Harline to straight (not looking natural)

Hi,

I had a hairtransplant 15 month ago. I was happy until the final result, made me feel bit insecure of the outcome. Even tho we should embrace our HT, i still wanted to keep mine anonymous. People been noticing that my hairline looks too straight. Also the surgeon never extracted graft from my sides, only back of my head.

My question, is it worth to get a new HT? Or what should i do?

I would like to include I'm still on finasteride and it's been for 8 years. I'm 31 years old today.

20230923_131456.jpg

20231002_165516.jpg

20231002_171418.jpg

Judging from the pictures the problem is not that the hairline is too straight but it seem that you have way too many multiple grafts on the front of the hairline ant that stands out. If this is the case then this is fixable by adding single grafts with microirregularities on the hairline. Where did you go for the first procedure?

Bisanga is one of the doctors that is recommenden here and is doing this kind of repairs. It is definitely worth it having a consultation with him.

• Like 1

Sadly it doesn't look as natural as it should. It's similar to mine (i haven't posted it yed) and I'm also seeking a repair. Thick hair and multiples in the very first line are the main concern to me regarding your result, even more than the straight hairline.

Where did you have your transplant?

Edited by baddecisions
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marklius said:

Hi,

I had a hairtransplant 15 month ago. I was happy until the final result, made me feel bit insecure of the outcome. Even tho we should embrace our HT, i still wanted to keep mine anonymous. People been noticing that my hairline looks too straight. Also the surgeon never extracted graft from my sides, only back of my head.

My question, is it worth to get a new HT? Or what should i do?

I would like to include I'm still on finasteride and it's been for 8 years. I'm 31 years old today.

20230923_131456.jpg

20231002_165516.jpg

20231002_171418.jpg

I also had a similar issue. My hairline was straight moreover, it had very low density. My plan was to convert a straight hairline into a symmetrical one. I went for a repair procedure. 149 grafts were extracted from both side to give it a natural look. You can also do the same extract grafts from the fronto temporal angle and go for a symmetrical hairline, it'll give more natural look. You can check my thread for details. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jjalay said:

Judging from the pictures the problem is not that the hairline is too straight but it seem that you have way too many multiple grafts on the front of the hairline ant that stands out. If this is the case then this is fixable by adding single grafts with microirregularities on the hairline. Where did you go for the first procedure?

Bisanga is one of the doctors that is recommenden here and is doing this kind of repairs. It is definitely worth it having a consultation with him.

Thank you for your answer. Ive seen his work and he is great at what he do. I could send PM with clinic name, just to keep my privacy.

10 hours ago, Shadman said:

I also had a similar issue. My hairline was straight moreover, it had very low density. My plan was to convert a straight hairline into a symmetrical one. I went for a repair procedure. 149 grafts were extracted from both side to give it a natural look. You can also do the same extract grafts from the fronto temporal angle and go for a symmetrical hairline, it'll give more natural look. You can check my thread for details. 

Looked and the new result looks awesome, congrats 👏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marklius said:

Looked and the new result looks awesome, congrats 👏

Thank you. I'm almost at 4 month mark. In the next 2-3 months I would receive overall 70% density, but the way so far it has been progressing is simply great. I can understand your feelings. When I used to take any selfies, in the picture it looked very straight; as a result it was looking very unnatural. I was very unhappy. You can contact Eugenix and ask for what would be their approach for the repair. Recently they're having a large number of  repair patients. 

• Administrators

It could be softer, looks like the grafts are chunky. Maybe the best hairs weren’t selected. Its not terrible. Very similar to Brett Maverick’s hairline. People praise it, and never notice it. 

IMG_9694.jpegIMG_9695.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It could be softer, looks like the grafts are chunky. Maybe the best hairs weren’t selected. Its not terrible. Very similar to Brett Maverick’s hairline. People praise it, and never notice it. 

IMG_9694.jpegIMG_9695.png

Sorry Melvin, that man is far too handsome. Please never post a picture like this again, it’s ruined my morning 😂

• Haha 4

Thank you guys for the replies, well what bothers my it's to straight. Maybe goes well on a shorter haircut where you line up your hairline. But i tend go for longer hair, so as i understand people are leaning more towards graft removal than adding more grafts. Is there a risk for scars that will be visible if i go with removal?

If they punch out a few obvious doubles on the hairline I highly doubt you will get scarring. The risk of scarring increases if there are a lot of grafts and they are right next to each other, which is not the case with you. You're not removing the whole hairline, you just want to punch out the offensive grafts.

I'd also consider creating more of a recession in the corners. That will involve punching out a few more from the corners than in the middle. But will look way more natural.

• Valued Contributor

@Marklius

I can understand your concern and this is because there are some multis on your hairline but to be frank normal people wouldn't notice it that much and surgery should be performed only if there is such a need ,in your case  imho it isn't an absolute need though you can only say how much it is necessary for you ..i would say try not to look at it too much and forget about this and try to be happy and enjoy your new hairs...but still if you feel the need to fix tht than you can remove few multis from the hairline...consult a good doctor and see what he/she has to say regarding this.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 10/4/2023 at 11:04 AM, Gatsby said:

To the average Joe on the street they would never notice that you've had surgery. Up close and personal maybe. I would be inclined to have some doubles removed if you do anything surgical.

Disagree. My girlfriend knows nothing about hair transplants and we saw somebody the other day and she said the guy's hair looks weird but couldn't make the connection. The problem was the same: hairline was too straight and the surgeon had put multis into the hairline so it just looked like a wall. Similarly I was watching a boxing podcast the other day and Spencer Oliver was on it. First thing I noticed (not an average Joe, admittedly) and it was the same issue. Straight hairline and too "thick" at the front with too many multis. Not good work. What didn't help with Spencer is that he was losing his hair at the back. Nobody has an 18 year old hairline and a balding crown in nature. The whole thing just looked weird.

For the OP, some others have said nobody will notice but I think it is noticeable (supported by the fact people IRL have told you they think it is noticeable) and I think it is worth doing the repair for. However, do not put more singles in front of an already low hairline - this will also look unnatural. Get FUE and have them take the multis from the hairline and put them behind and then cherry pick singles from the back and sides and put them in the front. It is annoying (and costly) but not the end of the world. I also like the advice above of have them take some of the grafts from the temples and giving you a NW2 slight recession. As you age, this will look more age appropriate and natural. Other than that, I think they did a good job. Lots of density and it seems all the grafts have grown through. One more minor procedure with a very good clinic and you will look amazing and completely natural. Good luck!

Edited by TrixGlendevon
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 10:07 AM, TrixGlendevon said:

Disagree. My girlfriend knows nothing about hair transplants and we saw somebody the other day and she said the guy's hair looks weird but couldn't make the connection. The problem was the same: hairline was too straight and the surgeon had put multis into the hairline so it just looked like a wall. Similarly I was watching a boxing podcast the other day and Spencer Oliver was on it. First thing I noticed (not an average Joe, admittedly) and it was the same issue. Straight hairline and too "thick" at the front with too many multis. Not good work. What didn't help with Spencer is that he was losing his hair at the back. Nobody has an 18 year old hairline and a balding crown in nature. The whole thing just looked weird.

For the OP, some others have said nobody will notice but I think it is noticeable (supported by the fact people IRL have told you they think it is noticeable) and I think it is worth doing the repair for. However, do not put more singles in front of an already low hairline - this will also look unnatural. Get FUE and have them take the multis from the hairline and put them behind and then cherry pick singles from the back and sides and put them in the front. It is annoying (and costly) but not the end of the world. I also like the advice above of have them take some of the grafts from the temples and giving you a NW2 slight recession. As you age, this will look more age appropriate and natural. Other than that, I think they did a good job. Lots of density and it seems all the grafts have grown through. One more minor procedure with a very good clinic and you will look amazing and completely natural. Good luck!

Thank you for the detail comment and i agree with you fully. I've talked to couple clinics and got mixed answers. Some suggest laser, extract or lower hairline a bit with single grafts. My hairline is 6 cm from the glabella is its already one the low side already.

Edited by Marklius

On 10/6/2023 at 3:47 PM, RTC said:

Agree with @TrixGlendevon

Just punch a few multis out and recess the corners slightly. This will soften the hairline and make a world of difference. I don't think there's any point adding or camouflaging

I love the idea, but as I said above. I get mixed answers. You got any recommended places? Ive contacted many of the recommended clinics also

Why exactly are people telling OP to remove the multiples? Instead of just planting some singles in the front?

So confused.

Wouldn't removing the multiples cause more scarring, cost just as much and also make the hairline higher and create the appearance of thinning?

Sure, adding some singles could make his hairline a tiny bit lower, but I just don't see how that's a bad thing at this stage of OP's HT journey. 

Edited by Proportions
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Proportions said:

Why exactly are people telling OP to remove the multiples? Instead of just planting some singles in the front?

So confused.

Wouldn't removing the multiples cause more scarring, cost just as much and also make the hairline higher and create the appearance of thinning?

Sure, adding some singles could make his hairline a tiny bit lower, but I just don't see how that's a bad thing at this stage of OP's HT journey. 

Hello, thank you for your comment. My hairline is 6 cm from the glabella. So it's already bit low. I think why people comment remove grafts is because of low hairline looks funky when you get older. But i'm also confused since ive got mixed answers from clinics aswell. So i'm afraid doing something that will make things worse

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marklius said:

Hello, thank you for your comment. My hairline is 6 cm from the glabella. So it's already bit low. I think why people comment remove grafts is because of low hairline looks funky when you get older. But i'm also confused since ive got mixed answers from clinics aswell. So i'm afraid doing something that will make things worse

There's no such thing as a hairline too low, there's only a lack of donor hair for low hairlines. Everyone would do a low hairline if donor was infinite. 

I see adding singles in front as an absolute win. Especially if some clinics suggested doing so as well.

Your density seems good enough to look good with a low hairline as well.

Edited by Proportions
  • Like 1