concerned about my ht progress opinions please

Jojo

hi everyone, I had my ht done last Oct 10 so its been about 8months. I had 2500gfts to fill in the temples and re-establish the hairline, my doc said I'd have good coverage like 75%. Well i had a hair cut about a month ago and i just left the hair quite long, because the new hair was thin and a different caliber from the native hair. So i thought i'd let the new hair catch up a bit. The hair dresser asked me if i burnt my hair and i just said "its complicated" Anyways when I'm out in public i throw on a base-ball cap, haven't really been styling my hair. Now lately i've been getting a little worried about the state of my new hair. Its not that dense really, kinda see though i'd say, I don't feel like i could style it much if i got a new hair cut. Maybe im being paranoid and i'm wrong. I cant be arsed to get into a panic now, but feel like chopping the hair down and ditching the hat. I've included some pics for you guys to check out, its kinda hard to get an accurate picture of the condition of my hair. I'd welcome some opinions, advise etc. Thanks a lot

http://i339.photobucket.com/al...80/hairlinefront.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/al...rlinefrontcloser.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/al...n_080/ritetemple.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/al...ritetemplecloser.jpg

Jojo,

I'm sorry you're concerned with how your hair transplant is progressing.

First off - have you talked to your doctor about your concerns? If not, be sure to do so.

Honestly, without before and surgical pictures, it's difficult to gauge the kind of progress you've made so far.

In the first two pictures, your hair looks messy and unstyled, potentially exacerbating your concerns. Your hair does look a little thin in the third photo, but without before and surgical photos, it's hard to gauge how much growth you've had so far. Your hair in the 4th picture looks pretty good I'd say.

Though 8 months is further along now, you still have several months before your hair transplant is considered mature. A lot can happen in 4 months as hair continues to thicken.

If you can provide before and surgical photos, this would be helpful in evaluating.

Bill

I echo what Bill has said. we need some before pics. also, 7 months is still quite early in the ht process. i noticed significant improvement especially in months 8-9 but it will continue to mature up til 18 months. just be patient and good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think you could absolutely style your hair as is. Cut it a bit shorter, and buy some wax or clay to use as product. Your HT is still in a very "immature" state, too, so the hairs' charachteristics will likely improve over the next ~6months.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

can i ask who your dr was??

i think you ought to trim it all the same lenght, if its not already... also like others have said we need to see some before pics to really judge your progress........ do you have any pics immediate post op?...

i agree with thana, you prob could pull off some decent styles at this point but i see what you are talking about because your situation looks alot like mine actually.... i bet the sun seems to cut right thru the transplants.... sadly i cannot expect any further 'thickening' while you still prob have some left... however be aware that at 8 months its prob pretty likely that all the grafts that are gonna grow are growing at this point....sorry to be blunt.

if you wanna get out from under that hat you can look into a concealers... i believe in your case dermmatch will serve you best because its easier to use up front.. its been my savior

BE CAREFUL THO... do not apply to much, and do NOT apply right to the front of the hairline... rather behind the hairline and then lightly fade the dermmatch closer to the hairline... a LITTLE makes a huge difference and if done right will look pretty natural in most conditions.... all the best

who was your dr???? oh wait i asked that alreadyicon_wink.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Dr R?

It looks fine from the photos, which are not very conclusive...looks a bit wild but otherwise looks good. Some of my transplanted hairs are standing straight up, just takes time is all.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Some of my transplanted hairs are standing straight up, just takes time is all.

i hate to be such a negative nelly here but i was told this several times when i expressed that my transplanted hair stands up making it even EASIER to disappear in sunlight... i was told 'meh, it will settle, its just kinky, just give it time'... been a couple years now and its quite clear its never gonna settle in my case, leaving me with one styling option...

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated, just emailed some pics to my ht doc to get his opinion. I'll get a shorter hair cut and then i'll post some new pics, i don't think posting my before pics would be much help because there not great pictures, i was about a norwood 3, so in the pics i just showed you - all the hairline/ part of temples is new going back an inch or so. thanks a lot

After my first transplant I couldnt even comb my forward when wet.

It would just pop up no matter how soaked it was.

Glad to say now that with a REAL surgery and time not only does my hair fall flat when wet it no longer sticks straight up . I can comb it back and it stays there or forward and the same.

well i don't want to go back to that comb forward look, i had enough of that, i got so pissed off wearing my hair like that, and i never felt comfortable shaving my head. Hopefully my ht will become more dense

hi folks, so do you think a person can grow more new hairs 8months after the ht? I emailed my ht doc and he said - he notices a big difference and improvement in hair thickness and density between 8 to 12 months. I wonder will i grow anymore new hairs though? The general coverage is fine, but kinda see through, a little sparse, more so on the right side, theres big gaps in-between the ht hairs like in picture 3. You can see in that picture that not all the hairs have taken or are they still dormant? I was expecting more density in my case since i was having a relatively small area treated with 2500gfts. I know the new hair has to mature but i think i should have more hairs / density in general. Even if the hairs mature it will still be pretty thin and i mite not be be able to do much with it. 75% coverage my doc said, is that what i have now?

well I'm thinking positive my friends, all you can do is pick a top doc, and take care of your self, which i have. My result thus far is an improvement to pre-ht, had a hair cut today, its looking pretty good, i think the hairdresser was delighted to have all that hair to play with, I strolled in and whipped off the hat and said "chop it!" then the chick pulled out a celeb mag (holding out a page with these male model hair styles) and said what would you like? so she must have seen potential, she gave me a kinda emo hair cut which looks cool, the hair falls better and if wind comes i just smile! lol. cause i know i have a hairline for the first time in a loooooog time.

I think its nearly impossible to judge a HT without any pre operation pics. Maybe ur expectations are too high. Maybe u needed more Grafts or maybe it just needs a bit more time. There are some that report about a second boost between month 8-12.