Dr. Arocha | 3100 graft FUT

Dr. Arocha originally began work on this patient 11 years ago with a 3100 graft FUT procedure. He recently came in for a follow-up, and the transplant still looks great more than a decade later. 

Before:

B793321B-50EE-45B5-A3AF-5347C058C604_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3a5c41151d94d883f54aeda0d7ae2d50.jpeg

DCB2C59F-1BE1-421C-8A7F-7618335119C2_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.e853e9f3e0c3aaffdc2c6f64bd0f7dc3.jpeg

B856BEC1-944F-4293-B94B-70739BEA626B_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.748f174efe17777e1f42c38decf0f722.jpeg

7D7E4FFF-3748-48A7-95CB-E05B73BDBCD4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.027d097a156bdd2617935795e3b28e32.jpeg

After:

After-4.thumb.jpg.746115078e6a0152e05f41c4303e6050.jpg

After-3.thumb.jpg.c3535ba52bd2925429d1ec5e9f34eacd.jpg

AfterFUE-2.thumb.jpg.96b38995630432d8b7f1ebf7eb0252e0.jpg

AfterFUE-1.thumb.jpg.a81f9bb3e9a093c4d078c2e4174ad690.jpg

• Like 4

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

The beauty of having hair is the fact you now have the freedom to style it the way you want.  In this particular case the patient opted to use some gel and to spike the hair up. The patient is so thrilled with the result, he's now considering doing another procedure. 

Hair grows at a certain angle and direction.  At the time of the procedure the doctor will make sites in the angle and direction to match that of the native hair. If you look carefully, you can actually see the hair, from back to front, it is combed forward.  It's only the front the patient spiked up using gel.   

Edited by LaserCaps
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs-down 2

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

3 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

The beauty of having hair is the fact you now have the freedom to style it the way you want.  In this particular case the patient opted to use some gel and to spike the hair up. The patient is so thrilled with the result, he's now considering doing another procedure. 

Hair grows at a certain angle and direction.  At the time of the procedure the doctor will make sites in the angle and direction to match that of the native hair.  It's evident you guys are new to the industry and have little to no experience.  Glad you're in this platform doing some research.  

Sadly many of us did have little to no experience and that's the reason why we ended up having undesired results. Hopefully, thanks to this and many other forums and sources such as drs. talking openly about repairs we are becoming more educated and can easily recognise red flags. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1
  • Face Palm 1

• Valued Contributor

As a patient of this doctor, I can say, having first hand experience, that the doctor does as  LaserCaps says and places grafts at an angle that follows the curve of your natural hair shaft(s). The grafts are not placed strictly at a downward angle. That just is what it is. Like it or leave it.

I don’t see any red flags here. I don’t see the hair as having been placed at an upward angle but rather as having been styled in a way that forces the hair shaft up. It’s clear from the pictures that the patient uses product in his hair. 

There’s clearly improvement from a transplant that was produced 11 years ago. Within that time the patient has more than likely lost some ground and was happy enough with the results of the first transplant that he’s coming back for seconds. That’s really all that matters-the happiness of the patient.

I’ve said this on far too many occasions on this forum and it’s always the guys who haven’t been here for very long who keep doing it. It’s great to ask questions when something looks out of place.

What is not appropriate is making fun of the patient’s results like a petulant child. The patient is a member of the community. Show some respect. You wanna ask the clinic or the doctor a question, go for it. You wanna poke at the patient and his/her results like a bully then please go back to Reddit. You don’t belong here.

At the very least go create your own thread and try not to be so shortsightedly thick about saying dumb things in the doctor posted results. You might as well be pointing and laughing at the patient himself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I’ve removed some inappropriate comments. It seems some users simply want to troll a particular clinic. If you don’t like the work, fine, that’s your opinion. But as @Steeeve said I have zero tolerance for trolling members of our community. Perhaps that’s acceptable or encouraged on other platforms. It is certainly not acceptable here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/17/2023 at 10:05 AM, LaserCaps said:

Hair grows at a certain angle and direction.  At the time of the procedure the doctor will make sites in the angle and direction to match that of the native hair. If you look carefully, you can actually see the hair, from back to front, it is combed forward.  It's only the front the patient spiked up using gel.   

That is a good observation. It does take some skill to pull off the illusion of density. We need a styling thread for this if there isn't one.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:36 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

I’ve removed some inappropriate comments. It seems some users simply want to troll a particular clinic. If you don’t like the work, fine, that’s your opinion. But as @Steeeve said I have zero tolerance for trolling members of our community. Perhaps that’s acceptable or encouraged on other platforms. It is certainly not acceptable here. 

@Melvin- Admin I see that you removed my comment.

I simply commented my opinion that the result is very poor and the pre-op picture looks almost the same with the post-op result, what exactly was inappropriate about this???

Someone could say that you just dont want to see this clinic being critisized publicly for its poor results, I wonder why....

Edit: I made a mistake, I didn't comment that there is no different between before and after, I commented that the grafts point upwards, the comment about no difference between pre and post op was in another post

Edited by BaldV
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs-down 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BaldV said:

@Melvin- Admin I see that you removed my comment.

I simply commented my opinion that the result is very poor and the pre-op picture looks almost the same with the post-op result, what exactly was inappropriate about this???

Someone could say that you just dont want to see this clinic being critisized publicly for its poor results, I wonder why....

You consistently try and troll this clinic. Critiquing the clinic is fine. But I’m very protective over forum members. You haven’t posted any pictures of yourself, I’m sure there’s a reason for that. I do not tolerate members being disrespected or disparaged. 

If you don’t think there’s a difference, that’s fine. You can say it looks the same. But the comments and references to his hair here were rude. There are no post-op graft placement photos. But to me, it’s clear the hair is combed upwards and the difference is clearly visible.

851E84A1-06BF-4FD0-BF11-657149B2D41A.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You consistently try and troll this clinic. Critiquing the clinic is fine. But I’m very protective over forum members. You haven’t posted any pictures of yourself, I’m sure there’s a reason for that. I do not tolerate members being disrespected or disparaged. 

If you don’t think there’s a difference, that’s fine. You can say it looks the same. But the comments and references to his hair here were rude. There are no post-op graft placement photos. But to me, it’s clear the hair is combed upwards and the difference is clearly visible.

851E84A1-06BF-4FD0-BF11-657149B2D41A.jpeg

I am going to ignore all these baseless accusations and I am just going to say that in my previous comment I mixed this with another post of this clinic that indeed there was no difference between before and after. But you cant really blame me for that as I don't have a hard drive in my mind to remember all my comments after you delete them.

I don't have anything personal with this clinic or the Dr, all I do is share my honest thoughts both in the good and the bad results I see in this forum, trying to protect the members of the forum from being taken advantage of from this dark and shady industry that has destroyed many people’s lives.

You can post here screenshots of my comments side by side with the results I commented about where my criticism was inaccurate or unfair.

In this post I just commented

"why are the grafts pointing upwards?"

so tell me Melvin, what is insulting and disrespectful of the comment "why are the grafts pointing upwards"

Me and 90% of the forum members have never posted a picture of themselves, I don't post a picture of me because there is absolutely no reason to, but curious to hear what the reason you believe is..

• Like 2
  • Thumbs-down 1

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, BaldV said:

I am going to ignore all these baseless accusations and I am just going to say that in my previous comment I mixed this with another post of this clinic that indeed there was no difference between before and after. But you cant really blame me for that as I don't have a hard drive in my mind to remember all my comments after you delete them.

I don't have anything personal with this clinic or the Dr, all I do is share my honest thoughts both in the good and the bad results I see in this forum, trying to protect the members of the forum from being taken advantage of from this dark and shady industry that has destroyed many people’s lives.

You can post here screenshots of my comments side by side with the results I commented about where my criticism was inaccurate or unfair.

In this post I just commented

"why are the grafts pointing upwards?"

so tell me Melvin, what is insulting and disrespectful of the comment "why are the grafts pointing upwards"

Me and 90% of the forum members have never posted a picture of themselves, I don't post a picture of me because there is absolutely no reason to, but curious to hear what the reason you believe is..

Posting pictures takes a great deal of courage. I will always protect our members who have the courage to post their pictures. There are no graft placement and the hair is combed upwards. 

Feel free to call things out, but there is tact. If you want to discuss further feel free to pm me.

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Okay so does the patient have hair gel on his hair so that’s why it’s styled upwards? Without any product the hairs should normally lay forward over the forehead.

Yes. @LaserCaps, who works for the clinic, mentioned that the patient did put gel in his hair to spike it up when he came in for these pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunset Dune and all, that is correct the sites were made following the patients angles and directions. His hair lays down when he does not use products in his hair. The beauty of artistic hair restoration is to create a natural hair restoration outcome. This gives the patient many options in personal hair styling. The photos show that his hair is matted from all the styling gels/wax that he uses. This allows him to "spike" his hair, but wet hair looks a little thinner. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dr B. Arocha, MD,ABHRS, Fellow ISHRS

• Like 1

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!