7 Months Post Op Co - Disappointed

dbk20032002

Race or color have no bearing.

Realistic expectations need to be set regradless of who you are. You cannot generalize because every person is different.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Folks

Thanks for all of your comments on my recent post and appreciated for letting me know my mystake.I too knew that it takes around 12 months to see the outcome of the HT but some how i lost patience now i realzed that its my mistake.

I contacted epstein after doing a lot of re search, he too understood that i am from india and taken less amount when compared to his normal charge. I will post my pics soon about my ht.Its the time 2 wait and see the result of the game...no one can say the result of the game in middle.Saying frankly...i felt that left side is having considerable growth and right side it is little bit slow when compared to right hand side.After looking at couple of posts, i realized that it is common...and nothing 2 worry.

Once again thanks for epstein work and his team..all the above commets are from my heart.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by 16inchscar:

im very stressed and depressed after my hair transplant with bosley in atlanta..im to the point that i want to just end it all to stop the stress and depression..i need help before it gets the best of me..

16inchscar:

Today I went to this ribbon cutting of a new business in my community; and happened to meet this young boy of about 3 who was being held by an older sister. To me he looked to have a slight case of Downs Syndrome. I was heartbroken to find the young boy can't operate his legs either and when on the floor he has to sort of scoot around with his legs not really crossed, but sort of indian style nonetheless.

I'm sure this boy will have struggles forever, but perhaps he might beat the odds and do some awesome things in his life.

You can't let a bad hair job get you that down. Especially when there's probably a chance for correction. Here's your chance, man; time to rise up and be strong!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wanthairs

dbpk

at 7 months after my operation with Epstein I had hardly any growth. I am 11 months out now and it looks very good. I will definately need another 2 procedures to wrap things up but want to wait about 18 months in between procedures. I also had irregular growth, one side growing faster than other and so on. I was very depressed at the 6 month mark.

Just wait, be patient and hopefully you will be as pleased as i am now. My life has totally turned around, and I owe it to the hair transplant.

Most likely I will go back to Epstien for the rest of my procedures.

M_D,

I don't find the comments to be racist.

The comments are generalizations that some may or may not agree with, but let's not start swinging the racism sword because someone makes a personal observation.

There are plenty of other sites that are set up for those issues.

Perhaps simply asking Tranplantdude to clarify his statements or inquire as to what he is basing his information on would be a good place to start?

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B Spot.

Of course you wouldn`t find these comments derogatory - you are NOT indian. I am.

I, along with others, am here to listen and to share my HT experience with others not to listen to generalizations about my race. When you make a generalization about a race - it is, by definition ``racism``. Whether one agrees or not is immaterial.

Sorry you feel that way M_D-- I don't have to be part of any particular racial classification to comment on or identify racism---your exclusion of my view because I am not Indian seems to infer that.

Anyway, I am sorry you feel slighted.... I didn't see anything racist, nor am I trying to tell you what to feel---just an opinion my friend.

Good Luck researching,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If a belief or difference is pointed out among a different race it's not racism.

If that difference is used to try to show a certain race is superior...then it is racism.

Yes... the "race card" is thrown around today very easily....it's getting old and hurting people that really are victims.

MH

M_D,

Firstly, I am sorry that you are offended by transplant_dude's comments. I do not believe however, that he meant any harm by it and there is nothing that I find deragatory about it. I agree with Jason that asking him for clarification would be a good starting point.

Let me clarify...

I think perhaps he is trying to say that a typical hair loss pattern in those from India and Pakistan are a bit different, and many patients keep their youthful hairline while balding from the back.

Therefore, I would tend to agree that the expectations of different races vary and what is "natural" for one race may not be for another, hence, different goals and expectations. There is nothing deragatory about this in my opinion.

Bill

Jason / Bill

I can accept both your points of view. The original post by TD sounded derogatory. Perhaps I am just a little too sensitive to this kind of stuff. And wish i DID keep my youthful hairline Bill icon_frown.gif unfortunatley MPB hit me everywhere front, back and top!

Hi dbk20032002

Glad your mind has been put to rest at present by your doctor and i hope you get a great result in the months to come

Grow well mate.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

M_D,

We are all a little sensitive about certain things in life bro and race, religion, physical appearance, etc. can certainly be some of them. So I understand. Don't sweat it icon_smile.gif

And regarding hair loss and a youthful hairline, I understand how you feel. I decided to keep a relatively youthful hairline as I went in for my surgery. Of course, as a result, some added hair density was sacrificed, but overall, I am happy with my decision.

Best wishes my friend,

Bill

M_D I think (if I can read it correctly) he means that more in a cultural way. Not really a race in general. If you look at different countries, the hair styles may vary dramatically. Having said that, I've worked with many Indian people (computer programmers and really good ones) they do tend to have a lower hairline in general, most likely it's genetic. So when you start balding and your hairline start to come up, you tend to want a lower hairline like the rest of the guys/gals.

So I too think tranplant_dude most likely had exactly that in mind icon_smile.gif

DBK

Two full months have passed since your posting.

I know many suggested you wait it out, including Dr Epstein. So I'm wondering where you stand now -- 9 months post op?

Have you had any further growth? Have you been in touch with Epstein?

Your feedback would be appreciated.

KK

• 3 weeks later...