name your top 5

In light of the recent controversy im not sure this is right question, but i've been wondering this for a while. This is my opinion only and the only basis im going on is my own research. Please do your own and draw your own conclusions.

1) H&W as 1

2) Feller

3) Rahal

4) Shapiro

5) Epstien

Again this is just my opinion. Most of my opinion is based on what i've read and seen on this forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of the recent controversy im not sure this is right question, but i've been wondering this for a while. This is my opinion only and the only basis im going on is my own research. Please do your own and draw your own conclusions.

1) H&W as 1

2) Feller

3) Rahal

4) Shapiro

5) Epstien

Again this is just my opinion. Most of my opinion is based on what i've read and seen on this forum

Let me just add that im more than sure that there are other great doc's on here like Alexander, Cooley, T&D, ETC. It's just you dont hear or see to much from these guys. It all goes back to branding.

Ineteresting and helpful question for those looking for a good doctor.

1 dr. rahal (no. 1)

2 dr. Feller

3 dr. Konior

4 dr. Epstein

5 dr. shapiro

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

I'd like to see Pat's list, as mine is mostly worthless as I've seen only the weblogs and forum photo albums of about 5 or 6:

1. Cooley

2. Feller

3. Shapiro

4. H&W

5. Alexander

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by dakota3:

Im sorry i meant 2 of the same docs

I know they are great, but I think it has more to do with seeing their work on here at least weekly. Good for them, they've taken advantage of a great marketing opportunity.

But, like Pat posted a couple weeks ago, there are doctors who might be among the very best in the world who we haven't seen any photos from. He specifically mentioned one in Detroit, I believe.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

BTW Dewayne I was looking at DR Cooley's site and something i noticed that was differant about him was he had mentioned how much hairloss has affected each of his patients on each set of photo's. Thats something thats very important because you can see that it's not all about the $$$ to him. He actually cares!

Originally posted by dakota3:

BTW Dewayne I was looking at DR Cooley's site and something i noticed that was differant about him was he had mentioned how much hairloss has affected each of his patients on each set of photo's. Thats something thats very important because you can see that it's not all about the $$$ to him. He actually cares!

I really think so too. I'm sure those guys make a real good living, but it struck when I told him that he had a real good reputation on this forum and he said he works hard to do his best and sort of depends on patients word of mouth to do the advertising for him.

He's got a nice office suite right by a medical center, but you'd never know it was a ht clinic. The sign reads Carolina Dermatology Center.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Don't forget Dr. Charles!

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Hey guys

Sometimes different approaches and circumstances can mean different choices in surgeons , however in my opinion , based on personal experience and my own research my top 5 would be ....

Dr Feller

Drs Hasson and Wong

Dr Shiparo

Dr Rahal

Dr Epstein

Only my own opinions guys

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I will list my top choices in no particular order as they all deliver great results

True Keene Rahal

H & W Feller Shapiro

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I would say your list is 100% right on target but not necessarily in any particular order. I think they are all the best and you wouldn't go wrong with any of them. If I had to put a list together that would be it. In fact those were the ones (didn't contact Feller) I considered before going with Dr. Epstein.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

here were my considerations:

1st tier: feller, rahal, alexander, h&w, shapiro

2nd: bernstein, t&d, wolf

chose feller based on quality of work, in-person consult experience, cost, proximity

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

My list is based just on seeing patient weblogs. I think different docs have different strengths.

Best doc for absolutely natural resultsin my opinion is Dr. Feller #1 and H&W #2 and Rahal #3. I have seen fantastic results from feller especially on NW3-4 patients.

Best doc for transforming NW5 + patientsin my opinion is #1 H&W, #2 Feller, #3 Rahal, Alexander.

Best Doc for hairline design and density #1 Rahal, #2 Armani (strip) - This is a very important consideration and these 2 docs seem to either focus more or have greater artistic skill at providing a hairline design that frames the face nicely. If you are a NW2-3, I would choose Rahal or Armani. If you are young or are likely to experience further hairloss take caution with Armani as he may not be a good choice when you are trying to manage/conserve your donor hair supply. Also, I think Armani only does FUE now, so Rahal is a clear #1 in this category.

Best doc for crownis H&W in my opinion.

Best docs for scarI have studied patient pictures for the above doctors and cannot discern a difference among the size of scar. They all great when it comes to scars and the scar depends a lot on the individual patient.

I agree NW4 that all doctors have different strengths and most of what you wrote .

I also love Alexanders hairlines ,butI havent seen many nw5 patients from him or Rahal, compared to all the others listed .

One thing I would like to add is when you talk about hairlines Shapiro should always be listed or lurking somewhere around the top. Hes been asked by his peers to run the hairline workshop for ten years. Check this out .I saw SO many pictures when I was there I dont even remember any of these.

This is a fun thread!!!! Some of the choices and explanations here are interesting, but the names being mentioned are all great which shows how much people are thinking and researching their options---it really puts a smile on my face icon_smile.gif

Obviously, my choice is pretty clear---but for those of you who do not know my list was narrowed down to 3 docs: Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Wong,(willing to travel to) and Dr. Konier locally.

I don't like to "rank" docs per se b/c there are different measuring sticks and different patient needs/wants.

However, there are doctors like Dr. Rose who deserve a mention as well. They don't always get mentioned because they do not promote themselves online, but they deliver top results.

There can only be so many "Top" docs--but there is a list of docs who deliver consistant results and have an overwhelming base of happy patients.

It makes me happy to see people debating docs without negativity, which is the proper way, imo.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.