HAIR TRANSPLANT BEFORE WEDDING??

Hi, Im getting married May 11, 2024. 

Just wondering if I went in December would this be too soon to the wedding to be looking smart..

Can anyone share their advice, opinions or their progress from 5 months? 

I already have had 1 HT which was for hairline and partial mid section, looking to get thickened top in entire head as results weren't the greatest. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

59 minutes ago, eshda said:

Hi, Im getting married May 11, 2024. 

Just wondering if I went in December would this be too soon to the wedding to be looking smart..

Can anyone share their advice, opinions or their progress from 5 months? 

I already have had 1 HT which was for hairline and partial mid section, looking to get thickened top in entire head as results weren't the greatest. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I think if you can give your ht at least six months, by that time it would create an illusion of density. By adding some hair fiber,  it would like more fuller.

• Like 2

As we are already in December now and it's only 5 months away I don't think it's the best idea personally. 

Chances of being able to book a decent Dr/Clinic with such short notice is very slim. 

If you have already have work that you mentioned isn't the greatest, the last thing you want is to risk having a sub par Dr and/or result. 

You could look at using Fibres for the day, would give you a temp boost. 

Who did you're last HT

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Hard to advise without seeing your starting point seeing as you’ve already had a HT. can you post some pictures?

It might be a bad idea or it could be fine. Really depends on your current situation. 

I think it would look normal by 5 months since you're mostly increasing density to previously transplanted areas. There is a risk you may have shock loss, however. I had a transplant to increase density from previous surgeries and I was able to cover up well enough by month 3. By month 4-5, my hair looked like how it did before the transplant except slightly improved as new growth was occurring.

Here is my current hair condition.  I had FUE 3000 Grafts in Turkey, doctor done my hair line which im happy with the mid section however didn't cover very well and this was done by technicians, and they didn't touch the crown. 

I'm taking Biotin and Saw palmetto, Thinking of taking Finestaride once I get over the concerns that come with the medication.

My concerns are how it will look in 5 month, and the fact I may not get a good transplant at this time.. all the good ones seem to be quoting £7800-£35,000 which isn't an option when saving for the wedding, even if I wasn't that's an awful lot of money but I guess you get wha you pay for in some cases.

headtop.jpg

head front.png

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 19.48.30.png

Yeah

10 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I think it would look normal by 5 months since you're mostly increasing density to previously transplanted areas. There is a risk you may have shock loss, however. I had a transplant to increase density from previous surgeries and I was able to cover up well enough by month 3. By month 4-5, my hair looked like how it did before the transplant except slightly improved as new growth was occurring.

yeah, shockloss isn't something I thought of, I could end up looking worse. I may have to just wait till after the wedding, and hope to get a better transplant.

17 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Hard to advise without seeing your starting point seeing as you’ve already had a HT. can you post some pictures?

It might be a bad idea or it could be fine. Really depends on your current situation. 

I've put some pictures on of current condition and transplant, quality isn't the best sorry. 

I think ive lost more hair on top since the HT which is why it looks so poor, as there not much native hair left. 

thanks

19 hours ago, BRITA-XL said:

As we are already in December now and it's only 5 months away I don't think it's the best idea personally. 

Chances of being able to book a decent Dr/Clinic with such short notice is very slim. 

If you have already have work that you mentioned isn't the greatest, the last thing you want is to risk having a sub par Dr and/or result. 

You could look at using Fibres for the day, would give you a temp boost. 

Who did you're last HT

Appreciate that! Your advice is strong. It's just unfortunate that I may have a poor head of hair. 

Clinic was Longevita. 

If I am to wait till after the wedding, which clinics are good, as I keep just coming across the same hair mills. I seen good results from some, but If I'm paying I want better results. I've seen good doctors make better results with 1500 than bad ones with 3000+ thanks.

1 hour ago, eshda said:

Appreciate that! Your advice is strong. It's just unfortunate that I may have a poor head of hair. 

Clinic was Longevita. 

If I am to wait till after the wedding, which clinics are good, as I keep just coming across the same hair mills. I seen good results from some, but If I'm paying I want better results. I've seen good doctors make better results with 1500 than bad ones with 3000+ thanks.

Longevita are middle men, definitely don't choose them or any hair mill. If you're looking on a budget and it keeps throwing up the same names then either save more money or keep looking, maybe a combination of both. If you're looking for lower cost Dr's then you could look towards Dr Turan/Dr Gur and Dr Demirsoy. A while ago I would have also added Dr Yaman, like everyone he does have occasional misses, just do you're own research and see for yourself. Personally I would be saving up more money to get to the next level of Dr's. With a not so good procedure behind you the next one needs to be good. 

Stick around here and research the hell out of as many Dr's as you can, look elsewhere too. Don't take any one persons advice, mine included,suggestions are one thing, you're own research/choice is another. 

• Administrators

At 5 months it will probably look slightly better than it does now, or the same. You can always use hair fibers. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@eshda,

First off, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I’m sure this will be a wonderful day and one that you will remember for the rest of your life.  

I certainly understand why you want to attend your upcoming wedding with a nice, full head of hair that you can show off to everyone you know.  that said, new Transplant hair growth typically only starts between 3 to 5 months and this varies from patient to patient.

The truth is, some patients do start seeing a nice amount of growth at only five months but others may only just be starting to experience the first signs of growth at that time.

So all that to say, there is absolutely no way to guarantee that you’re going to see a lot of hair growth by the time of your wedding if you have a hair transplant in December. In fact, I Think it would be safer to assume that you probably won’t so before you decide to undergo The procedure, please keep the hair transplant growth timeline in mind.

I hope this helps 

Patient Advocate - Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.