Dr. Bicer Reviewed by the Board For the Coalition of Independent Physicians

• Administrators

As most of you know, our recommendation process has changed. The new process here. We used to request input from our Community as a whole. However, this meant that anyone could register and cast a vote. Instead, we dialed it down and selected a board of highly esteemed, valued contributors from the forum with extensive surgical hair restoration knowledge to judge a physician's body of work based on our criteria. To view our membership criteria for the Coalition, click here.

Dr. Bicer has already been approved and recommended by our Community since 2021. However, our Coalition members are physicians who have demonstrated the ability to go above and beyond for their patients in their results and patient care.

Why We Feel Dr. Bicer Should Be in the Coalition 

Dr. Ozlem Bicer graduated with honors from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Trakya in Turkey in 1998. After completing her surgical training and medicine at the University of Trakya, she became certified by the Health Ministry of the Turkish Republic to treat hair loss and perform hair transplantation. Dr. Bicer has a full-time exclusive hair restoration practice –Dr. Bicer Clinic is based in Istanbul, Turkey. Dr. Bicer firmly believes that hair transplant surgeons should be involved in every step of the surgical process as it is a serious medical procedure. Dr. Bicer is involved in every step of the process, from the consultation to the monitoring of graft implantation. 

Dr. Bicer's ethics and patient care are above and beyond. The scope in which she cares for her patients is unlike we've ever witnessed or seen. In addition, she's highly respected and esteemed among her peers.

Dr. Bicer Surgical Protocol  

Dr. Bicer takes an individual approach to each surgery. She devises a long-term plan for each patient, considering their present and future goals. Dr. Bicer believes in providing excellent results that stand the test of time. She devises the surgical plan, designs the hairline, performs follicular unit extraction, and creates all recipient sites. Dr. Bicer does one procedure daily, even if she can do two. Dr. Bicer prefers to provide her undivided attention to one patient from beginning to end. One factor that separates Dr. Bicer from other physicians is that she only accepts patients willing to follow up with her regularly for twelve months. Even if her patients live in different parts of the globe, she wants to be involved and monitor their progress each month. 

Dr. Bicer performs FUE, longhair FUE, and BHT. Although she hasn't performed FUT in quite some time, she does offer it in her clinic. 

The board has independently reviewed Dr. Bicer's results and credentials. A case was brought into question in which the hairline contained some multiples and, by all measures, did not reflect the typical work we see from Dr. Bicer. The patient returned in September of last year for another procedure. It should be noted that the patient was happy at the end of 12 months and mentioned that no one in real life had anything negative to say about his hair. He will update his thread for his second procedure in the next few weeks. It is crucial to examine these cases. As the saying goes, "judge me by my failures, not my successes." Dr. Bicer took excellent care of this patient. 

Special thank you to board. For total transparency, all, except for Al (our moderator), are unpaid community members.

@Gatsby @A_4_Archan @Steeeve @Berba11 @Al - formerly BeHappy

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.