Repair from Dr. Bisanga - Did adding density result in depleted area?

4 hours ago, patronovski said:

And no way i will go back to BHR again to fix this. 

For me, a clinic has only one chance, you do it first time right, or you dont touch my head. For this reason, i offered 500 euros to BHR (they didnt accepted it) via email for just telling me their honest opinion. Will you fu.. my hair or not with this operation ? If yes, keep the money and i will not do this surgery.

You have been and continue to be completely unreasonable about BHR. When you wrote the opening post, it was way too soon for you to make an informed judgment about whether BHR did a good job or not...and it still is. Over and over the knowledgeable people on this forum have patiently told you that and you have ignored them. Furthermore, the way you initially told your story you gave the impression that BHR only gave you 150 grafts. Only later did it come out (thanks to BHR's post) that they gave you twice that many. That's a weird thing to fail to mention.

You were also lightning quick to accuse @Melvin- Admin of being unethical and shilling for the clinics when all he was trying to do is be fair and reasonable to both BHR and you. As the site's admin, that's his responsibility. You owe him an apology.

The only value this thread brings to this forum is that it shows an example of an unreasonable review of a clinic.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs-down 1

2 hours ago, Odysseus said:

You have been and continue to be completely unreasonable about BHR. When you wrote the opening post, it was way too soon for you to make an informed judgment about whether BHR did a good job or not...and it still is. Over and over the knowledgeable people on this forum have patiently told you that and you have ignored them. Furthermore, the way you initially told your story you gave the impression that BHR only gave you 150 grafts. Only later did it come out (thanks to BHR's post) that they gave you twice that many. That's a weird thing to fail to mention.

You were also lightning quick to accuse @Melvin- Admin of being unethical and shilling for the clinics when all he was trying to do is be fair and reasonable to both BHR and you. As the site's admin, that's his responsibility. You owe him an apology.

The only value this thread brings to this forum is that it shows an example of an unreasonable review of a clinic.

Dude, I think you don’t understand nothing. They didnt give me twice, they quoted me for 300 grafts, i paid for 300 and i did 300 grafts. I also wrote why i didnt do all 300 grafts on the hairline. At the time of writing my very first post my whole attention was the patchiness on the sides. My frustration was that the doctor didnt took my concerns seriously when i mentioned about the fact that it is not a good idea to touch the sides. I already was afraid that this would happen.

Second, you clearly do not understand, because i also wrote several times that its not about the results only. Its the whole experience i had with this clinic. He didnt even do any examination with microscope or something to check if the hairs on the sides are suitable and good quality as a donor. He was so in a rush, not kind to me, not caring .

Third, i think i put to much effort in this reply for you.

Edited by patronovski
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2024 at 1:05 PM, patronovski said:

Dude, I think you don’t understand nothing. They didnt give me twice, they quoted me for 300 grafts, i paid for 300 and i did 300 grafts. I also wrote why i didnt do all 300 grafts on the hairline. At the time of writing my very first post my whole attention was the patchiness on the sides. My frustration was that the doctor didnt took my concerns seriously when i mentioned about the fact that it is not a good idea to touch the sides. I already was afraid that this would happen.

Your opening post said, "He adviced not to implant 300 grafts, but just 50 to see if it will grow. But i still had to pay the full price, so i was like: i am not gonna pay full price for just 50 grafts, so lets do 150 grafts instead. During the surgery the doctor took around 50 grafts from my right side and 100 grafts from the left side."

In your second post you wrote, "Like i said, initial plan was to implant 300, but at surgery date we decided to implant 150."

So you told us that, in exchange for "the full price", you said, "lets do 150 grafts" - and then you confirmed "we decided to implant 150" - and you even describe where the 150 came from. You clearly gave the false impression that you received 150 grafts for "the full price." But the reality was that you got twice as many grafts...a fact that we wouldn't know until BHR revealed it.

And yet, you want to act like failing to mention that you got twice as many grafts as you told us you got is a minor detail. 🙄

And anyone who reads your opening posts will easily see that your two main gripes were

1. You couldn't get the 300 grafts you expected to get - even though you did get them, but 150 of them went into your donor area. I think most of us could at least understand the disappointment you felt...until you then started saying your hairline wasn't that bad to begin with! WTH? 🤨

2. The areas on the side of your head have been horribly thinned out and look much worse than they did before - which isn't true and they will likely look even better when you give your hair time to recover and grow back in (as everyone has told you).

So your hairline is fine and your sides will be fine...but you're still mad at @BHRClinic🤷‍♂️

Your complaint about how you were treated at the clinic was almost an afterthought compared to your complaints about your thinned donor area. And that complaint about how you were treated is something we can't judge objectively like we can your photos. We have to decide if you seem like someone whose perceptions can be trusted. Thankfully, you have given us examples of you forming such perceptions right here in this thread. What we have seen is a guy who is way too quick to unjustly accuse someone of wrongdoing.

If they're wise, every reputable HT clinic will refuse you as a patient. You're going to find fault with them no matter what.

I've said what I have to say and will ignore this thread starting now. It is a waste of time.

• Thumbs-down 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

Your opening post said, "He adviced not to implant 300 grafts, but just 50 to see if it will grow. But i still had to pay the full price, so i was like: i am not gonna pay full price for just 50 grafts, so lets do 150 grafts instead. During the surgery the doctor took around 50 grafts from my right side and 100 grafts from the left side."

In your second post you wrote, "Like i said, initial plan was to implant 300, but at surgery date we decided to implant 150."

So you told us that, in exchange for "the full price", you said, "lets do 150 grafts" - and then you confirmed "we decided to implant 150" - and you even describe where the 150 came from. You clearly gave the false impression that you received 150 grafts for "the full price." But the reality was that you got twice as many grafts...a fact that we wouldn't know until BHR revealed it.

And yet, you want to act like failing to mention that you got twice as many grafts as you told us you got is a minor detail. 🙄

And anyone who reads your opening posts will easily see that your two main gripes were

1. You couldn't get the 300 grafts you expected to get - even though you did get them, but 150 of them went into your donor area. I think most of us could at least understand the disappointment you felt...until you then started saying your hairline wasn't that bad to begin with! WTH? 🤨

2. The areas on the side of your head have been horribly thinned out and look much worse than they did before - which isn't true and they will likely look even better when you give your hair time to recover and grow back in (as everyone has told you).

So your hairline is fine and your sides will be fine...but you're still mad at @BHRClinic🤷‍♂️

I think that we can seperate 2 things

1) complaining about the result of the surgery. 

And as i wrote in this topic, it is way too early to talk about the result. Obvious.

2) planning the surgery and clinic-patient relationship 

Well, here is where the things become weird. 

At initial consultation they talked about around 1000 grafts in the hairline. Patronovski says that BHR didn't inform him about low survival rate (50%). He wrote that this first consultation took place in the clinic. But he didn't mention who examined him.

Then few months later he send to BHR more photos and they said that he will need only 300-400 grafts. 

Then at the day of the surgery they inform him about 50% survival rate and change the plan to 50 test grafts and want to cash him 2000 euro? And then what after this test? He can come later and get rest of the grafts free of charge or have to pay another 2000 euro?

Yeah, to be honest, i don't like this "pay us 2000 euro for the test". Clinic is unsure and wants to do the tests, do it for free or whatever. 

But he was already there, paid for hotel, traveled, wasted his time. So he started bargaining in the heat of the moment. And it ended on 150 grafts in the hairline and "promotional" 150 beard grafts in the donor. I must say that i get why he didn't mention this 150 beard grafts in the donor in his initial post. Because he didn't need it and propably doesn't care about it. Look at his donor before the procedure. It looked fine, this beard transplant in his donor seems useless. 

So to be honest. If at the day of procedure clinic would told me "let's do 50 test grafts for 2000 euro", i think best idea is to walk away. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 4

• Moderators
14 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

At initial consultation they talked about around 1000 grafts in the hairline. Patronovski says that BHR didn't inform him about low survival rate (50%). He wrote that this first consultation took place in the clinic. But he didn't mention who examined him.

Then few months later he send to BHR more photos and they said that he will need only 300-400 grafts. 

Then at the day of the surgery they inform him about 50% survival rate and change the plan to 50 test grafts and want to cash him 2000 euro? And then what after this test? He can come later and get rest of the grafts free of charge or have to pay another 2000 euro?

Yeah, to be honest, i don't like this "pay us 2000 euro for the test". Clinic is unsure and wants to do the tests, do it for free or whatever. 

But he was already there, paid for hotel, traveled, wasted his time. So he started bargaining in the heat of the moment. And it ended on 150 grafts in the hairline and "promotional" 150 beard grafts in the donor. I must say that i get why he didn't mention this 150 beard grafts in the donor in his initial post. Because he didn't need it and propably doesn't care about it. Look at his donor before the procedure. It looked fine, this beard transplant in his donor seems useless. 

So to be honest. If at the day of procedure clinic would told me "let's do 50 test grafts for 2000 euro", i think best idea is to walk away. 

The initial consultation was a couple of months before the one year mark after his first HT. He may have looked like he needed closer to 1000 grafts at that time if the hair hadn't fully grown out and matured yet. Once he hit the one year mark and went back, it may have improved enough so that he only needed 300 to 400 grafts.

Honestly though, I'm not sure what BHR could have done. The patient was complaining about a depleted donor, so the Dr shouldn't take hair from the area the patient thinks is already too thin and wants to improve. That only leaves the sides, which in this case was the better hair to take anyway because he was trying to soften the hairline and you need the finer hairs from the sides to properly do that. The patient is complaining that they only took 150 grafts from the sides (100 from one side and 50 from the other), but also complaining that they thinned the area out too much. it would have been much worse if they took more grafts. They did take 150 grafts from (I think it was the beard) to try to do a test to see if those grafts would grow in the back donor area that was depleted from the first HT which was something he wanted to try to improve.

I'm just not sure what else could have been done to try to make this patient happy. He doesn't want to remove grafts, but he wants more grafts. That isn't possible.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 2
  • Well Done 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, BeHappy said:

The initial consultation was a couple of months before the one year mark after his first HT. He may have looked like he needed closer to 1000 grafts at that time if the hair hadn't fully grown out and matured yet. Once he hit the one year mark and went back, it may have improved enough so that he only needed 300 to 400 grafts.

Honestly though, I'm not sure what BHR could have done. The patient was complaining about a depleted donor, so the Dr shouldn't take hair from the area the patient thinks is already too thin and wants to improve. That only leaves the sides, which in this case was the better hair to take anyway because he was trying to soften the hairline and you need the finer hairs from the sides to properly do that. The patient is complaining that they only took 150 grafts from the sides (100 from one side and 50 from the other), but also complaining that they thinned the area out too much. it would have been much worse if they took more grafts. They did take 150 grafts from (I think it was the beard) to try to do a test to see if those grafts would grow in the back donor area that was depleted from the first HT which was something he wanted to try to improve.

I'm just not sure what else could have been done to try to make this patient happy. He doesn't want to remove grafts, but he wants more grafts. That isn't possible.

Speaking about this 1000 grafts at the initial consultation. I don't think it was Bisanga that estimated this number. I had live consultation with Bisanga and i must say it was most detailed live consultation that i had (from total 4). So i doubt that Bisanga would tell 1000 grafts and then change his mind to 50 grafts few months later. 

I agree that patient concerns about the result are out of place, it is not time yet to write such statements. Bisanga knew what he was doing when he took thinner hair for the hairline. It is "Hair transplants 101". 

i think the whole problem in this situation is that patient regrets that he did this procedure and he feels like he wasted money. And based on this feeling, he has reservations about everything - some of them seem reasonable, others are far-fetched

And why he regrets the procedure? It is a problem of managing the expectations. On the first live consultation somebody in BHR told him that he needs 1000 grafts. Then few months later another person told him online that he needs 300-Then finally at the day of procedure Bisanga told him about low survival rate and that he wants to implant in the hairline only 50 grafts. Patient felt that 50 grafts procedure is a waste of money, so he negotiated and they agreed on  150 grafts in the hairline and 150 extra in the donor. 

I guess, that at the day of operation, it was the first time that Bisanga saw him live. I don't think it is good to make decisions regarding changing plan of the procedure in the heat of the moment and under pressure. 

So to answer your question "what could have been done to make this patient happy?" Managing the patient expectations could be better and plan could be more constant. To provide this the first live consultation should be at least after 12 months mark and should be with the same doctor that is going to lead the surgery. 

I could be wrong about this that first live consultation wasn't with Bisanga(it isn't mentioned in this topic), but it seems really weird to me that Bisanga would say 1000 grafts and then few months later would say "let's do 50 grafts for the test". 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

And why he regrets the procedure? It is a problem of managing the expectations. On the first live consultation somebody in BHR told him that he needs 1000 grafts. Then few months later another person told him online that he needs 300-Then finally at the day of procedure Bisanga told him about low survival rate and that he wants to implant in the hairline only 50 grafts. Patient felt that 50 grafts procedure is a waste of money, so he negotiated and they agreed on  150 grafts in the hairline and 150 extra in the donor. 

I guess, that at the day of operation, it was the first time that Bisanga saw him live. I don't think it is good to make decisions regarding changing plan of the procedure in the heat of the moment and under pressure. 

So to answer your question "what could have been done to make this patient happy?" Managing the patient expectations could be better and plan could be more constant. To provide this the first live consultation should be at least after 12 months mark and should be with the same doctor that is going to lead the surgery. 

Yes. I do think the communication could have been better. You are right on that. In any event, we will need to wait a few more months to see how it turns out because ultimately it's the actual end result that matters most.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/9/2024 at 4:06 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

I think that we can seperate 2 things

1) complaining about the result of the surgery. 

And as i wrote in this topic, it is way too early to talk about the result. Obvious.

Thanks @GeneralNorwood, i couldn t describe it better. You are one of the few that realy is reading and understanding well. What you wrote is absolutely correct about the pressure i had to make the decission, about the pricing and about the beard grafts (which where useless).

I had my first consult with Dr. Bisanga, but like i said he was always in a rush. The consult didnt even took 10 minutes. I just had bad feelings, but at the same time i ve read alot of good reviews about him on this forum. So i chose him even though i had mixed feelings. 

On 2/9/2024 at 6:11 PM, BeHappy said:

Thank god we didnt do 300 scalp grafts. I can only be happy about that, because my sides would have been in a even worse condition.
I think if they took 300 grafts from the back, it wouldnt look worse then it was before. Because the area is much bigger in the back, so they could spread it over this bigger area.

On 2/10/2024 at 1:37 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

Speaking about this 1000 grafts at the initial consultation. I don't think it was Bisanga that estimated this number. I had live consultation with Bisanga and i must say it was most detailed live consultation that i had (from total 4). So i doubt that Bisanga would tell 1000 grafts and then change his mind to 50 grafts few months later. 

I agree that patient concerns about the result are out of place, it is not time yet to write such statements. Bisanga knew what he was doing when he took thinner hair for the hairline. It is "Hair transplants 101". 

i think the whole problem in this situation is that patient regrets that he did this procedure and he feels like he wasted money. And based on this feeling, he has reservations about everything - some of them seem reasonable, others are far-fetched

I could be wrong about this that first live consultation wasn't with Bisanga(it isn't mentioned in this topic), but it seems really weird to me that Bisanga would say 1000 grafts and then few months later would say "let's do 50 grafts for the test". 

My first consult was with dr Bisanga yes. After the consult i walked away with this lady and went to her room to see some available dates. There she mentioned about 1000 grafts and about the costs (4 euros per graft).

Couple months later, i emailed this lady with new photo's and she said looks like 300 is enough. I assume she consults with the doctor before she tells me anything.

Edited by patronovski

On 1/29/2024 at 6:03 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

150 grafts it's like nothing. I doubt that it would hurt the donor. Removing few grafts per cm2 won't make difference. 

But this information that only 50% grafts will survive... I didn't know that if you do the touch up procedure, survival rate goes down that significantly.

So if you paid 2000 euro for the "test", do you have to pay again 2000 euro for the next "test"?  

I was told a similar thing (the recipient is worked up, survival rate will be limited) when considering a 3rd procedure in hairline (densifying) by the surgeon that did the first two that had not been entirely satisfying. It didn't sound good and I after a while I inquired the same with another surgeon and he told me it was an excuse for the less skilled doctors and that he guaranteed me no less than 85% survival rate (95% if it had been a virgin area). Finally it went very well with an excellent result. It's hard to believe that Bissanga mentions 50% survival rates for areas that have already been worked on, I am sure he has tons of patients like you.

Edited by Broni
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Broni said:

I was told a similar thing (the recipient is worked up, survival rate will be limited) when considering a 3rd procedure in hairline (densifying) by the surgeon that did the first two that had not been entirely satisfying. It didn't sound good and I after a while I inquired the same with another surgeon and he told me it was an excuse for the less skilled doctors and that he guaranteed me no less than 85% survival rate (95% if it had been a virgin area). Finally it went very well with an excellent result. It's hard to believe that Bissanga mentions 50% survival rates for areas that have already been worked on, I am sure he has tons of patients like you.

The survival rate will be dependant on the quality of the first surgery. The amount of scar tissue will vary between individuals and influence the potential survival rate of further implantation into the area. 

It may be that upon examining the area under magnification 50 is a realistic estimate - no two cases are the same and the only person who has examined the OP is Bisanga.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, patronovski said:

Thank god we didnt do 300 scalp grafts. I can only be happy about that, because my sides would have been in a even worse condition.

Right. That's why I've been suggesting that with all things going on physically and mentally, it was probably best that they did the surgery the way they did. It sucks to spend a lot of money on such a small procedure. I understand that, but if you consider everything, you are probably better off. You would have really been having a mental meltdown if he did a lot more grafts and you saw more depletion and/or shock loss. I understand how you feel. It can be really rough going through a HT especially if you had problems with the first one. It's hard to trust anyone touching your head if the first one didn't go so well. I don't remember what country you are from, but if you didn't travel and did it in the USA you probably would have spent a few thousand anyway, so I think you just need to look at it as you had to spend that much money no matter what and move on with that part of it. As I said I know it sucks to spend so much on so little, but it's done. Forget about that and hope the procedure does what you needed it to accomplish.

22 hours ago, patronovski said:

think if they took 300 grafts from the back, it wouldnt look worse then it was before. Because the area is much bigger in the back, so they could spread it over this bigger area.

Maybe, Maybe not, but I do think if you wanted to soften the hairline (which it looked like you needed) then taking more of the thick caliber hairs from the back was probably not the best hairs to use. But that's something you can second guess forever and never really know since it wasn't done. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

@patronovski

have lawyers or anything like that contacted you yet? Saw that BHR wrote about a legal case or something like that

I hope not. I think the Dr was a little harsh there. I think @patronovski is just having a hard time dealing with it all. Hopefully both sides will be a lot happier in a few more months once the shock loss grows back and the hairline improves.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

On 2/12/2024 at 1:09 AM, Ajamilo said:

@patronovski

have lawyers or anything like that contacted you yet? Saw that BHR wrote about a legal case or something like that

No i didnt yet. I think they wrote about this because some guy posted about them on Redit. BHR thinks it was me, but i wasnt of course. I think its a former member of this forum who had problems with Melvin before. He was bashing on him, because Melvin deleted his review about some other clinic i guess. 

On 2/12/2024 at 7:08 PM, Broni said:

It was realy a suprise for me. I mean, i am not the only repair patient right? If this is always the case, why offer a repair? 

On 2/12/2024 at 8:35 PM, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

Right. That's why I've been suggesting that with all things going on physically and mentally, it was probably best that they did the surgery the way they did. It sucks to spend a lot of money on such a small procedure. I understand that, but if you consider everything, you are probably better off. You would have really been having a mental meltdown if he did a lot more grafts and you saw more depletion and/or shock loss. I understand how you feel. It can be really rough going through a HT especially if you had problems with the first one. It's hard to trust anyone touching your head if the first one didn't go so well. I don't remember what country you are from, but if you didn't travel and did it in the USA you probably would have spent a few thousand anyway, so I think you just need to look at it as you had to spend that much money no matter what and move on with that part of it. As I said I know it sucks to spend so much on so little, but it's done. Forget about that and hope the procedure does what you needed it to accomplish.

Maybe, Maybe not, but I do think if you wanted to soften the hairline (which it looked like you needed) then taking more of the thick caliber hairs from the back was probably not the best hairs to use. But that's something you can second guess forever and never really know since it wasn't done. 

Yes we will see. This week its exactly 8 weeks since my surgery. The right side looks slightly better, i can cover the bald area with the hairs around. Left side still looking bad :(

Edited by patronovski

Its been 8 week since my surgery. @Melvin- Admin please change the title.

Here are some photo's:

Right side, it looks better. There was one big patchy area on this side, now i can cover it with the existing hairs. 

image.jpeg.1c24e189aa0237fe865bfef78e78c3a9.jpeg

Left side is still patchy and weak. On the photo it is not clear, because of the reflection of light i think. When the hair is little wet or oily, you can definitely see the patchy area's better.

image.jpeg.0b78a9e291320fb1200c63eb2a7ec11f.jpeg

Nothing to show for the hairline and beard grafts, is dont see any difference there.

• Confused 1

• Administrators

I can understand your anxiety. But things are not going to change in a week. It takes months to see results flourish. If you’re expecting changes in days or even weeks, you will always be disappointed. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's pretty strange that you still hold some resentment against the clinic when you have been told probably a dozen times about shock loss. April 10th will be 4 months from your surgery. You should start to see better results around then. Not tomorrow. Not the next day. Not next week. Wait until April 10th... 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Today its been exactly 3 months since my operation at BHR clinic with dr. Bisanga. I was hoping to see a slight improvement each month in my donor, but unfortunately i did not experience this.

Here some recent photos:

Right side:
image.jpeg.3940623fddc6d99eae84cc38c9cb5c59.jpeg

image.jpeg.62cf9209596874df77cac97fd687568d.jpeg

Left side:

image.jpeg.e3b5bb3b0b3f081bb02ae65e293eccf1.jpeg

image.jpeg.5f48c2298b1ebac5592aae9eb32526b7.jpeg

As for my hairline, we did implant 150 grafts to add more density to the left part of my hairline. My hairline has now less density compared to before this operation. Maybe shockloss and/or shedding? I also experience some thinning/loss on the right side of my hairline. Can a shockloss also occur there even though its not close to the area of surgery?

image.jpeg.9c7e51097f25713b1e35afc475eaf2a6.jpeg

The clinic told me that a shockloss can occur after 1-2 weeks after the surgery and will be back to normal after 2-3 months. I also saw some other patients and their donor healed after couple of weeks. 

I posted this topic after 1.5 months after my surgery with my concerns about my donor. You guys still believe this is shockloss and will improve? Shouldnt i have experienced a slight improvement each month?

Edited by patronovski

• Moderators

You're only 3 months post op. The hairline is probably shock loss. The sides I can hardly even tell there's an issue. No one would notice other than you and that can still get better as well. If you are looking to have every strand of hair on your head be perfect with the absolute best amount of density in every place, it's not going to happen. That doesn't exist on anyone whether they have a hair transplant or not.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Administrators

This is already a visible improvement. It looks a lot more natural.

1020CEFA-F1D9-4C98-9243-EDE6628B2C48.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, patronovski said:

Hello all,

Today its been exactly 3 months since my operation at BHR clinic with dr. Bisanga. I was hoping to see a slight improvement each month in my donor, but unfortunately i did not experience this.

Here some recent photos:

Right side:
image.jpeg.3940623fddc6d99eae84cc38c9cb5c59.jpeg

image.jpeg.62cf9209596874df77cac97fd687568d.jpeg

Left side:

image.jpeg.e3b5bb3b0b3f081bb02ae65e293eccf1.jpeg

image.jpeg.5f48c2298b1ebac5592aae9eb32526b7.jpeg

As for my hairline, we did implant 150 grafts to add more density to the left part of my hairline. My hairline has now less density compared to before this operation. Maybe shockloss and/or shedding? I also experience some thinning/loss on the right side of my hairline. Can a shockloss also occur there even though its not close to the area of surgery?

image.jpeg.9c7e51097f25713b1e35afc475eaf2a6.jpeg

The clinic told me that a shockloss can occur after 1-2 weeks after the surgery and will be back to normal after 2-3 months. I also saw some other patients and their donor healed after couple of weeks. 

I posted this topic after 1.5 months after my surgery with my concerns about my donor. You guys still believe this is shockloss and will improve? Shouldnt i have experienced a slight improvement each month?

Ok, got to ask…. Are you taking the piss, mate? 

FFS. This post reads like driving on holiday with my kids! “Are we there yet, are we there yet?”  I understand that you’ve had issues with your last HT, but you seem reluctant to listen to anyone who gives you advice. Melvin may as well turn off comments from anyone except the OP, as he doesn’t want to listen to anyone anyway. 

16 hours ago, Otis james said:

Ok, got to ask…. Are you taking the piss, mate? 

Please unfollow this topic. Dont need comments like this.

6 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

FFS. This post reads like driving on holiday with my kids! “Are we there yet, are we there yet?”  I understand that you’ve had issues with your last HT, but you seem reluctant to listen to anyone who gives you advice. Melvin may as well turn off comments from anyone except the OP, as he doesn’t want to listen to anyone anyway. 

Same for your dude.

I try to post an update each month, what's wrong with that? My concerns are mainly about the donor. If i saw the slightest improvement every month, i wouldn't be concerned like this. Because when you see progress, you believe more and more that it will get better over time. I only share my concerns because most people here said it looks like shockloss and i still hope it is. Also, the clinic told me that it should look normal after 2-3 months But i didn't see improvements up until now and then you start to worry. Especially when I see other posts where people see good improvements after each month in their donor. 

I will post another update next month and if you guys have difficulties with this, please unfollow this topic. No body is forcing you to see my progress.

• Like 1