Hairline lowering

• Administrators

If im being honest it doesn’t look too natural. It looks too straight no micro-irregularities or macro-irregularities. The priority should be getting the hairline to look natural. Also, are you combing your hair upwards or is that the angle the hairs exit on your scalp? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

If im being honest it doesn’t look too natural. It looks too straight no micro-irregularities or macro-irregularities. The priority should be getting the hairline to look natural. Also, are you combing your hair upwards or is that the angle the hairs exit on your scalp? 

My hairline sticks straight out cuz I'm asian do you mean my hairline on the side should be more receded?

• Administrators

19 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

My hairline sticks straight out cuz I'm asian do you mean my hairline on the side should be more receded?

I don’t think being asian changes how hair exits the scalp. It should exit the scalp at an angle. I want to be as sensitive as possible because I know this is a difficult subject. But I want to be honest with you, so you don’t make a mistake. 

It should exit the scalp at an angle, not straight up.

image.jpeg

I think it needs to be refined and possibly repositioned. 

Do you see how his hairline is low but not completely straight, it has irregularities and curves.

IMG_1437.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I don’t think being asian changes how hair exits the scalp. It should exit the scalp at an angle. I want to be as sensitive as possible because I know this is a difficult subject. But I want to be honest with you, so you don’t make a mistake. 

It should exit the scalp at an angle, not straight up.

image.jpeg

I think it needs to be refined and possibly repositioned. 

Do you see how his hairline is low but not completely straight, it has irregularities and curves.

IMG_1437.jpeg

Yea I'm going to consult with one of the doctors on the recommended form list possibly dr Blake bloxam he is 2 or 3 hours away from me and see what he thinks

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Yea I'm going to consult with one of the doctors on the recommended form list possibly dr Blake bloxam he is 2 or 3 hours away from me and see what he thinks

You should consult with @Dr.Ratchathorn Panchaprate she has some incredible results, specifically with asian hairlines. She’s reasonably affordable too.

• Like 2

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Why is it a bad idea to create a low hairline with a transplant?

Why are you asking this having already had a HT? You should know the answer to this prior to having any surgery. You’re indicating quite clearly that you haven’t done any proper research. 

Being honest with you, your current hairline doesn’t look very natural. Arguably too low (though this depends on your frontalis muscle), too linear, a little pluggy and low density. 

Which surgeon did this work?

37 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Why are you asking this having already had a HT? You should know the answer to this prior to having any surgery. You’re indicating quite clearly that you haven’t done any proper research. 

Being honest with you, your current hairline doesn’t look very natural. Arguably too low (though this depends on your frontalis muscle), too linear, a little pluggy and low density. 

Which surgeon did this work?

Dr saltzburg she's not on the recommended form list

43 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Phillyman1996, want to give you my honest opinion. I think you suffer from BDD and need to see a psychiatrist rather than a hair transplant doctor.  I am not saying this in a condescending manner but basing these off the threads you have made and the photos you have posted. 

Your hairline right now does not look natural and terrible. Lowering it more will make it look worst. 

What makes my transplant look terrible?

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

At less than 6cm’s from the glabella you certainly do not want to lower your hairline. You want a mature hairline you can grow into , not out of, as you get older. 

Would you consider the hairline they drew on me a juvenile hairline?