Depression

I hear ya. 22 for me & It was not a holiday.

There is hope though .. meds & concealers

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Parsa,

Thanks for providing your insight into this. It's good to see you on our forum. Since we've been in touch privately, I look forward to seeing the results of the immediately postoperative photos you sent me a month ago.

As you can see, I modified your post to include the article you referenced in the actual forum thread rather than linking back to your site. I also attached the graph you referred to at the bottom of your post.

Please feel free to contribute on our forum, but displaying contact and website information is reserved for only those who are recommended.

I look forward to seeing more of you on our forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

I saw this on Dr. Rassman's Balding Blog and thought it was relevant to this topic. It's a great interview with Patrick Stewart (New Star Trek) discussing baldness in his early years. Just goes to show that even though balding can be depressing it's definitely not the end of the world and life can still turn out great.

Here's a link

He's the epitimy of a NW7 so HT wouldn't have even been a good option for him at all. I also think he looks great.

Yeah I thought that was cool too, hes a cool guy, just sucks 90% ofbald men aren't patrick stewart. Its a good way to think of it like that and I would give the same advice to any of my balding friends but its alot harder to think like that for yourself, atleast for me.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Originally posted by MrJobi:

I hear ya. 22 for me & It was not a holiday.

There is hope though .. meds & concealers

Jobi, do concealers work pretty good? I really don't like how my hair is looking the more I grow it out like it use to be since it has thinned, I really wanna go back to buzzing my head but my baldness has progressed to where its more emberassing, I still have hair up there so i feel like concealers might mask it perfectly, but when people touch your head or rub it will it come off on there hands like paint, and smear?

Jupiter, concealers have literally saved my life and kept me from being a total hermit without a hat. Especially in the time period where I became real conscious about my MPB, to when I finally got a HT, I don't know what I'd have done without them, and how I'd have bridged that time period.

A combo of dermmatch and nanogen = miracle. Even now, I'm less freaked out about my loss because I have a HT growing in, but I still won't go into a serious social setting without putting them to work. And they work ridiculously well when you get the right color and master the application.

Looking at your pics, they could completely restore your crown -- at least give the illusion -- and also bolster the thinning areas of your hairline.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Depression is a serious issue which can a dramatic effect on our quality of life.

Those of us who have found this site realise the importance of getting the right person to do our restoration, so If you are suffering debilitating depression, such as we have seen described in this thread, it is vital that you find the best possible help you can in your area.

In Australia we have a wonderful organisation called "beyond blue" which provides great support and information about depression, bipolar, etc. It would be great if people in other countries could provide information on support networks in their country.

I have just undergone my first hair transplant (03/20/08) and I am already very happy with my decision. I entered into the hair transplant with a stable state of mind, stable work situation, strong support networks, etc. In a depressed (or manic) state you are not able to make rational decisions, so it is absolutely the wrong time to go racing into a hair transplant.

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Jupiter, concealers have literally saved my life and kept me from being a total hermit without a hat. Especially in the time period where I became real conscious about my MPB, to when I finally got a HT, I don't know what I'd have done without them, and how I'd have bridged that time period.

A combo of dermmatch and nanogen = miracle. Even now, I'm less freaked out about my loss because I have a HT growing in, but I still won't go into a serious social setting without putting them to work. And they work ridiculously well when you get the right color and master the application.

Looking at your pics, they could completely restore your crown -- at least give the illusion -- and also bolster the thinning areas of your hairline.

Thana, thanks for posting on just about all my boards and answering my questions man seriosuly. The one thing however you didnt answer for me was like when its on if someone rubs your head(say if your with a girl) does it rub off on there hand like makeup or soemthing

No prob....as for a chic (or anyone) rubbing your head....you should be fine -- in my experience I have no issue with this, and another big concealer guy a while back posted about having a first date and at one point the girl ran her fingers through his hair and he was OK. However, if your hair is really wet; or you apply the concealer to very damp hair or apply the concealer with a lot of water, it definitely can run if you touch it. It's key to make sure it is dry by the time you leave the house or are ready for action or w/e. But it really shouldn't rub off on someone's hand like makeup..I mean, I am sure SOME type of residue from it is present, but it not visible to the naked eye and could not be felt.

To safeguard yourself further, you can: blowdry your hair, work a comb through your hair after application to make sure it is evenly spread and very set in place, and/or just make sure when you apply it to your head it is pretty dry.

In my experience, the dermmatch can leave a mark more than nanogen; like if you go to bed with it on, you may very well see markings on your pillow casing depending on how you sleep....one thing to do for sure, though, is to spray some of the "holder" (it's not called this, but they sell it @ the nanogen website) on your hair once you finish applocation. This *really* holds it in place -- so harsh wind, rain, etc, won't displace it or anything....e.g., this morning I did a test to get the nanogen out of my hair...I rubbed a soaked towel through my hair and not only did VERY little come off onto the towel, but my hair looked totally find, save for losing some of the look along the first 1/2 inch of my hairline. And I attribute that to using the least amount of nano and "holding" spray on that area. Btw, I think it is called a "locking mist".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Concealer can realy help but it depends on your hairloss situation.. If you are a N6 then it most likely wont but if you are a N4 & above it can especially if you are a bit diffuse..

The best one as far as staying put is dermatch.. The other tend to smear a bit more and leave a trail.. Dont be suprised though if you sleep over a chicks house that you leave a blotch on her white pillow case. This cannot be avoided..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

This is an excellent thread and one that hits close to home. Being 19, hairloss has absolutely devastated me. Like many others I used to feel outgoing and attractive. Now I must admit that without a hat I feel as if everyone is looking at me. It's scary because having it start so young probably means there is really no hope for me in the future since it's possible I could progress to a Norwood 7. It's hard to accept things you cannot change that influence all parts of your life (girlfriends, job interviews, social situations...).

I too experience great depression and anxiety attacks out of nowhere and I'm certain they are both linked to losing my hair.

The only things that keep me going are baseball caps and optimism about the future of hair transplants. Very few people can relate to me at this age which makes the problem even tougher. I guess it's good to know that there are other people on forums like these that feel the same way.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Grommit:

This is an excellent thread and one that hits close to home. Being 19, hairloss has absolutely devastated me. Like many others I used to feel outgoing and attractive. Now I must admit that without a hat I feel as if everyone is looking at me. It's scary because having it start so young probably means there is really no hope for me in the future since it's possible I could progress to a Norwood 7. It's hard to accept things you cannot change that influence all parts of your life (girlfriends, job interviews, social situations...).

I too experience great depression and anxiety attacks out of nowhere and I'm certain they are both linked to losing my hair.

The only things that keep me going are baseball caps and optimism about the future of hair transplants. Very few people can relate to me at this age which makes the problem even tougher. I guess it's good to know that there are other people on forums like these that feel the same way.

Thanks.

I've written it plenty of times, but man you've got to find some way to come to grips with this and live your life. I for one think a thinning / bald guy who shaves his head daily looks very professional; if a few other things are in place: nicely shaped head, physically fit, sharply dressed.

There are plenty of men who've overcome being completely bald to do great things, and that hat is limiting you more than no hair will. I remember being in my early 20's and wearing hats out to bars. I wish I would've shaved mine and not thought another thing about it. Plenty of professionals I know are bald and look fine. Take a look at coalition doc Bernstein - he's a NW7 and looks great, imo.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 3 weeks later...

anon,

would you be willing to submit some photos of your hair? Perhaps you just need to begin propecia or avodart to prevent further thinning? You should consider it regardless. I don't think it will cure your depression, but it will probably make you feel like you're taking control of your hair loss instead of it taking control of you..

Originally posted by Grommit:

Thanks.

im here too man....