Aestepool Clinic - w/ Dr. Ahmed Altan - 4700 grafts - November 2023

Hello everybody ,

I read the comments and I think  I need to reply on it.

First of all thank you for all your comments, research  and I just need to clarify a misunderstanding that Aestepool and Aisha have same/mutual teams.

We have worked with them in same hospital in the past so thats true we have used the same operation theaters. But it is just limited with operation theaters. I can not be operating for another clinic nor they can not be making my operations as I have my own stable team. Aestepool Clinic is my own company with my personal staff.

About the subject came up from Polish forum is that because we were in same hospital I guess a patient saw us talking or saw them and me in same hospital and thought that we are the same and/or using same teams.

Lastly that’s also not correct we have only Polish website and using other name for international patients. Removed is our international website you can also find other Aestepool websites designed for other countries to give them better experience.

I am open to any other question marks.

Appreciate your time for reading,

Best Regards ,

Dr. Altan

• Like 3

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Dr. Ahmed Altan said:

Hello everybody ,

First of all thank you for all your comments, research  and I just need to clarify a misunderstanding that Aestepool and Aisha have same/mutual teams.

We have worked with them in same hospital in the past so thats true we have used the same operation theaters. But it is just limited with operation theaters. I can not be operating for another clinic nor they can not be making my operations as I have my own stable team. Aestepool Clinic is my own company with my personal staff.

About the subject came up from Polish forum is that because we were in same hospital I guess a patient saw us talking or saw them and me in same hospital and thought that we are the same and/or using same teams.

Lastly that’s also not correct we have only Polish website and using other name for international patients. Removed is our international website you can also find other Aestepool websites designed for other countries to give them better experience.

Best Regards ,

Dr. Altan

Dr. Altan,

Thank you for providing clarification. However, we do not allow external links on our forum. Please refrain from posting links to your website. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Dr. Ahmed Altan said:

Hello everybody ,

Best Regards ,

Dr. Altan

Thanks for clearing that up Dr. Altan!

Happy to see that you’re checking up on my forum :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Altan,

Thank you for providing clarification. However, we do not allow external links on our forum. Please refrain from posting links to your website. 

If you do not allow external links on these forums, can you please remove the multiple Youtube videos posted on my Forum that are factually inaccurate and are not associated with Aestepool Clinic. This Forum is for people to follow along my journey with Aestepool and not any other clinic. Any person finding this Forum may be steered away if they see videos with botched hair transplants with other clinics. I have already reported one of the videos and am asking if the others can be removed as well. Thanks Melvin.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:46 PM, Dr. Ahmed Altan said:

Actually my information was based on this post from 2019, where user claimed that there was deeper cooperation with Aisha Aisha Hair Turcja Stambuł. - Leczenie chirurgiczne - Pokonaj Lysienie

Translation of this post is : " After all, Aisha and Aestepool are the same, I know what I'm saying because I did through Aestepool but the team from Aisha was also present for the procedure. When I asked Dr. Altan about Aisha he said that it was one team and the prices were the same. In fact I recognize the faces from the photos on the website."

However as i understand, Aestepool team now moved to Goodlook Clinic. Can you clarify what is your cooperation with Goodlook Clinic? Do you use their staff, nurses etc, or you just rent the room and equipment? Do you plan to move Aestepool to your own place in the future? 

Could you tell more details of your surgeries, because i didn't find such informations( i only found info that you plan surgery and do the slits). For example do you use microscopic dissection, do you use single hair for the hairline, what is your role as a lead doctor in operation, how many surgeries you are performing maximum per day, do you as a surgeon work for other clinics etc. Here is example of such presentation Dr. Christian Bisanga | Hair Transplant Network

And there is one thing on you website that is not logical for me. You state, that your FUE tranplantiation provides more grafts then FUT. However i didn't see in your work megasessions like this FUT Gigasession - Hair Transplant With 8143 Grafts - YouTube. I don't see mathematically how can FUE harvest more then FUT

That's a lot of questions, but i think that community would appreciate your answer, thank you. 

20 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Actually my information was based on this post from 2019, where user claimed that there was deeper cooperation with Aisha Aisha Hair Turcja Stambuł. - Leczenie chirurgiczne - Pokonaj Lysienie

Translation of this post is : " After all, Aisha and Aestepool are the same, I know what I'm saying because I did through Aestepool but the team from Aisha was also present for the procedure. When I asked Dr. Altan about Aisha he said that it was one team and the prices were the same. In fact I recognize the faces from the photos on the website."

However as i understand, Aestepool team now moved to Goodlook Clinic. Can you clarify what is your cooperation with Goodlook Clinic? Do you use their staff, nurses etc, or you just rent the room and equipment? Do you plan to move Aestepool to your own place in the future? 

Could you tell more details of your surgeries, because i didn't find such informations( i only found info that you plan surgery and do the slits). For example do you use microscopic dissection, do you use single hair for the hairline, what is your role as a lead doctor in operation, how many surgeries you are performing maximum per day, do you as a surgeon work for other clinics etc. Here is example of such presentation Dr. Christian Bisanga | Hair Transplant Network

And there is one thing on you website that is not logical for me. You state, that your FUE tranplantiation provides more grafts then FUT. However i didn't see in your work megasessions like this FUT Gigasession - Hair Transplant With 8143 Grafts - YouTube. I don't see mathematically how can FUE harvest more then FUT

That's a lot of questions, but i think that community would appreciate your answer, thank you. 

Hello again ,

Thanks for your messages and I appreciate that because I hope all patients do their research like that before they go to a surgeon for their hair restoration.

I will write an about part on my profile but before I will talk briefly about myself and the clinic.

I started my first surgical hair restorations from 10 years ago now and I am performing them with FUE , I am calling it MicroFUE also because I use 0.7mm and according to hair caliber 0.8 mm sometimes.

I perform only 1 maximum 2 operations per day and it was like that from the beginning.

I make meeting and examination of all patients in the morning also draw hairline right after examination of the area and hairs.

I am performing opening the channels part by myself sometimes I also perform harvesting but that’s rare because it is impossible to do all that work by myself , I have professional team and everybody has their own role but I never draw the hairline and leave I am present in operating theatre during operation and everything is under my control from harvesting to implanting, his/her general health etc.

We always implant the thin single grafts for frontal hairline , opposite is not a subject I guess.

I know that you are talking about that post and I told you I don’t know who he is can be a misunderstanding and we never worked like that before. As I mentioned above post he is assuming that we were working together. If that’s real I am really honest and transparent person I could have say that as it is not a shame.

We are working in Goodlok now. That’s true but again I have my own team, equipments for years and we do not use any clinics nurses or team. We use just the facility to perform our job. Like all doctors do in all around the world. You use the facility (hospital, clinic) and maybe this is for a salary or you do your own practice there. The important thing people might not understand is in here things are little bit different. In brief opening a clinic is outrageous expensive here. And doctors like me doing max. 2 operations per day ,is impossible to collect that money in such time. Either I need to have savings or need to perform 20-30 operations per day and become a hairmill.

By the way I tried Sapphire and it is not good for many reasons, i will make a video about it soon or I do not use DHI (maybe just for woman sometimes) it is my bad you can see it in my website this is because of the SEO company forced me to put those subjects and I already cancel my agreement and will delete them soon just now I have no time to write the articles.

I am still standing behind my word FUE provides more grafts. I watched that video and so nice work done, lets say patient has 90 FUs/cm2 so 8143/90FUs=90,47 cm2 and they need to cut and area of 90 cm2 which is really rare and not possible from patient who has tight skin on occipital part.

I always worked for separate my clinic from standard clinics actually they are companies not clinics!

I am following the science and trying to be honest with my patients and learning and improving myself everyday. Grateful for all other doctors who is doing this job decent and with a passion. Following them to find perfection on my operations…

Thank you for your time reading,

Best regards,

Dr. Altan

• Like 7

On 11/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Agreed, just because it’s cheaper doesn’t mean it’s better. On the contrary, cheap surgery usually comes out more expensive when you need to get it repaired.

Couldn’t agree more and the sad part is he’s from Chicago, he had one of the worlds best surgeons in his own backyard 

• Face Palm 1

3 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Couldn’t agree more and the sad part is he’s from Chicago, he had one of the worlds best surgeons in his own backyard 

Did you take the time to read any of the things that I have said throughout this forum? I don’t know what’s so sad about seeking excellent care for an affordable price. Why would I want to spend upward of $15,000 to $20,000 here in the states? That would be sad and financially not smart.

18 hours ago, Dr. Ahmed Altan said:

Op

12 hours ago, Daniel Dabros said:

Did you take the time to read any of the things that I have said throughout this forum? I don’t know what’s so sad about seeking excellent care for an affordable price. Why would I want to spend upward of $15,000 to $20,000 here in the states? That would be sad and financially not smart.

Overall, the other posters here are urging caution more than anything else. You are taking more of a risk by going to Turkey and choosing the cheaper option. It seems however, the Dr is quite ethical and has given a good account of himself here.  well here, and it further appears that it will be a decent result nevertheless.

Edited by streethawk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, streethawk said:

Op

Overall, the other posters here are urging caution more than anything else. You are taking more of a risk by going to Turkey and choosing the cheaper option. It seems however, the Dr is quite ethical and has given a good account of himself here.  well here, and it further appears that it will be a decent result nevertheless.

Thank you for your comment! I appreciate all the engagement with this post and people’s caution. Only thing I wish could be different is some misinformation being spread. Besides that, I appreciate any and all comments. And yes Dr. Altan has been great throughout my hair journey. Thanks again :) 

1 hour ago, Rawkerboi said:

The work looks good and I wish you best OP, Its wonderful to see Dr. Altan supporting his work too.

I am quite sure this will turn out well.

Thank you for your comment! Dr. Altan has been great and I have recommended him to a few of my family and friends already :) 

The work looks very clean and i like the design a lot. The price of your hair transplant $2660 for 4700 grafts is also very good deal ...you saved a lot of money and im sure you will get a nice result which will make you happy. @Dr. Ahmed Altan seems to be an ethical surgeon doing max 1-2 patients per day.

Edited by Jupiter_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jupiter_ said:

The work looks very clean and i like the design a lot. The price of your hair transplant $2660 for 4700 grafts is also very good deal ...you saved a lot of money and im sure you will get a nice result which will make you happy. @Dr. Ahmed Altan seems to be an ethical surgeon doing max 1-2 patients per day.

Thank you for your comment! I’m very happy with the entire process and results so far. I very much recommend Aestepool Clinic and Dr. Altan to other potential clients :) 

• Like 1

Happy growing. The density and distribution of grafts looks great. I think Your result is going to be very good, if you have high yield of grafts 👍 

what made you choose dr Ahmed altan ? He looks promising to be honest.
What did the doctor do in your hair transplant?  Did your doctor did the hairline design, plan and incisions part (opening of channels in your recipient area) ?

Edited by Reina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reina said:

Happy growing. The density and distribution of grafts looks great. I think Your result is going to be very good, if you have high yield of grafts 👍 

what made you choose dr Ahmed altan ? He looks promising to be honest.
What did the doctor do in your hair transplant?  Did your doctor did the hairline design, plan and incisions part (opening of channels in your recipient area) ?

Hi there thanks for your comment! I’m very optimistic I’ll end up having a great final result :) 

I chose Dr. Altan because I had a very close family member of mine get his hair transplant done with him at his clinic back in October of 2022. His results are amazing. He was referred by one of his close friends who also got his transplant done at Aestepool. So basically, word of mouth and a little bit of research made me ultimately go with Dr. Altan and his clinic :) 

For any questions regarding the process or Dr. Altan’s role in the procedure, please refer to the previous comments posted in this forum. The doctor himself has left a few replies to other commenters and explained it nicely in detail. 
Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Crikey - people are going in a bit hard here!

1. I really like the design of the hairline. Usually in Turkey we see that weird sloping down temple corners thing but here the the doctor has kept the recession nice and natural and the hairline height nice and mature. 10/10 from me on the design!

2. We won't know how soft and natural the hairline looks until it's grown out but I'm pleased to read that the Dr himself has posted to state that they use fine singles for the hairlines. Whether microscopes are used wasn't mentioned, but if this design is matched with soft singles (and the survival rate is high), it'll be a very nice restoration indeed and it will be great to see a clinic in Turkey producing high level work at a more budget friendly price for international patients.

3. Good on the Dr to come on here and address questions and provide more insight into his practice. Hopefully the results live up to it for the OP.

OP - will be following with interest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Crikey - people are going in a bit hard here!

1. I really like the design of the hairline. Usually in Turkey we see that weird sloping down temple corners thing but here the the doctor has kept the recession nice and natural and the hairline height nice and mature. 10/10 from me on the design!

2. We won't know how soft and natural the hairline looks until it's grown out but I'm pleased to read that the Dr himself has posted to state that they use fine singles for the hairlines. Whether microscopes are used wasn't mentioned, but if this design is matched with soft singles (and the survival rate is high), it'll be a very nice restoration indeed and it will be great to see a clinic in Turkey producing high level work at a more budget friendly price for international patients.

3. Good on the Dr to come on here and address questions and provide more insight into his practice. Hopefully the results live up to it for the OP.

OP - will be following with interest!

They are going hard yes, but I’m all for it! I’m very open to being honest about the clinic and my overall experience. I have nothing but good things to say! :) 

1. Thank you so much! Dr. Altan during my first initial consult back in July drew out what I could expect the new hairline to look like, and I was on board. He once again drew it out the day of the surgery and it was essentially the same. I’m very happy how it came out post transplant. 
2. Oh most definitely. Here in the USA, I was looking upwards of $15,000 for a procedure with this many grafts. It can be a little nerve wrecking traveling to a country for the first time, (especially for a surgery), but overall I’m happy I made that decision. This clinic was very welcoming and everyone was professional in their work.
3. He’s been great! I communicate frequently with him and his team on WhatsApp and there I send them updates and they offer me advice on best possible results. 

Thanks for following along and I look forward to sharing my results with you and everyone :) 

46 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

I think the work looks great. Your face is framed really well now. Excited to follow this to the end with you!

Thank you Steve! I feel more confident going out in public now and I’ve been getting compliments from family and friends! I’m excited for the final results and I’m happy to hear you’ll be following along :) 

4 hours ago, Daniel Dabros said:

Hi there thanks for your comment! I’m very optimistic I’ll end up having a great final result :) 

I chose Dr. Altan because I had a very close family member of mine get his hair transplant done with him at his clinic back in October of 2022. His results are amazing. He was referred by one of his close friends who also got his transplant done at Aestepool. So basically, word of mouth and a little bit of research made me ultimately go with Dr. Altan and his clinic :) 

For any questions regarding the process or Dr. Altan’s role in the procedure, please refer to the previous comments posted in this forum. The doctor himself has left a few replies to other commenters and explained it nicely in detail. 
Thanks again!

Aha I see. So the 2 successful real patient results from dr altan Ahmed and a bid of research about him made you to select him.Then I think you made the right decision since you saw real patient results from him and plus his price is really affordable..
im also looking to have a hair transplant and I will be following your journey. Keep us updated. I wish you all the best 🙏

• Like 1