Dr. Patrick Mwamba Brussels 5512 grafts (Scalp 2835 and BHT 2677) October 2022. One year post HT.

omarca

12th month in sunlight and bathroom lights with haircut

For my 2nd procedure with Dr Mwamba on march 2024 i hope to touchup a little the left part of hairline but the majority of the grafts will be for the top and the crown (2500-3000). Since all my top of scalp hair was miniaturized i needed a lot of work done and i did my research and found Dr Mwamba. Also my hairline was gone :/.  A 2nd procedure with DrM was always in the planning…and just after i hit the 12mo i scheduled the second part for march 2024. Iam super happy with the work achieved by Mwamba and his team.

Till then now…see you in march and happy growing to all !

IMG_6333.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

IMG_6338.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6343.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

IMG_6347.jpeg

Edited by omarca
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, omarca said:

12th month in sunlight and bathroom lights with haircut

For my 2nd procedure with Dr Mwamba on march 2024 i hope to touchup a little the left part of hairline but the majority of the grafts will be for the top and the crown (2500-3000). Since all my top of scalp hair was miniaturized i needed a lot of work done and i did my research and found Dr Mwamba. Also my hairline was gone :/.  A 2nd procedure with DrM was always in the planning…and just after i hit the 12mo i scheduled the second part for march 2024. Iam super happy with the work achieved by Mwamba and his team.

Till then now…see you in march and happy growing to all !

IMG_6333.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

IMG_6338.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6343.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

IMG_6347.jpeg

Thats a great result and really natural! Enjoy your new hair...😃

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:43 PM, omarca said:

Hey @Leos if i can ask…how many grafts where quoted for your crown with DrM in april? Thanks in advance

Hey man, sure: he told me 2500 for the crown would be enough, but I’m pretty sure we will push for more in the surgery day 😁

We have performed the same in the first session, I was quoted 3500, but we’ve done 4200.

Impressive results man, keep it up 💪💪💪

• Administrators

Your hair looks incredible.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Leos said:

Hey man, sure: he told me 2500 for the crown would be enough, but I’m pretty sure we will push for more in the surgery day 😁

We have performed the same in the first session, I was quoted 3500, but we’ve done 4200.

Impressive results man, keep it up 💪💪💪

Thanks @Leos we picked an excellent surgeon! Wish you the best in april my friend! For me he also quoted 2500-3000 but most will be bht 🤞🏻….will try for more grafts also !

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Omarca my friend, your overall result at the 12 month update is awesome and very happy for you.

You do have an generalized thinning pattern throughout your scalp and based on the pics that you provided, it appears this diffused thinning has impeded your donor so am wondering if DrM has performed a thorough microscopic examination of your scalp and discussed the findings with you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi @gillenator indeed Dr examined with microscope all my scalp before the procedure for density and quality. I remember one of the techs told me i have good donor hair (what i got left :/)…maybe the thinning pattern is because the two fue i have got :/. Anyways i will ask Dr again. Thanks always

IMG_6556.jpeg

IMG_6555.jpeg

Oh that’s good to hear…and BTW, I see lots of 3 hair FUs!…👍

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, omarca said:

In this thread there are pictures of the chest! No dots whatsoever the chest and beard recover very well. 

Thanks, i saw the pictures but what if its shaved? Still no scars visible? Or if you have a little tan in summer?

3 hours ago, patronovski said:

Thanks, i saw the pictures but what if its shaved? Still no scars visible? Or if you have a little tan in summer?

Hello there ! This is my chest trimmed, i do not razor wet shave it perse. You can see sparse areas because now the density of chest hair is less …but no scars. Also my skin is a bit sensitive and thats the redness you may see or even trimmer cuts that i hate. I dont tan my skin i am very white and sun gives me trouble i use a lot of sun block so i cant tell if marks will appear; i assume not. Hope this helps

IMG_2161.jpeg

1 hour ago, omarca said:

Hello there ! This is my chest trimmed, i do not razor wet shave it perse. You can see sparse areas because now the density of chest hair is less …but no scars. Also my skin is a bit sensitive and thats the redness you may see or even trimmer cuts that i hate. I dont tan my skin i am very white and sun gives me trouble i use a lot of sun block so i cant tell if marks will appear; i assume not. Hope this helps

IMG_2161.jpeg

Thanks! Looks very good. I think it also helps that you have a light skin color.

You heal very well my friend!

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have had very good results.    👍👍

Good luck with that 2md procedure.   I saw him for a 2nd HT first week of March.   He's very good, especially for repair jobs using BHT.  

I also wanted to say how great the smp looks on you.  It give your scalp a darker look.   Everytime I get siked up to do smp for density/fue scars,  I see bad results and bad reviews .....  and then I see a result like yours and I get siked up again.  

Thanks @Etownone ! The smp, in my opinion, is good if you have some hair to “backit up”…giving the 3d effect… after my smp and when i continued to loose hair my smp started to look bad…as paint. Thats when i started to focuse on my hair again and found this forum and DrM. 
btw i was also in BRU the last 3 days of the 1st week of this month March for the touchup… will post everything soon and hope the best on your procedure! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Round two with DrM-Brussels March 6,7,8 2024.
Day 1 Beard G - 950

Day 2 scalp G - 1235

Day 3 Chest G - 838

total - 3023 touchup

first the planning: bit touchup in left hairline and temple, crown (most G goes here), a bit in middle. 
My smp done back in 2019 helps a lot in the transicion and ugly duckling.

bare with me i will try to update every month

again thanks for the forum and all the guys i have contacted and helped me in this.

IMG_7103.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7105.jpeg

IMG_7107.jpeg

IMG_7120.jpeg

IMG_7122.jpeg

First day after the 3 day procedure:

This was my second procedure with DrM and my third overall…back in 2018 i got a ht that for me was a mistake wasting 3000+ grafts back then and by stopping finasteride as per “doctor” recommendation…not only that dr used a large punch also by not using medications i started to loose more hair. Maybe Smp may be required for the large punch scars (done by the previous dr back in 2018) if i ever want to wear a buzzcut.

finguers crossed 

IMG_7211.jpeg

IMG_7212.jpeg

IMG_7214.jpeg

IMG_7217.jpeg

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_7221.jpeg

IMG_7220.jpeg

On 1/3/2024 at 2:46 PM, omarca said:

Hello @pako a total of 2677 grafts where BHT. More or less 1200-1300 from chest and 1400ish rrom beard. Not all where placed on crown. They where placed all over…i can see some white hairs all over my head now and those are from the beard since my beard is mostly white (i dye it). Here are photos of chest and beard today after a year+ of the procedure:

hope this helps

IMG_3329.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg

Are beard grafts slower or quicker to harvest in your experience? How fast did you beard heal after the surgery?