Dr. Muresanu - Hattingen Podcast Today Submit Your Questions

• Administrators

I'll be talking with Dr. Muresanu today. Shoot me your questions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

how do you hair transplants evolving in the future & improving?

We are seeing some surgeons harvesting far more grafts then in the past

Great question.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

What is Dr. Mursenu's opinion on temple point restoration, is it something he does regularly? It seems that when it goes well it looks great, but due to how fine the hair is, how important the angles are, it is really tricky to do. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

What is Dr. Mursenu's opinion on temple point restoration, is it something he does regularly? It seems that when it goes well it looks great, but due to how fine the hair is, how important the angles are, it is really tricky to do. 

Good question, we’ve rescheduled the podcast so he could provide some examples. But keep the questions coming.

View my thread

What are his views on FUT vs FUE in 2024, especially for NW6/NW7? Back in the day, the strategy was do as many FUTs, then FUEs once laxity is depleted. Now, we see the top hair restoration surgeons saying pure FUE is better.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

What are his views on FUT vs FUE in 2024, especially for NW6/NW7? Back in the day, the strategy was do as many FUTs, then FUEs once laxity is depleted. Now, we see the top hair restoration surgeons saying pure FUE is better.

That's an excellent question. I have asked him to give me some examples of both FUT and FUE.

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Good question, we’ve rescheduled the podcast so he could provide some examples. But keep the questions coming.

Melvin, I know Dr Sever has been on some other podcasts/YT channels recently and has talked a lot about hairline extraction repairs (I think they're doing two or three per week sometimes as I recall). If there's an opportunity for some "show and tell" like you did with Dr Zarev of such cases, I think that would be brilliant. More and more people will require such repairs in the years to come, so having some more publicly available cases will help us all to make recommendations to prospective patients about who is doing the best work in this area.

The case Dr Zarev shared was a bit of a world exclusive in that respect - we'd never seen examples of such work from him previously (ditto the temple points!), which is why I asked those questions in the thread you posted in advance of the show (I'd like to think my username helped!). I don't actually think we've seen any cases from Hattingen in this area either even though they've spoken a lot about it and clearly do this work regularly.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 2/29/2024 at 10:30 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

how can i test at home if my scalp has good laxity or not?

I think there was a short video on this a long time ago. I think it was from Hasson and Wong. I wonder if I can find it.

EDIT:

OK. Here is the one I was thinking of. The video on this page shows you how to improve scalp laxity.

https://hassonandwong.com/scalp-laxity-exercises/

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

11 hours ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

I think there was a short video on this a long time ago. I think it was from Hasson and Wong. I wonder if I can find it.

EDIT:

OK. Here is the one I was thinking of. The video on this page shows you how to improve scalp laxity.

https://hassonandwong.com/scalp-laxity-exercises/

yes, how to improve but it doesnt really show how to determine where you stand laxity wise