Growth rate of new transplants and MSM

Rugger

Anyone else experience different rates of growth in their existing hair vs their new grafted hair?...My original hair, now that I'm inhaling MSM like popcorn, is growing by leaps and bounds, along with my fingernails and toenails...but the grafted hair is growing at a slower rate...its pretty obvious one month after each haircut i get...

Anyone else seeing this while using MSM, or not?

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Anyone else experience different rates of growth in their existing hair vs their new grafted hair?...My original hair, now that I'm inhaling MSM like popcorn, is growing by leaps and bounds, along with my fingernails and toenails...but the grafted hair is growing at a slower rate...its pretty obvious one month after each haircut i get...

Anyone else seeing this while using MSM, or not?

I've been on MSM for a few months and my hair is looking healthier and shiny-- It might be growing faster but I dont know. However your new HT FU hairs will not grow as fast as normal hair until the dormant period is over about 8-10 weeks. THen it should grow at the same rate.

I have definitely noticed my original hair growing much faster. Also my older transplanted hair from my 1st procedure seems to be growing at the same fast rate. I re-buzzed the back of my head with the same #6 clipper I used 2 weeks ago and nearly 1/2" of hair was trimmed off. That would equate to an inch per month! Seems crazy. No new hairs from the most recent transplant. Shock fallout has stopped, so that's a relief. Getting ready to get tanked and going to the Van Halen concert tonight. I'd better load up on MSM and vitamins 1st.

Smoothy..I'm almost 7 months post op now..and while my original hair is growing like mad with this MSM, the grafted hair is lagging a bit..I'm sure that it will normalize along with the hair itself being less kinky and wispy as it matures over the firs 12-15 months....im still sprouting new grafts as well even this far out...amazing...

i was just curious if anyone else had been experiencing a noticeable difference in growth rates between the grafted hair and their original hair,`while using MSM...

Rugger,

I'm taking 3000mg of MSM per day and the rest of my hair seems to be growing 3 times as fast the transplanted area. Are you thinking MSM is causing adverse effects or non-effective accelerated growth of the transplanted region and only allowing its capabilties to effect the well established hair? I figure the reason for the slower growth is all part of the maturization process. Not sure what role that MSM is playing on the new seedlings....

----------------------------------------------------------

hairb...thats what im thinking as well...that the transplanted hair itself might be growing faster than it normally would, but still lagging behind the original hair until it matures....i think the MSM helps the growth rate of all the hair, but it cant do AS much on the transplanted hair in its infancy stage...

I agree, the infant hair is not able to absorb equal nutrition when compared to the matured hair. Hopefully it balances out soon

----------------------------------------------------------

Hugh, you mean "Van Hagar", don't you?

Every now and then I encounter someone who prefers Sammy to Dave and I just want to...AAAARRRGHHH!!!

Sorry, nothing personal. Just have to blow off some steam. Man, if I have one pet peeve, that's it: Sammy fans. Feeling better now.

By the way, have you seen Juniors' grades?

• 5 years later...

Isn't it true that studies have shown that MSM gets better delivered in the body when taken along with glucosamine? I thought I read that somewhere.

CVS usually has MSM+GA caps almost always on some kind of deal (buy 1 get 1 etc).