39 y/o middle eastern male. Considering Dr. Yaman, 4500 grafts. Need advice!

Hi everyone!

I am a 39-year-old Middle Eastern male from California, and I am looking to go to Turkey to get my hair transplant done for the first time.

I’ve spoken to Meny, the doctor, but I think I have settled with going with Dr. Yaman.  I got a good sense from his communication team, and have seen great results on this forum and other places as well.

I got a good sense from his communication team, and have seen great results on this forum and other places as well

Before I go, I wanted to get everyone’s opinion on whether or not a surgery should even be done on my scalp, and whether or not it may take if so.

my hair loss started an earnest at about 26 years old, and I have been able to maintain it for the most part with a daily regimen of finasteride 1 mg, and I have recently started taking oral minoxidil 2.5 mg per day as well. I am starting to see the initial hair loss on the Oral minoxidil, I am about 2 to 3 months in to the regimen, and my hair does seem to be a little bit more full, but it could also be my imagination.

I am starting to see the initial hair loss on the Oral minoxidil, I am about 2 to 3 months in to the regimen, and my hair does seem to be a little bit more full, but it could also be my imagination.

In any event, please see the photos below I would like everyone’s opinion on whether or not a surgery would correct what I think is a Norwood VI baldness on my scalp with the 4500 grafts or so, Dr. Yaman recommended.

thank you!

2feb7ed1-1b3f-416a-a455-885f7bcbb5d3.jpeg

c5706fed-2601-4f77-b40f-09ce078c4f82.jpeg

4b892e7b-e74a-442b-87f4-5b3ad4e976cd.jpeg

Edited by Shawnintheusa

You are a NW 6 heading to NW 7 in my opinion. Your donor area looks average with approximately 2500-2800 grafts from the scalp but you have a great beard. In your case i would focus on doing the hairline and the midscalp anf leave the crown as it is. If you want to get some good ceverage on this parts you will need approximately 4000 grafts, 2500 grafts from the donor area and 1500 from the beard. Are you only considering dr Yaman and what is your budget on this?

29 minutes ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Hi everyone!

I am a 39-year-old Middle Eastern male from California, and I am looking to go to Turkey to get my hair transplant done for the first time.

I’ve spoken to Meny, the doctor, but I think I have settled with going with Dr. Yaman.  I got a good sense from his communication team, and have seen great results on this forum and other places as well.

I got a good sense from his communication team, and have seen great results on this forum and other places as well

Before I go, I wanted to get everyone’s opinion on whether or not a surgery should even be done on my scalp, and whether or not it may take if so.

my hair loss started an earnest at about 26 years old, and I have been able to maintain it for the most part with a daily regimen of finasteride 1 mg, and I have recently started taking oral minoxidil 2.5 mg per day as well. I am starting to see the initial hair loss on the Oral minoxidil, I am about 2 to 3 months in to the regimen, and my hair does seem to be a little bit more full, but it could also be my imagination.

I am starting to see the initial hair loss on the Oral minoxidil, I am about 2 to 3 months in to the regimen, and my hair does seem to be a little bit more full, but it could also be my imagination.

In any event, please see the photos below I would like everyone’s opinion on whether or not a surgery would correct what I think is a Norwood VI baldness on my scalp with the 4500 grafts or so, Dr. Yaman recommended.

thank you!

Yes a hair transplant would change your appearence, and you should proceed with the hair transplant. With the 4500 grafts that dr yaman suggested, you should only focus on frontal third and midscalp and leave the crown for possible next procedure.

Edited by BaldGuy

9 minutes ago, jjalay said:

You are a NW 6 heading to NW 7 in my opinion. Your donor area looks average with approximately 2500-2800 grafts from the scalp but you have a great beard. In your case i would focus on doing the hairline and the midscalp anf leave the crown as it is. If you want to get some good ceverage on this parts you will need approximately 4000 grafts, 2500 grafts from the donor area and 1500 from the beard. Are you only considering dr Yaman and what is your budget on this?

Thank you!

I am open to opinions from other doctors but my budget is in the Dr. Yaman range, $3000-4000 USD.

these photos were from right before starting the oral minoxidil.  I will upload new photos tonight as well.

17 hours ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Thank you!

I am open to opinions from other doctors but my budget is in the Dr. Yaman range, $3000-4000 USD.

these photos were from right before starting the oral minoxidil.  I will upload new photos tonight as well.

Within your budget except of Dr Yaman, you could also consider standard package of dr Gur and dr Erkan Demirsoy

I would have looked away from dr yaman since he is a hair mill and not so good too. Go to a clinic that is known to produce good results with the use of beard. It also looks like you have DUPA. Have you checked that out? 
your donor is very limited and with your Norwood scale you have to use heavily beard grafts. Have you checked out Pittella or Eugenix 

also is better for you to save money and go to a good clinic. use your time with the oral minoxidil. It takes up to 1 year before seeing the result

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

1 minute ago, Ajamilo said:

I would have looked away from dr yaman since he is a hair mill and not so good too. Go to a clinic that is known to produce good results with the use of beard. It also looks like you have DUPA. Have you checked that out? 
your donor is very limited and with your Norwood scale you have to use heavily beard grafts. Have you checked out Pittella? 

I’ve talked to mostly Turkish doctors in the Yaman price range…I.e. Cinik, Vera Clinic, etc.

I have read good things about Dr. Yaman, am I to think now that he is no longer any good? He shows up as a recommended doctor on this site?

1 hour ago, Ajamilo said:

your donor is very limited and with your Norwood scale you have to use heavily beard grafts. Have you checked out Pittella or Eugenix 

also is better for you to save money and go to a good clinic. use your time with the oral minoxidil. It takes up to 1 year before seeing the result

Yaman is a great doctor and definitely not a hairmil, since he participates in all of his hair transplants by doing the critical parts like making incisions, plan, design, donor and recipient area measurements and supervises the surgeries..

in reality in Eugenix clinic the doctors do the same with dr yaman, while the extraction and implantation is done by techs like dr yaman.

Dr pittella also has different packages depending on his involvement on the procedure, on his lower packages techs do the most parts of the procedure and only in one of the four packages he does the most parts which is really very expensive and most people don’t select it  

In addition both Eugenix and pittella are much more expensive and he is not able to afford them even if he has double of his current budget..so I don’t think they are feasible for him. Maybe if he selects the entry package if Eugenix but I would prefer yaman than a random doctor.

Edited by Reina

55 minutes ago, Reina said:

Yaman is a great doctor and definitely not a hairmil, since he participates in all of his hair transplants by doing the critical parts like making incisions, plan, design, donor and recipient area measurements and supervises the surgeries..

in reality in Eugenix clinic the doctors do the same with dr yaman, while the extraction and implantation is done by techs like dr yaman.

Dr pittella also has different packages depending on his involvement on the procedure, on his lower packages techs do the most parts of the procedure and only in one of the four packages he does the most parts which is really very expensive and most people don’t select it  

In addition both Eugenix and pittella are much more expensive and he is not able to afford them even if he has double of his current budget..so I don’t think they are feasible for him. Maybe if he selects the entry package if Eugenix but I would prefer yaman than a random doctor.

Great info, thank you 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

DUPA? Retrograde alopecia certainly, but I'm not personally seeing evidence of DUPA.

21 hours ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Hi everyone!

thank you!

4,500 grafts should really do a good job of filling in the frontal third and enhancing the midscalp. If you want to address the crown you'll need to consider another surgery at some point in the future and likely also need to tap into your beard resources (which looks great!). It's a pretty common approach to get the frontal third and midscalp looking nice and full and then compromise by having a thinner crown using whatever donor resources you have left in the bank. As long as the hairline design is conservative you should get a really nice result.

32 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

DUPA? Retrograde alopecia certainly, but I'm not personally seeing evidence of DUPA.

4,500 grafts should really do a good job of filling in the frontal third and enhancing the midscalp. If you want to address the crown you'll need to consider another surgery at some point in the future and likely also need to tap into your beard resources (which looks great!). It's a pretty common approach to get the frontal third and midscalp looking nice and full and then compromise by having a thinner crown using whatever donor resources you have left in the bank. As long as the hairline design is conservative you should get a really nice result.

Thank you!

i have tried to avoid tapping into my beard as I love the way it looks and would hate to ruin it.  Do they pull the grafts from the neck area?  

you think it’s possible to get the crown completed as well in the same session if I tap into my beard?

• Valued Contributor
39 minutes ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Thank you!

i have tried to avoid tapping into my beard as I love the way it looks and would hate to ruin it.  Do they pull the grafts from the neck area?  

you think it’s possible to get the crown completed as well in the same session if I tap into my beard?

Normally they’ll start with the neck, then sideburns then chin/cheeks. Basically starting with taking as much as from the neck as possible before other areas. 

As for the second question… Don’t know. Depends on the surgeon but two sessions is better than one in most cases. 

• Administrators

In my opinion, you’re too bald to get a reasonable result for cheap. Sounds like your budget is low and the amount of grafts you need is HUGE. My suggestion is to look up smp. It might be a better option for you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

How long have you been on finasteride? I would give it at least one year to see how well you benefit from the drug. 4,500 grafts will not be enough for a Norwood 6. You need to plan for the future. You really are looking at Dr Pitella or Dr Sethi. I can't see you achieving your goals without utilizing your beard grafts.

Edited by Gatsby

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

How long have you been on finasteride? I would give it at least one year to see how well you benefit from the drug. 4,500 grafts will not be enough for a Norwood 6. You need to plan for the future. You really are looking at Dr Pitella or Dr Sethi. I can't see you achieving your goals without utilizing your beard grafts.

I have been on and off finasteride for the better part of 5-6 years.  My hair loss progression at this stage has slowed down a bunch, but if I stop the finasteride, it tends to speed up a little 

4 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

dr.yaman is a good budget option but has dr.yamam provided good norwood 7 results? i know eugenix and pittella definitely have

I’ve seen good Norwood 6 results, don’t think I’ve come across any Norwood 7 cases from him yet 

On 12/14/2023 at 12:17 AM, Gatsby said:

I had a long conversation with Eugenix today.  They def go further than the Dr. Yaman’s office in terms of explaining the procedure, process and potential results.

I am starting to lean towards going to Eugenix, but can only afford the entry level package with their newer doctors.

would you recommend sticking with Yaman or entrusting a newer doctor at Eugenix?

Shawn, 

im NW6 and kinda have your situation , the past few months I have done a lot of research and actually I had to cancel my ticket to Turkey because I realized that many of the clinics are not specialized in high Norwood and they are good for Norwood 4 and below. I have seen some impressive results  on YouTube on Norwood 6 from Indian clinics such as Eugenix , DHT (regrow clinic ) , and new roots hair transplant center.I have seen people talks about Eugenix but not sure if all packages are good . Top tire Drs , Dr Pittella and zarev are extremely expansive and I have heard their waiting list is plus +1 to 2 yrs . 

Edited by Kamran10
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kamran10 said:

Shawn, 

im NW6 and kinda have your situation , the past few months I have done a lot of research and actually I had to cancel my ticket to Turkey because I realized that many of the clinics are not specialized in high Norwood and they are good for Norwood 4 and below. I have seen some impressive results  on YouTube on Norwood 6 from Indian clinics such as Eugenix , DHT (regrow clinic ) , and new roots hair transplant center.I have seen people talks about Eugenix but not sure if all packages are good . Top tire Drs , Dr Pittella and zarev are extremely expansive and I have heard their waiting list is plus +1 to 2 yrs . 

Yup sounds about right.  The doctors in Turkey don’t usually deal with high Norwood cases.  Dr. Yaman has a couple of high Norwood cases, but if I’m going to spend 5-6k to have a couple of sessions done in turkey, I’d rather spend the same and go to Eugenix where they specialize in this kind of thing.

all Eugenix packages have doctors that do the important channeling and hairline planning/hair design.  The only difference between the packages is the skill experience of the doctors.

the current doctor for their comprehensive package, which is their entry level, is Dr. Vinita Dubey.  I did some forum searching and she def has some cases on here, but I don’t see any high Norwood cases on the forum for her yet, maybe I’m overlooking?

in any event, I had a long conversation with their office about their methods and procedure and was blown away by even the initial contact and level of care.  It’s like pulling teeth to get a Turkish clinic to get on a phone call and give you details.  

That definitely was not the case with Eugenix.  They encourage you to ask questions and implore you to really look at options before making a decision on who to go with, even if it’s not their clinic.

in any event, I’m definitely leaning more towards Eugenix at this point.  Trying to get my finances lined up to make it happen.

• Thanks 1