I got my hair transplant done on 19 feb but the results are not good( I am guessing) . Donor area is too much harvested and front hairline is also not good as there is distance between the grafts. Need help (1500 grafts)

• Moderators

They should have used a larger donor area to spread the extractions out, so it would be less noticeable. You are probably getting some shock loss. Some of it will grow back in. It's hard to know how bad it is without seeing pictures right after the surgery. Are you willing to post any pictures of the hairline where they placed the grafts?

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

As said above me, they should have spread the grafts to larger area, you'll need to wait 4-6 months for final donor recovery result.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

They over harvest your donor because they didnt spread the extractions. This can be fixed with many way but this will cost you time, money and you will need to be patient. Where didi you had this done and where are you living?

• Administrators

It’s still early, but the extraction pattern could have been better. That said, give it time. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is a very poor extraction pattern. Looks like they took more than 1.5k worth of grafts too. 

I hope that is some shock loss, but if not it's really going to need attention at a later date. 

Unfortunately for now all you can do is wait and see how it progresses over the coming months..

Next time it needs to be a Dr who can actually properly take care of the donor area. This was anything but homogeneous. Please do name the clinic! 

not to be a pessimist, but if the surgeon did such a poor extraction job, I do not have confidence that the other aspects of your surgery went well. 

Can you share frontal photos?

• Like 1

It is so hard to know if this is bad or good without details.  The pattern does look too small but maybe it is ok with number of grafts. We don;t even know how long it has been.  My donor looked terrible after due to shock loss but looks fine now.  Give it time..find out more details. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:47 PM, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

They should have used a larger donor area to spread the extractions out, so it would be less noticeable. You are probably getting some shock loss. Some of it will grow back in. It's hard to know how bad it is without seeing pictures right after the surgery. Are you willing to post any pictures of the hairline where they placed the grafts?

IMG20240219152420_01.jpg

IMG_20240302_202505.jpg

IMG20240301224016_01.jpg

On 3/2/2024 at 3:58 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

not to be a pessimist, but if the surgeon did such a poor extraction job, I do not have confidence that the other aspects of your surgery went well. 

Can you share frontal photos?

IMG_20240302_202505.jpg

IMG20240219152420_01.jpg

IMG20240301224016_01.jpg

Wait for a while to see if it's a shock loss. Until then you can follow verteporfin thread. It's experimental but very promising. You probably can improve scarring and regenerate some of hair.

I feel your hairline is a bit too low, and the grafts are placed in straight lines—which indicates inexperienced doctor/technicians. 
You should just wait and let it grow and see how it looks. 

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/