Tattooing a scar

Hey guys,

I've asked this question before in different threads, and while some responded, I don't think anyone who actually had a strip scar tattooed did respond. So, does anyone have any experience with tattooing the strip scar? I'm not concerned with the scalp just the scar.

I can't understand how in my situation tattooing my scar could hurt. I understand that if I shave my head bald that the tat will still be there. But, my goal is to buzz my head down to like a 1 or 2 clip because I'm not crazy about my transplanted hair line.

Now, because my scar is in the "safe zone", Won't I always have my hair there. Keep in mind my hair is really dark. So, my thinking is a tinted scar will be much less noticible than a red scar. Is my logic flawed? Please respond. I'm looking in to doing this real soon.

I haven't heard from anyone who has had it done on this site, but there are websites dedicated to artists perforcing this procedure, hiding strip scars as well as providing tattoed 'buzz' on your head. From what I've seen the results look somewhat promising, but how will it look in 10 years?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm impressed by these pics aswell, gonna see how my fur into my scar turns out in another 6-8 months. Then if thats not as expected, maybe have another fue procedure. Be nice to find out if these hair tattoos, can be in semi permanant make up to see whether we like it or not.

i have worked for a tattooist and i can tell you now that the black will not go to blue overtime providing quality ink is used. and even if cheep ink were used and it turned blue overtime there nothing stopping you from going over it again. one point i will make is if you go grey in your old age then it will become apparent and you will have to constantly color your hair. i think however depending on your age if we say your not going to go grey for along time such as 15 years or so there should be a cure for scaring and hopefully hair multiplication will be available it seems hopeful with the use of stem cell technology that either of those 2 treatments will commence

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Yeah I believe the ink wont turn, its mainly old tattoo inks that do this, my mate has had loads of tattoos for over ten years and they havent changed at all. I would seriously consider this to fill my scar, and the fact that they are in the UK put a smile on my face.

Probably would help you with your Armani scarring aswell Balboa?

Tattooing your head seems risky to me. Correct me if I am wrong but from what I gather, all that ink gets into your pores and stays there right?

Is there any kind of research that shows tattooing like this is safe?

if you tattoo lightly the ink will actauly drop out over a 10 year period. if you go too deep then you leave raised skin as it leaves scar tissue in its trace. also there is a laser (a very painfull one at that) that does remove tattoos.

we have missed the guys point here he was not asking about the tattoo procedure in the links he was considering tattooing over his strip scar.

So, does anyone have any experience with tattooing the strip scar? I'm not concerned with the scalp just the scar.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I understood what he was talking about, I'd consider doing it to my scar at some point. I dont think my hair will go grey, got he same colour hair as my mum and her hair hasnt gone grey, and her mums hair didnt go grey either, but as I cant be sure about this, it would concern me slightly.

my guess is with all this stem cell stuff going on within time scars may become a thing of the past its another subject i know but things should progress alot in the next decade i think skin colour would look better in a scar rather than tattooing it and someone above mentioned about giving it time to settle and turn white from red. what colour would you want to be doing it if you were considering it. a similar color to your hair im guessing

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

There a seemingly good company in the UK that does this, I say seemingly because i've only seen pics, would need to see the real thing to commit, but I do worry that i'll do it, and 5-10 years later they will be able to eliminate my scar altoghether with acell or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get a black ink tattoo now over the strip scar, but the problem would be when I turn grey and white as I age. Then the tattoo would stand out too much, so lately I have been thinking about a white ink tattoo of the strip scar, apparently they are not very noticeable. Moreover I was thinking about getting a black ink tattoo and then tattooing it over with white ink as I aged but apparently it cannot be done as the black is dominant and it goes a funny colour. What do forum members think of a white ink tattoo over the strip scar?

i really don't think tattooing the scar is going to make much of a difference, i mean if someone were to notice the strip scar its going to look more odd as a color than as scar tissue color. i personally would wait this one out as tattooing isn't really going to make much difference, i would say tattooing the scalp to the same color as hair in thin areas may be beneficial because it would give a false sense of density rather than seeing through the thin hair to the white scalp (if your white) i actually remember reading the autopsy report on Micheal Jackson and they found that he had had is temples tattooed to hide receding, although he had worn a wig for his later years anyhow

Sparky whats this acell thing your talking about and what does it do, you were quite brief on the post, thanks buddy

Edited by Balboa

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I just read about a guy who did something like what Tyson Beckford is doing here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/2726296298_c2d7386f49_m.jpg ; with his hair to cover his strip scar successfully allowing him to go to a # 1 while he leaves it about #3 over the strip scar area. From the research I have done fue and tattooing seem not reliable enough, especially if one wants to shave down to #2 or below.

This may be a solution, what do others think?

Would you think someone with such a pattern was a wanker?

this looks very nice. lets say that it works great and indeed conseal bad scars without turning blue and providing a perfect cosmetic result. but what happens as u age ? ur hair will become gray and later on white. this will look black so...

I found this on the site I mentioned

"HIS Hair Clinic are the only company in the world to offer head tattoo reversal without using laser treatment,

(I think it's important that the scar isn't tattooed at a regular tattoo parlour)

I have looked at the before and after pictures and I would feel happy with a completely shaved head treated with the pigmentation - I just wonder if its best to leave it a few years after surgery before getting it done

Edited by 1982UK