Going to Dr. Yaman next month. Should I feel confident in Dr Yaman's work?

Hello everyone! As the title suggests I am heading to Turkey in 2 weeks and can't decide which doctor to go to for a HT with a budget of around $3500 and needing about 4000-4500 grafts. Originally I was signed up with Smile Hair Clinic, and before everyone starts accusing them of being a hair mill, I know. Truth is that a friend of mine went there and was happy with his results. Nonetheless, last minute I start getting cold feet and start looking for other surgeons in the similar price range and found Dr Yaman. But is it worth getting a HT from Dr. Yaman?

I'm starting to freak out because everybody on this forum loves his work and I've seen some of his work and they're really good. But in the past year A LOT of the people that went to him have not been satisfied. Either they've been getting cobblestone, botched hairlines, or even some cases of the transplanted grafts not surviving. I've also messaged Fuecapliar because I see Dr Gur and Dr Turan's name on this forum often. My only worry is that I leave for Turkey in 2 weeks and don't know if they will have room for me or if they're out of my budget. So if anyone has experience with Smile, Dr Yaman, or Dr Gur/Turan please give me some advice. 

P.s. please do not preach to me about smile hair clinic being a hairmill or that they overharvest unless you have been to smile hair clinic and can provide pictures. 

Thank you to everyone in advance that comments and helps me out 

• Valued Contributor

The reality is that if you're unsure, you need to hit the eject button and spent a bit more time researching. I'm assuming you're looking to the Turkish HT market purely on budget? If so then you're backing yourself into a corner a little bit. How long have you spent researching hair restoration? What things are you looking at specifically when judging results? If you did pull the plug, would having a holiday in Turkey and reviewing the HT surgery for another time be the worst thing in the world?

Obviously avoid Smile (unless you want multi graft hairs in your hairline). I haven't followed any Yaman results for a while so wouldn't want to say. Gur & Turan seem like good options from what I've seen but I'm not massively impressed by any of the options in Turkey. Certainly the better options won't be able to book you on two weeks' notice.

Can you share some pictures so we can understand what the plan is?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Jakefromstatefarm said:

Hello everyone! As the title suggests I am heading to Turkey in 2 weeks and can't decide which doctor to go to for a HT with a budget of around $3500 and needing about 4000-4500 grafts. Originally I was signed up with Smile Hair Clinic, and before everyone starts accusing them of being a hair mill, I know. Truth is that a friend of mine went there and was happy with his results. Nonetheless, last minute I start getting cold feet and start looking for other surgeons in the similar price range and found Dr Yaman. But is it worth getting a HT from Dr. Yaman?

I'm starting to freak out because everybody on this forum loves his work and I've seen some of his work and they're really good. But in the past year A LOT of the people that went to him have not been satisfied. Either they've been getting cobblestone, botched hairlines, or even some cases of the transplanted grafts not surviving. I've also messaged Fuecapliar because I see Dr Gur and Dr Turan's name on this forum often. My only worry is that I leave for Turkey in 2 weeks and don't know if they will have room for me or if they're out of my budget. So if anyone has experience with Smile, Dr Yaman, or Dr Gur/Turan please give me some advice. 

P.s. please do not preach to me about smile hair clinic being a hairmill or that they overharvest unless you have been to smile hair clinic and can provide pictures. 

Most of Dr. Yamans work looks good but I see your concerns about some recent cases.

Nobody can give a 100% guarantee for great results, even the best of the best (lower possibility, but still). 

Budgetwise Gur could work with this amount of grafts on his standard package.

Turan quoted 3750€ for 3500 grafts and above on october 2023 (Probably higher now).

If you really feel uncomfortable with your choice you can always cancel your surgery and look at different surgeons and take some time.

I am wishing you the best🙏

33 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

The reality is that if you're unsure, you need to hit the eject button and spent a bit more time researching. I'm assuming you're looking to the Turkish HT market purely on budget? If so then you're backing yourself into a corner a little bit. How long have you spent researching hair restoration? What things are you looking at specifically when judging results? If you did pull the plug, would having a holiday in Turkey and reviewing the HT surgery for another time be the worst thing in the world?

Obviously avoid Smile (unless you want multi graft hairs in your hairline). I haven't followed any Yaman results for a while so wouldn't want to say. Gur & Turan seem like good options from what I've seen but I'm not massively impressed by any of the options in Turkey. Certainly the better options won't be able to book you on two weeks' notice.

Can you share some pictures so we can understand what the plan is?

I believe anybody that goes out of country for a transplant is doing it bc of budget. Otherwise there's no reason to leave the U.S. for a HT. But I wouldn't say it's "purely" due to budget. Of course I'm looking at quality as well. As far as what I'm looking for specifically, a natural and good looking hairline and filling the crown without signs of over harvesting. I can't post pics at the moment but will when I get a chance.

I have been doing research on Smile for quite some time which includes reaching out to multiple clients and asking their experience and they have all been satisfied with their results including my friend. None of which complained about multiple grafts in their hairline. For the past 2 weeks I have been doing intensive research on Dr Yaman's work which is why the recent failed cases have worried me. I haven't done enough research on Dr Gur or Dr Turan yet since I'm still waiting for them to reply to my message 

Edited by Jakefromstatefarm

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Jakefromstatefarm said:

Hello everyone! As the title suggests I am heading to Turkey in 2 weeks and can't decide which doctor to go to for a HT with a budget of around $3500 and needing about 4000-4500 grafts.

Stop! Take this in the spirit that it is meant but you are setting yourself up for failure and regrets. Any surgeon can have bad results but you can mitigate this risk by doing lots of research. This is permanent. Every week we see people who find this forum too late and end up spending a fortune trying to repair bad work. Choosing life changing surgery by geography and budget rarely ever turns out well. Choosing a surgeon based on getting off a plane is outright dangerous.

• Like 6

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Jakefromstatefarm said:

I believe anybody that goes out of country for a transplant is doing it bc of budget. Otherwise there's no reason to leave the U.S. for a HT. But I wouldn't say it's "purely" due to budget. Of course I'm looking at quality as well. As far as what I'm looking for specifically, a natural and good looking hairline and filling the crown without signs of over harvesting. I can't post pics at the moment but will when I get a chance.

I have been doing research on Smile for quite some time which includes reaching out to multiple clients and asking their experience and they have all been satisfied with their results including my friend. None of which complained about multiple grafts in their hairline. For the past 2 weeks I have been doing intensive research on Dr Yaman's work which is why the recent failed cases have worried me. I haven't done enough research on Dr Gur or Dr Turan yet since I'm still waiting for them to reply to my message 

People who have been to Smile wouldn’t have gone there in the first place if they’d actually understood what is required for naturalness. You’re not going to get complaints about pluggy hairlines from people who don’t even realise they have a pluggy hairline. 

I’ve seen enough videos of people who are delighted with their result even though there are clearly issues when measured against best practice. Unfortunately the vast majority of patients are poorly informed on the subtle nuances and artistry required for natural results. 

The problem with clinics like Smile is that you’ve got no real idea what the outcome will be. They will doubtless have results that are mostly fine. And they definitely have results (including ones they promote on YT), that are clearly lacking the refinement you would expect of a good clinic. 

It’s your head though at the end of the day. Dr Gur to me seems to be a very good surgeon - probably among the best options in Turkey but I haven’t followed his work as closely as I have other surgeons elsewhere to confidently assert that he’s your man. He’d be my pick from the options you’ve mentioned though. 

If budget versus quality is a driving factor for leaving the US, then both Dr Pittella in Brazil & Eugenix in India have package options with some lower price tiers that I think would be superior to most of what you’ll find in Turkey. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Stop! Take this in the spirit that it is meant but you are setting yourself up for failure and regrets. Any surgeon can have bad results but you can mitigate this risk by doing lots of research. This is permanent. Every week we see people who find this forum too late and end up spending a fortune trying to repair bad work. Choosing life changing surgery by geography and budget rarely ever turns out well. Choosing a surgeon based on getting off a plane is outright dangerous.

^this

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Jakefromstatefarm said:

I believe anybody that goes out of country for a transplant is doing it bc of budget. Otherwise there's no reason to leave the U.S. for a HT.

By the way, this is 100% incorrect. Who in the US can you go to for FUE gigasessions using only scalp donor, regularly hitting well in excess of 10,000 grafts? No one. You have to go to Bulgaria. 

Arguably the best repair surgeon currently operating is based in Belgium. 

And two of the best FUE + BHT surgeons/clinics for high NW’s are in Brazil & India. 

None of these are cheaper than US prices (though a couple have packages that can be), and people travel from the US to see these surgeons all the time. 

• Like 1

Hi Mate, resul yaman clinic is definitely another hair mill. when i was there in september i saw atleast 6-8 different patients during that day, they had many different operating rooms.

I have scars on the side of my head now for life, and the hair has barely grown out on top. the side of my head is very patchy and overharvested compared to the other side, for some reason one technician harvested much more than the other.

please dont make the same mistake I did, it's definitely not worth your time and effort. i only went to the doctor because it was recommended by this forum, 

search for my main post and i'll update it soon

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NorwoodSlayer69 said:

Hi Mate, resul yaman clinic is definitely another hair mill. when i was there in september i saw atleast 6-8 different patients during that day, they had many different operating rooms.

I have scars on the side of my head now for life, and the hair has barely grown out on top. the side of my head is very patchy and overharvested compared to the other side, for some reason one technician harvested much more than the other.

please dont make the same mistake I did, it's definitely not worth your time and effort. i only went to the doctor because it was recommended by this forum, 

You are not the only one that gets this kind of results from this clinic and i really believe they should not be recommended in this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

11 hours ago, Jakefromstatefarm said:

Dr Yaman is a great surgeon to be honest. I would definitely feel confident selecting him. Most of his results are great ones and most of his patients who selected dr yaman solved their problem with a great result and they were satisfied. He is an ethical doctor participating in all of his hair transplants and his results are all natural ones. I dont see any reason to worry about him. 

Edited by Jupiter_

I would say that Yaman is a great option. I have seen great work from him and he does a few patients per day doing the incisions, plan, design, measurements of donor and recipient area for each patient seperately. Nobody can give a 100% guarantee for great results, even in the best ones that you pay a huge amount of money there will be some not good results.

Yaman is a good surgeon but I fear he’s treading close to the Asmed / Koray route of expanding too quickly.

The stories above of 6-8 surgery’s a day are alarming. I’m not sure what his packages are and the breakdown of Dr / Tech involvement but with so many surgeries a day Yaman’s role must be minimal now. There’s nothing wrong with tech involvement but the larger operation you have the harder it is to remain consistent. 

Edited by ScottishGuy21
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Yaman is a good surgeon but I fear he’s treading close to the Asmed / Koray route of expanding too quickly.

The stories above of 6-8 surgery’s a day are alarming. I’m not sure what his packages are and the breakdown of Dr / Tech involvement but with so many surgeries a day Yaman’s role must be minimal now. There’s nothing wrong with tech involvement but the larger operation you have the harder it is to remain consistent. 

well Dr Yaman does a few patients per day, Usually 2 patients per day but it can go up to 3 sometimes.
Other known surgeons do 3-4 surgeries per day too like Freitas Lorenzo.

Look at the thread below, @Timothy was the only patient of Dr Yaman during his operation.

Also on this thread there were 3 patients in total

Edited by BaldGuy

36 minutes ago, BaldGuy said:

well Dr Yaman does a few patients per day, Usually 2 patients per day but it can go up to 3 sometimes. Other known surgeons do 3 surgeries per day too like Freitas Lorenzo.

Look at the thread below, @Timothy was the only patient of Dr Yaman during his operation.

Also on this thread there were 3 patients in total

That’s fair enough, can only apologise if that’s the case. 3 is still a lot given Yaman tends to do very large sessions 4,5 even 6000 sessions . I’d hope for the days which see large sessions the number of people is lowered. 

15 hours ago, NorwoodSlayer69 said:

If this is true why is the clinic recommended here @Melvin- Admin
I mean like I thought we were avoiding the hair mills and the work of the technicians? How would Yaman manage 6-8 different surgeries daily if this is true? 

(Edit: read the recent comment regarding 3 surgeries a day. I think is still a lot tho since you want the full focus of the surgery at that important day) 

Edited by Ajamilo

I went the same day as @NorwoodSlayer69. Currently just under 4 months after the HT. My donor areas appear to be fine. Extraction was done by a separate Doctor and an assistant. Dr Yaman's involvement during the process was incisions and would come in and out every so often during the implantation.  

I've only noticed 3. Me, Norwoodslayer and another guy that was in my taxi. Spent most of the time in a room so don't know who else was there. 

Edited by LikeAJungle

27 minutes ago, LikeAJungle said:

I went the same day as @NorwoodSlayer69. Currently just under 4 months after the HT. My donor areas appear to be fine. Extraction was done by a separate Doctor and an assistant. Dr Yaman's involvement during the process was incisions and would come in and out every so often during the implantation.  

I've only noticed 3. Me, Norwoodslayer and another guy that was in my taxi. Spent most of the time in a room so don't know who else was there. 

In dr yaman patients threads I have seen patients telling there were in total 2 or 3 people per day which is perfectly normal. In one dr yaman’s thread there was only one patient that day @Timothy 

top surgeons like Freitas, Lorenzo etc do 3-4 patients per day and you pay 3-4 times higher price than yaman. 

Edited by BaldGuy

6 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

That’s fair enough, can only apologise if that’s the case. 3 is still a lot given Yaman tends to do very large sessions 4,5 even 6000 sessions . I’d hope for the days which see large sessions the number of people is lowered. 

I don’t think 3 is a lot since he isn’t doing the extraction and implantation.  Incisions do not last long time.
Also His 6000 grafts procedure is splitted in a 2 day session (3000 graft each day). 
top surgeons like Freitas and Lorenzo do 3-4 patients per day and they only do implantation and their price is 3-4 times higher than yaman.

Edited by BaldGuy

Dr yaman is good and ethical doctor and his results are natural ones with soft hairlines and natural angulation of grafts.
Most of his patient reviews are positive ones and he has a decent price. So he is probably one of the best value for money options. 

other good options in Turkey at a decent price would be Dr turan, Dr Gur and dr demirsoy. So in order to select someone just compare their results.

This would be the best to do your own research and select rather than asking random guys what to do. 

Edited by Reina

@NorwoodSlayer69 @LikeAJungle 

I noticed that you both went mid/late last year. I have a few questions if you guys don't mind answering.

1. Why did you guys decide to go with Dr Yaman and not other doctors (such as Gur or Turan) and would you recommended/go to Dr Yaman again?

2. I know it's still too early to say but are guys happy with your results so far, are there signs of positive outcomes? @NorwoodSlayer69 you mentioned how the side of your donor area has scars but do you think that may fill in since you may still be in the shedding/shock loss phase?

3. I'm sure you guys did lots of research before going to Dr. Yaman, did you guys notice maybe 1 or 2 bad results/reviews from Dr Yaman before but still decided to go with the understanding that no doctor has 100% perfect outcomes?

I'm spending hours on hours doing research on Dr Yaman and keep finding mix reviews. The results that turn out good look really good and natural. But the reviews that are bad are really bad. I would still say there's more good results than bad (and for some reason I can't find a lot of those bad reviews I read early on in this forum). If anyone has gone to Dr Yaman mid/late last year or plans to go this year then please share your story and what you think about your results so far. I'm not too worried about how many patients they're seeing in a day (unless it's a lot like 5 or more) than I am on the result and outcome of the ht

Went to see Yaman in August and have been pleased with the results thus far. Results always vary.  I share the same anxiety and reservation anyone would have going into a hair transplant.  I don’t have any of the scarring and I’ve already gotten compliments into my 4th month.   I say take the leap, don’t overthink it, it’s a calculated risk.  Lmk if any questions.  

• Like 1

I went in December. Still early days for me, and I am going create a review thread when I get time🙏

On my transplant day, I spoke to 5 people on the day that were having procedures, which shocked me.

My incisions were done first in the morning, which meant double Anaesthetic jabs, By the time they were ready to insert the grafts, the original anaesthetic had worn off. This was not ideal.

Having not had one before it seemed to go well enough though... I also contacted Dr Gur, Turan and Demirsoy. I chose Dr Yaman for a number of reasons, but mainly due to the dates he was available  

Edited by Steverino80
missed information

5 hours ago, Reina said:

Dr yaman is good and ethical doctor and his results are natural ones with soft hairlines and natural angulation of grafts.
Most of his patient reviews are positive ones and he has a decent price. So he is probably one of the best value for money options. 

other good options in Turkey at a decent price would be Dr turan, Dr Gur and dr demirsoy. So in order to select someone just compare their results.

This would be the best to do your own research and select rather than asking random guys what to do. 

Surely the research involves a lot of time spent, reading the views and comments of the "random guys" on this forum. I can't think of anywhere else that has this much first hand information.

It is how I eventually decided who to use for my procedure.