Tattooing a scar

1982 UK how do you remove the old tattoo? Do you mean by another strip procedure having it excised then? I think having it removed by laser may damage the hair in that region used as the donor supply. I have seen some horrible results on forums lately where the tattoos have faded but not disappeared completely. I am also a little concerned about damaging the hair near the strip scar through the tattoo itself. Maybe Balboa could enlighten me here.

Does anybody know of a tattoo that lasts only three months without damaging hair follicles or leaving a permanent stain?

I was also recently thinking that white ink would probably look just like a scar to many so maybe it is not the best idea.

Well yeah, whether you like it or not, like Sparky is saying, it's not about making a tattoo, but making a tattoo that simulates hairstubble.

In theory, I think it's a wonderful sollution temporarily, but as you get older and your hair color changes, you may need to have it lasered off and replenished. I would approach with caution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_tattoo

"

Removable tattoos

Specially formulated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_ink are much easier to remove. Last only 3-6 months. This ink is a disappearing ink. Currently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfinitInk is such an ink, available in the US.

Semi-permanent tattoos

Some practitioners offer tattoos that they claim to be temporary, but will last for a period of years rather than days. These are applied using a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_gun, and are therefore the closest substitute for the permanent tattoo experience, including the discomfort. These tattoos are supposed to gradually fade away over time, leaving no trace. Some tattoo artists claim that the inks are inserted closer to the surface, allowing them to gradually slough off, while others claim to use special inks that naturally disperse over time.

There is some discrepancy as to whether these semi-permanent tattoos are in fact "temporary tattoos" at all. In practice, semi-permanent tattoos have had mixed results, and caution would say that any tattoo performed by inserting pigment under the skin should be considered permanent."

Is this what you're looking for?

I just checked out the InfinitInk website and don’t think it is a good idea as it only says it is easier to remove by laser and there are no guarantees. Semi-permanent tattoos sound like BS, though I wish there really was one around.

Edited by Julius
Mistake

I just checked out the InfinitInk website and don’t think it is a good idea as it only says it is easier to remove by laser and there are no guarantees. Semi-permanent tattoos sound like BS, though I wish there really was one around.

Well, I haven't done much research on it, but the way I see it, you're already performing a risky procedure (HT)

So if it fades naturally, but is easier removed by laser, well that is only natural that laser would speed up the process. And should your hair color change drastically so that the tattoo dots will stand out, these days you can laser them off very easily with no pain, and apply a new color. At best you would have to do this 2-3 times in your lifetime.

But I'll try to dig up more info on the subject.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=156219

Heres another thread about it, though not specifically for the scar

I am not too impressed by some of the hair lines that I have seen. I would definitely give it a go on a strip scar if the ink used in micro pigmentation of scalp hair was semi-permanent but unfortunately from what I can ascertain it is not. Additionally I think if a girl ever tried to run her hands through it she would probably then get the idea of what has happened.

To their defense though, they claim that each of their hairlines are customised to each individual. Thus, the straight hairlines might be a product of the patients being too hairgreedy and overdoing it.

There are several on the site who did not go overboard, and who seems to have received a natural result - as far as we can tell from the medium sized photos, anyway.

These guys got carried away...

tony_complete.jpg

vin_complete.jpg

shakeel_complete.jpg

These guys got it right..

jazz_complete.jpg

samuel_complete.jpgdon_complete.jpg

I don’t see how the fading ink from micro pigmentation could ever blend with white or grey hair. BHT into the strip scar as unreliable as it is still sounds like the best option unfortunately.

never seen a good one as yet...ive even heard of guys getting pain in the scar afterwards so i would be very careful and make sure you see results in person first, anyone can make an impressive website the truth is in the flesh!!;)

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128