Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 AM

Another issue is FUE or strip?

I am thinning at the front and temples. I would like to wear my hear short at times.

Would strip (like Dr Path and other do it) be a good option for someone like that you think?
  #12   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

The odds are much better of being able to wear your hair short with FUE. FUE is NOT scar-less, but if small punches and an intelligent extraction pattern are used, and if you naturally scar well, you could get away with #1 on the clippers. Some people report that they can shave their heads bald without any noticeable scarring after FUE, but I'd venture to say that's pretty rare.

The size of FUE procedure(s) and donor density are big factors regarding scarring and the potential for the "moth eaten" look. Have realistic expectations - some noticeable white-dot scarring is likely, but you'll be able to wear your hair shorter than if you elected to have strip done. Other advantages with FUE is less donor pain (usually) and quicker donor healing.

The trade-off with FUE is that yield is reportedly a little less than with strip. However, in the hands of the most skilled FUE docs, I'd say it's pretty close.

I think some people have reported being able to wear their hair as short as a #2 on the clippers after strip, but I think that's uncommon. From what I can tell, a #3 is more realistic providing the scar is relatively thin. I'm just going by what I've read on the forums. Perhaps some strip patients can chime in.

Lastly, SMP (temporary or permanent) may be an option for FUE white-dot scarring which would allow you to wear your hair very short with little-to-no observable scarring. Take a look at these threads:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...fter-pics.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ly-2012-a.html

Last edited by zenmunk; 07-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.
  #13   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
New Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik26 View Post
Just copy/pasted this. I believe this is as cheap as it gets.
Dr. Palakurthi offers her high quality follicular unit hair transplant procedure to her patients at a highly reduced cost of one US dollar per follicular unit via the FUT method and two US dollars per follicular unit via FUE.
WOW! Two US dollars per follicular unit via FUE is a steal. That's is like 70-80 percent less than the US--I think. It's worth flying to wherever this Dr. is at. Thanks for the tip.
  #14   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

moonfresh,

You'd do well to read (or re-read) all of the advice given in this thread from the beginning.

z
  #15   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 PM

hi, I came across this and I couldnt help myself to tell you that is other ways to get a fuller set of hair that are non-surgical. I work for Ja Alternatives is a company that specializes in people that are thinning out. We have this technique called Interlink and is pretty new . Is the same idea of hair implants but without surgery. We attach 4 new strands of hair to your own by tieing them to your hair. With this you don't have to worry about scars. I think if is your first time for a Hair Transplant you should try this first and get a feel of it.
  #16   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

emd80,

What are you on about yr talking about a wig. Dress it however you want

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014
  #17   Top  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM

wow sorry for getting you upset. I thought you will be interested just to know about what other options are out there.