What happens to a lot of posters?

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Hi stamos,

It is true that a number of the same questions resurface, some even relatively frequently. But this is the nature of a real time forum that attracts new members and guests all the time.

We do have a "Frequently Asked Questions and Discussions pinned thread that we can continue to add to however, even then, we certainly don't want to eliminate any posts, even if the same question has been asked.

The exciting part of a forum is for members to interact with one another and to get real-time help when needed. Once suggestion might be, instead of typing a long response, to simply link to another forum topic that has a number of replies and invite the member to join in. I've been doing this for years, and though some have criticized me for it, it was a lot easier than typing the same response over and over again icon_smile.gif.

Pat and I do have some exciting things up our sleeves that will hopefully add some fun and entertainment to our educational community. So stay tuned icon_smile.gif.

But members who regularly contribute to this forum and dedicate a lot of time and energy to helping others know that the real value comes from the intrinsic knowledge that we've helped people transform their lives and acquire a new-found confidence from restoring their hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

You really do a great job, this is a very friendly and responsive forum, my post was just an observation, I hope to stay long here and succeed with my HT, before came here I didn't even consider going outside of Europe, now I make plans for US.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, I am the guy who started this thread and then I leave and don't check back in for a few months. Nice, eh? Back when I posted this and a few other topics I was in the beginning stages of it all. I can't tell you how much this forum helped me. Now I am just over 4 months into it. I didn't feel I could add much until now because I was up and down and not sure what advise I would give. Now after 4 months, it was the BEST thing I have done. I can't say enough about how nice it is to wake up, take off a hat, get out of the shower, pool, etc and not have to worry about how bad I look. It is amazing to have coverage there now, already! I have a part of my life back now I haven't had in 10 years or more. And, the good part is I only have just begun growth! I had 2500 done with Dr. Alexander in Phoenix and everything he said was true. I still have slow growth where the infection was, but it seems to be coming along. I would say now with confidence, if you have the money, do it! I don't have pics. I guess I was too nervous to take them all along, sorry. When I get stuff organized I will post some old pre-op stuff and how it looks now, but having just moved, holidays, etc it has been a little crazy. Well, I hope this helps some folks as these posts helped me along the way. Best thing I did in 2008!! Happy New Year!

I've been on this site for almost 4 years now ( and 3 HT's later) .

Recently I stopped posting due to being busy at work.. Actually, you do hear the same questions over and over again .. This site has a TON of info to make the right choices...

To be honest, I don't think about my hairloss anymore which was unthinkable 3 years ago.. Of course I still want to help others as well to beat their challenges too!!

It can be done!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Well gentlemen, I am a first time poster on this site, but ive been lurking here for almost two years. I got to say, this site has really helped me out a lot on my decision to get a hair transplant in the summer of 2009. I really hope it turns out as good as some of the pictures that i have seen on here. Im pretty young, im 25 yrs old, and i have read about the comments made to some of the young guys that have posted here asking question. But i have to say im pretty confident with the decision i made on getting one, unlike others hairloss is not hereditary for me. Some members in my family do have receding hairlines (NW2) but not bald. My father and my brother have a full head of hair, i guess thats why it has troubled me. I guess what im trying to say is thanks to all you posters for your input, and hopefully my ht will be successful and i will be sure to post all my progress. I have chosen to go with DR. Rahal. Anyways, ill be posting my results as soon as i get it done. Thanks gents

You only hear the good story not the bad ones. Interestingly, There seem to be more good HT than bad ones on this board. Those with bad experience are not incline to write anything, because all you here on this forum is how wonderful doctor a ; b ; c is. The doctors and their reps are here to market themselves or their Clinic.

You only hear the good story not the bad ones. Interestingly, There seem to be more good HT than bad ones on this board. Those with bad experience are not incline to write anything, because all you here on this forum is how wonderful doctor a ; b ; c is. The doctors and their reps are here to market themselves or their Clinic.

Godzluv69,

I just want to clarify a few things for you so you understand.

All genuine experiences, good or bad, are welcome on this forum. I do agree that there are more positive experiences than negative ones - but like "Please Grow Please" said, I believe this is a good thing. In fact, your concerns and experience are still featured and posted on this forum from some time ago.

Additionally, clinical representatives are required to identify themselves in their forum signature members know their affiliations when reading their advice. This is called disclosure and is necessary to help protect this patient community. This is listed in our terms of service everyone agrees to when signing up.

I hope this helps clarify how we operate in case you had any concern.

Best wishes,

Bill

The reason(s) for "bad" procedures these days are simple

-Poor doctor

-unrealistic expectations

-Lack of information

Hair transplantation is not rocket science and these days, it is a an extremely high percentage surgery.. BUT you need to do the groundwork to ensure you are making the right decisions.

It is similar to any major event in your life:

buying a car or home, marriage,etc.. In life you generally hear the bad more becuase that is what sells!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ahhh, all good answers.

People, in general, have a remarkably short attention span unless there is a direct bearing on their own selfish interests.

Further, as all marketers know, FEAR is the greatest and strongest of all human emotions. When someone has taken action against fate and had a HT, much of their fear is gone, and they move forward.

Fortunately for a lot of us here, including Bill who contributes so much to the benefit of others, we find HT an interesting and stimulating topic unto itself.

Much like someone who went through an illness of sorts, lets say you had a nutritional deficienty, and you get it corrrected, then you have an interest in the topic from then on.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

Sorry, I forgot to add in the previous post that the older i get the more my chosen connections in life mean to me.

This is speculation, but it may be the YOUNGER guys on here who jump ship.

I heard many years ago and now believe the old slogan that you really dont know who you are....until you're at least thirty years or older.

I believe it.

The experiences that define me.....I never lose interest in and I have an instant fraternity with people also involved and knowledgeable about these topics:

skiing, travel, hair transplants, meeting strange characters, british humor, watching the adventure channel, sports......how could I lose interest in any of these things?

Then again, i view life as a big experience and a HT wasnt just a "means to an end" for me but something interesting that I took an interest in.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

Great post, and one that's come up over and over again. I used to post religiously 6 years ago before my HT, and then once I got support and guidance and went through the procedure, I dropped off the boards. Someone told me then that this would happen, and it did. I'm very satisfied with the results (Hasson), but now I lurk because I'm thinking of Shapiro, and I'll probably do something again in the next year. My hair loss has never been terrible, which is good and bad, bad because you want an easy decision as far as needing an HT, I always sit in that middle ground. Anyway, that's my opinion - good luck to all. Manko

Indeed , fear is a strong emotion but in my opinion that is what being a man is . Being able to confront your fears and move forward. This compliments your notion about the post 30 era in our lives. No doubt we ( after 30) tend to be stronger as individuals and are able to deal with challenges more easily

No risk, no reward!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 5 weeks later...

I guess I am guilty of falling off the board after my first and probably last HT. I am extremely happy with the results. Friends have told me that my ego went from slum to snob. =(

guess things like that happens when you feel good about yourself.

though i dont check the board often, i do answer emails from people who have questions or concerns about the doctor i went to.

plus with this board, you will never have a question unanswered. this board is full of people who will help anyone-newbie, oldies, botched ht.

So although i dont post much anymore, i do owe my whole HT experience to everyone who helped me in my journey and for that I am forever thankful for this community.

• 3 months later...

Well, I have checked back in and lived through it all to find the answer to my question here. I have not been back here because my life is back, I don't worry about the top of my head anymore and moved on to other things! It was the best thing I could have done, by far! My confidence is back, people comment I look much younger, I don't worry about getting out the pool, taking off my hat, waking up in the morning around people and all the stuff that goes with the worry of very thin hair. I had a lot of questions and worry over all this and for nothing. I would do it again in a minute if the clocked was turned back and I had to make the choice again. If you are on the fence and have the money, run, dont walk to Doc's office. The negatives you see here are few, but I understand they carry a lot of weight in your choices. There are much more positives and I believe the negative posts have background info that they may not be saying or they are just a true medical anomaly. It works.

Originally posted by nw3inAZ:

It seems like a lot of people drop off after a few months of recovery. Why is that? Do they leave because the results are not up to par and they feel dissapointed or because they are now happy and not hair crazed like the rest of us?

I post less now. I am somewhat dissapointed with the result, but recognize that overall I look better.

HT is not perfect, hangin out in the forums, whether the result is good or bad, ultimately is just obsessing. You have to get on with your life at some point.

Originally posted by Godzluv69:

THere is some truth in this. When your result is a 5/10, you just get jealous of the guys who have very thick results and lower hairlines.

Couldn't have stated it better nw3.... Amazing what a little hair will do for quality of life. The way in which I interact with others and vise-versa... It's as if I stepped into a new dimension..... A more relaxed, happy dimension and it shows in my attitude..... May even spring for a second pass in a year or so, no rush however.......

John

This thread has a wealth of information and insight. you almost want to say "all of the above"

Many who come here initially first hear of hair transplants through the marketing machine - the Bosley tv ads, online ads etc. These all tend to show Ugly Duckling to White Swan transformations.

they gather information randomly from the various threads and then either follow advice or go against the grain for whatever their reason may happen to be. They then get an HT and wait impatiently for 3-6 months looking in the mirror hourly. At about that point many decide that their HT did not indeed result in a White Swan effect, but they are not necessarily disfigured either and just decide to put this experience behind them.

I say this because I spent months on this forum lurking and reading before finally registering after my HT. During that time I saw many who came with much excitement only to then vanish after 3 to 6 months never to be heard from again.

The doctors would all like us to believe that they are happy again and simply have gotten on with their lives. Mostly I suspect only the latter part of that is entirely true.

I'm new to the forum as a poster, but have been reading for several months.

Many of you say "questions/answers get old" but I think it's all situational because everyone is different.

I'm asian and I personally would like to see more asian related answers and articles, and photos!

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm a fan of LatinLotus because he's just like me.

So for you moderators, I personally would like to see more attention to non-caucasian hair icon_wink.gif

Since Asian hair is different, it's still difficult to get the details I need to feel comfortable about a HT.

I dont see myself disappearing anytime soon, The more I read, the more I understand and the more I know what I'm getting myself into.

Also, it may be helpful to have a photo section of BAD hair transplants, maybe this will help inform us about what is considered bad. All I see are top notched photos, Its making me feel over confident thinking a HT is a 100% fix!!!