All booked for Dr Ron Shapiro! ***FUE procedure***

bash77

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have booked my op with Dr Ron Shapiro for the 9th/10th & 11th September. This will be FUE and I look forward to updating you all on the progress! The only element I'm not looking forward to is the no 1 or 2 shaved look (not sure how my colleagues will respond when I return to work after the 3.5 weeks!)

I'm returning back to England on the 14th (hopefully not too soon?) and will take it easy for the following weeks.

Thanks again for all your help ??“ it's been awesome!

Regards,

Bash77

PS. Probably looking at 1,600 grafts approx...

Bash,

I wish you the best of luck with your HT. I have been very interested in Dr Shapiro's FUE results so if you can please let us know how everything goes. I have been impressed by the things I have read up on Dr Shapiro.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

your in for a great time dude smg are amazing and very warm and friendly, if you have any last minute questions i might be able to help with please feel free to pm me as im from the uk and have been there and done it and am happy to help if i can good luck bro

regards bullit!! icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

not long now dude bet your excited you will be a new man soon icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

SMG does top notch FUE work. Great decision and good luck! Keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Well guys, just thought i'd provide you all with the latest! I'm presently at the COUNTRY INN HOTEL - Minneapolis, and am having an amazing experience with the SMG clinic.

I flew initially into New Jersey on the Thursday (too see friends) and then travelled across to MN on Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday, i arrived at the clinc nice and early (08:00am) and was warmly greeted by all the team.

The consulation then proceeded with Dr Ron and we got cracking around 09:30. By the end of day 1 (which was about 17:00!), 750 grafts had been extracted (by FUE) and i was amazed by the coverage!

Today, was day 2 and another 350 were transplanted into the frontal zones (I was out by 13:00 this time!). Tomorrow, the last day will probably see some additional top-ups and i'll be leaving here on a high come Monday!! It has been an absolutely incredible experience and I would once again like to thank all of you who have helped me in making this decision.

The team at SMG are absolutely top drawer (Janna, Tom, Dr Ron and all the other ladies!) and the work is exceptional - i'm thoroughly delighted! I have spoken to Janna already, and we'll be posting pics/more details in the next couple of days.

I'll be updating reguarly and i look forward to sharing the ongoing experience in due course!

Thanks everybody - a burden has lifted!!

By the way, just another couple of pointers that i omitted! Prior to having the op, i had grown my hair quite long (hadn't had a hair cut for maybe 4 months!) and was really not looking forward to shaving down - i've never done that look before!

Anyhow, Dr Ron & Tom shaved me down to a number 3 (in the styling room) and then cracked on. By the end of day 1, I had a shaved part at the back of the head (where the fue extractions were taken) so it was pretty important to shave the rest of the back and sides to a number 1! Surprisingly, it doesn't look too bad (it could look worse!) so i'm counting my blessings right now!

I've also taken the decision not to wear any hat till day 6/7 to protect the transplanted area.

Once i reach this stage, i might shave everything down to a no 1 or just shave the top part to a number 2.

Anyhow, pictures to follow shortly folks!

Hey Bash, I always stay at the Country Inn...make sure you take advantage of the free breakfast as well as the free cookies they have lying around all the time icon_biggrin.gif

Got the good news that your sessions went well and happy that your feeling so good about everything. It is exhilarating, scary, exhausting, crazy, and fun all wrapped up into one!!!!

Your going to look great and cannot wait to see your pics mate!!!!!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Congrats Bash! That's quite a marathon you had. And I thought one day was tough. Bring on the pics!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Yes, the hotel has really made this so experience so much easier. It's such a relaxed atmosphere and the receptionists pay no notice (they have no doubt seen hundreds of me!)

I had another 200 today and the final count amounted to a little over 1,300. Again, i cannot explain how great this has been and Janna will be posting pics very shortly! By the way, the complimentary lunches provided by SMG has been awesome too (Chinese, Italian etc!)

By the way, apologies Matt Zupan! I forgot to mention you also. You've been great too.

Over and out for now icon_smile.gif

Great news, Bash! icon_smile.gif I really look forward to seeing your case documented. 1300 is a nice number, for sure.

Congrats on your decision and a smooth road over the most arduous part -- now you just need to summon your patience as the excellence of SMG and your decision shines through over the next year!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi,

Here are some pre op and post op pics of bash77. I'm posting pics two sets of preop pics since Bash came in with long hair. There is a big difference in his look with the short cut. I think the short cut suits him well.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide1-1.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

I agree with you Janna. It's funny how there is an 'optimal' length of hair that allows density, yet doesn't weigh down the hair too much.

The hairline is looking great and the beauty of this is that in 3 weeks, nobody will be any wiser as to the fact that Bash had a procedure. In fact, it likely will only take a week or so.

Happy growing!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Janna, this is great - thanks very much! Any chance you could let the forum know the graft count by 1's & 2's etc?

By the way, to everyone who looks at the pics from the top down you will notice a spot that looks slightly bald! Unfortunately, that's where i have hair discolouration but i'm now treating that with dermatch.

Any questions, let me know...

Sorry - I don't get access to all the chart info from home. Here are Bash's hair/graft count:

1's - 661

2's - 657

Total Grafts=1318 Total Hairs: 1981

Approximately 45-55 grafts planted per cm2

Newest set of pics taken this morning - 3 days post op.

Slide1-2.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

Slide4-1.jpg