier in a post, my wife became more of a factor in the decision with ofcourse my feedback based on my research.

She had nailed down these options:

Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Rahal

Dr. Hasson

Dr. Rose

Dr. Keene

I told her that Dr. Rose and Keene use to work for Shapiro and likely were trained by him. With that information and the fact that Pat (editor of site) had his HT from Shapiro she pushed me in that direction. Seriously though, some of the best in the world are products of SMG. Interesting isn't it?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

did Doc Feller not enter into the equation? just intrested in your answer, no other reason............ cheers

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Irish Homer,

For whatever reason I never considered Dr. Feller. I'm not really sure why as all the work that I have seen of his is top notch and I appreciate his input on this forum. I actually believe he is one of the top 3 or certainly 5.

When I think more about it I believe it comes down to location. Please don't anyone take offense, but the New York area doesn't thrill me. I am not into the hustle and bustle of a huge city and mass amounts of people. Probably if Shapiro was located there I would be looking elsewhere. Thats just me. I'm a pretty simple person in that respect. When my wife and I head into Detroit area (we live within 30 miles roughly) she drives. LOL

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey NN,

Just realized when reviewing your thread that I'm going in with Dr. Wong only 4 days behind you, on Aug. 17th. So, though it will be with different Docs we'll sorta be on the same journey/timeline.........Cool!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

Thats awesome. I'm glad to know of someone that we can follow each others progress. Ofcourse I'll be a few thousand Fu behind you interms of transplanted grafts but maybe I make up for that with native hair??? Should be cool to have a bud going thru things at same time.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

You've got tons more native hair than I did before HT #1, my friend, so not to worry. I think it's gonna be awesome for you! Not to mention you'll be in the hands of an excellent Doc!!

We'll definitely have to track progress together, bro!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

New Nelly,

I'm looking forward to seeing you here at SMG in August.

I read above that you are on your own regimen of Finasteride. Are you also on Rogaine as well? Last week, another HT doctor was able to show about 20 well documented "before/after" pics of his patients who are using both Finast. and Rogaine. None of the patients had a HT. The difference was amazing all the same.

Rogaine by itself is okay, Propecia is better if you had to choose. But, I can't say enough about using both.

To Hairbank and NN,

It's funny that I've now worked for both Shapiro and Wong at two separate surgery demonstrations in the last 6-7 months. Dr. Wong on one side and Dr. Shapiro on the other side of the same patient. The lucky patients of both demonstrations were for "dense packing", so they should be happy fellows. The demonstrations are always interesting and fun. Give Angie a hug for me when you're in Vancouver, Hairbank. You'll be in good hands with her. Not to leave you out NN, you'll get a hug too.

Good luck to both of you!!!

You're a sweetheart, Janna.....

I'm a huggy kind of guy so Angie will get a hug...on your behalf, from me when I see Dr. Wong.

Neat to hear you've worked for Dr. Wong as well. Really cool that two experts work working on the same noggin'!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey NN, there isn't anything to really post right now---- got my hair all grown out from session #2 and it is really difficult to tell exactly what is going on right now.

I know I am growing a bit slower than HT #1, which is to be expected--- I plan on taking some 6 month pics right before my brothers wedding--- plus I had a decent amount of grafts placed into the top of my crown so things will be a bit longer there as well.

All in all, I would say that my hairline and frontal core look great, and I am just waiting for the results of #2 to kick in---- I am only 5 months post-op, so I still have a long way to go!!!!!

BTW--- Make sure Janna keeps her word and gives you a hug... if Matt's there... he'll probably want a hug as well =)

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Bill ---I am giving you an internet hug buddy!!!!!!!!

Wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze really hard.............

Now.... feel better?

Later buddy!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B-Spot,

you're just trying to keep Bills arms tied up till you catch up on his number of posts..............:-))

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

I wish that were true---- unfortunately Bill produces clones like rabbits mate!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see how many exemptions he is filing on his returns these days =-)

LOL!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Originally posted by Bill:

All this talk about hugging is making me want one!

Gimme gimme gimme :P

Bill

You and B are gettin' me all misty-eyed...... icon_frown.gif

C'mon everyone...........GROUP HUG!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

LOL guys.

Thanks B *tear* lol. I've now hugged myself and feel all warm and fuzzy. Ok, maybe not.

Well you all had a chance to catch up to me a little bit on number of posts the last couple days...been sort of preoccupied with some personal things...blah. The mind is a terrible thing to taste sometimes!

Bill

Wow. Whats been happening here??

Janna, I'll save the hug for you and let these guys continue. New meaning to share the love.

With all of us demonstrating more of our feminine side you would think that there would be a lot less DHT around and we would all have full, thick heads of hair.

Starting my scalp exercises--my wife walked by and just shook her head and said "I won't ask"

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Starting my scalp exercises--my wife walked by and just shook her head and said "I won't ask"

LMAO Nervous! I got that from my wife too when I was stretching!

Now she wonders I am in the mirror with a manifying glass!