Best Way to Make Your HT Glisten w/ Extra Density&Naturalness?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup i was hoping Thana can finish off this thread with pics but i guess it nvr happened. Are u serious? If so, then i guess he is a bit petty, but i goto admit this post was phenomenal

Anyway i have used all the products he has recommended. I give thumbs up to the aveda volumizing shampoo, and surprisingly the samy fat hair too. I think maybe i m not that used to the aveda hair potion and dirt ( i might have used too much of it )

1) Aveda volumizing shampoo - u can literally feel it. The hair is coarser and harder which i like. However like i said before, the conditioner i do not think there is anything special abt it. Works like any other conditioner

2) Samy fat hair '0' calories thickening creme - its a cheap product and David got me a good deal at buy 1 get 1 free. It feels like the gatsby clay i am using, albeit less build up and more manageable as it does not excessively stiffen out your strands. I would highly recommend it for a do-it-all volumizer. In fact, i think there is no need to blow dry, the effect is better that way.

3) Aveda hair potion - like Thana mentioned, its like salt particles but it just dissolves in your hands. Mock up your hair style with your hands and the product seamlessly gets onto the hair. It depends on your preference. I feel it does not volumize the strands more than the samy, but it defn feels much lighter. Hence if u cannot stand that feeling of having clay products on your hair, i will highly recommend this. It does achieve the layering and volumizing effect but at a high price :) The container is really small and its the most expensive product compared to the rest

4) FX texture dirt- managed to lay my hands on this supposedly miraculous product. din get the original jonathan's but i guess ( or so i hoped ) it works the same way. Well, i think it works just like any other clay product and in fact, i find it more sticky compared to the samy. Maybe i used too much, i prob need more time getting used to it but i cant be wrong abt the stickiness. But make no mistake, the volumizing effect is guaranteed. However, the claim by the manufacturer - feels like the day after washing...i do not concur, more like the day before washing :)

Ok i m done commenting. I might be wrong as i just got the products a few days back but i have been diligently testing them out. Prob i will give myself more time to get used to the dirt :)

I will post photos on the before and after looks after using the above mentioned products

ciao for now!

Edited by wb280

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Samy Fat hair: Amazing stuff and a must have for any HT patient. Totally agree with Wb that you are better off either not blowdrying or only blowdrying a bit.

Hair potion: leaves the hair feeling too brittle in my opinion but I do use it on the crown where texture is not as important. It does do a good job of bulking up.

Aveda shampoo: I personally do not like it. I think Kerastase Capital force is much better at leaving the hair feeling fuller and more managable (Its also $30 a bottle :)

Dirt: Have not tried yet.

This post needs a monthly "Bump" in my opinion and goes into the all time posts hall of fame.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

agreed. I am a bit surprised how come there is only 1 post like this which touch on the various products in the market. With the right products, your hair can transform from a limping thin strand to a thick and luscious one. I strongly feel hair products are as important as having a good HT.

Anyway, i have not tried the keratase capital force but after this aveda runs out, i will prob try it out since u recommended it. How abt bumble and bumble products? Anyone has any comments?

I call out to everyone in the forum who has their own unique comments abt other products so we can tabulate all the results and come up with the a few best ways on styling our hair. This thread will then be listed in the hall of fame :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I actually preferred the bumble and bumble "Dirt" to the Johnathan's dirt when I used to use it. Of course, that was when I had more native hair. I have not tried yet with the HT.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 4 years later...

Bumping this 4 year old thread as I saw David recently pointed it out as a good starting point to another user who was looking for styling wax/gel recommendations.

A shame the OP never posted before/afters, but I'm still going to give the products a try... just spent $80 on Amazon, fingers crossed!

P.s. I'm 5.5 months post op, and have been using Dermmatch. It works good, but is kind of a pain to put on as it requires washing my hair everyday if I want Minox to actually hit my scalp. I'm hopeful this regime will make it so I no longer need Dermmatch, and won't need to wash my hair every day. Thoughts?

• 4 months later...
Bumping this 4 year old thread as I saw David recently pointed it out as a good starting point to another user who was looking for styling wax/gel recommendations.

A shame the OP never posted before/afters, but I'm still going to give the products a try... just spent $80 on Amazon, fingers crossed!

P.s. I'm 5.5 months post op, and have been using Dermmatch. It works good, but is kind of a pain to put on as it requires washing my hair everyday if I want Minox to actually hit my scalp. I'm hopeful this regime will make it so I no longer need Dermmatch, and won't need to wash my hair every day. Thoughts?

Verdict?

Verdict?

i still need dermmatch unfortunately (currently 10 months post op) - mostly in the crown, although my hairline looks softer with some in the front as well.

this regimen is nice to get a modern/slicked back look, but i'm not sure it adds any density... maybe in comparison to other waxes/gels? with everyone raving about the products in this thread, i haven't really experimented with any others. my process goes:

1. wash with aveda 'pure abundance' volumizing shampoo (i don't use conditioner, maybe i should try it)

2. applying samy '0 calories' fat hair throughout towel dried hair

3. applying jonathan dirt texturizing paste to style my hair

4. sprinkling some aveda hair potion into the crown and messing it about with my fingers...i'm not sure if this aveda hair potion makes a difference, perhaps some before and after photos are in order.

Gonna give you guys a protip to add volume and texture.

Seasalt spray works wonders. Anyone that's swam in the ocean knows how much volume your hair has afterward. Helps with oily hair, too.

I use it probably twice a week. I mix my own with Himalayan sea salt. Have DIY video on the bottom showing how to mix it

My method when washing:

Wash hair

Towel dry

Spray hair w/sea salt spray and let set for 5 minutes.

Towel dry again

Blow dry - When you blow dry it, make sure you're blowing it in the direction you want your hair to lay.

When you mix this, just add or deduct depending on how it works best with your hair.

Gonna give you guys a protip to add volume and texture.

Seasalt spray works wonders. Anyone that's swam in the ocean knows how much volume your hair has afterward. Helps with oily hair, too.

I use it probably twice a week. I mix my own with Himalayan sea salt. Have DIY video on the bottom showing how to mix it

My method when washing:

Wash hair

Towel dry

Spray hair w/sea salt spray and let set for 5 minutes.

Towel dry again

Blow dry - When you blow dry it, make sure you're blowing it in the direction you want your hair to lay.

When you mix this, just add or deduct depending on how it works best with your hair.

definitely going to try some sea salt spray... don't know why i never thought of it before, anytime i get out of the ocean my hair feels incredibly thick. thanks for the tip!

i still need dermmatch unfortunately (currently 10 months post op) - mostly in the crown, although my hairline looks softer with some in the front as well.

this regimen is nice to get a modern/slicked back look, but i'm not sure it adds any density... maybe in comparison to other waxes/gels? with everyone raving about the products in this thread, i haven't really experimented with any others. my process goes:

1. wash with aveda 'pure abundance' volumizing shampoo (i don't use conditioner, maybe i should try it)

2. applying samy '0 calories' fat hair throughout towel dried hair

3. applying jonathan dirt texturizing paste to style my hair

4. sprinkling some aveda hair potion into the crown and messing it about with my fingers...i'm not sure if this aveda hair potion makes a difference, perhaps some before and after photos are in order.

Good stuff, will give this a try. Been using the Nioxin nonsense.